General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roxy Hearts

Oh, but this is. Read your SNP election material.

Does it say that the SNP will protect you from the worst of the dirty deeds perpetrated by the Tories? It should do, that seems to be the sum and substance of their manifesto (apart from, yes you've guessed it, Indyref2).

How can they pretend do do that when they have been guilty of the same since a time before the Tories were even in power. In fact, they deliberately avoid mitigating the Tory actions just to add some fuel to the grievance fire.

Don't read SNP election material.

Roxy Hearts

Proud Scot and Proud Briton. How do you like them apples?

You're a Briton first remember and a proud Scot but....

Don't read SNP election material.

How do you make a decision on who to vote for then?

Election material I've recieved has backed my belief that the Tories and Labour are useless.

Election material I've recieved has backed my belief that the Tories and Labour are useless.

and the SNP who have sat on their hands blaming Westminster for 10 years is what ?

election material is just that, pish spouted to get your vote, its their actions you should take as your guide.

Pans Jambo

and the SNP who have sat on their hands blaming Westminster for 10 years is what ?

election material is just that, pish spouted to get your vote, its their actions you should take as your guide.

The bedroom tax, the rape clause & trident renewal are enough for me thanks.

frankblack

The SNP material will be short - one word in fact - Independence.

Anything else will be deflection to blame the tories for everything.  People are fed up with their excuses.

frankblack

The bedroom tax, the rape clause & trident renewal are enough for me thanks.

Other than Trident, the Scottish Parliament has devolved powers to affect those policies.

So, what would your SNP government do with an out of control North Korea?

Bowmans_Boot

I read all of the election material I receive, I watch the debates and listen (kind of) with an open mind to their points and I read/watch reports in the media from all sides. If you don't then you are simply coming from a pre-determined stance, which I guess will not change, anyway, no matter what any party were to say.

I completely disagree about the SNP "sitting on their hands for 10 years", they have achieved a lot, have work to do in other areas but have always put the good of our nation (Scotland) first and fought for our people. In my opinion they are the only party who will do this. 

Bowmans_Boot

Anything else will be deflection to blame the tories for everything.  People are fed up with their excuses.

I think you are getting mixed up with the Conservative's material. The one and only strategy and policy they have in Scotland is that of anti-independence. They have nothing else, they offer nothing else and they talk about nothing else. 

I read all of the election material I receive, I watch the debates and listen (kind of) with an open mind to their points and I read/watch reports in the media from all sides. If you don't then you are simply coming from a pre-determined stance, which I guess will not change, anyway, no matter what any party were to say.

I completely disagree about the SNP "sitting on their hands for 10 years", they have achieved a lot, have work to do in other areas but have always put the good of our nation (Scotland) first and fought for our people. In my opinion they are the only party who will do this. 

they've made education worse, they've made the health service worse, despite reading all the material you seem quite happy with worse.

perhaps you could list their achievements, I'm sure many of us are curious, it would also be good to compare it with this "election material" and see if there's even a remote similarity

as for them lookin after the people, their F****n politicians and being SNP its all about being king/queen of Scotland, no matter how many people get trampled in the rush.

frankblack

I think you are getting mixed up with the Conservative's material. The one and only strategy and policy they have in Scotland is that of anti-independence. They have nothing else, they offer nothing else and they talk about nothing else. 

The SNP want Independence but aren't telling us how they will deliver it, what currency they will use, or how they will fix the deficit to avoid us becoming another Greece.

they've made education worse, they've made the health service worse, despite reading all the material you seem quite happy with worse.

perhaps you could list their achievements, I'm sure many of us are curious, it would also be good to compare it with this "election material" and see if there's even a remote similarity

as for them lookin after the people, their *****n politicians and being SNP its all about being king/queen of Scotland, no matter how many people get trampled in the rush.

What concerns me is 46% gets independence. Now I know that's how democracy works but to take such a massive leap into the unknown and have 44% of a population against it doesn't bode well. I felt the same about Brexit and I think a 2nd vote on that would throw up a different result given half the shit Boris and UKIP told us has now been rubbished. We are heading down the same road with independence.

This doesn't bother the SNP tho they'll take a win any which way they can.

The SNP want Independence but aren't telling us how they will deliver it, what currency they will use, or how they will fix the deficit to avoid us becoming another Greece.

That's not really an issue at Westminster though, is it?

Once we get a referendum then those very questions will be attempted to be answered.

And of course that's just the SNP's stance.  The Greens may have another on independence.

But as the SNP aren't campaigning on independence at this Westminster election, the only party bleating on about it are the Tories in a vain attempt to scoop up ex-Labour & Lib Dem voters.

They will then say that they have a mandate for all their abhorent policies, when in fact they will have duped people based around anti-independence.

Once we get a referendum then those very questions will be attempted to be answered.

And of course that's just the SNP's stance.  The Greens may have another on independence.

But as the SNP aren't campaigning on independence at this Westminster election, the only party bleating on about it are the Tories in a vain attempt to scoop up ex-Labour & Lib Dem voters.

They will then say that they have a mandate for all their abhorent policies, when in fact they will have duped people based around anti-independence.

I'm pretty sure the fish said this was about independence boris, I'm sure someone has already posted it on this thread.

I'm pretty sure the fish said this was about independence boris, I'm sure someone has already posted it on this thread.

She keeps changing her mind on it but her current stance as advised by Salmond is that this election is about independence.

She keeps changing her mind on it but her current stance as advised by Salmond is that this election is about independence.

So when the SNP wns a majority of the Scottish seats UDI it is then?  Bravo!

So when the SNP wns a majority of the Scottish seats UDI it is then? Bravo!

Sturgeons and Salmonds words!

Yet they have a go at other parties banging on about independence when they themselves have made it clear this election is about independence

frankblack

Sturgeon did say that a strong vote for the SNP would help her case for Independence.  Don't have a link as it was a TV interview I saw a couple of weeks ago.

In Scotland this is effectively a vote for staying in or leaving the union, and I expect the SNP to get a bloody nose with lots of tactical voting.

Sturgeons and Salmonds words!

Yet they have a go at other parties banging on about independence when they themselves have made it clear this election is about independence

Semantics.  I suspect that Salmond & Sturgeon's comments regards the election being all about independence are a response to the Tories trying to frame it as such.

But to be honest, it's all rather childish.  People will vote how they vote and if it is down to wanting/not wanting another referendum, then fair enough.  Not that this election has anything to do with it.  Holyrood is where that matters.

Sturgeon did say that a strong vote for the SNP would help her case for Independence.  Don't have a link as it was a TV interview I saw a couple of weeks ago.

In Scotland this is effectively a vote for staying in or leaving the union, and I expect the SNP to get a bloody nose with lots of tactical voting.

Scotland to get an even bloodier one from a Tory government at Westminster.

PeterintheRain

By their deeds shall ye know them.  And by yours I'm sensing a Britain First supporter.  Sad that we've still got people like you attached to Hearts.   Did you enjoy throwing bananas at Mark Walters?

By their deeds shall ye know them.  And by yours I'm sensing a Britain First supporter.  Sad that we've still got people like you attached to Hearts.   Did you enjoy throwing bananas at Mark Walters?

another fruitloop slinging insults, whats the situation if we get independence, monetary policy etc, na forget it, all you lot have are if's and buts and maybies. stick with the insults, you don't seem to do answers.

lines on a map, S, W, E, NI, Britain, the lines are just power bases. I'm anti politician of any suit, the less the better, nothing but a bunch of self gratifying ersoles, the Scottish ones have made it clear, they're just the same as the English ones.

was at that game, petty immature childish behaviour, pink,white, black, broon, which ever bit of the rainbow, we're nothing more than just people.

so keep up with the petty insults, kinda makes you look more like a banana thrower than me.

maroonlegions

Theresa May failed us as a home secretary and she has now failed us as a Prime Minister.

We need a Prime Minister who has a 2764.png?heart and a voice that gives us hope instead of fear.

We need to have more accountability and transparency with those that are in such highly responsible government positions such as the Home Secretary.

This woman simply cannot be trusted. 

Theresa May has been accused of presiding over a "shambles" at the Home Office which risked allowing terrorists to enter Britain unchecked after border controls?

TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Space Mackerel

Anything else will be deflection to blame the tories for everything. People are fed up with their excuses.

I posted a pic of the SNP here in Edin Souths leaflet, it doesn't mention independence once :lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

frankblack

I posted a pic of the SNP here in Edin Souths leaflet, it doesn't mention independence once :lol:

That would be because they don't want to tell the people what austerity measures would be required to support it.

Space Mackerel

That would be because they don't want to tell the people what austerity measures would be required to support it.

Lol!

"Austerity"

What a wally.

frankblack

Luvley jubbley. :thumbsup:

The billboards have been taken out by The People's Assembly Against Austerity urging voters not to vote for the Conservative in the General Election

WALESONLINE.CO.UK|

<snip>

:jjyay:

Stop spamming the board with your party's propoganda and memes.  This is a thread for debating issues and you aren't adding to it.

Pans Jambo

Other than Trident, the Scottish Parliament has devolved powers to affect those policies.

So, what would your SNP government do with an out of control North Korea?

Why should they do something every time the Tories introduce a policy that attacks the vulnerable? Would it not be better if those policies never seen the light of day in the first place? The context of my answer was to do with the General Election but as usual, the Yoons on here always swing it back to the Indy debate.

North Korea? Aye I'm sure the Pyon Yang invasion plans for Scotland are well under way.

Why should they do something every time the Tories introduce a policy that attacks the vulnerable?

Every time I have seen anyone campaign for the SNP over the last couple of years they continually refer to the SNP as the only party that will protect Scotland from Tory austerity - how can they claim this while not doing anything ?

maroonlegions

Stop spamming the board with your party's propoganda and memes.  This is a thread for debating issues and you aren't adding to it.

Its a thread debating the general election and i am not the only one to have posted memes, propaganda aye right and by the way i am no Labour voter either, you would have known that if you had been paying any attention to my posts on similar threads. 

Since you raised the issue of debating lets DEBATE the propaganda in that meme, NHS starter, is it safe in Mys hands???

Or how about  any other one on that meme that to me personally  i feel that the  Tories are not to be trusted with.

maroonlegions

Does he in fact blame the Tories for anything.

The Sun newspaper is blaming Corybyn for every thing, Tory rag.

And that is relevant to a Westminster election how, exactly?

Wouldn't that be part of a referendum campaign?

Personally I think if there was a referendum tomorrow no would win, what are you so afraid of?

Pans Jambo

Every time I have seen anyone campaign for the SNP over the last couple of years they continually refer to the SNP as the only party that will protect Scotland from Tory austerity - how can they claim this while not doing anything ?

Did they not mitigate the bedroom tax? Does policies that nail the vulnerable sit OK with you then aye?

Not reducing the top income tax rate in line with Westminster?

Did they not mitigate the bedroom tax? Does policies that nail the vulnerable sit OK with you then aye?

Why only mitigate against a tax they have the power to abolish?

Not reducing the top income tax rate in line with Westminster?

Granted they have done this - but it's still too early to see how they will use this extra money to protect the Scottish people.... Perhaps they'll just use it to offset the cuts they want to make to airport passenger duty!

I think they are, aren't they? Assuming Westminster doesn't claw back the money.

I think they are, aren't they? Assuming Westminster doesn't claw back the money.

Are they? I asked my question based on the word "mitigate" in the post I replied to - are you suggesting they have abolished it or are in the process of doing so ?

Pans Jambo

Boris answered that question but you ignored mine which was:

Does policies that nail the vulnerable sit OK with you?

Excerpt from that report on the bedroom tax that Boris posted the link to:

Councils in England - where tenants do have to pay (The Bedroom Tax) - have already reported a rise in rent arrears, and a University of Newcastle study into the health effects of the Bedroom Tax found higher levels of hunger, poor diet, anxiety and depression. DWP statistics out just last week showed the average charge across GB was ?15.22 a week.

Got to love a Tory supporter...

Edit: ?791.44 per annum charged (average) for having the luxury of a 2nd bedroom in your building.

https://www.snp.org/tories_must_not_claw_back_the_bedroom_tax_when_scotland_abolishes_it

Concern is that if Scotland abolishes the Bedroom Tax, then Westminster would cut other benefits.

So they're not going to abolish because of something the Tories may do ? This again would make me question the SNPs claim that they'll protect Scotland from Tory austerity.

Boris answered that question but you ignored mine which was:

Does policies that nail the vulnerable sit OK with you?

Excerpt from that report on the bedroom tax that Boris posted the link to:

Councils in England - where tenants do have to pay (The Bedroom Tax) - have already reported a rise in rent arrears, and a University of Newcastle study into the health effects of the Bedroom Tax found higher levels of hunger, poor diet, anxiety and depression. DWP statistics out just last week showed the average charge across GB was ?15.22 a week.

Got to love a Tory supporter...

Edit: ?791.44 per annum charged (average) for having the luxury of a 2nd bedroom in your building.

To be honest I ignored your question as it was so poorly worded that it wasn't 100 % clear what you meant. Assuming you we're asking if I'm happy about policies which target the vulnerable - my answer us no. Equally I'm not happy that the SNP claim to be protecting Scotland but I see little evidence to back this up - particularly looking at the latest education ratings.

I'm no Tory btw - but bash on with your assumptions. I'm quite happy to question the record of any of the political parties - I find myself questioning the SNP more and more given that their own supporters (and most independence supporters in general) seem unwilling to address their record openly.

frankblack

Lol!

"Austerity"

What a wally.

Ok Space Cadet - how do you bridge the deficit, set up a central bank to replace the BOE, cut your ties with the rest of the UK, and not have a huge recession requiring austerity measures?

The answer is the SNP won't tell us because they don't want people to break their fantasy.

So they're not going to abolish because of something the Tories may do ? This again would make me question the SNPs claim that they'll protect Scotland from Tory austerity.

If it means people will be worse off, thanks to the Tories cutting benefits elsewhere, then of course they won't abolish it. That seems sensible to me.

Archived