General Election

Don Dan

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trapper John McIntyre

But the SNP have won 3 Holyrood Elections in a row.

Keep them coming. 

Achieving  what benefits to the Scottish people?

maroonlegions

In Year 9 in secondary school we are made to choose our GCSE subjects, at 16 we can smoke, win the lottery have sex, get a job. At 17 you can drive and you start choosing your University/life root and yet we cannot vote until we're 18. WE as a?

PETITION.PARLIAMENT.UK

Petition: Allow 16/17 year olds to vote.

In Year 9 in secondary school we are made to choose our GCSE subjects, at 16 we can smoke, win the lottery have sex, get a job. At 17 you can drive and you start choosing your University/life root and yet we cannot vote until we're 18. WE as a?

PETITION.PARLIAMENT.UK

And the SNP want them to have a state guardian.

Space Mackerel

"So, Ms Sturgeon, what are your priorities for government?

Ms Sturgeon - "Independence, Independence, Independence."

The country is crumbling around it but the drones, they don't see it. All they want is independence - freedom at any cost and, ironically given their anti-Tory frothing, to hang with the poor, the infirm, the young, and the elderly - they'll just have to grin and bear it. Shameful stuff.

So Ms May, what are your plans for Brexit?

Ms May - Nae idea pal but vote for me anyways.

But the SNP have won 3 Holyrood Elections in a row.

Keep them coming.

And the conservatives are about to win their 3 General Election....is that how this game works??

What both of them clearly love is right good vote up to divide a nation as opposed to representing us mugs who vote them in expecting them to do their jobs. Between a once in a life time referendum, a Brexit and a no way will there be a snap general election - general election, feck all is getting done but we're all so preoccupied arguing about how to vote in the next big vote up they are getting away with it.

It's high time they were all called out on their inability to run a country instead of the brainwashed masses defending them in petty point scoring and some ill conceived loyalty to a bunch of overpaid power hungry egotistical corrupt tossers!

Trapper John McIntyre

So Ms Sturgeon, what are your plans for Independence?

Ms Sturgeon - Nae idea pal, but vote for me onywise.

So Mrs Murrell, what are your plans for independence?

Mrs Murrell - Nae idea pal but vote for it anyway

Maybe her then? :rofl:

3f33026f8652c7005d2d650bc36225cc.jpg

So you want them to go against the will of the people but you want independence as per the will of the people....confused.com!

Trapper John McIntyre

Copycat.

Space Mackerel

So Ms Sturgeon, what are your plans for Independence?

Ms Sturgeon - Nae idea pal, but vote for me onywise.

Any White Paper on Brexit yet?

Let me know when's it's available thanks. [emoji106]

Space Mackerel

White Paper please on the future trading arrangements thanks.

Trapper John McIntyre

Any White Paper on Brexit yet?

Let me know when's it's available thanks. [emoji106]

If its like the White Paper, then we're truly fecked.

Radio Ga Ga

God bless Brillo.

What a car crash! Andrew Neil is without doubt the best political journalist out there.

Thunderstruck

God bless Brillo.

Why do they keep lining up for a roasting by Andrew Neil? It's liking shooting fish in a barrel.

Space Mackerel

What a car crash! Andrew Neil is without doubt the best political journalist out there.

Struggling to see any car crash there. Explain.

Are you serious saying TM would have called this election if there was 5 to 10 percentage points between herself and Labour like in the past? :lol:

Radio Ga Ga

Struggling to see any car crash there. Explain.

Are you serious saying TM would have called this election if there was 5 to 10 percentage points between herself and Labour like in the past? :lol:

The SNP (Sturgeon as late as Monday) said, before yesterday, that Theresa May did not have a mandate as she was not elected? Swinney then says she should go the full term, Alex Neil basically saying you can't have it both ways...

What about when the SNP were pumped in the 2014 election and Salmond resigned and wee Nippy slotted into place, any different than May replacing Cameron?

Space Mackerel

The SNP (Sturgeon as late as Monday) said, before yesterday, that Theresa May did not have a mandate as she was not elected? Swinney then says she should go the full term, Alex Neil basically saying you can't have it both ways...

What about when the SNP were pumped in the 2014 election and Salmond resigned and wee Nippy slotted into place, any different than May replacing Cameron?

I'll refuse to engage with a political simpleton who doesn't know the difference between a referendum and an election.

You shouldn't get a vote by the way, you're too politically and educationally incompetent to make a decision going by this.

Gaga by name, Gaga by brains.

There were fair elections called a year and a half later for the Scottish Parliament after 2014, I suggest you check the time line. [emoji106]

Radio Ga Ga

I'll refuse to engage with a political simpleton who doesn't know the difference between a referendum and an election.

You shouldn't get a vote by the way, you're too politically and educationally incompetent to make a decision going by this.

Gaga by name, Gaga by brains.

There were fair elections called a year and a half later for the Scottish Parliament after 2014, I suggest you check the time line. [emoji106]

Did Salmon resign as First Minister and a NEW First Minister appointed without an election? Oh and Cameron resigned due to a referendum too and you call me Gaga, no wonder you're the laughing stock of this forum!

Space Mackerel

Did Salmon resign as First Minister and a NEW First Minister appointed without an election? Oh and Cameron resigned due to a referendum too and you call me Gaga, no wonder you're the laughing stock of this forum!

What would be the point of having elections so soon after the 2014 referendum when they were due to take place 18 months later?

You tell us?

Radio Ga Ga

What would be the point of having elections so soon after the 2014 referendum when they were due to take place 18 months later?

You tell us?

Why not?

And another thing, why does the SNP not just call the Tory's bluff and dissolve Parliament and call another Scottish Election on the ticket of an Independence Referendum?

I think you and the rest of the Nationalists know why

Space Mackerel

Why not?

And another thing, why does the SNP not just call the Tory's bluff and dissolve Parliament and call another Scottish Election on the ticket of an Independence Referendum?

I think you and the rest of the Nationalists know why

"Why not"

"Call another Scottish election"

The last of the big thinkers.

Radio Ga Ga

"Why not"

"Call another Scottish election"

The last of the big thinkers.

Answer the question, why did they have to wait 18 months?

Space Mackerel

Answer the question, why did they have to wait 18 months?

I can't remember Ruth gagging for another election so soon afterwards.

You better show me an article or statement she was.

But you thought NS wasn't a patch on Alec Salmond, how wrong you were.

Cairneyhill Jambo

So good they lost the last two referendums. 

Meanwhile in Holyrood this year, no Bills were passed..

I think there's only been one referendum in Scotland.

You do realise Bills take at least 6-8 months to go through Parliament. It's only April. But you bash on.

Is it the SNP's fault that the Health and Education systems are just as ****ed down South aye?

Here's the way to run the country!

We may be rubbish at policy and don't need to address the issues as long as they are rubbish at it down south as well!

Radio Ga Ga

I can't remember Ruth gagging for another election so soon afterwards.

You better show me an article or statement she was.

But you thought NS wasn't a patch on Alec Salmond, how wrong you were.

As per usual, can't answer a question so bring something completely irrelevant into the debate.

The whole point of the initial post was the SNP hypocrisy, which all the media have picked up on, they went on and on and on about the Prime Minister being unelected (and would still be going on and on and on if Mrs May had not called the GE) but failing to remember that Sturgeon was in the exact same boat for 18 months as an unelected First Minister and now Swinney has the bare faced cheek to say she should honour the parliament and run for the full term until 2020, you could not make it up!

You tell us?

Was that the once in a generation referendum?

I think there's only been one referendum in Scotland.

You do realise Bills take at least 6-8 months to go through Parliament. It's only April. But you bash on.

No Acts passed in a year. One or two shelved before the referendum announcement and the council elections. Not just this year. But includes last year too.

Space Mackerel

As per usual, can't answer a question so bring something completely irrelevant into the debate.

The whole point of the initial post was the SNP hypocrisy, which all the media have picked up on, they went on and on and on about the Prime Minister being unelected (and would still be going on and on and on if Mrs May had not called the GE) but failing to remember that Sturgeon was in the exact same boat for 18 months as an unelected First Minister and now Swinney has the bare faced cheek to say she should honour the parliament and run for the full term until 2020, you could not make it up!

Here's some even more major hypocrisy for you? Answer this then.

0f40405e85a51cc4d4c26d61b1d0eec9.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Here's some even more major hypocrisy for you? Answer this then.

0f40405e85a51cc4d4c26d61b1d0eec9.jpg

Not really. She supported Remain. Remain lost. She accedes to the will of the electorate.

Radio Ga Ga

Here's some even more major hypocrisy for you? Answer this then. 0f40405e85a51cc4d4c26d61b1d0eec9.jpg

She lost a democratic vote, reluctantly accepted it, and therefore is now working towards the democratic will of the poeple, that democracy for you unless you're a Scottish Nationalist who after losing a referendum democratically refuse to accept democracy, aye?

Space Mackerel

She lost a democratic vote, reluctantly accepted it, and therefore is now working towards the democratic will of the poeple, that democracy for you unless you're a Scottish Nationalist who after losing a referendum democratically refuse to accept democracy, aye?

She also said there wouldn't be no snap election at least 7 times on the record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Radio Ga Ga

She also said there wouldn't be no snap election at least 7 times on the record.

She would not have needed to if all sides had accepted the will of the electorate and worked towards Brexit, but no, too much shit from too many (including some of her own to be fair) so this election should hopefully give her the support in parliament she needs.

Why are the SNP so against this election, frightened they might lose some of their free meal tickets...

Space Mackerel

She would not have needed to if all sides had accepted the will of the electorate and worked towards Brexit, but no, too much shit from too many (including some of her own to be fair) so this election should hopefully give her the support in parliament she needs.

Why are the SNP so against this election, frightened they might lose some of their free meal tickets...

This will that the UK Supreme Court said was unlawful and she had to adjust tracks aye?

She and her daft pals in no 10 sounds right competent. Right you are.

Not really. She supported Remain. Remain lost. She accedes to the will of the electorate.

Correct a point that's already been made to the other poster who put this picture up. May is a hypocrite for following the will of the people. Now remind me what Sturgeons catch phrase is about the will of the people...even though its already been voted upon in the once in a generation referendum that independence is not the will of the people....The mad Nats will ignore you however as it doesn't fit the agenda.

They'll tell you all about the Tory failings of which there are undoubtedly many but Sturgeon and Co can do no wrong...despite having not actually run the country as they obsessively push indyref2 and use any excuse to do so.

Yet to read one nationalist on here tell anyone what an independent Scotland would actually look like. Let's leave one union governed by England (or so they keep telling us as the SNP fail to use their devolved powers) and join another one governed by Germany.....honestly cracks me up. It's actually bordering in racism!

It's going to be an interesting few weeks anyway. A cynical and shrewd move from the PM for sure, although it remains to be seen why she thinks this is a particularly optimum time for a snap election. What does she know that we don't about our next few years? Consequences of Brexit? More cuts? What is she protecting them/herself against? Labour have been floundering for some time.

It's a fairly smooth move in terms of giving herself a bit of protection from Brexit effect further down the road. "Don't complain, this is what you wanted. We asked you. Twice."

Indyref2 might have some impact on SNP but I'd be amazed if it's anything other than a relatively minor slip and/or loss of just a seat or two. It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll add a new seat. Difficult to call but I can't see them struggling too badly with this one. If they can pick up just one seat, I really hope it's Mundell's.

Also, May is a humungous chicken. She knows she'll do herself no favours in live debate. I'd like to see any of them try to stand in front of members of the public and defend the Rape Clause, and I hope they're asked about it on every doorstep they visit. Ruth Davidson included in that.

The polls aren't looking too healthy right now but still can't see Corbyn suffering as badly as they expect him to. Again, the Brexit threat may cushion him from the worst of it. Still can't get my head around the idea of Labour voters turning Tory though. That blows my mind a little bit.

And eh, Lib Dem.... hmeh. Chance in Edinburgh West perhaps? It'll be interesting to see how O&S feel about Carmichael these days, knowing what they know now.

I say I'm sick of politics but then announcements happen and I'm drawn right back in again. Oh well [emoji851]

Last one to receice Royal Assent (becoming law) was in March 2016. So in a year since there has been no legislation passed by the Holyrood Parliament.

Put another way, since the Scottish election in May 2016 we have seen no legislation passed.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks anyway. A cynical and shrewd move from the PM for sure, although it remains to be seen why she thinks this is a particularly optimum time for a snap election. What does she know that we don't about our next few years? Consequences of Brexit? More cuts? What is she protecting them/herself against? Labour have been floundering for some time.

It's a fairly smooth move in terms of giving herself a bit of protection from Brexit effect further down the road. "Don't complain, this is what you wanted. We asked you. Twice."

Indyref2 might have some impact on SNP but I'd be amazed if it's anything other than a relatively minor slip and/or loss of just a seat or two. It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll add a new seat. Difficult to call but I can't see them struggling too badly with this one. If they can pick up just one seat, I really hope it's Mundell's.

Also, May is a humungous chicken. She knows she'll do herself no favours in live debate. I'd like to see any of them try to stand in front of members of the public and defend the Rape Clause, and I hope they're asked about it on every doorstep they visit. Ruth Davidson included in that.

The polls aren't looking too healthy right now but still can't see Corbyn suffering as badly as they expect him to. Again, the Brexit threat may cushion him from the worst of it. Still can't get my head around the idea of Labour voters turning Tory though. That blows my mind a little bit.

And eh, Lib Dem.... hmeh. Chance in Edinburgh West perhaps? It'll be interesting to see how O&S feel about Carmichael these days, knowing what they know now.

I say I'm sick of politics but then announcements happen and I'm drawn right back in again. Oh well [emoji851]

On one point (ah ok 2) I think no TV debates are superb. They mean 90% of this election won't be on tv debates on the format or on the people with the best 30 second answer to a deep seated issue. Also this a parliamentary election, not a presidential one. Want debates? Go to local hustings. I see no useful part which these tv debates remotely provide to anyone.

Even last year in Scotland they did little but add soundbites and one liners to a dull campaign.

Secondly, Carmichael should be safe. Frlm folk I know up there he has a huge local popularity. Is a good local MP and a local boy at that. The SNP candidate who pushed him close isnt running either as he's on the council election for Shetland.

I agree though Edinburgh West could go Liberal Democrat. Also believe John Nicholson and the MP for Berwick are on shoogly pegs for their seats to (LibDem and Tory) opponents.

I think now the FM is banging the indyref2 drum that some tight SNP seats could fall to unionists, especially if there's tactical voting. Afterall, I think Brexit is going to be second fiddle to independence up here.

Last one to receice Royal Assent (becoming law) was in March 2016. So in a year since there has been no legislation passed by the Holyrood Parliament.

Put another way, since the Scottish election in May 2016 we have seen no legislation passed.

I don't know why I'm jumping in here because this idea that legislative activity is an accurate barometer of productivity or progress seems a bit iffy to me but it's maybe also worth mentioning statutory instruments if we're getting into it, I suppose. It's not a set of stats I remember anyone ever caring about before, so is it just a case of trying to discredit SNP by discrediting the whole Parliament and writing it off as an expensive talking shop or something? Is that the gist of this legislation counting thing?

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi

Thunderstruck

How about 10x "Once in a lifetime/generation".

See for yourself

I 100% see the reasoning behind this and welcome anything that will reduce the number of seats for the Scottish Nuisance Party in Westminster but I really am getting sick of voting.

For once i agree with you :)

Archived