The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Top goalscorer last season, POTY and also our best attacking threat last week at Motherwell. All this with a distinct lack of effort.

This, needlessly and very sadly, has grown arms and legs with some ridiculous comments made.

I hope Jamie remains a Hearts player and is POTY once again.

Best attacking threat against Motherwell? He had one decent shot which admittedly drew a good save.

I share your hope, but I just cannot see it happening. Can you?

Why in particular Levein Graygo? 

FFS, you're not going to let this go so I'll try to explain why.

This forum is chock full of arseholes, arseholes with an agenda against Craig Levein and will use whatever they can to have a go at him. (all in my opinion of course)

our best attacking threat last week at Motherwell.

Other than Lafferty who scored?

You watched a different game to me then, clearly. His conscience was pricked after the second goal, until then he did **** all and even after that, little more.

I hope he goes, I don't want to see him in a Hearts jersey again, however he must leave on our terms, not his and certainly not theirs.

Has he signed for them yet?

Not going to happen. Now for CL to decide whether to outcast him, here's hoping he does.

If he goes now we won't get a chance to use the money to strengthen the squad while at the same time strengthening a rival.

I'm not even going to pretend that I know the answer to that, or indeed what the question means.   :confused:

Well its a simple reversal of your outlandish point?

August Landmesser

If he signs for them tonight the seethe on here at the club and Levein in particular will be off the scale

Meh, if he signs for them tonight it will mean that we got the deal we wanted.

Hearts are in charge of this deal. It won't happen unless we want it to.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

This forum is chock full of arseholes, arseholes with an agenda against Craig Levein and will use whatever they can to have a go at him. (all in my opinion of course)

No need for that mate. I'm afraid I'll have to report the post, unless you apologise that is!

I'm not even going to pretend that I know the answer to that, or indeed what the question means.   :confused:

Seems a fairly simple question to me.

Alwayssunnyingorgie

Not going to happen. Now for CL to decide whether to outcast him, here's hoping he does.

Why not?

He's not going to bother his arse and sign a pre contract in January.

All good :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kind of wish they would stump up.

Stuck with petulance and a nailed on 1st January pre contract. Disappointed he hasn't ****ed off

Whilst not sticking up for JW in anyway....

I think it's pretty clear he's looking to maximise his earning potential whilst not wanting to uproot his young family to England or abroad.

Some may see it as lack of ambition but I see it as the guy doesn't want to leave his home.

I'm not impressed by the way he's engineered this but I can sympathise with his reasoning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a professional footballer. Moving around and uprooting his family is part of the sacrifice that these guys have to make to earn the huge salaries they demand.

It's a short career he will have the rest of his life to enjoy home comforts.

The old saying about wanting your cake and eating it comes to mind here.

If he goes now we won't get a chance to use the money to strengthen the squad while at the same time strengthening a rival.

Yep, although Levein has a track record of picking up free agents after the window closes so if we did get money it could be used on wages. 

Yep, although Levein has a track record of picking up free agents after the window closes so if we did get money it could be used on wages.

True. But the dream of signing a proven player such as Cadden or Moult will be over. Unrealistic perhaps, but badly needed.

Meh, if he signs for them tonight it will mean that we got the deal we wanted.

Hearts are in charge of this deal. It won't happen unless we want it to.

Like it or not we will not get the deal we wanted.....Rangers will not get the deal they wanted either but please don't delude yourself by thinking we will somehow be ahead on any deal agreed.

It's too late to do any real business so what comes in may not be able to be spent unless there is someone waiting for a call from us to do an even later deal.

There is not going to be any real winner in a deal that is agreed this late but the problem is both sides are becoming so entrenched that  the clubs are feeling under pressure to show they are the winner in any deal instead of just getting a deal done.

Fan power at it's worst

No need for that mate. I'm afraid I'll have to report the post, unless you apologise that is!

Not like you to get upset on someone else's behalf chief.

Why not?

Like I said, it'll only happen on our terms which is unlikely. So he'll stay but then CL has a decision to make.

Son Of Anarchy

Why not?

Are sevco or anyone else gonna want a player that's not kicked a ball for 12 months?

lost in space

We should have said to Sevco - pay up by 1200 lunch time or no bid accepted.  Hope we can sign the French winger (from Italian league) but even if we dont - time to drop Jamie from squad.  I supported him at Motherwell - but I am finished with him now.  

Are sevco or anyone else gonna want a player that's not kicked a ball for 12 months?

It's been 8 months already. Might be next July before anyone gets him.....that's 19 months!!

August Landmesser

Like it or not we will not get the deal we wanted.....Rangers will not get the deal they wanted either but please don't delude yourself by thinking we will somehow be ahead on any deal agreed.

It's too late to do any real business so what comes in may not be able to be spent unless there is someone waiting for a call from us to do an even later deal.

There is not going to be any real winner in a deal that is agreed this late but the problem is both sides are becoming so entrenched that the clubs are feeling under pressure to show they are the winner in any deal instead of just getting a deal done.

Fan power at it's worst

If we soften, and get 800k (for instance, I'm not suggesting that this will happen), then we have 800k. Even if the window SLAMS SHUT before we can spend it, we can replace walker with a free agent anytime.

Let's face it, he's barely played this season anyway, despite being on the pitch.

pattythejambo

Very few are questioning his ambition or his reasons. It's the way he's gone about it and the effort he's made in games that's hacking folk off.

Absolutely we've looked after him so the least he can do ensure we get decent money for him , not knowing him he sounds like a spoilt brat

Seymour M Hersh

Every time I come on this thread I get a good laugh at this notion that Celtic are going to want to sign any players from Hearts in the foreseeable future.

Did they not try and poach Marc Leonard?

Hagar the Horrible

The Barry the crab said on the radio, that personal terms would have already been agreed, Is that not tapping up?  even if it was done by an agent????

Son Of Anarchy

I won't sleep after reading your foul mouthed tirade. I'm disgusted and dissapointed tbh.......but totally agree with you :lol: Leveins a hard cookie. Won't bow down to the press or a tribute acts derogatory offers.

Enough. We are in danger of becoming fixated on this at the expense of the bigger picture. The best thing we can do is let it play out in the background and get behind matters which are relevant going forward which Walker no matter the outcome is certainly not.

True. But the dream of signing a proven player such as Cadden or Moult will be over. Unrealistic perhaps, but badly needed.

I don't think we're realistically going to be paying half a million or more, which is what Well are holding out for, for any player anytime soon even if we got money for Walker.

...a bit disco

This ***** shoulders a hell of a lot of the responsibility too though.

pc7SZZr2.jpeg

I'm just shocked with your language tonight mate. You're normally a calm guy!

There is not going to be any real winner in a deal that is agreed this late but the problem is both sides are becoming so entrenched that  the clubs are feeling under pressure to show they are the winner in any deal instead of just getting a deal done.

Fan power at it's worst

If we get Walker for another season and Rangers don't, that's a fine deal for us, with the added bonus that we're sending out a message that our players are not available for free no matter how much tapping up and media chicanery Rangers get up to to unsettle our players.

Their new sporting director not covering himself in glory over this.

Also, it would be an extremely risky move from Walker to assume that Rangers will be in for him later. I don't think their manager will be there long for a start.

We should have said to Sevco - pay up by 1200 lunch time or no bid accepted.  Hope we can sign the French winger (from Italian league) but even if we dont - time to drop Jamie from squad.  I supported him at Motherwell - but I am finished with him now.  

Signed :thumbsup:

lost in space

Fan power at it's worst

Partly agree - no winner.  But you cant blame "fan power".  Jamie was worth ?1 M but no longer.  Hearts had to hold out for a decent deal.. Jamie - probably thick enough to still believe it will end well for him.

Sevco - they would have like Jamie but don't have the cash - they will hope to get him next summer but will more likely dump Jamie for another target.

The real loser?  - likely to be Jamie Walker. 

His erchie is oot the windae anyway. Weve signed the serb/french winger so JW just just sook it.

His agent?

Sevco & their paltry bids?

Deadwood?

His attitude in training & on the pitch?

Went from fans favourite to persona non grata.

FFS. What an episode & waste of time/talent.

If he doesn't sign for them tonight he should be treated like every other first team player......

Pick the best. Performing 11 players. No sending players to train with U20's.

Seymour M Hersh

This ***** shoulders a hell of a lot of the responsibility too though.

pc7SZZr2.jpeg

Aye Houldsworth (sic) has been the root cause of all of this. Rangers supporter I'm led to believe. Thing is if he was even close to being a half decent agent he'd have been looking for other options for his client but it seems he only wants Walker to go to SevCo.  The slightly worrying thing is he is also agent to some other players but I don't know how many or who they are. 

If he doesn't sign for them tonight he should be treated like every other first team player......

Pick the best. Performing 11 players. No sending players to train with U20's.

Agreed. The idea that Walker can get away with deliberately underperforming with people like Lafferty and Berra around the place, plus Levein himself, seems absurd. Walker should look on this as a chance to impress better clubs than Rangers who clearly didn't value him as much as he thought.

...a bit disco

Aye Houldsworth (sic) has been the root cause of all of this. Rangers supporter I'm led to believe. Thing is if he was even close to being a half decent agent he'd have been looking for other options for his client but it seems he only wants Walker to go to SevCo.  The slightly worrying thing is he is also agent to some other players but I don't know how many or who they are. 

Can picture Levein telling him not to bother setting foot in Tynie again. Or else!

Jamie was a decent guy who has had his head turned by an agent filling his head full of nonsense, probably spouting salary figures and telling him no worries, Hearts will cave in. Not really turned out like that though, and good for the club for standing up. He may still go but more on our terms. If not the only real loser is JW,he has burned his bridges here,and who knows where Sevco will be financially in a years time or if they will still be looking at him. JW needs to take a long hard look at his advisers.

Sounds like he's away to Rangers then. 

Let's see if it's just cash or if we're getting some Ranger's reject sack of meat to make the balance.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived