• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Kiwidoug

• kila

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On as sub last 10/12 minutes of this evening's televised game.

Made 2 clearing headers, 2 blocks and 2 clearances. One of the blocks he just avoided handling ball in box. Normal Championship game! Most of the time he was on Cardiff were attacking as well. 

Another win for Cardif 1-0

Diadora Van Basten

He’s strong scores goals wins headers and takes a long throw but his touch is poor and passing is so so.

i would much rather have a Jackie Macnamara type right back than a Calum Paterson.

• 2 weeks later...

Consolation goal but still a goal. Hopefully he will start in the next game.  Cardiff ate starting to slip badly.

Goal for Danny Grainger too.

48 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Updates via Sky Sports channel 409 mate. 4-2 now Fulham though.

Cheers. Is that football League Show still a thing?

Guest Paul Allen
20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Cheers. Is that football League Show still a thing?

Yes it’s on tonight mate, Channel 5 at the back of twelve IIRC.

4 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

12/1 on ladbrokes 

That’s why I use Betfair.

Stuck a cheeky £2 on him getting a double as well at 94/1.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Paul Allen said:

Poor advert for the English Champtionship that first half.

Surprised Cardiff have so many points. There's better teams. 2nd game many teams might rumble them

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surprised Cardiff have so many points. There's better teams. 2nd game many teams might rumble them

By his own admission Warnock is a good manager at that level.

1 hour ago, BigC said:

That’s why I use Betfair.

Stuck a cheeky £2 on him getting a double as well at 94/1.

Betfair is certainly one of the better ones for single bets

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

By his own admission Warnock is a good manager at that level.

:)

He knows the league and has a formula. Nothing complicated. I totally get why he identified Callum.

See before we start criticising the SPL, we should watch more English Championship football. 

This game is laughably bad. 

And did did they say Preston wanted £8m for that Hugill? 

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

See before we start criticising the SPL, we should watch more English Championship football. 

English football is ridiculously overhyped.

Technically the Championship is no better than our Premiership - maybe even worse bar the odd team or player.

The main difference is they are big powerful athletes (in general) down there.

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Technically the Championship is no better than our Premiership - maybe even worse bar the odd team or player.

If this game is indicative of the quality then we could challenge at the top. 

Sol Bamba :laugh:

They have some big lads. Speaking of which, does CP not look a bit too bulky?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I would agree and disagree. Some games are awful. 

People talk about physicality. You need to be strong.  Some really good players at Wolves Leeds Derby Villa to mention a few. Teams in the bottom half are fairly ordinary yet you get a Fulham floating around who play great football 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I would agree and disagree. Some games are awful. 

People talk about physicality. You need to be strong.  Some really good players at Wolves Leeds Derby Villa to mention a few. Teams in the bottom half are fairly ordinary yet you get a Fulham floating around who play great football 

Wolves are a class apart this year. 

Some teams have the odd odd player of real quality but the value for money for what these players cost and earn is abysmal 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

If this game is indicative of the quality then we could challenge at the top. 

Sol Bamba :laugh:

They have some big lads. Speaking of which, does CP not look a bit too bulky?

I was thinking the same. CP was always a big guy but it looks like he spent a lot of time on the weights bench during his injury.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Wolves are a class apart this year. 

Some teams have the odd odd player of real quality but the value for money for what these players cost and earn is abysmal 

Over inflated for sure. Bristol City just beat Manchester United though. Not sure we would get close. 

Hard league to evaluate. But you are bang on players are over priced. I watch a bit of it more than the Premier and rarely ever 2 games alike. Its unpredictable nature is a good thing. Variety too  46 games makes it an endurance test and will dilute the quality.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Over inflated for sure. Bristol City just beat Manchester United though. Not sure we would get close. 

Hard league to evaluate. But you are bang on players are over priced. I watch a bit of it more than the Premier and rarely ever 2 games alike. Its unpredictable nature is a good thing. Variety too  46 games makes it an endurance test and will dilute the quality.

I think tonight is not a good advert tbh, and I don’t see enough full games to know if this is typical. 

But I also see guys like Garner and Waghorn doing very well in that league and they were bang average up here. 

19 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It is. The Championship is hyped up simply because of the massive pot of gold waiting for the winner. The actual quality in terms of players and games is Scottish Premiership standard. That's why folk saying Walker couldn't cut it in the Championship or Neilson couldn't manage in the Championship are having a laugh. There are managers and players in that league with much worse pedigrees than the likes of them.

That said I often prefer watching a Championship match to an EPL one in the same way as I'd rather watch Dundee Utd or Ross County vs Aberdeen than West Brom vs Huddersfield. The top teams in the EPL are great to watch. The rest not so much.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think tonight is not a good advert tbh, and I don’t see enough full games to know if this is typical. 

But I also see guys like Garner and Waghorn doing very well in that league and they were bang average up here. 

Aye  it's very strange. Hull Sheffield Wednesday Middlesbrough and Fulham not doing well. Some of the ordinary teams are.

The 530 game tomorrow should be a better advert. Lee Johnson v Cathro mentor to give it a Hearts angle :)

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

It is. The Championship is hyped up simply because of the massive pot of gold waiting for the winner. The actual quality in terms of players and games is Scottish Premiership standard. That's why folk saying Walker couldn't cut it in the Championship or Neilson couldn't manage in the Championship are having a laugh. There are managers and players in that league with much worse pedigrees than the likes of them.

That said I often prefer watching a Championship match to an EPL one in the same way as I'd rather watch Dundee Utd or Ross County vs Aberdeen than West Brom vs Huddersfield. The top teams in the EPL are great to watch. The rest not so much.

Sometimes it’s better watching games where mistakes are made as it leads to things happening. 

EPL games can be quite technical and sterile, but you don’t get comedy stuff like players falling over advertising hoardings :laugh:

That game was no better than SPFL standard.

Don't think there is a huge difference in quality between that league and ours, except, wages and money. 

33 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Did Warnock not say Van Dijk was overrated because he came from Scottish Football? :lol:

LarrysRightFoot
7 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Walker is a naturally gifted footballer but IMO he lacks the athleticism and attitude to make it down south. 

Would love him to prove me wrong because he has the ability.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Did Warnock not say Van Dijk was overrated because he came from Scottish Football? :lol:

No somebody who scouted him said that.

Warnock is often complimentary about Scottish football. Even done some co-presenting for it when BT launched didn’t he?

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

No somebody who scouted him said that.

Warnock is often complimentary about Scottish football. Even done some co-presenting for it when BT launched didn’t he?

Odd thing for him to repeat then if he feels differently. 

Edited by Ryder

7 minutes ago, Ryder said:

was going to buy him for £6m at Crystal Palace. gave it to his DOF who said he was too slow and that was that !!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, maroonsgotop said:

was going to buy him for £6m at Crystal Palace. gave it to his DOF who said he was too slow and that was that !!!!!!!!!!!

The reputation of Scottish Football does us no favours at all. It’s about time it was promoted better.

Edited by Ryder

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

The reputation of Scottish Football does us no favours at all. It’s about time it was promoted better.

think Barry Hearn said something similar. we could do with someone like him leading the way instead of those fools at the SFA who'll never move it on  

15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Walker is a naturally gifted footballer but IMO he lacks the athleticism and attitude to make it down south. 

Would love him to prove me wrong because he has the ability.

Alternatively it could push him to get better, as happened with Berra.

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, socrates82 said:

Alternatively it could push him to get better, as happened with Berra.

Berra has the physique and attitude.

But yes I would hope it would.

20 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sometimes it’s better watching games where mistakes are made as it leads to things happening. 

EPL games can be quite technical and sterile, but you don’t get comedy stuff like players falling over advertising hoardings :laugh:

Sterile's the word. It's a bit like when Italian football started on C4 years ago. You felt like you should enjoy it because of the great players but the games were so boring. You can't beat a good old stramash. I always think our game (especially Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs games and the Edinburgh, Inverness, Dundee and other derbies that usually have decent crowds so you don't hear individual punters shouting stuff like at other Scottish games) should be sold to TV companies as the antidote to the EPL. Old fashioned football matches for folk who miss that down south especially. The old English First Division used to be very similar to what Scottish football is now, just with more better players. A lot of the games were mud baths with giant defenders kicking lumps out of the strikers and big No. 9s mixing it up up front. Those were the days.