• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Cop out imo. As I say, if England, Wales and NI voted exactly the same, Scotland could have prevented it by voting to do so in greater numbers than 1.6 million. It didn't, because it's not as overwhelmingly pro-EU as is made out, in fact only 40% were so bothered as to tick the remain box.

I don't disagree with your wider point though 👍

👍

6 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Where you getting this number from? There was a 15% difference, even using you're mad maffs skillz, that's 1 in 5

38% and 53%. 

Where are you getting a 15% difference from? 

I'm not good at maths though, so happy for you to correct it 👍

Edited by Taffin

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Imaman said:

Alistair Campbell just ripped Kate Burley a new one. Left her in a screaming heap with no credibly by saying that she (they) were guilty of propping up a liar and a charlatan and a crook. 
Quality viewing. 😀

I only just watched that.

I hate being fair to Burley but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on that ripping, in that she claimed that Bozo was the "most successful PM" of the century when she almost immediately corrected that to say that he'd had the most successful general election performance. Not before AC opened fire on her first statement, though.

Wonderful viewing.

jack D and coke

Was that our lord Jesus Christ who made that speech btw? Javid you’re as bad as the rest son :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy

To summarise Javid statement 

“ I want to be the next PM” 

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should have a GE. 

We will need a good few of them before anything is properly fixed.  Better to have a referendum 😀👍

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should have a GE. 

Why? People voted for this.

Democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be when too many of the electorate are stark raving lunatics!

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Was that our lord Jesus Christ who made that speech btw? Javid you’re as bad as the rest son :lol: 

Yep seems a bible thumper too 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep seems a bible thumper too 

He is a non practicing  Muslim 

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That's the second time he's resigned from a Johnson cabinet. His speech is getting more fine tuned.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Imaman said:

He is a non practicing  Muslim 

That’s just like saying im a non practising  homosexual 

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

38% and 53%. 

Where are you getting a 15% difference from? 

I'm not good at maths though, so happy for you to correct it 👍

53-38 = 15.

3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

53-38 = 15.

Which as a whole human out of 10, is? 4 and 5, a difference of 1 human per 10.

It's also not a 15% difference.

I may have "mad maffs skillz", but it would appear I'm not alone.

Edited by Taffin

Just now, Taffin said:

Which as a whole human out of 10, is?

2, if you were to round things in the conventional mathematical manner.

40 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Unless we all emigrate then it is the only one we have got.

Not if we get independence. (sorry off topic) 

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Which as a whole human out of 10, is? 4 and 5, a difference of 1 human per 10.

It's also not a 15% difference.

I may have "mad maffs skillz", but it would appear I'm not alone.

You most certainly are alone. You round up from from 5 [0,1,2,3,4] and [5,6,7,8,9]. Anyway the point I was making is that you were being delibrately obtuse with the numbers and even then, you were wrong.

Edited by jambo89

25 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

We will need a good few of them before anything is properly fixed.  Better to have a referendum 😀👍

Correct. 👍

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be when too many of the electorate are stark raving lunatics!

Did they though? 

14 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

2, if you were to round things in the conventional mathematical manner.

My understanding of rounding to a significant figure would result in 40 and 50. 

What's the conventional mathematical manner?

Edited by Taffin

8 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

You most certainly are alone. You round up from from 5 [0,1,2,3,4] and [5,6,7,8,9]. Anyway the point I was making is that you were being delibrately obtuse with the numbers and even then, you were wrong.

I'm not being obtuse. Why would you round up from 53? 

And the 15% difference, explain that one please?

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

My understanding of rounding to a significant figure would result in 40 and 50. 

What's the conventional mathematical manner?

40 and 50? What the deuce?

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Percentages are a leveller, an intuitive way to compare ratios. 38% voted leave in Scotland, that figure was 15% higher in England.

That equates to 1.5 in 10, which is rounded up to 2 if you're doing things by normal rounding 

But there's no reason to do that when you could just say 3 in 20, or even 15 actual people in 100.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

40 and 50? What the deuce?

38% and 53%. What are they as rounded significant numbers to out of 10? 

I make that 4 and 5. You're saying I'm wrong, I'm asking why. I'm not being flippant, or smart...I just don't get why that is incorrect 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I make that 4 and 5. You're saying I'm wrong, I'm asking why. I'm not being flippant, or smart...I just don't get why that is incorrect 

I don't get why you are rounding up and down 38% and 53%. What's your logic there?

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

What is there to explain? 53% and 38% is a difference of 15% as in, 15% more people voted leave in England than they did in Scotland. You were the one who rounded down from 15 and said it was 1 in 10 people. All I pointed out was that is wrong, and if you're going to round the numbers, you round up from 15 to 20 (or 1 in 5 to go back to your original point). This surely isn't a revealtion to you? It's basic Primary school mathematics.

Using Taffinomics, if 1 in 10 isn't a chasm would 1 in 5 be classed as one?

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Percentages are a leveller, an intuitive way to compare ratios. 38% voted leave in Scotland, that figure was 15% higher in England.

That equates to 1.5 in 10, which is rounded up to 2 if you're doing things by normal rounding 

But there's no reason to do that when you could just say 3 in 20, or even 15 actual people in 100.

It's not 15 per cent higher; it's 15 percentage points higher. 15 out of 38 means it's 39.5% higher.

Source: BSc Mathematics (with Distinction) University of Aberdeen.

Also - I haven't got a clue what you're arguing; it doesn't seem to be Tory lies but numbers being bamfuddled annoys me 👍

Edited by I P Knightley

Why you rounding those numbers up? If that;s the case, then Brexit was a dead heat. Totally bizzare to try and argue against basic maths to make a non important point.

7 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

What is there to explain? 53% and 38% is a difference of 15% as in, 15% more people voted leave in England than they did in Scotland. You were the one who rounded down from 15 and said it was 1 in 10 people. All I pointed out was that is wrong, and if you're going to round the numbers, you round up from 15 to 20 (or 1 in 5 to go back to your original point). This surely isn't a revealtion to you? It's basic Primary school mathematics.

Using Taffinomics, if 1 in 10 isn't a chasm would 1 in 5 be classed as one?

I'm not rounding down from 15. I'm rounding 53 to 50 and 38 to 40 to get full humans out of 10.

It probably is a weird way of doing it but hey ho. 

I don't get why you can't/won't follow that, sorry.

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's not 15 per cent higher; it's 15 percentage points higher. 15 out of 38 means it's 39.5% higher.

Also - I haven't got a clue what you're arguing; it doesn't seem to be Tory lies but numbers being bamfuddled annoys me 👍

I was just making the point, that on Brexit, there was some chasm of difference between England and Wales. Enough, for sure, but not enough to paint a national unity imo.

A side point, that's off topic and I'll drop now 👍

Edited by Taffin

I P Knightley
32 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s just like saying im a non practising  homosexual 

No it's not.

He was (I assume) raised in a Muslim family and, I would imagine, had parents who did their best for him to practice the Muslim faith. Still guessing, but I suspect he has no inclination to going back to 'practising' Islam.

Meanwhile, I've seen your posts about Berretini and suspect that, perhaps, the 'non-practising' part is maybe not a conscious decision.

(Not intending to have a go. Another analogy might be that Annabel Croft is a non-practising Mrs Knightley :D)

I'm not rounding down from 15. I'm rounding 53 to 50 and 38 to 40.

Because that's wrong and only a mental person would do that! I assumed you weren't mental, sorry.

Edit: only jesting with the mental spiel in case anyone / you are offended.

You only ever round the final number / answer, which in this case is 15 (53-38). That is pretty basic stuff

Edited by jambo89

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

15 points then, a difference of 15 people per hundred.

Not my argument, I was hoping to clarify.

Just now, Taffin said:

I'm not rounding down from 15. I'm rounding 53 to 50 and 38 to 40.

The percentages are out of 100. Why are you trying to force them out of 10 and round them to whole numbers?

15% of 100 people = 15 people

15% of 10 people = 1.5 people

Don't **** with the percentages.

1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

Because that's wrong and only a mental person would do that! I assumed you weren't mental, sorry.

Cool, well let's agree to disagree. I think describing it as 15% difference is mental too...which is why almost straight away I said we're both poor at maths, I'm more than happy to accept I am 😂

Just now, Ray Gin said:

The percentages are out of 100. Why are you trying to force them out of 10 and round them to whole numbers?

Just now, Ray Gin said:

15% of 100 people = 15 people

15% of 10 people = 1.5 people

Don't **** with the percentages.

That makes sense to me. 

Unknown user
Just now, Taffin said:

Cool, well let's agree to disagree. I think describing it as 15% difference is mental too...which is why almost straight away I said we're both poor at maths, I'm more than happy to accept I am 😂

Apparently it is mental, it's 15 percentage points

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

No it's not.

He was (I assume) raised in a Muslim family and, I would imagine, had parents who did their best for him to practice the Muslim faith. Still guessing, but I suspect he has no inclination to going back to 'practising' Islam.

Meanwhile, I've seen your posts about Berretini and suspect that, perhaps, the 'non-practising' part is maybe not a conscious decision.

(Not intending to have a go. Another analogy might be that Annabel Croft is a non-practising Mrs Knightley :D)

I kind of meant once religion has been indoctrinated into you , it can be hard to get it out of one’s system 

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Okay, we'll agree that 53-38 is not 15 if it makes you happy. It's almost as if the tory lies are spilling over to the genreal population.

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I kind of meant once religion has been indoctrinated into you , it can be hard to get it out of one’s system 

I'll get back to you on that once I get back from confession for my impure thoughts about Simona Halep.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Very true.
This thread was started over two years before the crackpots voted them in with a huge majority.

Anyone with half a brain knew what was coming, even without a pandemic.

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Okay, we'll agree that 53-38 is not 15 if it makes you happy. It's almost as if the tory lies are spilling over to the genreal population.

You can have impure thoughts of you want , just go to confession after , that’s the beauty of the catholic faith 😂

Democracy is fine, even if the voting public are morons.  

First Past The Post is the problem, where a minority of morons get to dictate everything that happens.