General Election

Don Dan

Seymour M Hersh

What an absolute cluster**** this Claire Austin story is.

I didn't watch the programme but what makes folk think she is a conservative? Did she admit to that last night?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thunderstruck

You mean diehard rich Tory voters?

You've just skewered yourself there pal. Well done! :lol:

So all lawyers and financial advisors are Tories? Not like you to use sweeping generalisations.

But as usual you miss the point. If you think about it, those wishing noises that you hear are points going over your head.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I didn't watch the programme but what makes folk think she is a conservative? Did she admit to that last night?

Not sure. Politics is so agenda-driven now (more than ever before) that the nitty gritty of policies and actual government are completely lost in amongst tittle tattle like this. All parties are as bad a each other and it's honestly pathetic.

frankblack

Scotland will also get a hefty slice of all these rich pensioner houses down in Surrey that the Torys want to get their mitts on when they can't even remember their own names.

Mocking dementia sufferers is a new low for you.  Congratulations.

Space Mackerel

Mocking dementia sufferers is a new low for you. Congratulations.

I'm not taking their homes off them to pay for their care.

Nice try though.

Could we get another Poll, would be interesting to see where things lie now. Unless I have missed something, I cannot see any recently. 

ToadKiller Dog

Listening to May's u turn which really isn't a u turn , she is starting to slaver like Donald Trump .

Maybe spending too much time talking to her self and her minions rather than talking to the public .

Pressure getting to her .

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Listening to May's u turn which really isn't a u turn , she is starting to slaver like Donald Trump .

Maybe spending too much time talking to her self and her minions rather than talking to the public .

She's struggling badly. Hampered by the realisation that the promises she makes she's going to have to deliver on pronto.

Corbyn has the advantage of being able to promise whatever he likes, knowing full well that he'll never have to deliver any of it.

Space Mackerel

Said it way back, she's is an absolutely terrible PM and debater. She gets owned at PMQ's every week.

This is the first time I can remember her taking direct questions from the press, shaking her head as it was getting asked, raising her voice, visibly shaking in tone.

John Findlay

I'm trying to remember some of the no marks names. Taylor on BBC Glasgow for one. Or Smith also BBC Glasgow.

I believe Taylor SNP. SMITH Labour. I think Taylor in the minority.

Space Mackerel

Well that's quite a trick !

Ok.

Visibly shaking and in tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

frankblack

I'm not taking their homes off them to pay for their care.

Nice try though.

:cornette:

Deflecting from the fact that you made an insulting comment about dementia sufferers.

Space Mackerel

:cornette:

Deflecting from the fact that you made an insulting comment about dementia sufferers.

Only in your wee head Frank.

The media are calling it the Dementia tax, what do you suggest I call it?

Thunderstruck

It's all good - it's a policy that might hasten the return of Labour. You can kiss a final goodbye to your Indy dream if that happens as the anti-Tory protest vote that makes up a sizeable section of the SNP support will disappear like snow off a dyke.

It's an ill wind...

Sadly, Corbyn and his close colleagues are the biggest barrier to that happening.

Space Mackerel

It's all good - it's a policy that might hasten the return of Labour. You can kiss a final goodbye to your Indy dream if that happens as the anti-Tory protest vote that makes up a sizeable section of the SNP support will disappear like snow off a dyke.

It's an ill wind...

Sadly, Corbyn and his close colleagues are the biggest barrier to that happening.

You and your lot are absolutely OBSESSED with independence.

We are trying not to make an utter shambles out of Brexit first which is why the snap GE was called.

Thunderstruck

We are trying not to make an utter shambles out of Brexit first which is why the snap GE was called.

Your Deflect-o-matic is working flat out these days. I wonder why. What are the SNP policy objectives?

I have had the campaign leaflets through from SNP and Tories. Yes, the Tories mention Independence - once in a bullet point. The SNP leaflet is all about the "hated Tories" and there is not a single policy ambition in it other than, you've guessed it, INDEPENDENCE.

And why not campaign against Independence as this whole idiotic, pointless and destructive quest needs to be dropped because we have a Scottish Government that focuses on little else as can be seen by some of the answers given last night.

The issue raised by the nurse last night has got the whole cybernat community in a funk trying to divert from the real point - why are nurses not paid more? Why has it taken nearly 10 years to get around to dealing with the issues? Why is "Tory Austerity" the cause when the Tories have only been in power for 7 of those 10 years? Why is "they are paid ?300 more than those in England" even considered as an excuse?

The real reason is that Sturgeon was in charge of Health and it slipped under her watch (despite her sister "working in the NHS"). She the went on to take charge of the independence campaign and every ball was dropped bar that big Indy one.

They are wrecking our country to foster grievance and the sooner they are consigned to history the better.

:4_1_72:  the fish is that obsessed she hasn't managed to make a decision on policy since she got the control, as for the brainwashed cultists

Space Mackerel

Your Deflect-o-matic is working flat out these days. I wonder why. What are the SNP policy objectives?

I have had the campaign leaflets through from SNP and Tories. Yes, the Tories mention Independence - once in a bullet point. The SNP leaflet is all about the "hated Tories" and there is not a single policy ambition in it other than, you've guessed it, INDEPENDENCE.

And why not campaign against Independence as this whole idiotic, pointless and destructive quest needs to be dropped because we have a Scottish Government that focuses on little else as can be seen by some of the answers given last night.

The issue raised by the nurse last night has got the whole cybernat community in a funk trying to divert from the real point - why are nurses not paid more? Why has it taken nearly 10 years to get around to dealing with the issues? Why is "Tory Austerity" the cause when the Tories have only been in power for 7 of those 10 years? Why is "they are paid ?300 more than those in England" even considered as an excuse?

The real reason is that Sturgeon was in charge of Health and it slipped under her watch (despite her sister "working in the NHS"). She the went on to take charge of the independence campaign and every ball was dropped bar that big Indy one.

They are wrecking our country to foster grievance and the sooner they are consigned to history the better.

:4_1_72: the fish is that obsessed she hasn't managed to make a decision on policy since she got the control, as for the brainwashed cultists

Here you go, doesn't mention independence once. :lol:

a6b6e86b3ebade70511d01b7d6aa8089.jpg

maroonlegions

Is this now  the NINTH u-turn she has done. :laugh4:

Her and her party of crooks reek of seeing what they can get away with. :laugh4:

This so called "dementia tax" was rushed through by her with no consultation with any of her cabinet and rushed into the Tory manifesto.

Strong and stable eh, :laugh4:   aye right, can this woman really be trusted with the  running of this country, like feck. 

Its hitting them hard on the door step one senior Tory has stated.

"Its a Turkey" another Tory has said. :laugh4:

She has of yet still to reveal at what level of a financial cap she will now introduce from the cap of over ?100,000. :beatnik2:  

This was reported in the Financial Times. 

Thunderstruck

Here you go, doesn't mention independence once. :lol:

a6b6e86b3ebade70511d01b7d6aa8089.jpg

Different leaflet but even more negative campaigning on that :lol:

It's just a long anti-Tory rant.

Space Mackerel

Different leaflet but even more negative campaigning on that :lol:

It's just a long anti-Tory rant.

You must have hundreds of posts on this thread and other various political threads purely attacking the SNP. I wouldn't go gassing off about anti this and anti that.

I've yet to hear what you or any of the other Yoons are intending to vote.

maroonlegions

Could we get another Poll, would be interesting to see where things lie now. Unless I have missed something, I cannot see any recently

Tory poll lead over Labour slashed by half since manifestos launched
The Tory lead over Labour has been halved since the two parties unveiled their manifestos, according to new polls. Jeremy Corbyn?s party was given a fresh boost by a new poll showing Theresa May?s Conservatives dropping five per cent to 43, while Labour enjoyed a five per cent boost to 34.
6 hours ago ? standard.co.uk

You must have hundreds of posts on this thread and other various political threads purely attacking the SNP. I wouldn't go gassing off about anti this and anti that.

and your cut and paste pish, still says nowt about making a policy decision, making it easy to have a pop, 10 years of sitting on their hands as Westminster make all the decisions is hardly an endorsement for independence. how many years would it take them to form a country, they'd probably have to ask Westminster for help :2thumbsup:

Thunderstruck

I'm a voter not a politician or a Party charged with the effective management of the country.

My voting intentions have been aired but, as you admitted yesterday, you don't read; you just post endless streams of irrelevant off-topic drivel.

Now, off you pop, and devote some time to your thriving business.

Jambo-Jimbo

Said it way back, she's is an absolutely terrible PM and debater. She gets owned at PMQ's every week.

This is the first time I can remember her taking direct questions from the press, shaking her head as it was getting asked, raising her voice, visibly shaking in tone.

You must be watching a different PMQ's from everybody else then, as Corbyn very rarely lands any blows whatsoever, it's usually Angus Robertson who occasionally hits the mark now and then.

jambo lodge

So in Scotland if you have assets above ?26.500 you get no help for care. Hope you are calling for Nicola to reduce the dementia tax here.

Space Mackerel

I'm a voter not a politician or a Party charged with the effective management of the country.

My voting intentions have been aired but, as you admitted yesterday, you don't read; you just post endless streams of irrelevant off-topic drivel.

Now, off you pop, and devote some time to your thriving business.

List of TM's U turns. Glorious reading.

Strong and stable right enough.

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2017/05/22/theresa-may-just-about-managing/

Re my earlier post. I mean a forum poll. Why don't we seem to have a recent one for GE2017?

jambos are go!

Never really believed in inherited wealth so not really opposed to the care proposal and dont see why I should pay taxes to preserve inheritances. My old man would not give me as much as a free reek from his last f*rt if he could avoid it and it never did me any harm.

I agree with folk who say at least this is a serious attempt to fund social care properly.

Rudolf's Mate

A producer for Sky's politics team has said get youngsters involved by making politics more fun. One idea was for the leaders to have memes of themselves making light of topics :rofl:

If you're not capable of voting unless you've got a meme guiding you then away back to school :cornette:

frankblack

I already quoted what you posted a few posts earlier.

As someone whose father has dementia I find your comments and your arrogance in denying what you posted a complete disgrace.

maroonlegions

Is this down to media "impartiality" then?? :deal2:

Labour is surging in the polls ? and it's all because the media is finally giving Jeremy Corbyn impartial coverage

It?s conventional for polls to swing to the government during a general election campaign, but Jeremy Corbyn?s Labour Party has absolutely no respect for?
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

maroonlegions

Little by little the Draconian polices and think tanks of this Government are being to sink in with the public. 

Is May deliberately setting out to alienate large sections on the UK public??

One cold be forgiven  for thinking so.. LOL; 

18620231_1191605647611748_77097506720293

frankblack

Little by little the Draconian polices and think tanks of this Government are being to sink in with the public.

Is May deliberately setting out to alienate large sections on the UK public??

One cold be forgiven for thinking so.. LOL;

18620231_1191605647611748_77097506720293

Please stop posting propoganda on here from your party's spin doctors.

If you have opinions then post them instead.

Shanks said no

So the nurse ( who uses foodbanks) on the leaders debate tonight seems to look rather similar to the wife of a Tory councillor who was a star on BBC question time the other night .

Uncanny the resemblance .

Got a text from my non political daughter this morning, she's a nurse at a private hospital in Edinburgh, lets call it Steeple. Daughter recognised her as being a regular bank nurse who earns ?250 a shift (that's double the norm).

Maroon Sailor

Please stop posting propoganda on here from your party's spin doctors.

If you have opinions then post them instead.

Was just thinking the same - getting a bit boring now

Now for Space Sturgeon to prove he is not brainwashed and do the same

Space Mackerel

Reporting Scotland laying into the SNP and not mentioning the nurses trips to the US and coiffing fizz in every photo.

Quelle Surprise...

Cruyff Turn

Reporting Scotland laying into the SNP and not mentioning the nurses trips to the US and coiffing fizz in every photo.

Quelle Surprise...

Possibly the most blatant bias news bulletin from BBC Scotland I've seen since yesterday.

They're not even hiding it now.

Space Mackerel

Possibly the most blatant bias news bulletin from BBC Scotland I've seen since yesterday.

I never watch or listen to it now, only turned on to see their predictable shite.

I'm about 1 more biased production away from cancelling my DD to the BBC now. They don't deserve a penny more.

Yes just like the local Election SNP Personally addressed letters to EU Nationals ( who quite rightly are entitled to vote in local elections

But in this letter there is not one mention of any local issues not one

It only mentions Brexit and Independence so they also have a database of Eu Nationals and that is scary all they care about is Independence,your job your family's security and health are not on their agenda and never have been but now people are beginning to see through this charade and hopefully they lose many seats

Trapper John McIntyre

You mean fat, cardiac risk Taylor with his 'stooshie' and 'these things happen from time to time...' in explanation of a political party briefing against a member of the public?

Thunderstruck

Quelle Surprise...

You've yet to mention Sturgeon's agreement that there has been a cap on nurses' pay since 2008 or that such matters are entirely a matter for the Scottish Government. Don't shoot the messenger - deal with the question and, more importantly, the answer.

Why promise to fix it now.

Cruyff Turn

You mean fat, cardiac risk Taylor with his 'stooshie' and 'these things happen from time to time...' in explanation of a political party briefing against a member of the public?

Was that Brian trying to balance it out was it.

The member of the public being a woman who lied about using food banks to make a political point?

NOTHING HAS CHANGED.. (throw arms out wide).. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

We know. That's the problem. Less change than a Leopard's spots.

maroonlegions

Could we get another Poll, would be interesting to see where things lie now. Unless I have missed something, I cannot see any recently. 

Another one.

Support for Labour has surged in Wales, with a massive 16-point shift in support towards Jeremy Corbyn's party, the latest poll shows. A poll by YouGov just two?
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Trapper John McIntyre

Was that Brian trying to balance it out was it.

The member of the public being a woman who lied about using food banks to make a political point?

The only balancing he does is when he juggles his coffee and goodies from Greggs.

Archived