Newcastle

JJ1984

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When is the Linfield game? With Beffred, 15th July seems to be the only date left for a game

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is the Linfield game? With Beffred, 15th July seems to be the only date left for a game

8th July.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

13k capacity, not quite the money spinner. Move it to Murrayfield!

August Landmesser

We had about 12k for Man City & Everton in the last two years - both with a decent away crowd; Murrayfield might be a stretch.

I'd like to be spending the game gazing over at the new stand anyway!

There wont be much more than that there anyway, even with Newcastle getting the full roseburn

We had about 12k for Man City & Everton in the last two years - both with a decent away crowd; Murrayfield might be a stretch.

I'd like to be spending the game gazing over at the new stand anyway!

But was like ?25 for a ticket. Would've been a higher crowd had it been ?12.

?25,000 at ?12 we still make the same dosh. 

August Landmesser

So it was, had forgotten that! Yeah, ?25 to watch Wille Collum ruin a friendly was nuts...

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Hard to believe now but England didn't qualify in 74 and 78. Played for the first time in Spain in 82 with others like Trevor Brooking. Cannae remember how Keegan played though. Tournament was most famous for Northern Ireland (I think) beating hosts Spain

Never qualified in 66 or 70 either ;)

William H. Bonney

Dirtiest player I have ever seen at Hearts.

Never saw him but I heard a story once perhaps you remember.

Apparently whilst taking a corner kick he negotiated the sale of a caravan with a fan in the terracing.

I'm sure it's just probably an urban myth

MacDonald Jardine

Apparently whilst taking a corner kick he negotiated the sale of a caravan with a fan in the terracing.

I think that was when he was at West Brom.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

William H. Bonney

Ah. But it's a true story? That's amazing.

William H. Bonney

I just watched an interview with him on you tube and it was a greenhouse he bought. Also saw him sipping a can of beer before taking a corner for rangers. Some man.

Sorry to digress from the thread.

If this is a possibility and we need to raise the shortfall in funding, I don't understand why we are considering playing this match

with 3 stands rather than to officially open the new stand a few weeks later to a capacity crowd! Madness!

We_are_the_Hearts

If this is a possibility and we need to raise the shortfall in funding, I don't understand why we are considering playing this match

with 3 stands rather than to officially open the new stand a few weeks later to a capacity crowd! Madness!

Everything at the clubs is a shambles just now. Playing squad, management set up, ticket office, recruitment agency. Might as well chuck in a stupid friendly

The Treasurer

Could be scheduled for the international weekend (4th Sept) the week before we are due to play the first league game at home.

Assuming they could have everything in place for then, given it's already a very tight project deadline.

Footballfirst

Friday 14 July at 7:45 confirmed.

Hearts will welcome Newcastle United to Tynecastle for a glamour pre-season friendly next month.

The Jambos will take on the Magpies on Friday, 14th July with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Rafa Benitez? men arrive in Gorgie having secured promotion back to the English Premiership last season whilst the Jambos will be making their final preparations for their first competitive BetFred Cup match the following week.

The game will also see Head Coach Ian Cathro and defender Aaron Hughes come up against their former club. Ian was part of Rafa Benitez' coaching staff prior to joining Hearts whilst Aaron played 248 competitive games in a black and white jersey from 1997 to 2005.

The fixture will be Hearts? only pre-season friendly at Tynecastle and all proceeds will go directly to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

Due to the ongoing redevelopment work, only three stands will be in operation. Demand for tickets is expected to be high and season ticket holders will be given first option to purchase tickets. Full details will be announced in due course.

bauld willie

That one is new to me.

He wasn't quite finished when he came to Hearts, but I always felt he thought he was too good to be here.

He certainly wasn't the player sent home from Argentina in disgrace.

William H. Bonney

That one is new to me.

He wasn't quite finished when he came to Hearts, but I always felt he thought he was too good to be here.

He certainly wasn't the player sent home from Argentina in disgrace.

Yeah. Found out it was a greenhouse he bought.

We_are_the_Hearts

Be at least ?25. Clues in the wording. Only friendly, proceeds to redevelopment fund, Demand for tickets is expected to be high

bauld willie

Be at least ?25. Clues in the wording. Only friendly, proceeds to redevelopment fund, Demand for tickets is expected to be high

The only way you could conceivably charge that kind of money was to ensure everyone understood it was a fundraiser.

Other than being reasonably close, there is nothing special about Newcastle.

Nookie Bear

The only way you could conceivably charge that kind of money was to ensure everyone understood it was a fundraiser.

Not sure about that. They are (now) an EPL team so that gives them some kids with the kids but they are also known for a pretty decent away support.

Would rather Newcastle than, say, Hull or Bournemouth.

Friendlies are utterly crap regardless of who we play.

davemclaren

Friendlies are utterly crap regardless of who we play.

They are but getting to see a partially completed new stand us an incentive, for me anyway.

Which is what it is as all proceeds are going to the Tynecastle redevelopment fund

The Future's Maroon

Looking forward to this one myself, I had a Hearts top signed by the Newcastle squad from the last game in early nineties.

Stupidly, I didn't get it framed and it sat on a hanger in my wardrobe for ages...eventually just gave it to a mate, I wish I still had it, was slightly unique too

Be at least ?25. Clues in the wording. Only friendly, proceeds to redevelopment fund, Demand for tickets is expected to be high

. ?25 to watch a training session...

Looking forward to this one. The wife is a Geordie and her family are all big Newcastle fans and as such I have a soft spot for them. Although hope we stuff them. 

Buffalo Bill

Everything at the clubs is a shambles just now. Playing squad, management set up, ticket office, recruitment agency. Might as well chuck in a stupid friendly

What's stupid about a pre-season friendly that was set up specifically to raise money for the new stand?

Clubs up and down the country, year on year arrange these types of games.

Friendlies are a good way of giving the players a decent game and allowing clubs to get a bit of cash through the turnstiles.

Sounds to me like you need a good holiday.

Archived