Paterson at Cardiff ( merged )

kila

12 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Anyone who watched CP up here and knew anything about fitba, could have written that

article a long time ago. Yet, a few people (inc me) were ridiculed on here for not knowing

anything about fitba for suggesting that he would never be an EPL player!

That wasn't the only reason you get ridiculed for not knowing anything about fitba on here.

It's because you spraff shite on a regular basis.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

For all the talk of stats, Arter, Ralls & Reid, arent exactly catapulting Cardiff into the top 8, at the minute. 

He was a standout last season, but he's naturally going to suffer, if his team can't score, can't defend, & will be almost relegated by Christmas. 

Paterson will end up doing just fine in his career, & will still generate transfer-fee's & sell-on fee's for us. Look at Steven Fletcher, Barry Bannon & Ross McCormack, as 3 examples of mediocrity that've went for daft money down there. Doesn't make you an oracle, Bob.

Interesting that you choose 3 players who are all very good technically, please tell me that you are not suggesting that CP

is as good technically as Fletcher, Bannan or McCormack? 

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

That wasn't the only reason you get ridiculed for not knowing anything about fitba on here.

It's because you spraff shite on a regular basis.

Yet another intelligent contribution to the debate.

Edited by bobskeldon

The Internet

Paterson will be fine. Cardiff as a team are struggling to find their feet in the epl, it's not down to him. He got them there in the first place. 

f53b03daecaaef4e897f1915462a7fbe.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Paterson will be fine. Cardiff as a team are struggling to find their feet in the epl, it's not down to him. He got them there in the first place. 

f53b03daecaaef4e897f1915462a7fbe.jpg

Ask yourself if Cardiff are relegated, will CP on the basis of his appearances this season and stats like this, be a target for an EPL club?

I think you know the answer.

Edited by bobskeldon

The Internet
4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Ask yourself if Cardiff are relegated, will CP on the basis of his appearances this season and stats like this, be a target for an EPL club?

I think you know the answer.

I'd be willing to bet that by the end of the season he will have improved those stats in the article (which tbh are shan since he's played less minutes than those other guys) and yeah I think he'll stay in the epl one way or another. 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I'd be willing to bet that by the end of the season he will have improved those stats in the article (which tbh are shan since he's played less minutes than those other guys) and yeah I think he'll stay in the epl one way or another. 

You do realise that these stats are percentages? Therefore, they are relative to minutes played!

Player A plays every game, makes 100 passes in total and completes 100% of them

Player B only plays every third game, makes 33 passes but only completes 50% of them

Player A completes twice as many passes as Player B regardless of how often they have played and how many passes the make!

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

If he's having problems adjusting there that suggest a failure of coaching because he has all the attributes.

Wow!

23 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Interesting that you choose 3 players who are all very good technically, please tell me that you are not suggesting that CP

Paterson has a better goal scoring record than the technically gifted striker, Steven Fletcher, since going south. 

The Internet
46 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

You do realise that these stats are percentages? Therefore, they are relative to minutes played!

Player A plays every game, makes 100 passes in total and completes 100% of them

Player B only plays every third game, makes 33 passes but only completes 50% of them

Player A completes twice as many passes as Player B regardless of how often they have played and how many passes the make!

Do you think it's easier or harder to build up these impressive and vital stats when playing less? If he played every minute of every game the percentages would be higher, he's largely been coming off the bench in the first 7 games of his first season in the most physically demanding league in the world playing a position he'd never played until about 9 months ago and folk are giving him shit over his pass completion :lol:

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Do you think it's easier or harder to build up these impressive and vital stats when playing less? If he played every minute of every game the percentages would be higher, he's largely been coming off the bench in the first 7 games of his first season in the most physically demanding league in the world playing a position he'd never played until about 9 months ago and folk are giving him shit over his pass completion :lol:

Conjecture! Neither you nor I can say whether the percentages would be higher due to more game time OR for that matter lower!  Let's just deal with the facts, compared to all of his team mates playing in similar roles, his stats are very poor! 

Edited by bobskeldon

Watt-Zeefuik

Most wins of aerial duals in any EPL game in 14 years:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/ex-hearts-star-callum-paterson-posts-incredible-stat-in-epl-match-1-4807792

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Also: Paterson has a better assist ratio in terms of games (4) compared to Bannan (22). 22 assists & 10 goals in over 7 years. For this attacking technically gifted player, called Barry Bannan. 

But...he's got an 80%+ pass rate. So that's him over Paterson any day. :lol:

Funny how stats are selective for the angle a person wishes to attack from.

is that Barry Bannan's assist/goals stat for 7 years?? :lol: What an absolute Championship level diddy.

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Anyone who watched CP up here and knew anything about fitba, could have written that

article a long time ago. Yet, a few people (inc me) were ridiculed on here for not knowing

And yet, there he is playing in the EPL. 

Shows you do indeed know ****-all. 

Edited by SUTOL

23 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

:D

Thought Paterson played well and Cardiff played well. They got sucker punched twice and lost.

If I was the manager and my team put as much effort in and lost it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

PASS STATISTICS.

That's what justifies critique. Not that nonsense, mate.

Sorry mate..............didn't mean to upset you....? ............!!

4 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Pretty scathing article.

I get the feeling it was written from researching OPTA rather than actually having seen him play...

Dallas Green
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I get the feeling it was written from researching OPTA rather than actually having seen him play...

:spoton:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I would have to side more with Bob here I'm afraid. Calum can come up with moments of class, but even with ourselves, nobody really knew his best position.

The stats here don't lie, he is a player who will struggle in a very technical league. If ever there was a game to fit his profile it was most likely yesterday. He will be back in the Championship where he can thrive. His strength is his enthusiasm and energy to find the ball, but the physical side of it, he is just an ordinary specimen in the EPL. If the boy McKenna goes down there similarly he will be found out, but for his awareness. Curtis Main ran rings round him, some of those guys, he wont see which way they went.

Watch motd highlights and the commentator was impressed enough about CP's aerial ability that he kept mentioning it. Mentioning it in an asounded and totally impressed manner 

This doesnt make a great player, but he certainly getting noticed.

Statistically 100% of the time, statistics can be made to say whatever you want!

Pass completion is great but is it split down to which third of the pitch? Is a defensive midfielder with 90% pass completion where they are all 5 yard sideways passes (al la Barry ferguson) as effective as someone with 50% pass completion where each successful pass moved the ball 20-30 yards into the attacking third?

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Statistically 100% of the time, statistics can be made to say whatever you want!

Pass completion is great but is it split down to which third of the pitch? Is a defensive midfielder with 90% pass completion where they are all 5 yard sideways passes (al la Barry ferguson) as effective as someone with 50% pass completion where each successful pass moved the ball 20-30 yards into the attacking third?

Statistics are like mini-skirts .. they give you good ideas but hide the most important parts.

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Statistics are like mini-skirts .. they give you good ideas but hide the most important parts.

Thank you Ebbe Skovdahl (sp)

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

That right there is the most important post on the entire thread. Spot on, Sir. 

5 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

He is an EPL player.

6 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Alan Hutton £9m 

Watt-Zeefuik

Not saying this analysis amounts to much but it will be quite something if eventually Paterson gets moved to target man and it turns out that Gary Locke had it right all along. :lol:

Bazzas right boot

Any prem player with a good championship record will start at around £7-10m.

£10m is like a free transfer or nominal fee up here. Bog standard.

shite players regularly move between clubs for upwards of this, guys that have very little top team experience or guys that have done well for a season, if that go for daft money.

However, the situation I dreaded most in regards to him is happening, he'd be better at a top/ mid level championship team playing well as opposed to a  team that is going to be defending most of the time and taking more of a doing than Katie Price.

4 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Attack dogs out in force here I see 

That's twice you come out with this shite today that I can see.

If someone posts an opinion and several people reply with a different viewpoint it is not necessarily a pack mentality or ganging up.

Are we not allowed to comment if someone else has already done so?

Cardiff are going to be in a relegation scrap this season so CP seems like a good asset to have on your side in that situation if used properly - totally committed, great in the air, has a goal threat. I still think he's best as a RWB and can play at RB with good defenders next to him. He's played against good players in Scotland in that position. He did it in the Championship in midfield, but playing him there in the EPL is hanging him out to dry. It's like Demi with us, he'd never be played as a winger in the EPL but against SPFL defenders he can do it.

Edited by Guest

EastSideJambo
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's twice you come out with this shite today that I can see.

If someone posts an opinion and several people reply with a different viewpoint it is not necessarily a pack mentality or ganging up.

Are we not allowed to comment if someone else has already done so?

Opposing views will always exist and understandably so. That's life isn't it 

At times it appears as though it goes further than that on here 

8 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Opposing views will always exist and understandably so. That's life isn't it 

At times it appears as though it goes further than that on here 

That's the nature of a fans forum, when your viewpoint goes against what the majority think then it will probably feel like you are being rounded on but that's not to say that it is orchestrated. If it was, then we would have a problem.

5 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Attack dogs out in force here I see 

Thats a very interesting way to word that iv seen that on here before somewhere. Thinking around the time Djoum got injured....

EastSideJambo
46 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a very interesting way to word that iv seen that on here before somewhere. Thinking around the time Djoum got injured....

Sorry I've no idea 

58 minutes ago, sadj said:

:levein_interesting: