More Tory lies

aussieh

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is there anyone decent left ? 

Was there anyone decent in the first place. 

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Konrad von Carstein
13 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I honestly think most folks couldn't give a rat's arse.

I honestly think most folks on here think you're completely obsessed with this.

I honestly think this issue has been talked about here with a voracity that is completely out of kilter with it's relevance.

Are we done with this yet? I'd like to point out that Truss was endorsed by Nadine and Jacob - that should hopefully torpedo her chances. 😁

Good post...

56 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Welcome to JKB, what brings you here?

There isn't a shred of evidence that trans women are more likely to be abusive in safe spaces than cis women. The women's sports thing is a side issue but the problems of it are completely overblown.

I read from time to time and I’m a Hearts fan so ended up making an account. How about you?

Your view is yours and others are available. I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you. I wandered into a crossfire that seems to have some bad blood behind it and I’d rather not remain involved. 

12 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Tory members are a strange bunch.

Edited by Ray Gin

15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Tory members are a strange bunch.

Indeed. Imagine being more concerned with channel crossings than the NHS and the increased waiting times and impact covid is continually having.

However at least it shows the trans issue is far from being as important a topic as some would say.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

At least she's competent and knows her brief. Britain and the world in general are bereft of decent politicians. We need independence for readdress, shift and balance! IMO.

Clown heels is as dishonest as the day is long and has ruined Scotland in her reign and continues to waste time and money in her hopeless cause 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I saw them at the Playhouse a couple years back. Great night.  Neil Tennant is now 68 !!! 

I was there also.

To be honest the playhouse didn't do them justice.

Plus I got really fekin nipped at having a sea of mobile fekin phones recording all night.

Does my head in.

2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Welcome to JKB, what brings you here?

There isn't a shred of evidence that trans women are more likely to be abusive in safe spaces than cis women. The women's sports thing is a side issue but the problems of it are completely overblown.

Says a man.

Safe spaces for women are mostly being defended by women.

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sums it up perfectly really . I know I keep rattling on about but as the writer says it’s  about honesty from politicians 

Important insights here from Nikki da Costa:

If you want to be Prime Minister, you need to be able to answer the question ‘What is a woman?’ It’s not a ‘gotcha question’, it is a litmus test for honesty. Are you willing to acknowledge why this question has become important? Are you willing to say what you think, to make the arguments, and to keep making them? Can you handle difficult conversations with the nation? Will fear of the next day’s headlines shape your thinking, or your thinking shape the headlines?

How you handle that question, with sensitivity and respect to trans people and to women, provides crucial insight to how you will run No 10. I am deeply cautious about any candidate that brushes the question aside, arguing there are more important issues. Doing so is disingenuous. The economic and systemic challenges are significant. I fear for the winter and what ordinary households will face. There are no short-term fixes and the next prime minister will have to make tough choices regarding inflation, food and energy supply.

But government doesn’t stand still while attention is focussed elsewhere, the Whitehall policy machine will continue to churn. Things get slipped out, (and quietly slipped in), problems become entrenched. Serving two prime ministers, I saw how easy it was for the Prime Minister’s and ministers’ attention to narrow to the crisis of the day. The last thing we
need now is a No 10 which wakes up each morning and asks ‘How did this happen?!’.

It is the issues on which a candidate is silent that I will therefore worry about. If they are silent, there will be silence within government. Options not considered, questions kept off the policy agenda, stakeholders not invited to the policy table, issues unaddressed.

No candidate should be allowed to sidestep the gender issue, since in Whitehall there is a long list of live issues: how to preserve fair competition in sport; the imminent issuing of guidance to schools on how to support trans-identifying children; depoliticisation of the NHS and Gender Identity services; and how to respond to Scotland’s Gender Recognition Bill with its cross-border implications. New ministers will be asked to give a steer as to how the civil service should proceed.

The cynic in me worries that ministers may be bounced into quick decisions. I would not expect a candidate to know the detail on all these issues, but I would expect them to have a view on three of them. A recent survey by More in Common found that the public were kind, compassionate and keen to find solutions, but only 19% believed transwomen should compete in women-only sports. Do candidates agree that where biological sex bestows competitive advantage, women and girls have the right to take part in female-only competitive sporting activities at all levels in order to maintain fairness and to protect their physical safety?

A majority of Britons believe physical medical intervention towards transition should not start below the age of 18. I want to know if a candidate is aware of the steep increase in young people, most of whom are teenage girls, experiencing gender distress - discomfort with their bodies and biological sex – and if they are honest enough and brave enough to risk the wrath of trans activists by asking whether something else is driving these children to feel this way, particularly as medical treatment may follow.

When women are vulnerable - physically because they must undress or sleep, or emotionally, because they have suffered trauma and abuse – does the candidate recognise their right to same-sex spaces as valid?

In short, can we afford a potential new Prime Minister doing a Keir Starmer?

A new Prime Minister will be chosen not through the trial of a general election, but by MPs and members. Within two weeks the field will narrow to two. Now is the time to ask and answer difficult questions. Soon it will be too late.

Nikki da Costa was Director of Legislative Affairs at Downing Street
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/07/11/candidates-who-sidestep-gender-issue-not-fit-high-office/

0E746AFC-F1D3-4E8A-87D4-B7ABEB039318.jpeg

Fucrigtoff.

Seriously, you're an embarrassment.

Edited by graygo

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

You still haven’t a clue . You really haven’t . I’m sure if the mods felt I was posting transphobic stuff they would have a word with me . They haven’t , cause I haven’t . Your small  size brain doesn’t seem to understand that so you resort to the usual line “ oh he’s transphobic.” Oh and I have challenged people when they have wrote homophobic nonsense , happily it’s quite rare . 

Holy Christ!! I'm just catching up on this thread but how you can deny that you are transphobic is incredible. You are, own it 

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

I read from time to time and I’m a Hearts fan so ended up making an account. How about you?

Your view is yours and others are available. I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you. I wandered into a crossfire that seems to have some bad blood behind it and I’d rather not remain involved.

I'm a Hearts fan and I posted on the Terrace threads (where the football gets discussed) for a good year before I wondered over to the shed. I was curious as to why someone would sign up for the forum just to post in the politics thread in the Shed.

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Says a man.

Seems most of the noise on this forum is from men.

Meanwhile trans teens and teens experience gender dysphoria are committing suicide at shockingly high rates, driven by stigmatization of the kind that you lot waffle about on a daily basis (source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/) but let's have a big panic about how they're all predators out to ruin women's safety, eh?

il Duce McTarkin
7 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh and I have challenged people when they have wrote homophobic nonsense , happily it’s quite rare . 

We need more homophobic nonsense imo

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

I ain't afraid of no...

The Mighty Thor
6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Clown heels is as dishonest as the day is long and has ruined Scotland in her reign and continues to waste time and money in her hopeless cause 

And still every time there is any type of election the SNP wipes the floor with the branch office parties.

Most pleasing. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

And still every time there is any type of election the SNP wipes the floor with the branch office parties.

Most pleasing. 

:10900:

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I'm a Hearts fan and I posted on the Terrace threads (where the football gets discussed) for a good year before I wondered over to the shed. I was curious as to why someone would sign up for the forum just to post in the politics thread in the Shed.

Seems most of the noise on this forum is from men.

Meanwhile trans teens and teens experience gender dysphoria are committing suicide at shockingly high rates, driven by stigmatization of the kind that you lot waffle about on a daily basis (source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32345113/) but let's have a big panic about how they're all predators out to ruin women's safety, eh?

It's a complex issue no doubt.

And I think it's disingenuous to say women are "panicking " because they want their safe space.

We had the recent rape crisis scenario where a man identifying as a woman sat in meetings whilst dressed as a man.

I also note the language you use of "you lot" sees you have little time or empathy for safe space for women .

Who are overwhelmingly more likely to fall victim to violence by men sexual or otherwise.

Edited by Ked

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Ked said:

I was there also.

To be honest the playhouse didn't do them justice.

Plus I got really fekin nipped at having a sea of mobile fekin phones recording all night.

Does my head in.

It was a good concert. I only had my phone out a couple times...I wanted to saviour the experience and remember it in my heid. I dont understand why people go to concerts and just record it all ? Yes i think and outdoor venue would be great to see them at.  I recall when Kate Bush did a limited concert run in London she requested that the audience not use their phones.  She wanted them to be in there at the moment.  I can completely understand that.  I couldn't get tickets to see her as they were sold out in record time. 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

Says a man.

Exactly

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Morning Dirk .Hows the head after yesterday ? ( 12th) Love Judy 

1 hour ago, Ked said:

It's a complex issue no doubt.

And I think it's disingenuous to say women are "panicking " because they want their safe space.

We had the recent rape crisis scenario where a man identifying as a woman sat in meetings whilst dressed as a man.

I also note the language you use of "you lot" sees you have little time or empathy for safe space for women .

Who are overwhelmingly more likely to fall victim to violence by men sexual or otherwise.

90% plus of assaults against women are from men . whether these men identify as women or are men. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It might be the wrong thread so happy to take a PM but what did she do in the grand scheme of things that was so different from other western democracies? I thought her message was a lot more cautious and as much as I think it was overly so I respect her for following scientific advice rather than trying to follow popular opinion. 

That took a set of balls in today's world. 

Initially her and her Govt responses to the pandemic were fine. She came across very well in the daily briefings. But then something changed. She started to believe her own publicity.  It then became a battle over who was dealing with covid better.  England or Scotland. It should never have come to that. It should have been a one nation response.  It would have meant I would have had the same antipathy towards Boris as I do to her,.  But I had liked her before covid. I also felt it gave an insight into how an Indy Scotland might be run and I didnt like it.  

13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Initially her and her Govt responses to the pandemic were fine. She came across very well in the daily briefings. But then something changed. She started to believe her own publicity.  It then became a battle over who was dealing with covid better.  England or Scotland. It should never have come to that. It should have been a one nation response.  It would have meant I would have had the same antipathy towards Boris as I do to her,.  But I had liked her before covid. I also felt it gave an insight into how an Indy Scotland might be run and I didnt like it.  

Not quite how it works but hey ho.

37 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

90% plus of assaults against women are from men . whether these men identify as women or are men. 

And no one is accusing transpeople of assaulting women in safe spaces.

But failing to recognise the importance of that as some kind of overreaction coupled with the "you lot" shows intolerance.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

And no one is accusing transpeople of assaulting women in safe spaces.

But failing to recognise the importance of that as some kind of overreaction coupled with the "you lot" shows intolerance.

yep 

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’ll probably win the shortest show time at the fringe 

6DCE96CD-E064-4C1F-8737-4B98B183B26A.jpeg

Not that I'd go but along with Sturgeon she's took some abuse .

Not quite the puerile name calling the first minister has had but still.

She's a bit different and seemed a bit more competent than a lot of her peers .From all parties.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not that I'd go but along with Sturgeon she's took some abuse .

Not quite the puerile name calling the first minister has had but still.

She's a bit different and seemed a bit more competent than a lot of her peers .From all parties.

aye to be fair to her she was able to stand her ground with Sturgeon at Hollyrood. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

aye to be fair to her she was able to stand her ground with Sturgeon at Hollyrood. 

At least we're back on the subject of Tory lies!

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

At least we're back on the subject of Tory lies!

Oh sorry does it have to be literally about Tory lies?  I thought it was just anything related to the Tories to evidence what a 

" bunch of *******s " they are?  exhibit A in my previous posting as an example.  

JudyJudyJudy

Penny Mourdant described by one reporter as " Theresa May but with bigger hair".....sexism and misogyny  alive and well  it seems. ( the question was asked by a female reporter)  Dearie me. 

Just watching her at a press conference.  She comes over very well.  She wants " team work"..  This race for PM is basically  " The Apprentice". 

She just quoted Margaret Thatcher saying that  " everyone needs A Willie " and she just said " Im a woman without a willie"   Read that into what you will. She said she was in the marines and competed against biological men so she knows quite clearly what a woman is. 

The press conference just ended and seems to be getting rave reviews.  She's the best of a bad bunch. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Fair enough. Large part of that came from I didn’t really have much to contribute to the football chat at the moment so thought I’d have a look in on some of this! 

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh sorry does it have to be literally about Tory lies?  I thought it was just anything related to the Tories to evidence what a 

" bunch of *******s " they are?  exhibit A in my previous posting as an example.  

Exhibit A?

Man unknowingly runs over cat on country lane, gets home and locals attack his house.

You think that is evidence of being a ********?

I dislike Tory MP's as much as anyone but how you have taken what you did from that article requires a severely warped view of things.

A major slip of the tounge by Elliot Campbell just now talking about Jeremy (C)Hunt🤣🤣🤣🤣

Laughable. This is just nostalgic sloganeering that has no new ideas to fix the economy that *checks notes* they've been responsible for, for 12 years.

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

A major slip of the tounge by Elliot Campbell just now talking about Jeremy (C)Hunt🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm sure this deliberate and probably a media guideline 😅

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

She was being opportunistic. It's my biggest beef about her and her Government but it's what politicians do. She was trying to put daylight between hers and the UKG as were the Welsh administration. 

She is also using the rise of ugly English nationalism to further the independence cause. I don't like that either.

But at the risk of whatabootery she has done nothing to compare with that bent fascist currently in no 10 and I have seen nothing from his prospective successors that suggests they will dampen down the nasty rhetoric either.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure what they did. Some sort of fuss. 

They were standing and refused to sit whe  tbe speaker ordered them to.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

They were standing and refused to sit whe  tbe speaker ordered them to.

And shouting at Boris Johnson. 

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

I saw that - but had to rewind it to check.....🤭

joondalupjambo

10000+ more nurses and circa 6000 more Doctors into the NHS.  Tory lie, fact or play on numbers?

Leadership candidates to fiddle with the process to cut it up amongst themselves with no membership vote?  Probably to avoid a brown face fluking the win.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Leadership candidates to fiddle with the process to cut it up amongst themselves with no membership vote?  Probably to avoid a brown face fluking the win.

Would be mainly to get rid of Boris quickly. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would be mainly to get rid of Boris quickly. 

But also expect to see all the leading candidates fall into the top cabinet posts.  Great,  another government made up of people who can't stand each other and are only formed together out of mutual benefit.

11 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I saw that - but had to rewind it to check.....🤭

I actually thought there would be an apology at the end of that interview.

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But also expect to see all the leading candidates fall into the top cabinet posts.  Great,  another government made up of people who can't stand each other and are only formed together out of mutual benefit.

I can't see it.

I saw the leadership contest described as a circular firing squad full of people with no weapons training.