Season ticket renewal thread ( merged )

bauld willie

Whilst I hope that you're right, when I look at that graphic, all I see is 'full Roseburn for Rangers and Celtic'.

I did a little more detail on this a page or two back, but if we sell no more season tickets there would be around 2,400 seats available across the four stands for walk ups. I'm pretty sure the club would be confident of selling them for matches against Hibs, Rangers and Celtic based on the walk up tickets we sold last season (until there were none left) and the lapsed season tickets (around 1,500 of sales stopped now) who may "pick and choose" their matches next season.

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist but I don't see us being far from keeping the away allocation as it is.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone sit in the lower rows and think its fine? Row 5 or 6 I am looking at.

I can't mind ever sitting so close to the park, dunno if I would like it. Spent all my years up in row 26 of the Wheatfield.

I'm in row 8 (which is actually the 7th row since row 1 got taken away, and love my view. I am in the Gorgie though so can't really comment on whether it would be as good for the Wheatfield or Main stands.

Fxxx the SPFL

i sat in row 8 of the Roseburn last year and sitting in row 8 of the Wheatfield this year and i love it, have had a ST near the back of the Wheatfield and Gorgie in the past and much prefer being nearer the front 

me and the better half are in Row 9 but we will be standing main stand section N

I can't mind ever sitting so close to the park,

dunno if I would like it. Spent all my years up in row 26 of the Wheatfield.

Sat in row 1 of the wheatfield for last 3 years. Love being close to the pitch but just remember your waterproofs.

been here before

I can't mind ever sitting so close to the park, dunno if I would like it. Spent all my years up in row 26 of the Wheatfield.

Im in Row 1. Got it to keep my son interested and closer to the play and players etc...

...really cant say I looking forward to it.

Im in Row 1. Got it to keep my son interested and closer to the play and players etc...

...really cant say I looking forward to it.

My choice is mostly down to finances and the lower rows are Silver. Will just be glad to be back at Tynie every fortnight.

When I take my daughter I usually go for the first row of the upper level (9 I think) so there is nobody in front of her.

I think hearts & the police don't want the hassle of segregation in there anymore & have just decided to give sevco, celtic & hibs the whole stand to be done with it tbh.

Shame for the fans left out of our biggest home games though.

That's not what was in the statement from Mrs Budge.

Surely if there is a demand from Hearts fans the Police will just have to handle it.

Locking Hearts fans out shouldn't be an option just because it's easier imo.

If the club take that view then they don't deserve to increase the fan base.

I think hearts & the police don't want the hassle of segregation in there anymore & have just decided to give sevco, celtic & hibs the whole stand to be done with it tbh.

Shame for the fans left out of our biggest home games though.

Where is the hassle apart from some segregation banners and a few extra stewards? The shutters in the Roseburn will go down like at present.

Less Old Firm fans and less Hibs fans = less hassle.

Prince Buaben

Its all to do with demand. 

If we start well and the games are selling out home fans will be in the Roseburn,

If not they will all get the full Roseburn. 

Bungalow Bill

I thought we were going to have a bigger capacity than the Leith vermin :(

This isn't much of an issue to me. Historically Easter Road was always bigger, it's not hemmed in to the extent we are.

jambo-in-furness

Sod the away fans, we are building a bigger better stadium for us.

What's the point of donating FOH money to allow more away fans to attend.

Prince Buaben

Sod the away fans, we are building a bigger better stadium for us.

What's the point of donating FOH money to allow more away fans to attend.

and when they dont attend? 

the club wont cut there nose off to spite there face. If the demand is there for the Roseburn then the home fans will get it.

jambo-in-furness

the club wont cut there nose off to spite there face. If the demand is there for the Roseburn then the home fans will get it.

I'd rather have the mentality of a strong Hearts than rely on away fans money, we will never get anywhere until we stop doffing our caps to the ugly sisters.

Cut the away tickets to zero if it giver our team a better chance of winning.

Anyone know how sheltered the first dozen or so rows will be in the new stand...?

Prince Buaben

I'd rather have the mentality of a strong Hearts than rely on away fans money, we will never get anywhere until we stop doffing our caps to the ugly sisters.

I dont think they are relying on away fans money but in the clubs eyes those seats are better filled. So if we start poorly and Rangers come to town and the apathy is like the end of last season they will get those tickets and get the money as the home fans are not taking the walk up.

if its the opposite and we are scrambling for tickets then we will get the half of the roseburn.. simples.

The exception to the rule is Hibs.. who will get the whole stand anyway.

I'd rather have empty seats than give the OF the whole RS, they make me sick and show no consideration when Hearts are in Glasgow why should we do when the games in Edinburgh ?

Saying that I aslo have fans with collecting buckets all over Tynie  on days when we play the OF so those with an extra few ?'s to spare  could chip in and help any loss we may/might have..just a thought

I'd rather have empty seats than give the OF the whole RS, they make me sick and show no consideration when Hearts are in Glasgow why should we do when the games in Edinburgh ?

Saying that I aslo have fans with collecting buckets all over Tynie  on days when we play the OF so those with an extra few ?'s to spare  could chip in and help any loss we may/might have..just a thought

If we deny ourselves an extra hundred thousand quid just to spite them we're nuts.

I agree with that, but hearts think otherwise by giving those 3 clubs the whole stand for games. Hearing our reasoning behind it would shed some light onto it though.

The reasoning was pretty clear in Ann's statement about this issue. It is a purely business decision to re-introduce Cat B tickets and give the Cat A opponents the whole Roseburn. A very clear alternative was given, that being, if ST uptake was high enough, Cat A away fans would be restricted to two sections.

Looking at the latest stadium seating plan...the former is going to happen.

Fxxx the SPFL

Anyone know how sheltered the first dozen or so rows will be in the new stand...?

I'm in row 9 and expect to get soaked only because rain usually blows in from the West it wasn't a problem in the old stand because the roof was so low it protected you now with the roof being twice as high i have already looked out my Poncho for next season.

If we deny ourselves an extra hundred thousand quid just to spite them we're nuts.

I think we could raise that type of cash throughout the season

Just ask the fans to chip in a few ?'s on match day if they fancy it ...over the season its possible

Call the buckets  ''Deny  OF fans a seat in Tynie '' no belong before we hit the target assuming that will be the case

Allowayjambo1874

Just ask the fans to chip in a few ?'s on match day if they fancy it ...over the season its possible

Call the buckets ''Deny OF fans a seat in Tynie '' no belong before we hit the target assuming that will be the case

I would love to restrict the away fans but it will be circa ?30-50k per match if we are 2000 short of capacity, that is an awful lot of buckets. I think as fans we are donating enough as it is to be fair.

jambo-in-furness

Perhaps a poll should be arranged by the FOH, asking donators their opinions, after all, without FOH where would we be?

I for one would rather give our fans time to grow into the new stadium, we survived, nay prospered last season with crowds below 17000, why not give it another year or two and see where we go? The urgent need is to grow as a club, not depend on away fans.

I would love to restrict the away fans but it will be circa ?30-50k per match if we are 2000 short of capacity, that is an awful lot of buckets. I think as fans we are donating enough as it is to be fair.

True ...just a flight of fancy

The thing is there is still plenty time for seats to be  bought and many get paid next week ..sure the numbers will shoot up by next weekend

Escobar PHM

Perhaps a poll should be arranged by the FOH, asking donators their opinions, after all, without FOH where would we be?

I for one would rather give our fans time to grow into the new stadium, we survived, nay prospered last season with crowds below 17000, why not give it another year or two and see where we go? The urgent need is to grow as a club, not depend on away fans.

Its quite simple really. The team are not good enough at this stage to fill the stadium with Hearts fans. We MUST maximise revenue in the next season or 2 to make that happen. So, for the short term at least, we'll probably have to give Category A away supports the whole of the Roseburn stand.

Again, the decision to give away fans the whole stand is not a rigid one....it can be reviewed and changed, depending on demand.

For the record, i'm in the camp of keeping them all to two sections but i'm not in control of the business decisions and appreciate they need to maximise income.

Bit of a kick in the stones frankly but there you have it.

Prince Buaben

We are not depending on away fans though are we? 

We are giving them an allocation similar to previous and only after Hearts fans dont want it.

Call the buckets  ''Deny  OF fans a seat in Tynie '' no belong before we hit the target assuming that will be the case

I think we give enough to the club. Our season ticket sales are still high historically and I don't think there's another club in Britain who donate like we do. I think we should pack in as many OF fans as possible, double the price of their pies and give them a hammering..!

From a money/business point of view, this is quite wrong.

The visits of the uglies usually attract fewer HOME supporters than any of our other home games. That's because of the number of kids/others who either aren't brought along, or don't want to attend.

It is quite realistic for us to get 18,000 home supporters for most category B games and 16,000 for the uglies, and for the ground to be full for all fixtures.

The derby game will be in heavy demand, of course, but as a regular visit to ER, I strongly support the allocation of a full stand to away supporters at both grounds.

Are you serious?

The demand will always be there for the Cat A games. More so than any others.

Caveat: As long as we're not languishing in the bottom half of the table.

jambo-in-furness
We are not depending on away fans though are we? 

We are giving them an allocation similar to previous and only after Hearts fans dont want it.[/quote

Then why have we re-introduced category B game season tickets for the Roseburn stand?

All roads lead to Gorgie

I'm in row 9 and expect to get soaked only because rain usually blows in from the West it wasn't a problem in the old stand because the roof was so low it protected you now with the roof being twice as high i have already looked out my Poncho for next season.

The first four rows get wet in the Wheatfield so you can probably say the first eight rows will get the rain blowing in on that side. The silver section in the Wheatfield is still the better option I would say.  :sunny:  :smugger: 

When the fixtures are announced tomorrow we should get the first home games versus Celtic and Rangers on e-tickets for sale. Start with the three stands minus the Roseburn and see what demand there is.

Not ideal of course when we are still selling STs however Ticketmaster should be able to record who has bought a seat for those games only and potentially still offer these as STs with the caveat of a seat change for a couple of games.

No doubt too much hassle but would like to see what the demand for walk ups from Hearts fans is before a decision is made on whether they get the whole Roseburn.

Looking at how many seats are left. I think we must be close to keeping half the roseburn for walk up hearts fans for cat A games. I didn't think we would do it but looking at how much is left we would be silly to not try and sell them to hearts fans for the first game. If we don't have the demand for the first game then we've learnt our lesson and give the roseburn to the next cat A team.

Jambo, Goodbye

How are season ticket sales doing now? Still busy at the office or drying up?

Allowayjambo1874

When the fixtures are announced tomorrow we should get the first home games versus Celtic and Rangers on e-tickets for sale. Start with the three stands minus the Roseburn and see what demand there is.

Not ideal of course when we are still selling STs however Ticketmaster should be able to record who has bought a seat for those games only and potentially still offer these as STs with the caveat of a seat change for a couple of games.

No doubt too much hassle but would like to see what the demand for walk ups from Hearts fans is before a decision is made on whether they get the whole Roseburn.

Given the first home league game will be in September I don't think that there will be e-tickets available until start of August by which time we will have accurate numbers on season tickets. This will allow hearts to work out if walk ups will fill the ground or whether there is too many tickets to sell and we give them the whole stand. We are months away from first OF game at Tynecastle there's no need to make a decision right now.

Thing is with walk-ups - most will want the main stand to see it for the first time.

Thing is with walk-ups - most will want the main stand to see it for the first time.

This....the joy of walkups is experiencing different views....

The demand will always be there for the Cat A games. More so than any others.

Caveat: As long as we're not languishing in the bottom half of the table.

Not true.

In recent seasons, there have been fewer home seats available for the Uglies than for other home fixtures (only two sections of the Roseburn instead of 3+). And that smaller number of tickets has sold more slowly than those for Category B games. 

Not sure what ground you've been attending, but these are the facts.

Footballfirst

Latest count.

A    191
B    78
C    44
D    7
E    38
F    110
G    185
Total   673

H    707
J    585
Total  1292

N    298
P    64
Q    0
Prem    161
R    3
S    29
T    154
Total   709

V    182
W    35
X    33
Y    70
Z    182
Total   502

Overall    3156

Estimated total sales 12,611 (excluding hospitality)

Latest count.

A 191

B 78

C 44

D 7

E 38

F 110

G 185

Total 673

H 707

J 585

Total 1292

N 298

P 64

Q 0

Prem 161

R 3

S 29

T 154

Total 709

V 182

W 35

Y 70

Z 182

Total 502

Overall 3156

Estimated total sales 12,611 (excluding hospitality)

So slowly creeping up towards 13000.

Loads of time left to shift even more.

Think that will be the next season ticket announcement by the club when we hit the 13 k mark , prob early July

fabienleclerq

It's really not something FOH should be involved in. It's a clear business decision. Let's not chuck away thousands of pounds out of spite, we still can grow our fan base for cat B games and by creating a demand for cat A we might see next season more st bought..

kingantti1874

A wee signing or 2 plus the Ed of June payday will get rushed over that mark..

Footballfirst

Think that will be the next season ticket announcement by the club when we hit the 13 k mark , prob early July

I think that figure will already have been reached when hospitality sales are included.

jambo-in-furness

It's really not something FOH should be involved in. It's a clear business decision. Let's not chuck away thousands of pounds out of spite, we still can grow our fan base for cat B games and by creating a demand for cat A we might see next season more st bought..

No, in my experience the larger the erse cheeks numbers the less Hearts fans are induced to bring their offspring to the match, and the youngsters are our future,

Edinburgh has a growing population, let's leave room for that population to increase as home support.

We were proud enough to boast that we were able to reduce the uglies numbers at Tynecastle, let's keep it this way.

Archived