More Tory lies

aussieh

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'll get back to you on that once I get back from confession for my impure thoughts about Simona Halep.

Btw she’s thrashing Amanda ! Get that out your head 😂

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Democracy is fine, even if the voting public are morons.  

First Past The Post is the problem, where a minority of morons get to dictate everything that happens.

In First Past the Post it's actually a remarkably small number of voters who decide the result. 

https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk/first-past-the-post

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Why? People voted for this.

Democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be when too many of the electorate are stark raving lunatics!

Many did, although I'd say many others voted for Boris and getting Brexit done, with this as a side effect.

There's a big credibility gap for the Tories just now, who knows how they see things panning out?

55 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes.

There has been a material change in circumstances. The Government is unstable. The people have a right to re-elect a Government that works in their interests. 

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Bye, bye, ya fat mess !

He won’t go as he’s not finished yet!

image.jpeg.f6a884c7d87d8b7afd9fe0602440c505.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There has been a material change in circumstances. The Government is unstable. The people have a right to re-elect a Government that works in their interests. 

The Tories were unstable at the last election too...and they did just what you suggest. They re-elected a government they believed works in their interests. This sorry state of affairs should come as no surprise to anyone. People wanted these clowns, now they've got them. 

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Many did, although I'd say many others voted for Boris and getting Brexit done, with this as a side effect.

There's a big credibility gap for the Tories just now, who knows how they see things panning out?

They'll probably still win the next election. It's bonkers.

That said, I don't know what the solution is. If there was an election tomorrow I wouldn't bother voting. None of them speak to me.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Cop out imo. As I say, if England, Wales and NI voted exactly the same, Scotland could have prevented it by voting to do so in greater numbers than 1.6 million. It didn't, because it's not as overwhelmingly pro-EU as is made out, in fact only 40% were so bothered as to tick the remain box.

I don't disagree with your wider point though 👍

This is all coming down to semantics and what maths you choose to take 😄
Using similar logic with only just over 1m Leave votes, that means only 25% of the population wanted to leave the EU which you could skew as heavily anti leave!

For a Scottish vote to have made a difference, you would have needed about 80% turnout and a 70% yes vote.

So, I guess to agree on some kind of consensus, we can say that Scotland whilst being the most Pro EU part of the UK by a fair margin, isn't emphatically pro EU as some might say.

Would have been interesting though if the Scottish vote had say been the one that tipped the country remain. We'd probably have had a rerun then...

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

The Tories were unstable at the last election too...and they did just what you suggest. They re-elected a government they believed works in their interests. This sorry state of affairs should come as no surprise to anyone. People wanted these clowns, now they've got them. 

That said, I don't know what the solution is. If there was an election tomorrow I wouldn't bother voting. None of them speak to me.

I have to agree with this! Although the solution, for me at least, is independence, but there is a seperate thread for that.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They probably will !

In washing powder marketing parlance, it will be a new, improved Tories !

And they'll get in again.

Only onevway out of this, but as 89 has said, for another thread !

Just now, Cade said:

Twenty-seven resignations

count.gif

Man alive! It'll be 105 by the end of the day at this rate! 

:greggy: 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:laugh2:

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

:biglaugh:

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ouch !

😂

The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

4814014643_b2e1da67c5.jpg

The Mighty Thor

Now this may have been lost in the current frivolity, but has anyone heard from Mooth or Wee Doogz? 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Now this may have been lost in the current frivolity, but has anyone heard from Mooth or Wee Doogz? 

Rumour has it that wee Doogz was spinning around in circles so quickly that he broke the space-time continuum and is now lost in interdimensional space somewhere.

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Doudlas Ross the flip flopper extraordinaire. First he wanted him to resign, then he backs him and now no doubt he will want him to resign again. This guy knows how to back a winning horse eh!

In full lying Mode now as is he grilled over meeting that Russian chap 😰

C5BDB75A-8CF9-4458-A0AA-D5CEB9E8DF34.jpeg

Edited by Imaman

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Mibees aye, Mibees naw !

C5BDB75A-8CF9-4458-A0AA-D5CEB9E8DF34.jpeg

He is coming across a clues before this committee. Floundering at every question. He’s going to be doing a lot of writing this evening. 

hughesie27

Who sort of jobs did most of those 31 MPs so far hold/held. Are they basically Cabinet assistants?

Edited by hughesie27

Footballfirst

One of the Liaison Committee members has submitted his letter while the meeting was in progress. 

How is your week going PM. Terrific was his answer🤣

Edited by Imaman

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, Cade said:

Backbenchers refusing to fill the empty roles.

:scenes:

That was always going to happen, BoJo will simply run out of people to fulfill the vacant roles, which means either he goes or the government falls, and the men in grey suits won't let that happen, so BoJo will have to go, dragging and screaming if necessary.

Is Boris a hibby as he's off the scale delusional with some of the bollocks he's telling this committee 

33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Rumour has it that wee Doogz was spinning around in circles so quickly that he broke the space-time continuum and is now lost in interdimensional space somewhere.

If we could just hook a generator up to the perpeptually revolving buffoon...

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Not if we get independence. (sorry off topic) 

Yep just posted similar to that prior to yours😀

Edited by joondalupjambo

At the liaison committee Darren Jones quotes a passage about what happens when a regime runs out of authority.
It is this quote:

"When a regime has been in power too long, when it has fatally exhausted the patience of the people, and when oblivion finally beckons – I am afraid that across the world you can rely on the leaders of that regime to act solely in the interests of self-preservation, and not in the interests of the electorate."

Jones asks Boris Johnson who wrote that.

Knowing full well that he wrote this himself, about Labour, Johnson suggests the author might have been Cicero, or Aristotle, or Montesquieu.

::troll::