Newcastle

JJ1984

Son Of Anarchy

No purchase history needed for most games, only cat A I think

Thanks. Again I find that crazy if thats the case.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's worrying. I always thought a purchasing history was required? Strange they haven't bought seats close to away fans.

Like I say, I'm not sure if that is what's happened. I've taken the Gorgie sell out and added it to the Newcastle fans' discussions about buying home end tickets and I've possibly come up with 5. Previous customer references are required for certain games (OF/Hibs) but all fans start with a first purchase at some point and nowadays that is online for many people. For example, I have a customer reference number with Sunderland but have only ever bought tickets online. The very first time I did it I registered online and that generated me a customer number which I've been able to log in with since.

FWIW, maybe the club has just decided to sell out the Wheatfield and Roseburn first before filling the Gorgie with remaining sales and a cash gate. Would make most sense since it's the closest set of turnstiles to the main thoroughfare.

Son Of Anarchy

Like I say, I'm not sure if that is what's happened. I've taken the Gorgie sell out and added it to the Newcastle fans' discussions about buying home end tickets and I've possibly come up with 5. Previous customer references are required for certain games (OF/Hibs) but all fans start with a first purchase at some point and nowadays that is online for many people. For example, I have a customer reference number with Sunderland but have only ever bought tickets online. The very first time I did it I registered online and that generated me a customer number which I've been able to log in with since.

FWIW, maybe the club has just decided to sell out the Wheatfield and Roseburn first before filling the Gorgie with remaining sales and a cash gate. Would make most sense since it's the closest set of turnstiles to the main thoroughfare.

Good point actually and makes sense. Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

davemclaren

Good point actually and makes sense. Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Can't believe we will see a cash gate. Might gice those tickets to Newcastle though.

been here before

How could that be done without a customer reference number?

I missed out on an away ticket for last years cup game at Raith due to last minute changes at work.

Went onto the Raith website, created an account there and then and voila, I sat in with their supporters.

It's as easy as that.

Have we sold tickets to Hearts fans in the Roseburn? Maybe holding the Gorgie back to move them there and give the whole Roseburn to Newcastle. Probably too late and complicated to do that now though

Have we sold tickets to Hearts fans in the Roseburn? Maybe holding the Gorgie back to move them there and give the whole Roseburn to Newcastle. Probably too late and complicated to do that now though

Yep I've bought my season ticket seats, as have some of the people around us.

Just noticed the Newcastle Diamonds are up this Friday for speedway as well so here's to a double.

Gorgie_Rules

As I mentioned earlier in the thread there was 14,000 odd at the Man City game a few years ago so the club has perhaps gauged the demand from that, however that was at the start of the Budge era.

I don't see any reason why the club didn't open just the Gorgie and Wheatfield first then gauged demand. It was obvious the Geordies would bring a big crowd.

Hopefully there is an effort from the club to move those who have purchased in the Roseburn.

heartsfc_fan

As I mentioned earlier in the thread there was 14,000 odd at the Man City game a few years ago so the club has perhaps gauged the demand from that, however that was at the start of the Budge era.

I don't see any reason why the club didn't open just the Gorgie and Wheatfield first then gauged demand. It was obvious the Geordies would bring a big crowd.

Hopefully there is an effort from the club to move those who have purchased in the Roseburn.

12k.

http://www.skysports.com/football/hearts-vs-man-city/319591

Got to remember Man City are a bigger draw than Newcastle.

We'll probably end up with 10k.

Deans Jambo

Tickets NOT available on Ticketmaster for this game only via Hearts ticket site and you require a customer ref no or you can create a new account.

My hunch for no tickets being available in the Gorgie stand is either Hearts trying to push sales in the other stands to make stewarding and catering easier to manage. .....or to falsely create a sales rush. Nothing better to push sales than the fear of missing out!

Holyrood_Hearts

Sorry for the daft question but I constantly have issues viewing the Interactive Seating Map. Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated!!

FarmerTweedy

Thanks. Again I find that crazy if thats the case.

It would be crazy if it wasn't the case.

We'd never be able to get any new fans if we only ever sold tickets to folk that had already bought tickets in the past!

heartsfc_fan

Sorry for the daft question but I constantly have issues viewing the Interactive Seating Map. Any advice on how to fix this would be appreciated!!

Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers seem to work.

Think there has been known issues with Safari and Chrome?

Safari and Chrome block Adobe Flash by default but you can overrule in your browser settings

Ticketmaster stuck in the past using outdated web tech :(

Son Of Anarchy

It would be crazy if it wasn't the case.

We'd never be able to get any new fans if we only ever sold tickets to folk that had already bought tickets in the past!

Indeed. I'm more referring to away fans getting home seats. Everyone has to start a purchase history sometime.

Loads of Geordies come up to Edinburgh for the weekend even without the football.

If you have ever travelled on the Kings X to Edinburgh train on a Friday afternoon it's filled with hen and stag parties who get on at Newcastle. The train then becomes like a football special with Police patrolling the carriages.

Going by the state of some of them they shouldn't be getting tickets in the Hearts sections. Potential for trouble quite high imo.

FarmerTweedy

Indeed. I'm more referring to away fans getting home seats. Everyone has to start a purchase history sometime.

Ah, sorry, I see! Yes, it would be daft if it was possible to log on using a NUFC fan account and buy home tickets. Don't think that can be done though!

Seymour M Hersh

Tickets NOT available on Ticketmaster for this game only via Hearts ticket site and you require a customer ref no or you can create a new account.

My hunch for no tickets being available in the Gorgie stand is either Hearts trying to push sales in the other stands to make stewarding and catering easier to manage. .....or to falsely create a sales rush. Nothing better to push sales than the fear of missing out!

That's where my tickets are for.

Seymour M Hersh

Newcastle are likely to bring more fans seeing as the majority of their fanbase is in the North East as opposed to the Far East like Citeh

Made me chuckle but are they not more Mid-East?

Gorgie being blocked out for a cash gate on Fri night makes sense

Plenty seats in the Wheatfield and Roseburn for those buying now

Fxxx the SPFL

Loads of Geordies come up to Edinburgh for the weekend even without the football.

If you have ever travelled on the Kings X to Edinburgh train on a Friday afternoon it's filled with hen and stag parties who get on at Newcastle. The train then becomes like a football special with Police patrolling the carriages.

Going by the state of some of them they shouldn't be getting tickets in the Hearts sections. Potential for trouble quite high imo.

Nah i don't think there will be any issues Geordies have been up a good few times and I've yet to see any bother, even in the pubs before and after the game.

Preston Jambo

Anyone know if this is on Hearts TV?

Nothing on the website.

Buffalo Bill

Why did we not give NU the entire Roseburn for this? A bit of a daft decision not to. Surely the club remember uptake for the Wolfsburg game?

the general

Made me chuckle but are they not more Mid-East?

not his strong point ... cannot even find the bar in the Tynie Arms

Seymour M Hersh

not his strong point ... cannot even find the bar in the Tynie Arms

That's just being a tight git! 

Why did we not give NU the entire Roseburn for this? A bit of a daft decision not to. Surely the club remember uptake for the Wolfsburg game?

Going to this game, tickets bought today for section G, first friendly attended for about five years purely becsuse it is a new stand fundraiser. Wasn't at the Wolfsburg game I hate frendlies as a rule.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

Slevinkelevra

Sorry if I've missed it but anyone know how many tickets we've sold for NUFC game. Still to get mine.

Was in the ticket office today and they said there was around 2500 left

Was in the ticket office today and they said there was around 2500 left

Really. Wont be many if any left by Friday. Cheers for that.

Hungry hippo

Really. Wont be many if any left by Friday. Cheers for that.

Would be very surprised if it sold out based on sales so far.

Fitzroy Pointon

Programme for Friday. 9add28881293ee7130046702cbc1a5f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mr God Awful Ugly

Having some tech issues here so can anyone tell me what time the ticket office is open until on Friday please.

Heartsmad1874

Having some tech issues here so can anyone tell me what time the ticket office is open until on Friday please.

According to Hearts tickets they'll be selling up until 6.

heartsfc_fan

Looks like Wheatfield is heading for a sell out. Not a huge amount left, mainly in lower section G.

Starting to sell more in the Roseburn now aswell.

I'd imagine we'll get a crowd of around 10-11k on the night.

Buffalo Bill

There were hundreds of Newcastle fans in the Hearts end when we played them in '95, with no trouble at all.

One of the things you sometimes find in football is that the people who seem most likely to cause trouble suddenly become much less likely to do so when there isn't a fence or partition in the way.

A lot of talk still about Benitez being unhappy over transfers and promises on funds not being kept.

Maybe one of his last games in charge.

Meantime Newcastle fans are great. Looking forward to it.

Looks like Wheatfield is heading for a sell out. Not a huge amount left, mainly in lower section G.

Starting to sell more in the Roseburn now aswell.

I'd imagine we'll get a crowd of around 10-11k on the night.

I've just bought one for the back row of Sec G. About half a dozen left up there and quite a few in lower A. 

There were hundreds of Newcastle fans in the Hearts end when we played them in '95, with no trouble at all.

One of the things you sometimes find in football is that the people who seem most likely to cause trouble suddenly become much less likely to do so when there isn't at a fence or partition in the way.

Yes you are right BB. I remember that night no problem at all.

I actually like and admire the North East clubs. Their fans are so loyal and

passionate about their clubs.

Newcastle over 50000 and Sunderland around 40000 in the Premiership they both deserve a lot better than they get.

Not sure how many fans Sunderland brought to ER but I'd be surprised hf it was any less than 2000 out of the 9000 crowd.

They do like a bevvy though but no harm in that in itself.

portobellojambo1

Newcastle over 50000 and Sunderland around 40000 in the Premiership they both deserve a lot better than they get.

Not sure how many fans Sunderland brought to ER but I'd be surprised hf it was any less than 2000 out of the 9000 crowd.

When we played them back in August 2009 Sunderland had the whole of the Roseburn stand. Some had been in Merchiston Hearts in the morning and came back again after the game, and they weren't shy in downing the drink. From speaking to them in the morning they said they'd come up by supporters bus. It got to about 20:30 at night and I just asked out of interest what time their bus was leaving to take them home. One of them said to me, Oh the bus left at 18:00. When I asked how they were getting home he said they hadn't decided on that yet but if needs be they would walk.

When we played them back in August 2009 Sunderland had the whole of the Roseburn stand. Some had been in Merchiston Hearts in the morning and came back again after the game, and they weren't shy in downing the drink. From speaking to them in the morning they said they'd come up by supporters bus. It got to about 20:30 at night and I just asked out of interest what time their bus was leaving to take them home. One of them said to me, Oh the bus left at 18:00. When I asked how they were getting home he said they hadn't decided on that yet but if needs be they would walk.

Merchsiton Hearts can't be that much of a draw??

;)

927 makems at ER.

1 left in V,

49 in A,

91 in G,

636 in H,

209 in J and

33 in K.

1,019 left.

Could be very close to a sellout.

heartsfc_fan

Is the Gorgie actually sold out? Seem to remember plenty of seats left th other day then suddenly all gone.

Archived