Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

1 hour ago, StanLaurel said:

Warnock was spot on with his reaction and comments. Wolves acted like they'd just won the world cup. They've not even won the championship yet! 

No but as a man who has been at Molineux many times I can tell you that the passion they have as a team and fans can only really equate to how we are as fans. If that was us against Celtic to essentially clinch the division emotions would definately take hold. Especially if Celtic missed two penalties in injury time. 

However Warnock shouldn’t be getting it tight its got to be emotional for him aswell and his reaction is how Id expect our manager to be if boot was on the other foot. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Warnock was spot on with his reaction and comments. Wolves acted like they'd just won the world cup. They've not even won the championship yet! 

Aye, anything to hide the fact it's one point from 6 and Fulham are on their case and they just played two shit games in a row. If that was SAF dancing around tonight do you think for one second he would give a toss and would Sky pull him up ? No chance.  Warnock got shown up tonight on and off the park and he knows it. 

RenfrewHearts
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye, anything to hide the fact it's one point from 6 and Fulham are on their case and they just played two shit games in a row. If that was SAF dancing around tonight do you think for one second he would give a toss and would Sky pull him up ? No chance.  Warnock got shown up tonight on and off the park and he knows it. 

They’d won 8 on the trot before the last 2. Hardly alarm bells.

1 minute ago, RenfrewHearts said:

I never said it was.  But Warnock  knows the limits of his squad. They got shown up tonight (at home) and they were crap at Sheffield. The Nuno hatefest is well publicised down here.

RenfrewHearts
11 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I never said it was.  But Warnock  knows the limits of his squad. They got shown up tonight (at home) and they were crap at Sheffield. The Nuno hatefest is well publicised down here.

I reckon they’ll be alright. They never seem to be beaten, should have really been another point tonight. 

17 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

They are the team punching above their weight in terms of squad, I'd be worried about Fulham as they're a good side and they're on fire just now.

RenfrewHearts
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

They are the team punching above their weight in terms of squad, I'd be worried about Fulham as they're a good side and they're on fire just now.

True, it’s a tough call. Still think that 5 point gap is crucial though. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

(Charlie Mulgrew is in the League One team)

IMG_20180418_125402.jpg

As with Andrew Robertson, Paterson May have been slightly disadvantaged due to not playing at the very start of the season, I imagine.

Barry Douglas unlucky to miss out too with RS an outstanding talent in that league. 

This is a big weekend for Cardiff. Battling with Fulham for automatic promotion. 

They had stuttered with 2 defeats but won late v Norwich last game while Fulham drew. Cardiff 1 point ahead with game in hand (at Derby)  

Now it's Millwall v Fulham tomorrow night. Then Cardiff v Nottingham Forest Saturday evening 7.45pm  Both live on tv. 

If Fulham lose tomorrow Cardiff need 2 wins from last 4 games. 

maroonnicky63
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

This is a big weekend for Cardiff. Battling with Fulham for automatic promotion. 

They had stuttered with 2 defeats but won late v Norwich last game while Fulham drew. Cardiff 1 point ahead with game in hand (at Derby)  

Now it's Millwall v Fulham tomorrow night. Then Cardiff v Nottingham Forest Saturday evening 7.45pm  Both live on tv. 

Only because of Paterson I hope Cardiff do it but Fulham are a better team now I think they have hit a decent bit of form.

shaun.lawson
48 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Only because of Paterson I hope Cardiff do it but Fulham are a better team now I think they have hit a decent bit of form.

They have, but Fulham really screwed up with that draw the other day. The run-in already favoured Cardiff; now they have a margin for error too. Bluebirds, Colin and Funk going up I think.

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fulham to go up via the plaý offs

Villa for me.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

And speaking of Colin:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: 

Had to Google that :rofl:

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

They have, but Fulham really screwed up with that draw the other day. The run-in already favoured Cardiff; now they have a margin for error too. Bluebirds, Colin and Funk going up I think.

Certainly hope so and the run in favours them but football is such a funny game.

Fingers crossed for Callum.  Play out of your skin son.  Your big future starts right now.

shaun.lawson
29 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Same but I don't understand why his nickname is Colin ?

Rearrange the letters in Neil Warnock, with the answer being Colin _________

The Treasurer
13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Massive game at  the New Den tonight.

Both teams on very good runs just now. The result could go a long way to deciding the fate of both teams.

Win for Fulham could see them take the other automatic promotion spot, win for Millwall could see them clinch back to back play-offs, which would be a great achievement

2 wins needed by Cardiff. Derby and Hull away, Reading at home. 

Fulham would be expected to beat Sunderland and Birmingham. 

Fozzyonthefence

Interesting that Paterson not even getting a game recently. His versatility could be the thing that holds him back - will he ever hold down one position? I’m not sure he’s a good enough footballer to play regularly at centre midfield. He’s chipping in with goals when he does play but when I’ve seen him his involvement in games has been minimal other than winning headers.

Fozzyonthefence
55 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fulham could be a good bet then. I would expect Cardiff to beat Reading at home but not sure they’ll win one of the away games.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Fulham could be a good bet then. I would expect Cardiff to beat Reading at home but not sure they’ll win one of the away games.

Could do the business against a hull side who shipped 5 goals today...

38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Interesting that Paterson not even getting a game recently. His versatility could be the thing that holds him back - will he ever hold down one position? I’m not sure he’s a good enough footballer to play regularly at centre midfield. He’s chipping in with goals when he does play but when I’ve seen him his involvement in games has been minimal other than winning headers.

It was said on commentary tonight that they're making a point of trying to give him a bit of a rest after playing so much football straight after such a major injury. Got the last five or so minutes tonight and I think he'll probably start against Derby on Tuesday. 

12 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sunderland already relegated will probably take something off Fulham.

Bit of a grudge match for Cardiff.

This game originally got postponed  for snow but Derby suspected of not trying with injury crisis 

On 4/21/2018 at 22:39, Fozzyonthefence said:

he is starting tonight

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he is starting tonight

It’s the only reason I watch them. They play eye bleeding football just like us!

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Another big night for CP and another big night for Robbo.  Wish them both well.

Big night for CP, yes, but not really for Robbo - ICT have next to no chance of making the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Big night for CP, yes, but not really for Robbo - ICT have next to no chance of making the playoffs.

Still a big night though.  A win gives them the glimmer of hope that Dumbarton will play with gay abandon at the weekend and beat Dunfy.

Good to see Callum starting

Fact that our form dropped when Patterson got injured. 2nd in the league too.... blame Cathro / blame levein but Patterson was and is a class act 

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Unreal finish.

Its good, i wouldnt say unreal.

Keeps increasing a sell on value though.