• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1971fozzy
On 29/04/2018 at 00:03, newbie said:

I appreciate my opinion is going to be in the minority on this but I'm not the least bit surprised by your stats. Cardiff games seem to be live on TV virtually every week just now and Patterson runs around like a headless chicken in most of the games I've watched. I know he's scored a few goals in the Championship but that league is his absolute maximum level. He simply doesn't have the quality to play in the Premier League if Cardiff get there. That's not a criticism - neither do I have the quality - but it is a reality.

Headless chicken ? Maximum level ? Bet your a blast on a night out. 

F5AB3913-A1F3-4133-A705-20A3E6119E7D.gif

The Championship games kick off 15 minutes after ours on Sunday. I'm sure half the stadium will have one eye on Cardiff's score on Sunday. It would be great to see one of our own promoted to the English Premier League.

Lepidoptera.

I really hope Cardiff go up. Paterson was a great servant for us and deserves to be rubbing shoulders up there with the best.

Big Slim Stylee
28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Headless chicken ? Maximum level ? Bet your a blast on a night out. 

F5AB3913-A1F3-4133-A705-20A3E6119E7D.gif

What’s his possible laugh return on  a night on the lash got to do with his appraisal that like a few of us we’re not entirely convinced that Paterson is an EPL standard midfielder??

On 30/04/2018 at 02:46, The Brow said:

I watch Cardiff live a lot as I live 10 minutes from the stadium. I said this as soon as he signed, he cant be trusted with the ball at his feet. There is no way in hell he is a premier league centre midfielder. He is honking at keeping the ball but his engine and physicality make up for this. Almost all his goals are finishes where only touch is a shot. Folk keep saying 'there are far worse players plying their trade in the top flight' or words to that degree. My question is who? Show me a central midfielder in the premier league with passing stats like his, who gives the ball away as much.  

Love him as a player but he is 100% Championship quality. 

Pogba.  Stones.

Need i go on.  Although I hardly ever see them, when I do they are rubbish.

1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

What’s his possible laugh return on  a night on the lash got to do with his appraisal that like a few of us we’re not entirely convinced that Paterson is an EPL standard midfielder??

Tongue in cheek comment.  We’ll see soon enough though

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

True enough what self respecting EPL team would be interested in a player from an unfashionable team that scores goals and is a threat every time a cross goes into the box.Plus goes strongly for 90 minutes, nah no team will be giving him a second glance would they?

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

True enough what self respecting EPL team would be interested in a player from an unfashionable team that scores goals and is a threat every time a cross goes into the box.Plus goes strongly for 90 minutes, nah no team will be giving him a second glance would they?

Couldn’t agree more. Glad we’re on the same page here.

sairyinthat
5 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Couldn’t agree more. Glad we’re on the same page here.

Oh yeah I would hate to be different

Cardiff raging hot favourites to beat Reading at the weekend.  Win = automatic promotion.

Brilliant for Callum if it happens.

WageThief
On 5/2/2018 at 20:13, Big Slim Stylee said:

....like a few of us we’re not entirely convinced that Paterson is an EPL standard midfielder??

He's obviously not going to be playing for Man City or Liverpool unless he dramatically improves certain aspects of his game.  There are levels in the EPL though and below the top 6 most teams have similar players to Paterson.  Man City's goalie probably has a higher passing accuracy than other current EPL midfielders, and is better with his feet.

Most of the teams in the EPL are miles apart from Man City.  The lesser teams make up for it by having the most hardworking players and by having 'well drilled' teams.  Hence people like Cowie or McCarthur play(ed) down south.

Even Mourinho still plays Fellaini from time to time just because he is good in the air.  Sean Dyche is probably soaking just thinking about having Paterson in his team. 

The Treasurer
On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:01, Statto said:

The Championship games kick off 15 minutes after ours on Sunday. I'm sure half the stadium will have one eye on Cardiff's score on Sunday. It would be great to see one of our own promoted to the English Premier League.

That's a real pain.

I always enjoy the last day drama, it's one of the few things Sky actually do well.

Yet another master stroke by those running things to schedule our meaningless match (for TV neutrals) at the same time as the "drama" is taking place on other channels

John Findlay
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

That's a real pain.

I always enjoy the last day drama, it's one of the few things Sky actually do well.

Yet another master stroke by those running things to schedule our meaningless match (for TV neutrals) at the same time as the "drama" is taking place on other channels

Ours is on BT Sport ,  not Sky.

On 02/05/2018 at 19:35, Kiwidoug said:

Pogba.  Stones.

Need i go on.  Although I hardly ever see them, when I do they are rubbish.

Im fairly sure you're always pished when you're on here. 

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Ours is on BT Sport ,  not Sky.

And also in a different country.

2 hours ago, The Brow said:

Im fairly sure you're always pished when you're on here. 

Are you? How interesting.  Appreciate you caring.  Sorry I can't reciprocate.

While it's none of your business, I haven't touched a drop of alcohol for 20 days  (70 to go for a self imposed break) which my doctor said was good for people of my age.

Perhaps my comment wasn't definitive enough for you causing your doubts about my sobriety.  Based on what I've seen,  Pogba and Stones are complete rubbish.

Should be a very interesting final round of matches tomorrow. 

Cardiff get automatic promotion if they beat Reading, who themselves will be treating this as a cup final, as a win would save them from relegation.

Fulham could grab automatic promotion if they beat Birmingham and Cardiff fail to win. Birmingham will also be looking for the win to make sure of their own survival.

Two do-or-die games on at the same time, with all 4 clubs desperate for the win for very different reasons. 

I love days like this when the crowd hear about something happening at the other game and boo/cheer and confuse everybody on the pitch as to what's going on!

Expect to see pitch invasions.

*also in the relegation battle: 
Burton are looking for a win against Preston, who are also looking for a win in their attempt of overtaking Derby for the final play-off spot.

Barnsley are looking for a win over Derby, who are also looking for the win to secure the last play-off spot (a point would do as long as Preston didn't win 9-0)

Bolton are looking for a win against Notts Forest, who have nothing to play for.

popcorn_jon_stewart.gif.2d2459a5a428aeacb45cac1edb41452c.gif

**I hope I have all my maths right on this!

Mikey1874

The combination of results that would send Reading down is unlikely at worst. 

They are virtually safe. 

upgotheheads
On 5/4/2018 at 08:21, The Treasurer said:

That's a real pain.

Loads of drama in Scotland today, all reported on BBC Scotland minute by minute.

C'mon Callum.  Get the job done.  Bang in another couple.

Premier league next season. 50k a week contract.  Interest from PSG.

Significant increase to your FoH sub.

Do us and particularly yourself and your club proud.

Section Q
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

C'mon Callum.  Get the job done.  Bang in another couple.

Premier league next season. 50k a week contract.  Interest from PSG.

Significant increase to your FoH sub.

Do us and particularly yourself and your club proud.

This......!!

Wouldn't bet against Callum getting the winning goal that sends them up.....!

It should have been ten
On 02/05/2018 at 12:20, Juanjo15 said:

I still think he will make it to the very top.  

Same here 

50 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Same here 

How top are you going here? 

Everton? Man Utd? Real Madrid? 

It should have been ten
Just now, The Brow said:

How top are you going here? 

Everton? Man Utd? Real Madrid? 

Have said this before and have no idea why but for some odd reason I can see him at Liverpool in the future. Hope not, can’t stand the team lol.

10 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Have said this before and have no idea why but for some odd reason I can see him at Liverpool in the future. Hope not, can’t stand the team lol.

That is an odd one indeed. 

Not entirely sure who he would replace there, they seem to love a technical speed merchant, which isnt really his game and they already have a very good right back. Folk give Henderson stick but he's better than Paterson, they have Lallana coming back although Can will be away at the end of the season. 

Stranger things have happened I suppose. 

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, The Brow said:

That is an odd one indeed. 

Not entirely sure who he would replace there, they seem to love a technical speed merchant, which isnt really his game and they already have a very good right back. Folk give Henderson stick but he's better than Paterson, they have Lallana coming back although Can will be away at the end of the season. 

Stranger things have happened I suppose. 

Good points you’ve made and exactly why I’ve no idea why I can see him there at some point in his career. Just a strange thought I had when he left us. Will always wish him the very best wherever he goes, he was a good servant for us and a big miss.

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Good points you’ve made and exactly why I’ve no idea why I can see him there at some point in his career. Just a strange thought I had when he left us. Will always wish him the very best wherever he goes, he was a good servant for us and a big miss.

Massive miss. 

We've been shite this year, as has The Terrace, as every second thread is Levein/Cathro snoozefests. 

Cannot wait for midday tomorrow and Cardiff to hopefully smash Reading for a change.  

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, The Brow said:

Massive miss. 

We've been shite this year, as has The Terrace, as every second thread is Levein/Cathro snoozefests. 

Cannot wait for midday tomorrow and Cardiff to hopefully smash Reading for a change.  

Totally agree with all you’ve said. The Terrace is dire these days. Fingers crossed for a result for us and Cardiff ??

29 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Totally agree with all you’ve said. The Terrace is dire these days. Fingers crossed for a result for us and Cardiff ??

Dead right.  That would make a fantastic double even although it's a bit meaningless for us but two wins in a season against them is long overdue

It should have been ten
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Dead right.  That would make a fantastic double even although it's a bit meaningless for us but two wins in a season against them is long overdue

Absolutely mate, it's well overdue 

Edited by It should have been ten

Reading fans cheering Barnsley and Burton both losing.

Cardiff fans cheering Fulham being beaten.

Cardiff/Reading remains 0-0 but both sets of fans over the moon.

:yas: 

FT
Cardiff 0-0 Reading

Birmingham 3-1 Fulham.

Bolton 3-2 Notts Forest (Bolton scored twice in the final 3 minutes)

Derby 4-1 Barnsley

Preston 2-1 Burton

Cardiff automatically promoted.

Derby got the last play-off spot.

Barnsley and Burton both go down.

Birmingham, Reading and Bolton stay up.

And Sunderland beat Wolves 3-0. :gok: 

Edited by Cade

norrie1952

Congratulations Callum .Bad injury,recovered and now playing premier league.Well done and good luck lad.

queensferryjambo

Well done Callum Paterson enjoy the top flight with the big boys...............

You have earned it.