Newcastle

JJ1984

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Internet

Chance for us to get a look at some of the reserve players we'll be linked with.

Billybuffjaw

At Tynie.

Sounds good to me

The Hobos have got Sunderland at home, would be fun and games if it was the same weekend.  :bobby:

Son Of Anarchy

The Hobos have got Sunderland at home, would be fun and games if it was the same weekend. :bobby:

Now that would be carnage.

PeterintheRain

John Robertson's testimonial against Newcastle. Kevin Keegan playing and being received with sustained applause.  Nobody shouting any kind of abuse at all at such a legend.

It's a wonder that they'd ever come back.

All a bit dull though.   English team from just down the road we've all seen before and every week on TV.   It might well be unaffordable, but couldn't they find a more exotic team to play?

John Robertson's testimonial against Newcastle. Kevin Keegan playing and being received with sustained applause. Nobody shouting any kind of abuse at all at such a legend.

All a bit dull though. English team from just down the road we've all seen before and every week on TV. It might well be unaffordable, but couldn't they find a more exotic team to play?

I'm sure exotic teams around the world are just gagging to send their first team on a plane for a one off friendly with us!

Midfield Terrier

John Robertson's testimonial against Newcastle. Kevin Keegan playing and being received with sustained applause.  Nobody shouting any kind of abuse at all at such a legend.

All a bit dull though.   English team from just down the road we've all seen before and every week on TV.   It might well be unaffordable, but couldn't they find a more exotic team to play?

Well it wasn't John Robertson's testimonial it was Alex McDonald's I can't recall any abuse being shouted at Keegan and a newly promoted Newcastle will bring a big crowd land might be worth watching for new signings. Apart from that you're spot on.

Sorry, this doesn't make sense to me.

Bazzas right boot

John Robertson's testimonial against Newcastle. Kevin Keegan playing and being received with sustained applause. Nobody shouting any kind of abuse at all at such a legend.

All a bit dull though. English team from just down the road we've all seen before and every week on TV. It might well be unaffordable, but couldn't they find a more exotic team to play?

Wtf is an exotic team?

Well it wasn't John Robertson's testimonial it was Alex McDonald's I can't recall any abuse being shouted at Keegan and a newly promoted Newcastle will bring a big crowd land might be worth watching for new signings. Apart from that you're spot on.

Wasn't Alex McDonald's testimonial against Rangers? Keegan played one half for each side I think. Could be wrong mind; it was a long time ago.

Midfield Terrier

Wasn't Alex McDonald's testimonial against Rangers? Keegan played one half for each side I think. Could be wrong mind; it was a long time ago.

I was thinking of Keegan playing for Hearts - not as manager of Newcastle so I picked up his point incorrectly. I'd totally forgotten about Robertson's testimonial in which apologies to Peter in the rain if he's right about the booing.

Nookie Bear

Who the deck were you expecting? Melchester Rovers?

Verona, decent exotic side!

I think their support consists of two gentlemen according to that William Shakespeare fellow. :toff:  :toff:

maroonedinbriz

Was it not Willie Johnston's testimonial when Keegan played. It was against Rangers. Keegan had just retired from football and the Hearts fan were singing Keegan Keegan sign for us. He did look class though.

Newcastle will bring a large support and may well ask for all of the Roseburn

Of course much of that depends if it's a weekend fixture

All roads lead to Gorgie

Can Everton no come back .

Not exotic enough.

luckyBatistuta

Keegan played at Alex McDonalds testimonial and he was amazing. I don't remember him getting any abuse whatsoever, only everyone singing 'Keegan, Keegan, sign for us'

I knew he was a good player, but watching him that day made me realise just how incredible a player he was.

William H. Bonney

Wtf is an exotic team?

Colo Colo. Remember them. Dirtiest team I've seen but fairly exotic

All roads lead to Gorgie

German ladies?

post-2100-0-70306200-1497199565_thumb.jpg  The line up.

MacDonald Jardine

Was it not Willie Johnston's testimonial when Keegan played. It was against Rangers. Keegan had just retired from football and the Hearts fan were singing Keegan Keegan sign for us. He did look class though.

It was Alex McDonald's testimonial.

Willie Johnston didn't have one at Hearts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

davemclaren

It was Alex McDonald's testimonial.

Willie Johnston didn't have one at Hearts.

He would have got sent off anyway. ;)

We might get to see 'the thumb' make his debut....................if you believe rumours

is that not neurotic .

William H. Bonney

We might get to see 'the thumb' make his debut....................if you believe rumours

That has to be a drunken rumour surely?

alanthejambo

I remember Kevin Keegan playing in Alex Macdonalds testimonial. Did an amazing dribble from inside the Hearts box beating several players. Clearly a class above and a privilege to see playing for Hearts. Twice European Player of the year I believe

William H. Bonney

I remember Kevin Keegan playing in Alex Macdonalds testimonial. Did an amazing dribble from inside the Hearts box beating several players. Clearly a class above and a privilege to see playing for Hearts. Twice European Player of the year I believe

Unbelievable talent. Only played in one game at a world cup I think.

Sandy Clark

Lovely balls up :)

I would welcome Newcastle anytime. Prefer an away day though.

alanthejambo

Hard to believe now but England didn't qualify in 74 and 78. Played for the first time in Spain in 82 with others like Trevor Brooking. Cannae remember how Keegan played though. Tournament was most famous for Northern Ireland (I think) beating hosts Spain

Keegan always said he was never a natural footballer and learned it all by hard work on the training ground as his career progressed, quite a result and shows what is possible to all wanabees. Decent guy as well.

William H. Bonney

Hard to believe now but England didn't qualify in 74 and 78. Played for the first time in Spain in 82 with others like Trevor Brooking. Cannae remember how Keegan played though. Tournament was most famous for Northern Ireland (I think) beating hosts Spain

26 minutes of world cup football. That's all.

Probably. Would have been an entertaining game though :smiley2:

bernardbresslawsarmchair

It was alex macdonalds and it was against rangers

MacDonald Jardine

Fair point [emoji1]

Dave Narey's toe poke?

Nookie Bear

26 minutes of world cup football. That's all.

He wasn't fit enough to start and was thrown on in the final group game (Spain?)

Missed a glorious chance as well.

Maroon Sailor

Brechin City at home would do for me. Cannae get much more exotic than that.

Rafa who ?

Slevinkelevra

www.google.co.uk/amp/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-could-face-heart-13172741

letsalldothebeattie

Would be a good side to get up to Tynie surely a sell out as well they will bring a massive support and it is the right kind of team to bring out the fans for. Hopefully it happens

Archived