Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

fabienleclerq

i think lafferty will struggle to hit double figures for us next season. However i think his link up play, desire and effort will mean he will be involved in a fair few goals either getting assists or by pulling players out the way to give others space to score. I can see him being a player Isma will love to play with. I would compare his potential impact on the way the team plays to the way Kevin Kyle helped players like Templeton get space when he was with us.

I think he'll link up well but tbh I think he'll hit double figures too, maybe not in the league but when u add in the cups.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
luckyBatistuta

Calm doon folks, 2 year deal signed - announcement imminent. :thumbsup:

2 year deal signed and I'm not naming my source...ok. I'll get in shit if I do.

Do you honestly believe all these clowns on here actually are ITK , i know they actually believe they are, They been telling us a deal has been done for the last 24 hours when patently there hasnt and as i stated earlier if reports from the media are correct and he is speaking with Lennon tomorrow then there wont be a deal with Hearts for sure

Let's face it. Nobody on here knows what's going on. Despite what they say.

:gok:

Do you think we just made it up. If so, why would we have said the length of the deal too, would have just said 'signed'

Do you think we just made it up. If so, why would we have said the length of the deal too, would have just said 'signed'

Amen brother.

i thought we had all the mileage out of that picture, but nope there is still more

Yep, but it fortunately still says 'feck you Lennon'!!

Keep them coming guys.

luckyBatistuta

OOFT. Just seen this pearler :lol:

Mate you said it was a done deal 2 days ago. It's okay to admit you jumped the gun - even Lafferty himself said it was a frustrating 4 days to get it over the line. But of course you knew it was a done deal 2 days ago. :lol:

Get it right up me that Hearts have signed a good player that everyone is happy with :rofl: GIRFUM. Glad it's up me.

He did indeed :smugger:

What's with the thread title change? Thought we'd have waited for club confirmation first?

Am believing **** all until Hearts confirm it :-)

:wink:

:2thumbsup:

gashauskis9

38eb0da9f9898c02b65c5d77938a4d6e.jpg

You fecked that up mate. The auld bloke at the front never gets photoshopped, that's the rule!

It is an absolute stick on that after all this, he'll end up being shite.

He could easily hit 20 if he can stay injury free & the manager reminds him that there is no way he will get away with acting like he did last time he was in Scotland. Not seen him play recently but sure he will have improved since leaving The Rangers & if he knuckles down could be a huge success. 

Gavsy Van Gaverson

You fecked that up mate. The auld bloke at the front never gets photoshopped, that's the rule!

:spoton:

luckyBatistuta

38eb0da9f9898c02b65c5d77938a4d6e.jpg

Tremendous :rofl:

e86d91d09e456fb2c8b10a9eaa20a0d8.jpg

Didn't think you could better it, but you did. :rofl:

Well done

Bad Religion

Aye, the first thing Levein and Gardiner did this morning was update you on the status of the deal. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Levein & Gardiner - Right, that's 5pm, let's call It a day there.

Lafferty & Agent - Aye, fair enough, it's been a long day. Back here tomorrow around 10 bells?

Levein & Gardiner - Sounds good to us. See you tomorrow. Oh, who's phoning Dazjambo to keep him up to speed...?

Your contact in the catering department not keeping you up to speed?

Fact he bumped Lennon is even better....4 days they waited for him to show....This boy is going to go far!

Daza's info has been solid from page 1 and been delivered without arrogance and argument. Credit where it's due.

Doubted that Lafferty who has been talking to the club for days would sign for the club? What did you call exactly, out of interest?

Ferryjambo99

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1211941/kyle-lafferty-hibs-hearts-neil-lennon-ian-cathro/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Absolute gold. His agent was with Lennon when he signed for us

Edit:links not working. I'm sure someone can find the article

2nd Edit, links working

Might already be on this thread, but I've just seen this on twitter. Apparently KL left his agent sitting down at Easter Road whilst signing for the Hearts? Cult hero already :-)

Seemingly it left Lennon 'less than impressed'. Shan likes.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1211941/kyle-lafferty-hibs-hearts-neil-lennon-ian-cathro/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Ferryjambo99, on 28 Jun 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

Absolute gold. His agent was with Lennon when he signed for us

Edit:links not working. I'm sure someone can find the article

2nd Edit, links working

Jz5Az0Z.jpg

King Of The Cat Cafe

And most of you doubted me. Cheers to the ones that kept the faith. It will be quite pleasing to see a proper pr!ck on the pitch insted of in the stands next season. Something we have definatly missed someone with a bit of fight in them

I know you now.  You're Ann Budge's butler, aren't you?

Might already be on this thread, but I've just seen this on twitter. Apparently KL left his agent sitting down at Easter Road whilst signing for the Hearts? Cult hero already :-)

Funny if true but any story that starts with "SunSport understands" is best ignored!

Escobar PHM

Ach I'm still not entirely convinced about the Hibs part of this story. Hasn't he already said he had no intention of speaking to Hibs unless and until the Hearts process was dead ?

Gordon Ramsay

Instant legend.

Captain Bubblebeard

Lots of hindsight geniuses on here (I am one of them!) who like nothing better than to wisely call things after the event. Great examples are Osh, Sammon and Cowie three year deals, Cathro appointment etc etc.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, let's see you nail your colours to the mast before a ball has been kicked on Lafferty.

Good signing? Two year deal too long/too short? Will he get goals?

NB: just a bit of fun so we can have a chuckle six months down the line when we have some real evidence to judge him on and folk are losing their shit over him being a terrible signing / the DoF making the error of only giving him a two year deal. Please keep the bickering to other threads - all opinions are valid at this stage!

To start the ball rolling, I think he's a decent signing, will get some but not bucketloads of goals but will contribute elsewhere, will split opinion and will leave after his two years neither a Sammon nor a Skacel.

WheatfieldWarrior

Lots of hindsight geniuses on here (I am one of them!) who like nothing better than to wisely call things after the event. Great examples are Osh, Sammon and Cowie three year deals, Cathro appointment etc etc.

So for the avoidance of any doubt, let's see you nail your colours to the mast before a ball has been kicked on Lafferty.

NB: just a bit of fun so we can have a chuckle six months down the line when we have some real evidence to judge him on and folk are losing their shit over him being a terrible signing / the DoF making the error of only giving him a two year deal. Please keep the bickering to other threads - all opinions are valid at this stage!

To start the ball rolling, I think he's a decent signing, will get some but not bucketloads of goals but will contribute elsewhere, will split opinion and will leave after his two years neither a Sammon nor a Skacel.

So you're nailing your colours to the 'he'll be average' mast? :D

Captain Bubblebeard

So you're nailing your colours to the 'he'll be average' mast? :D

Yeah, I kinda thought that whilst writing it! But that's what I think! I'm glad we signed him but don't think he'll be a world beater.

I take exception to you including Cowie in with those other two. Cowie is a good player and showed a lot more effort than most last season and ran himself into the ground.

KYLE LAFFERTY became an instant Hearts idol ? after BLANKING Neil Lennon to sign at Tynecastle. Ex-Norwich and Rangers striker Lafferty was scheduled to meet Hibs boss Lenny as the rival clubs chased his signature.

One of his advisers, ex-Manchester United ace Keith Gillespie, was waiting at Hibs? training ground primed for negotiations with Lennon. But Lafferty, 29, opted instead to agree a lucrative two-year deal with the Jambos, after four days of intensive talks ? with Hearts boss Ian Cathro becoming increasingly nervous about the hovering Hibees.

SunSport understands the snub by the Northern Ireland star, who left Ibrox in 2012 following three title successes, left Gillespie embarrassed, and Lennon far from impressed. Lafferty will complete his return to Scotland?s top flight after a medical tomorrow morning.

fireeagle51

Aye?

As saying that so I wouldn't get disappointed if he never signed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

He'll do better than watt and Sammon.

Sticking my neck out there.

I think in a few years he'll be remembered in a similar way to how Kevin Kyle and Craig Beattie are now: offered something different and made an impact off the pitch as well as on it, got an important goal (or hopefully a few) against Hibs/cup semis. Minor cult hero to some, others will say he didn't score enough.

Captain Bubblebeard

I take exception to you including Cowie in with those other two. Cowie is a good player and showed a lot more effort than most last season and ran himself into the ground.

You're missing my point. At first he was a great signing, then it was a disgrace that we gave him a three year deal, now he's a great signing again. And quite often that is the opinion of the same person! I was just using as an example.

He's got a lot at stake in terms of NI international set up

He's a cut above your average spl striker

He's got a swagger and a bit of an axe to grind with gers, celts and hibs. With NI shown he's a big game player.

My prediction.

Derby hero, cult hero and overall success

Great signing

Ps I was in the minority when being sceptical about Osh. Like to think I can tell a player ;-P

Bungalow Bill

Surprised Lennon didn't try and sign Gillespie!!

No chance, we weren't in for him!

I predict with him and Isma up front we might be paying a few quid into the SPFL Xmas party fund in fines!

my prediction is "he wont give a flying what some champ manager/never kicked a baw, whinger on kickback says"

he certainly wont be intimidated of his game like the wee laddies like walker, nicholson, paterson etc that kb usually pick on

I like him already.

Apparently he left Keith Gillespie (his agent) sitting with Lennon at Easter Road while Kyle was signing a 2 year deal with us.

Top work!

Captain Bubblebeard

He's got a lot at stake in terms of NI international set up

He's a cut above your average spl striker

He's got a swagger and a bit of an axe to grind with gers, celts and hibs. With NI shown he's a big game player.

My prediction.

Derby hero, cult hero and overall success

Great signing

Ps I was in the minority when being sceptical about Osh. Like to think I can tell a player ;-P

Would happily take that! (I was sadly well on board the Osh happy train when we signed him! Called Sammon as a huddy from day one though, but don't think I was alone in that!)

You're missing my point. At first he was a great signing, then it was a disgrace that we gave him a three year deal, now he's a great signing again. And quite often that is the opinion of the same person! I was just using as an example.

You have lost me.

Don't see the point

Some things work, some don't. Tough world of sport and life.

"I was right; I told you so" is sad at best

Archived