Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Bridge of Djoum

Its pretty obvious both parties were oceans apart in their package expectations.

Oh dear. Feeling a bit silly now?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard.

I just hope he is given some protection after the disgraceful assault by the aberdeen player when he last played in Scotland.

Yeeeeeeeeeessssssss

cf63afd21c5c0a0b4964e38984854ec5.png

Trending UK wide. Seems we are big news tonight [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am calling it now. Sarcastically cheered when announced as man of the match in a game we are losing and then booed for the rest of his Hearts career haha!

Great signing! Exactly what we need!

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder how long transfer deals used to take BSM (before social media)? Used to be that you'd get the news of a signing after the deal was done but had it taken 1 day or 10 days to put together? With the advent of unsocial media and a generation without patience and a sense of entitlement off the scale we end up with threads like this. Ah well, that's progress then.

I wonder how long transfer deals used to take BSM (before social media)? Used to be that you'd get the news of a signing after the deal was done but had it taken 1 day or 10 days to put together? With the advent of unsocial media and a generation without patience and a sense of entitlement off the scale we end up with threads like this. Ah well, that's progress then.

Exactly.

Folk also forgot that the new Polish lad was photographed a good few days before any deal was announced.

I guess it's one of many reasons the club don't like transfer dealings played out in public.

It's good to see us getting our signings in early. We seem to know exactly what we need and the board are delivering.

I'm only judging our new signings after I've seen them play a few games for us, hopefully we're adding quality to the squad with players that are motivated to do their very best for this club.

Bridge of Djoum

He will cause us bother and won't be very good, Mark my words

You really are a crushing bore. 

Never, ever a positive thing to say about the team you claim to follow. 

Ignore for you. 

Brave Hearts

3 days after me ;)

Thanks Daza.

You stuck to yer guns despite what the doubters said.

And you appeared very confident all along regardless of it taking a long period of time to be announced !!!

rudi must stay

Stunning signing. Well done to the board for the negotiations and to Ian Cathro and Austin McPhee, I think he'll get alot of goals

I was let in to Tynie by a contractor in the summer of 97 to have a wee look at the new Gorgie Stand being built and Robbie Savage was on the pitch with JJ.

Still waiting on him signing.

Albeit, I  didn't recognise him and thought we were after some Scandinavian.

Bungalow Bill

I was let in to Tynie by a contractor in the summer of 97 to have a wee look at the new Gorgie Stand being built and Robbie Savage was on the pitch with JJ.

Still waiting on him signing.

Albeit, I didn't recognise him and thought we were after some Scandinavian.

We were close to signing Savage and Egil ?stenstad. If memory serves me right.

Delighted with this signing. Well done Levein and Budge for putting this deal together. Over to Cathro and MacPhee to get the best out of him and Lafferty to step up and really make his mark at Hearts. The standard of the league is such that he can be a big big player for us with the correct attitude.

Onto the next one......progress is being made!

jamtartan74

Hang on a minute, Daza are u really Kyle Lafferty? Makes sense now, well done buddy [emoji1303].

Pretty impressed with this signing,after all the crap we had last year.This is a player who know the Scottish game and wants to solidify his position for the World Cup .Welcome Kyle I hope you have a great time with the Jambos.

Pretty impressed with this signing,after all the crap we had last year.This is a player who know the Scottish game and wants to solidify his position for the World Cup .Welcome Kyle I hope you have a great time with the Jambos.

I hope so too, Norrie but, like the thread when Cathro signed up, i'm keeping my counsel until praise is merited.

alicante jambo

Good signing for us.Going to be disliked by other fans hopefully he can put a couple away against the wee team.Weve been crying out for this type of player for ages.Welcome to the jambos.

Five to One

Feeling really positive that lessons have been learned. Finally signing proven SP players.

Son Of Anarchy

cf63afd21c5c0a0b4964e38984854ec5.png

Trending UK wide. Seems we are big news tonight [emoji4]

As someone who doesn't do social media, how the **** can Paddington Bear tweet with those stubby wee paws?

Can we all agree on a random name that we've heard is signing for us so that Banderson takes it as his next "exclusive". I'd enjoy that.

I Think Lafferty could be a great signing. Welcome aboard.

Been following this and other threads for a while (Well it seems a while now) and well done to the poster that called this from the start. 

Few more good targets to follow hopefully and we'll be looking good for next season. 

Five to One

Couldn't resist having a wee sneaky peaky on delusional.net

Found this pearler:

Roxyhibee 06:07 PM Today

Marciano, Ambrose, Murray and Swanson are all better signings than Lafferty.

Aye [emoji108]

Riddley Walker

"That was horrid"

Is that really the impression you want to give after a trial? :laugh:

Wait, is that real?

Same with the posters with chocolate egos making stuff up about a signing being imminent in order to seem important when they are talking absolute balls. JKB is like a breeding ground for pure weirdos.

I've been busy all day and just catching up on this thread but can't let this post pass without comment.

GIRFUY.

I hope so too, Norrie but, like the thread when Cathro signed up, i'm keeping my counsel until praise is merited.

agree boab but we know he can score goals,and is proven in our league ,Cathro was an unknown quantity .

Found this pearler:

Aye [emoji108]

They seem to forget these about the only 3 players they've got. Surely to **** they're not going to wheel Stevenson out for another season!?

agree boab but we know he can score goals,and is proven in our league ,Cathro was an unknown quantity .

Good point. Suppose the wee guy, Cathro, still is.

Big season ahead. Just not sure about KL but will be delighted if i'm pulled up for talking pish later in the season.

Thank God this got over the line, there were so many soggy knickers on here I was thinking of knocking together an ark

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Thought Police

Reading his statement about the crowd I almost feel sorry for him. Doesn't know what a miserable bunch of b******* he's going to have half an hour to impress.

fabienleclerq

Found this pearler:

Aye [emoji108]

I know a boy who's pals with one of the Hibs players, he says "murrays ****ing terrible ".

Heartsmad1874

Quick note from Lafferty posted on twitter0788636e9906e3b0aa7960106ac8781b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

You think. This would be a huge slap in the puss to Levein, Cathro and MacPhee.

Should Whittaker and Lafferty end up at Easter Road I'm afraid to say Hibs would continue to get one over us in recent times. That would be the reality. Hopefully this is complete speculation and we secure at least the latter but let's not pretend that if we don't finalize this deal it's anything but a huge blow given the time that's gone into it and the clear want to sign him by the management.

You can stop sharpening your pencil.

Carronlea Jambo

Happy with signing and even happier that we now appear to be committing to two up front which is a big step forward in my view

Good point. Suppose the wee guy, Cathro, still is.

Big season ahead. Just not sure about KL but will be delighted if i'm pulled up for talking pish later in the season.

Us old Hearts men talk pish all the time.Have a great season mate.

Us old Hearts men talk pish all the time.Have a great season mate.

You too, buddy.

Newcastle will be my first game this season....looking forward to it already.

Captain Slog

A bit of an irrelevant first post, before I've even set up my account properly.

But I couldn't agree more that Hearts need this sort of 'non fluffy' player after the last half of the season- an arch villain!

And as I was reading about this, BBC post an homage to the arch villain Robbie Rotten, clearly showing the Hearts scarf Lafferty had above his head, positioned on one of his disguises  to the rear of Robbie Rotten during much of the clip.

https://youtu.be/PfYnvDL0Qcw

They both look similar too.

Archived