More Tory lies

aussieh

34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Smells rotten 

why did Starmer deny Rayner was there before being caught out 

Time to move on. Cleared of any wrongdoing.

:greggy:

• Replies 27.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SectionDJambo

The Met police found nothing to report about the so called ABBA party in the No10 flat. No talk of rotten smells there. Even Sue Gray failed to include it in her report after a meeting with Boris Johnson.

Durham police have investigated Starmer and Rayner twice, after heavy pressure from the right wing press and some Conservative MPs, and concluded there is not enough evidence to fine anyone. 

Same result for both sides.

The biggest concern for me would be the Met police not knowing what was going on in Downing Street during lockdown rules, until later investigations, when they’re supposed to be watching over the place for national security reasons.

The Mighty Thor
38 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Smells rotten 

why did Starmer deny Rayner was there before being caught out 

Move on comrade.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

The Met police found nothing to report about the so called ABBA party in the No10 flat. No talk of rotten smells there. Even Sue Gray failed to include it in her report after a meeting with Boris Johnson.

Durham police have investigated Starmer and Rayner twice, after heavy pressure from the right wing press and some Conservative MPs, and concluded there is not enough evidence to fine anyone. 

Same result for both sides.

The biggest concern for me would be the Met police not knowing what was going on in Downing Street during lockdown rules, until later investigations, when they’re supposed to be watching over the place for national security reasons.

The fact that they sent a questionnaire also shows up the incompetent MET. 

Footballfirst

Now that Labour seems intent in calling a "no confidence" vote if BloJo doesn't go ASAP, it will put many Tory MPs into a quandary.

If a vote goes ahead, do they vote to keep BloJo in office to avoid an election.  Would they risk the negative effects of being seen to support someone whose integrity and honesty has been found to be wanting.

Alternatively would they seek to avoid a vote taking place at all, by insisting that BloJo does resign as PM (he hasn't done that as yet, as he has only intimated his intention to resign as leader of the Tories).

I think that the latter option is the more likely.  

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Now that Labour seems intent in calling a "no confidence" vote if BloJo doesn't go ASAP, it will put many Tory MPs into a quandary.

If a vote goes ahead, do they vote to keep BloJo in office to avoid an election.  Would they risk the negative effects of being seen to support someone whose integrity and honesty has been found to be wanting.

Alternatively would they seek to avoid a vote taking place at all, by insisting that BloJo does resign as PM (he hasn't done that as yet, as he has only intimated his intention to resign as leader of the Tories).

I’m not sure he even intimated his intention to resign as Tory leader, just that the party have decided he should be replaced. 

The compromise is a quick leadership election with new leader in place sooner - they are talking of end August. Boris was talking about October. 

Timetable for election due to be published on Monday. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It's the only one they can go for, they're not going to vote for him and they're not going to vote against keeping hold of power.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

It's not the sort of thing that Conservative ladies and gentlemen would discuss in polite company but you'd better believe it will be a factor somewhere down the line. 

I can't believe that the fine people of Basildon would be as willing to tick the Tory box if it could lead to a brown PM than if it were someone like Jeremy Chunt, no matter how awful the latter is and how good the former is. 

Can't or don't want to? Looks like a pretty diverse leadership race to me but please bang on besmirching the fine people of Basildon 🤷‍♂️

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/tory-leadership-contenders-2022-who-could-replace-boris-johnson-conservative-party-leader-3760136

Lord Montpelier
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha yeah we’ve got the blinkers on, folk who voted for Brexit to get rid of foreigners and take back control of their sovereignty are going to vote for someone with an Asian heritage 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😂?!?!
The news channels have been all over the many Tory constituencies asking about BJ and his successor, not a minority in sight. 

It was mentioned last night on Sky that the voters are anti-Muslim and pro Brexit, and that the next leader will need to appeal to them. 
It shouldn’t be an issue but let’s wait and see if it is. 

Sectarianism in Scotland is a bigger problem than racism in England. In my view.

Perhaps time to get the blinkers off and sort out our own house for a change. 

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Can't or don't want to? Looks like a pretty diverse leadership race to me but please bang on besmirching the fine people of Basildon 🤷‍♂️

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/politics/tory-leadership-contenders-2022-who-could-replace-boris-johnson-conservative-party-leader-3760136

Ever get the feeling some Nationalists really really want racism to be a major problem in England, almost to try prove it to themselves that they occupy the socially conscious high ground. 

Despite England being massively more ethnically and socially diverse than any part of Scotland right now. 

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sectarianism in Scotland is a bigger problem than racism in England. In my view.

I know. The bloody catholics and proddies took us out the EU. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

It's not the sort of thing that Conservative ladies and gentlemen would discuss in polite company but you'd better believe it will be a factor somewhere down the line. 

I can't believe that the fine people of Basildon would be as willing to tick the Tory box if it could lead to a brown PM than if it were someone like Jeremy Chunt, no matter how awful the latter is and how good the former is. 

I warned you yesterday. They'll latch onto it and you'll be a racist by tea time. 😂

You'll now be fighting a rearguard action for the remainder of the day. Bon chance👍

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure he even intimated his intention to resign as Tory leader, just that the party have decided he should be replaced. 

That’s the thing. Has he actually resigned yet?

All he did yesterday was praise all he thinks he’s done well and how the “herd” have ganged up on him. He never mentioned actually resigning.

No acknowledgement of the events and circumstances that led to him being told to go.

I can understand why people want him gone now. It wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to say he didn’t resign later. 
It’s so like Trump that you have to wonder if he’s still in regular touch with him for ideas.

Lord Montpelier
43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I know. The bloody catholics and proddies took us out the EU. 

MT has a big pair of ... blinkers. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

Aye that's it. My blinkers 😂

Lord Montpelier
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye that's it. My blinkers 😂

How had coming out the EU impacted you personally ? 

5 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This seems a reasonable analysis of why not and why FPN were issued.

It's much, much simpler than that.

Starmer had a beer and a bite to eat in a constituency office during an election campaign. A quick social after work, in a workplace. and a one time thing.

#10 had wild karaoke parties with suitcases of booze every few days.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

That’s the thing. Has he actually resigned yet?

All he did yesterday was praise all he thinks he’s done well and how the “herd” have ganged up on him. He never mentioned actually resigning.

No acknowledgement of the events and circumstances that led to him being told to go.

I can understand why people want him gone now. It wouldn’t surprise me if he tried to say he didn’t resign later. 
It’s so like Trump that you have to wonder if he’s still in regular touch with him for ideas.

Extremely similar, he would do anything to stay in power, he’s bought himself some time. I wouldn’t put anything past him. 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

How had coming out the EU impacted you personally ? 

Freedom of movement.

I'm also poorer as food prices are up and our energy prices are higher as we're outside the EU.

The pound has also continually devalued since 23rd June 2016 and stands 25% lower than it did then which makes my diesel cost much higher than it would have been. Same with the Euro. So all our imports are more expensive.

But it's all good and we've taken back control of our borders....oh wait immigration is at record levels.

Aye its been a rip roaring success for the little Englander racist types. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Ever get the feeling some Nationalists really really want racism to be a major problem in England, almost to try prove it to themselves that they occupy the socially conscious high ground. 

Despite England being massively more ethnically and socially diverse than any part of Scotland right now. 

Interesting that a point about the Tory party and rabid brexiteers is being taken to mean the people of England.

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

It's much, much simpler than that.

Starmer had a beer and a bite to eat in a constituency office during an election campaign. A quick social after work, in a workplace. and a one time thing.

#10 had wild karaoke parties with suitcases of booze every few days.

Yep.

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Interesting that a point about the Tory party and rabid brexiteers is being taken to mean the people of England.

You didn't disagree with the point though . 

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Freedom of movement.

I'm also poorer as food prices are up and our energy prices are higher as we're outside the EU.

The pound has also continually devalued since 23rd June 2016 and stands 25% lower than it did then which makes my diesel cost much higher than it would have been. Same with the Euro. So all our imports are more expensive.

But it's all good and we've taken back control of our borders....oh wait immigration is at record levels.

Aye its been a rip roaring success for the little Englander racist types. 

What country have you now been able to get in ? 

Will you condemn the SNPs handling of sectarianism?

Pasquale for King

That’s complete rubbish even for you, racism caused Brexit and is hitting the whole of the U.K. to the tune of around £30b year, and all the other problems it’s caused. 
Sectarianism is most definitely a problem, but doesn’t affect the governance of the country to such an extent, no deportations to Rwanda for example, migrants are more than welcome here. 
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/20/racism-on-the-rise-since-brexit-vote-nationwide-study-reveals

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You didn't disagree with the point though . 

I didn't tell you about it anyway.

Like I say, the original point was about Tories and rabid brexiteers. It's interesting who sees that as being analogous to England.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What country have you now been able to get in ? 

That's not what freedom of movement was. Look it up. It's freely available on the interweb. 

If you've read any of my posts on here, in particular on the SNP threads, you'll know that in my view sectarianism is Scotland cancer. 

Pishy whataboutery stuff is not going to get you very far I'm afraid. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

:laugh2: mate you need to stop fantasising that you're in parliament

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Some serious straw grasping and tears and snotters in the last few pages.

:verysmug:

Fo shizzle. 

It's been a pretty rough week for the union types. The death throes are great to watch. 😂

Significantly, I'd go as far to guess that if Scotland was as diverse as England it may...whisper it...be even worse for racism.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Significantly, I'd go as far to guess that if Scotland was as diverse as England it may...whisper it...be even worse for racism.

Don't say that you might upset Smiteeee and MT with a dose of realism

23 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's almost as though it was laid entirely at the door of the English just the other day on this thread...can't have it both ways.

Lord Montpelier
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's not what freedom of movement was. Look it up. It's freely available on the interweb. 

If you've read any of my posts on here, in particular on the SNP threads, you'll know that in my view sectarianism is Scotland cancer. 

Pishy whataboutery stuff is not going to get you very far I'm afraid. 

You think you are skint now just wait until your fantasy indy yes referendum, you'll be fighting for the scraps from the Murrells table. But all in the name of self determination and freedom, eh. 

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It’s the brits who are sectarian arseholes no? The no surrender gang? Won’t see many saltires amongst that lot. 

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's almost as though it was laid entirely at the door of the English just the other day on this thread...can't have it both ways.

I don't know what you're talking about mate, I'm talking about the guy who suggested the Tories and rabid brexiteers might have a problem voting for a brown face as leader

Lord Montpelier
22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fo shizzle. 

It's been a pretty rough week for the union types. The death throes are great to watch. 😂

Boris going is a good week for the Union. Someone more capable will replace him.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think if you lived in the diverse Kingdom of Gorgie or even in the most densely populated area in Scotland down in Leith you would see extremely little racism, apart from a bit of graffiti. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the brits who are sectarian arseholes no? The no surrender gang? Won’t see many saltires amongst that lot. 

I've seen enough in my time in Scotland to realise both sides of the religious divide are culpable.  

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think if you lived in the diverse Kingdom of Gorgie or even in the most densely populated area in Scotland down in Leith you would see extremely little racism, apart from a bit of graffiti. 

And little diversity as well compared to parts of England. You are obviously not well travelled. 

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I've seen enough in my time in Scotland to realise both sides of the religious divide are culpable.  

The other ones wave Irish tricolours? 
Don’t see too many saltires that side either. 

manaliveits105
15 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Boris going is a good week for the Union. Someone more capable will replace him.

Yes indeed and nae section 30 whoever takes over 

Lord Montpelier
Just now, jack D and coke said:

The other ones wave Irish tricolours? 
Don’t see too many saltires that side either. 

Like i say, I've seen both sides culpable. Am please I didn't have to grow up with it. Folk need to ditch the IRA and orange order nonsence. Won't though, its what defines them.

The Mighty Thor
33 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Scotland is relatively diverse in its own way.  Edinburgh has had many immigrant people integrate into the city over many years. Italians, Sikh, Pakistani, Chinese and probably most recently Polish.

I'll assume you've got something to back up how we'd PROBABLY be more racist?

19 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You think you are skint now just wait until your fantasy indy yes referendum, you'll be fighting for the scraps from the Murrells table. But all in the name of self determination and freedom, eh. 

Made up stuff. Yay. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Evidently not as Johnson stuffed his cabinet with amoral talentless no marks. 

Replacing the driver is not going to stop the bus careering off the cliff I'm afraid as Johnson cut the economic brakes. 

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Like i say, I've seen both sides culpable. Am please I didn't have to grow up with it. Folk need to ditch the IRA and orange order nonsence. Won't though, its what defines them.

Yeah the brits here do need to sort themselves out I agree. 
The other mob done it in defence of still not being welcome here by brits centuries later. 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Scotland is relatively diverse in its own way.  Edinburgh has had many immigrant people integrate into the city over many years. Italians, Sikh, Pakistani, Chinese and probably most recently Polish.

I'll assume you've got something to back up how we'd PROBABLY be more racist?

Made up stuff. Yay. 

Evidently not as Johnson stuffed his cabinet with amoral talentless no marks. 

Replacing the driver is not going to stop the bus careering off the cliff I'm afraid as Johnson cut the economic brakes. 

If you think Boris' cabinet was bad take a look at Sturgeons. But at least the ones in number 10 finally had the guts to put up a challenge.