Europa Cup

martoon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who?

Also Videoton knocked out Bordeaux :o .

Willie Miller & Richard Gordon.....hope it's hurting after listening to heir smug comments post match on my way home from golfing at Alyth last Thursday night.

RG was speculating on the possible opponents in next round.....hope he booked tickets to all 5 venues, but not on his BBC Sportsound Expense Account. :toff:

Sevco type behaviour

What? Fighting stewards in the stands like cavemen or getting pumped 2-0 and out of Europe by some diddy club?

IveSeenTheLight

Dear istl,

Aberdeen bounced put of Europe by a bunch of nobodies - again.

Y/s

Kiwidoug

Truth is, we didn't do enough.

Apollon Limassol were the better team over the two legs.

Onto the next game

Onto the next game

Good, now can you piss off onto their board? ;)

Five to One

Onto the next game

Should have started with Wright and Maynard imo.

Shockley is shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Onto the next game

Right for once in your life

:thumbsup:

Five to One

BBC Aberdeen talking up Hibs and expressing concerns for Hearts [emoji85]

Desperate for us to fail.

Nookie Bear

BBC Aberdeen talking up Hibs and expressing concerns for Hearts [emoji85]

Desperate for us to fail.

A decent head coach will get that siege mentality burning from day one.

Is this the end for the "Europa Cup" thread :( ?

No, Celtic drop into it when they get papped in their next CL qualifier.

No, Celtic drop into it when they get papped in their next CL qualifier.

Yip, and if the green menace do drop into the Europa League, it will be the group stage so will be in Europe until December at least.

Vicious fighting, aye right :rofl:

I've seen worse from young girls up the town on a Saturday night

They are pretty vicious tbf.

luckyBatistuta

Not in that vid, there was more missed kicks than anything else and a few punches.

Not in that vid, there was more missed kicks than anything else and a few punches.

I was talking about young girls up the town on a Saturday night.

Meanwhile Everton show how to spend ?100 million and not improve one jot.

Just scored to make it 1-0 on the night but struggled throughout this qualifier.

luckyBatistuta

I was talking about young girls up the town on a Saturday night.

So you were, what an erse I am :lol:

Your right tho

Stephen Muddie

I'm glad they got papped. Hopefully it keeps the sheepshagging shaun lawson away from here, but i doubt it.

Chronic

Meanwhile Everton show how to spend ?100 million and not improve one jot.

Just scored to make it 1-0 on the night but struggled throughout this qualifier.

thats the EPL in a nutshell, pissing money up the wall and still not getting close to the elite in Europe.

A lot of bitterness towards the Dons on here. We really need Scottish sides to improve in Europe. I was glad to see Celtic win yesterday and would have been delighted to see Aberdeen do the same. In fairness to Aberdeen they are still gelling as a side and were missing Rooney upfront. 

@ISTL - Whats happening with Moult?

A lot of bitterness towards the Dons on here. We really need Scottish sides to improve in Europe. I was glad to see Celtic win yesterday and would have been delighted to see Aberdeen do the same. In fairness to Aberdeen they are still gelling as a side and were missing Rooney upfront.

Yeah mate, I too was delighted to see Celtic go through.

67bb6dc9fc0a33b9358fea0de8d8d17f.gif

IveSeenTheLight

It's gone a bit quiet on Moult.

Still a rumour we will get him but Motherwell looking to line up a replacement first.

Just have to wait and see.

A Hearts man wouldn't utter your words.

If you actually are Hearts, what's wrong with you?

If you're not Hearts then go away.

Also can folk stop entertaining this ISTL gadgie, it's a ****ing Hearts forum, the Flossy love in is piss poor.

A Hearts man wouldn't utter your words.

If you actually are Hearts, what's wrong with you?

If you're not Hearts then go away.

Also can folk stop entertaining this ISTL gadgie, it's a ******* Hearts forum, the Flossy love in is piss poor.

The only side I wish to see lose in Europe is Sevco. It's like I don't understand why some fans would want to see their national side lose.

Been supporting the Jambos since 1964. My Uncle took me to see Hearts draw 1-1 with Dunfermline at Tynecastle.

A lot of bitterness towards the Dons on here. We really need Scottish sides to improve in Europe. I was glad to see Celtic win yesterday.

:rofl: :rofl:  Okay then.

manaliveits105

No bitterness towards the sheep they just dont matter in the grand scheme of things

Will have to change their theme tune though their fans were steamin backwards against a couple of stewards

michael_bolton

Aberdeen getting to the group stages would have given them a real edge over us financially over the next couple of seasons at least.

Glad they're out. We need to get our act together. One season in the groups would be huge kick forward medium term. Comparatively big money for us.

Jambo in Yorkshire

I said a few weeks ago that no Scottish team would get to the group stage of the EL. Last night teams like Bordeaux, PSV and Bromby went out and it was only round 3.

It will need a good deal of luck in the draw to get through to the group stage.

The co-efficient of the teams and the country is the main problem. If Scottish teams performed better we wouldn't enter the EL in round 1 and that must help. A later start would help preparation etc, the bottom line is we need all teams to do better or we start from the bottom!

The other option is we don't care about Europe.

Harry Potter

That was some aberdeen support last night, i take it there was other bits of the stadium where they were sitting.

We've had some decent results away in Europe and in the heat.

0-3 via Rijeka

0-2 via Siroki Brijeg

We also did well beating Groningen away from home albeit not as hot.

I'm sure McInnes will have a plan

Yeah

Qualify again

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I said a few weeks ago that no Scottish team would get to the group stage of the EL. Last night teams like Bordeaux, PSV and Bromby went out and it was only round 3.

The co-efficient of the teams and the country is the main problem. If Scottish teams performed better we wouldn't enter the EL in round 1 and that must help. A later start would help preparation etc, the bottom line is we need all teams to do better or we start from the bottom!

It's the quality of our players and coaching

Aberdeen won't be sickened by this they will go again.

2nd in the league is their spot as is the European qualification that comes with it. It's up to someone else to come and take it from them because they won't just let go.

They have a hunger and a determination to keep that spot and keep punching away in Europe trying to reach the groups.

It won't be easy for anyone to deny them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aberdeen won't be sickened by this they will go again.

2nd in the league is their spot as is the European qualification that comes with it. It's up to someone else to come and take it from them because they won't just let go.

They have a hunger and a determination to keep that spot and keep punching away in Europe trying to reach the groups.

It won't be easy for anyone to deny them.

They certainly seem that way. Positive they don't look as good bar Christie. If he gets banjod they could have problem coping

That's the double-edged sword as regards our country's standing in Europe.

If we want to start later in the competitions, we would need a few seasons of all teams getting through the first three or four rounds to even get to a point of starting a couple of weeks later.

If you look at it that way, it's pretty difficult to see it changing which is depressing but will satisfy people who don't want anyone else to win a game bar us.

Maybe this is our level and will be for a long time.

Sorry, wee edit, Yorkshire....Celtic are already in the EL group stage if they lose their CL qualifier.

That's the double-edged sword as regards our country's standing in Europe.

If we want to start later in the competitions, we would need a few seasons of all teams getting through the first three or four rounds to even get to a point of starting a couple of weeks later.

If you look at it that way, it's pretty difficult to see it changing which is depressing but will satisfy people who don't want anyone else to win a game bar us.

Maybe this is our level and will be for a long time.

Sorry, wee edit, Yorkshire....Celtic are already in the EL group stage if they lose their CL qualifier.

this pretty much sums it up, outwith Celtic nobody will qualify for the group stage in the next few years at least, for those with lesser ambition thats fine, getting pumped oot the League is better fun.

Archived