Newcastle

JJ1984

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1

Why are we giving so few tickets to Newcastle United for this, i.e. 1300 is the number I believe they are receiving, and their fans are rather upset, rightly I'd say. It isn't that long since we played Sunderland in a friendly at Tynecastle, and they filled the full Roseburn, when we played Middlesbrough at Tynecastle they brought a big away support, as would Newcastle if we gave them the tickets. If the ticket money takings are to go towards funds for the new stand surely it makes more sense to try and maximise sales from this game. Give Newcastle the number they want, sell the remaining seats available and job done.

We_are_the_Hearts

Why are we giving so few tickets to Newcastle United for this, i.e. 1300 is the number I believe they are receiving, and their fans are rather upset, rightly I'd say. It isn't that long since we played Sunderland in a friendly at Tynecastle, and they filled the full Roseburn, when we played Middlesbrough at Tynecastle they brought a big away support, as would Newcastle if we gave them the tickets. If the ticket money takings are to go towards funds for the new stand surely it makes more sense to try and maximise sales from this game. Give Newcastle the number they want, sell the remaining seats available and job done.

Newcastle had to set the Loyalty points at 100 so quite a few will miss out

We've only got 2.5 stands for ourselves this time though.

I imagine they'd have been given the full Roseburn had the main stand been operational.

Still plenty home tickets though, few thousand I reckon at a glance. Probably get the Geordies buying tickets in the home end now.

Nucky Thompson

Looking at the dots left, there are still loads of tickets to sell. A mistake not giving Newcastle the full Roseburn

portobellojambo1

We've only got 2.5 stands for ourselves this time though.

I imagine they'd have been given the full Roseburn had the main stand been operational.

Still plenty home tickets though, few thousand I reckon at a glance. Probably get the Geordies buying tickets in the home end now.

You summed it up in sentence 3 kila, there are still shitloads of home tickets available. I have a feeling we will do well to sell out the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands, and I say that accepting that the game comes half way through the Edinburgh holiday period and is on a Friday evening. And again, when your looking to maximise income for a specific reason, better to get the money banked, and if you have guaranteed sales you go for it. I could be a little bit off the mark here, but I have a recollection of reading on Friday past before beginning the journey to Belfast, either on here or Facebook, that we had sold around 6,000 tickets at that point. The combined capacity of the two stands mentioned above must be about 9,500, which may well prove to be enough for us.

Allowayjambo1874

Got a geordie mate who's not got enough points for a ticket in their end. Given slow sales and the fact it's a friendly against a team who's fans most would say are sound, does anyone think it would be a big deal for him to sit in the roseburn close to their support (no colours) ? Knowing him he would probably not be able to sit on his hands if they score!

Hungry hippo

Got a geordie mate who's not got enough points for a ticket in their end. Given slow sales and the fact it's a friendly against a team who's fans most would say are sound, does anyone think it would be a big deal for him to sit in the roseburn close to their support (no colours) ? Knowing him he would probably not be able to sit on his hands if they score!

As long as he isn't antagonising our support then I'm sure it will be fine.

Son Of Anarchy

Looking at the dots left, there are still loads of tickets to sell. A mistake not giving Newcastle the full Roseburn

Which couldn't really be predicted tbh. Hearts are right to think about us first and Newcastle second. 11k seats 14k ST holders.

Son Of Anarchy

My big Geordie mate will be in with us. Really can't see an issue.

Allowayjambo1874

My big Geordie mate will be in with us. Really can't see an issue.[/quote

Aye your right, might just bring him into wheatfield with us, it's hardly going to be a poisonous atmosphere

Son Of Anarchy

My big Geordie mate will be in with us. Really can't see an issue.[/quote

Aye your right, might just bring him into wheatfield with us, it's hardly going to be a poisonous atmosphere

My mate moved up here many years ago so doesnt get to many games anymore. We are in the Wheatfield too but unfortunately this will be a major surprise to him as he assumed I was getting him an away ticket. Can't wait to see his face :lol:

Ferryjambo99

Worth noting that the Newcastle loyalty points total dropped to 10. Hibs had a crowd of 9300 for their lewis Stevenson testimonial, it'd be good to beat that

been here before

The difference between a Kangaroo and a Kangoroot?

One is an Australian marsupial and the other is a Geordie stuck in a lift.

Feel free to use that on Friday.

At Windsor Park on Saturday the fans were all mixed in together in the one stand, no issues at all, the only issue was the Hearts guys going to go boxing over Isma which have already been spoken about on the Linfield thread, it is not a competitive game, can't see folk objecting to the odd Geordie in amongst us.

Buying another ticket just now and noticed the Gorgie pretty much sold out now.  There was at least 1000 seats free in there this morning I think! Can't believe they've all been sold this morning..

At Windsor Park on Saturday the fans were all mixed in together in the one stand, no issues at all, the only issue was the Hearts guys going to go boxing over Isma which have already been spoken about on the Linfield thread, it is not a competitive game, can't see folk objecting to the odd Geordie in amongst us.

I've no real issues with this.

When we played Barcelona at Murrayfield I felt like an away fan sitting in the home end.  Stadium was full of tourists and neutrals and it killed any hope of Hearts fans starting an atmosphere.  That was a one-off though, so can't compare.

I've spent a bit of time in their neck of the woods recently and to a man and woman they all like a weekend in Edinburgh .I think they will bring a sizeable crowd.I hope we can sell our tickets cos I think it will be a good night.Hopefully they put out a decent side which may give us an indication of how we are just now.I know it's only a friendly and the second half usually peters out.

Buying another ticket just now and noticed the Gorgie pretty much sold out now. There was at least 1000 seats free in there this morning I think! Can't believe they've all been sold this morning..

According to one of the Hearts Facebook pages, a Newcastle fans' forum is talking about buying home end tickets so it wouldn't surprise me if they've bought in the Gorgie end en masse.

Harry Potter

My big Geordie mate will be in with us. Really can't see an issue.

Be fine mate, hope he enjoys his trip to Tyne.

?50 for me and the kids is just to much but I have given up going to friendlies a long time ago tbh.

Price of away matches means I have to cut back elsewhere.

Expensive August looming taking 3 kids to Parkhead and Ibrox.

heartsfc_fan

The Gorgie end is all red in e-tickets.

There was a fair few in there this morning when I looked. Surely they can't have all sold? Unless the club have stopped selling them for now.

Nucky Thompson

The roseburn is just about all green. I'm sure there was a lot more sold there yesterday :uhoh2:

The Gorgie end is all red in e-tickets.

There was a fair few in there this morning when I looked. Surely they can't have all sold? Unless the club have stopped selling them for now.

Ffs don't want to be in a second away end :D we've bought our usual season ticket seats in the Gorgie!

Looking forward to our first game at home this season. Got tickets for my little girl and I on Friday.

Yep Hearts messed up a wee bit here

Understandable that they wanted as many Hearts fans as possible but misjudged the appetite for such games set against the appetite of some Geordies wanting to gan' oot on the piss likes and get mortal

Heartsmad1874

Understandable that they wanted as many Hearts fans as possible but misjudged the appetite for such games set against the appetite of some Geordies wanting to gan' oot on the piss likes and get mortal

Think if the Main Stand was open Hearts wouldn't have tooken the decision however Hearts are looking after Hearts fans first as 13k season tickets sold and only about 10k seats available doesn't add up.

Granted not all ST holders will attend but the club were right to restrict allocation for away fans on this occasion.

Son Of Anarchy

Like I said to Nucky, Hearts had to look after us first and foremost. Can you imagine ST holders not getting a ticket? The furore would have been immense. Its a case of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

When we have played Man City etc over last few years there was loads of folk (mainly kids, but a few adults) in the hearts end wearing Man City tops / scarfs etc

As said before as long as not antagonising our fans they should be fine

MacDonald Jardine

Like I said to Nucky, Hearts had to look after us first and foremost. Can you imagine ST holders not getting a ticket? The furore would have been immense. Its a case of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Indeed.

The take up from our fans is a bit embarrasing to be honest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

davemclaren

Indeed.

Is it? Friendlies are dull. I'm going to see the new stand. :)

Rocky jamboa

I was in the club shop today and there must have been a good 20/25 folk buying tickets in the 10 minutes I was in there. Hoping for a good turnout on Friday.

Son Of Anarchy

Indeed.

I don't think its embarrassing tbh as these games are usually pants. We have the same debate every year with one side saying "folks are on holiday" v "should be selling out". Personally I'm in the " going for drink and curry oh and there's a game on" camp ;)

I don't think its embarrassing tbh as these games are usually pants. We have the same debate every year with one side saying "folks are on holiday" v "should be selling out". Personally I'm in the " going for drink and curry oh and there's a game on" camp ;)

It's a Friday night. Meeting mates straight after work for a meal and beers. Then get a chance to see some of our new signings in action. Looking forward to it.

It's not a big deal - our fans are apathetic about friendlies which I understand but we didn't have a great crowd against Man City who are one of the biggest EPL draws.

I'm guessing Newcastle fans will get in our end and I'm guessing it will be fine. They're just Scots without brains after all....

You summed it up in sentence 3 kila, there are still shitloads of home tickets available. I have a feeling we will do well to sell out the Wheatfield and Gorgie stands, and I say that accepting that the game comes half way through the Edinburgh holiday period and is on a Friday evening. And again, when your looking to maximise income for a specific reason, better to get the money banked, and if you have guaranteed sales you go for it. I could be a little bit off the mark here, but I have a recollection of reading on Friday past before beginning the journey to Belfast, either on here or Facebook, that we had sold around 6,000 tickets at that point. The combined capacity of the two stands mentioned above must be about 9,500, which may well prove to be enough for us.

You would be the first to moan if Hearts fans couldn't get a ticket because the club had given Newcastle too many tickets.

We have over 13000 ST holders who are entitled to try and buy a ticket and it's right that Hearts look after their own fans.

Anyway sales will pick up strongly in the next few days and game will sell out.

MacDonald Jardine

Is it? Friendlies are dull. I'm going to see the new stand. :)

Yes they do tend to be dull.

So our fans only turn out for exciting games?

portobellojambo1

Newcastle allocation sold out this morning

I tend to think JamboJen could be correct in her post above, in that in addition to that allocation in the Roseburn stand Newcastle fans are now trying to secure tickets anywhere in the ground, and could well be responsible for the large sale of tickets in the Gorgie end this morning. I'm guessing they would have been able to pick these up via Ticketmaster, even if not advertised on our own website. Bit similar to Saturday pasts game at Windsor Park, there were tickets being sold by Linfield via Ticketmaster for both Linfield and Hearts fans, but these were for the North and South stands (which I think are the stands behind the goals). I may be wrong here but I think it was only the West Stand that all fans were in, and all other three were empty, possibly a decision made by the police on match day, based on total online tickets sales at close of business on the Friday night. Bit daft to have staff, stewards and police in attendance at three stands if everyone could fit into the one. I don't think there is any chance of any sort of problems at Tynecastle on Friday night, but it might have made a lot more sense just to give Newcastle the Roseburn Stand for convenience.

Son Of Anarchy

I tend to think JamboJen could be correct in her post above, in that in addition to that allocation in the Roseburn stand Newcastle fans are now trying to secure tickets anywhere in the ground, and could well be responsible for the large sale of tickets in the Gorgie end this morning. I'm guessing they would have been able to pick these up via Ticketmaster, even if not advertised on our own website. Bit similar to Saturday pasts game at Windsor Park, there were tickets being sold by Linfield via Ticketmaster for both Linfield and Hearts fans, but these were for the North and South stands (which I think are the stands behind the goals). I may be wrong here but I think it was only the West Stand that all fans were in, and all other three were empty, possibly a decision made by the police on match day, based on total online tickets sales at close of business on the Friday night. Bit daft to have staff, stewards and police in attendance at three stands if everyone could fit into the one. I don't think there is any chance of any sort of problems at Tynecastle on Friday night, but it might have made a lot more sense just to give Newcastle the Roseburn Stand for convenience.

How could that be done without a customer reference number?

portobellojambo1

I have no idea. If they were on Ticketmaster is it possible they could book them if they had a Newcastle United reference number. Although I was aware that for the game on Saturday Linfield were selling tickets I didn't try to purchase tickets that morning. I was in the club shop the same lunchtime and HMFC said it would be pay at the gate, so I don't even know what questions I'd have been asked if I'd gone ahead and tried to purchase tickets for that game online.

Pretty sure you can create new accounts online on eticketing, although I may be wrong. It does seem strange that every Gorgie stand ticket has sold out though. Even if the Geordies had decided to buy tickets en masse I wouldn't have expected the entire stand to sell out, especially while there's tickets still available in the Roseburn beside the accrual away support. Maybe the club have taken the stand off sale for some reason.

Edit: have just gone on to eticketing and the option is there to create a new account, so I'd imagine that's how it's been done.

Son Of Anarchy

I have no idea. If they were on Ticketmaster is it possible they could book them if they had a Newcastle United reference number. Although I was aware that for the game on Saturday Linfield were selling tickets I didn't try to purchase tickets that morning. I was in the club shop the same lunchtime and HMFC said it would be pay at the gate, so I don't even know what questions I'd have been asked if I'd gone ahead and tried to purchase tickets for that game online.

I would sincerely hope only a Hearts reference number would be able to obtain a Hearts seat. I don't foresee any issues but you never know. Just can't see it and really hope your wrong.

Son Of Anarchy

Pretty sure you can create new accounts online on eticketing, although I may be wrong. It does seem strange that every Gorgie stand ticket has sold out though. Even if the Geordies had decided to buy tickets en masse I wouldn't have expected the entire stand to sell out, especially while there's tickets still available in the Roseburn beside the accrual away support. Maybe the club have taken the stand off sale for some reason.

Edit: have just gone on to eticketing and the option is there to create a new account, so I'd imagine that's how it's been done.

That's worrying. I always thought a purchasing history was required? Strange they haven't bought seats close to away fans.

Yeah why would they buy in the Gorgie when the Roseburn pretty empty on our side. Must be another reason I think.

That's worrying. I always thought a purchasing history was required? Strange they haven't bought seats close to away fans.

No purchase history needed for most games, only cat A I think

Archived