4BF30D25-EE52-4BF8-93D0-07C28A8BA7EA.jpeg

Bobby Charlton comb-over :rofl:

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why do MP’s look this weird :lol: 

Tories have a certain look about them especially. Nonce like😆

You should work for the police or social work if you can spot " Nonces" out from just looking at them. Dearie me. Talk about scraping the barrel. 

jack D and coke
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You should work for the police or social work if you can spot " Nonces" out from just looking at them. Dearie me. Talk about scraping the barrel. 

This one of yir tory days aye? 

:wattie:

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

This one of yir tory days aye? 

:wattie:

😂😂😂

1E1705DE-37A8-46D8-94BD-8F8EA4EA0BA7.jpeg

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

100% needs his hard drive checked.

Edited by Ray Gin

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Cade said:

Knowledge and expertise is seen as being elitist.

Seems to be heading that way.

Wasn't it one of the Brexiteer bovver boys who proudly said "We've had enough of experts"  ?  

:facepalm:

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Cade said:

There is a serious brain drain in Westminster (and the UK at large). Ignorance is seen as a virtue. Knowledge and expertise is seen as being elitist.

I don't think the current lot are any better or worse than their predecessors TBH. I think the difference nowadays is that everything they say and do is reported instantly and amplified and is all over social media in minutes rather than being tucked away in the pages of Hansard. In the old days only certain nuggets were lifted and trotted out in the respective coloured rosette media outlets. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Seems to be heading that way.

Wasn't it one of the Brexiteer bovver boys who proudly said "We've had enough of experts"  ?  

:facepalm:

It was Gove. 

He'd had enough of experts. An expert being anyone with half a brain who could see his party's Brexit proposals were utter bollocks. 

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It was Gove. 

He'd had enough of experts. An expert being anyone with half a brain who could see his party's Brexit proposals were utter bollocks. 

Ah... right 👍  Just imagine .......  a prominent member of the Oxford Uni Debating Society giving up on trying to counter the views of knowledgeable  folk on the Remain side   through reasoned debate.   The man was - and still is  - shameless.

I genuinely can't get my head around it who votes the likes of Dorries , Raab and Mogg in.Do they just have the safest seats going and basically anybody that ran for the Tory party would get in.

dobmisterdobster
16 hours ago, Smithee said:

Don't be that guy, there are legitimate concerns, not least of which is that Dorries didn't even know they weren't state funded until after the announcement.

Channel 4 isn't license fee funded. It's a state corporation who has its finances underwritten by the taxpayer.

Channel 4's current structure is an anachronism from the 1990 Broadcasting Act. Selling them off now is a good idea with changing habits in how people consume media.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Jesus Christ that can’t be the best photo they’ve got of that guy. 😂

That must be a wind up, we are generally a good looking sort. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Channel 4 isn't license fee funded. It's a state corporation who has its finances underwritten by the taxpayer.

Channel 4's current structure is an anachronism from the 1990 Broadcasting Act. Selling them off now is a good idea with changing habits in how people consume media.

It isn't state funded and there's no good reason to sell them off.

dobmisterdobster
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It isn't state funded and there's no good reason to sell them off.

Television is a dying medium. We will be having the same conversation about the BBC in the future

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Television is a dying medium. We will be having the same conversation about the BBC in the future

Scheduled Television is dying without a doubt. We’ll always consume lots of media through whatever on iPlayer or More 4 etc. I’m sure they’re as well aware as all of us that the way we watch is changing. 
C4 will end being bought by some media giant and they lose what was so unique about them. 
I don’t know if this is wholly accurate but seen it today. 
Netflix is seen as the way forward?

49EB0382-CD5E-4A32-BA57-9E5F74F22E9E.jpeg

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Jesus Christ that can’t be the best photo they’ve got of that guy. 😂

That must be a wind up, we are generally a good looking sort. 

I believe ye pal. Millions widnae😜

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

What's the good reason for selling it off?

maroonlegions

So "feather the nest" and feck the rest then..

277580656_4937429429701834_3516185145842135678_n (2).png

Edited by maroonlegions

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So "feather the nest" and feck the rest then..

277580656_4937429429701834_3516185145842135678_n (2).png

He's a tosser. 

maroonlegions
34 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's a tosser. 

Cold blooded reptile too.

Lacking any kind of human empathy..  

Still can't get my head around why they think it's a useful idea to give away £330 worth of NIC to the 'haves' in society who don't need it.  The people,  myself included,  who have a bit of wiggle room to make economies.  Every single tax pound to be given away should be given to the people who are already struggling.

It's really just buying votes.  Buying votes with food out of the mouths of hungry children.

Utter scum.

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Still can't get my head around why they think it's a useful idea to give away £330 worth of NIC to the 'haves' in society who don't need it.  The people,  myself included,  who have a bit of wiggle room to make economies.  Every single tax pound to be given away should be given to the people who are already struggling.

It's really just buying votes.  Buying votes with food out of the mouths of hungry children.

Utter scum.

Even Tory members hate him now. Came second bottom of recent poll. Only Priti Patel was below him. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He's a tosser. 

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Utter scum.

Fair comments.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just for balance this is the Tory councillor in edinburgh 

Councillor details - Councillor Andrew Johnston - Modern Council (edinburgh.gov.uk)

bigpic.jpg

Edited by JamesM48

maroonlegions
35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Utter scum.

Yes i agree 100& 

But who are they selling their votes too..??

Who would buy their vote on their  insidious NIC tax increases??

Surely the wealthy dont vote these multimillionaires in???

The poor, the less well off and even the middle classes are well worse off..??   

Edited by maroonlegions

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Yes i agree 100& 

But who are they selling their votes too..??

Who would buy their vote on their  insidious NIC tax increases??

Surely the wealthy dont vote these multimillionaires in???

The poor, the less well off and even the middle classes are well worse off..??   

It's the middle ground.  The 

NIC rate is up by 1.25% but the threshold is going up later.  The threshold increase provides a flat rate tax break of £330 across the board.  Low paid workers will be net gainers and high paid net losers.  The area in between is where lots of people are who will have their tax losses via the 1.25% cancelled out or greatly diminished by the £330 flat rate gain via the new threshold.  That's very much the target area of Tory vote considerations.  Much higher paid people are already incentivised to vote Tory because they already do a good job of preserving the wealth of the well off at the expense of others.  The average / mean / median earning niche is where the swing vote exists.  Those people tend to have some choices they can make to ease inflationary pressures on the household budget.  Poor people are even starting to reduce the amount of food they buy that requires cooking.

Give every giveaway tax pound to the poor.

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's the middle ground.  The 

NIC rate is up by 1.25% but the threshold is going up later.  The threshold increase provides a flat rate tax break of £330 across the board.  Low paid workers will be net gainers and high paid net losers.  The area in between is where lots of people are who will have their tax losses via the 1.25% cancelled out or greatly diminished by the £330 flat rate gain via the new threshold.  That's very much the target area of Tory vote considerations.  Much higher paid people are already incentivised to vote Tory because they already do a good job of preserving the wealth of the well off at the expense of others.  The average / mean / median earning niche is where the swing vote exists.  Those people tend to have some choices they can make to ease inflationary pressures on the household budget.  Poor people are even starting to reduce the amount of food they buy that requires cooking.

Give every giveaway tax pound to the poor.

and there are also those weird so  called " working class" people * some of them i may add,  who vote Tory as almost an affirmation that they are doing very well in society.  A status symbol almost. 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

and there are also those weird so  called " working class" people * some of them i may add,  who vote Tory as almost an affirmation that they are doing very well in society.  A status symbol almost. 

I don't buy into the idea that great numbers of people vote Tory out of purely aspirational but not tangible motives.  I tend to think they do because they have the belief that they are better off personally,  compared to alternatives.  It's all about perceptions and the almost admirable ability of the Tories to create the perception that there are no alternatives.

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

When you say "television", do you mean the actual modern 32-inch digital device in the corner of your room ..... the one which has the tech to receive its input signal in several ways ?

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I don't buy into the idea that great numbers of people vote Tory out of purely aspirational but not tangible motives.  I tend to think they do because they have the belief that they are better off personally,  compared to alternatives.  It's all about perceptions and the almost admirable ability of the Tories to create the perception that there are no alternatives.

👍

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Aye.... you're probably bang-on with that assessment.   Your last point is ably assisted by a disgracefully biased core of mainstream papers who vilify opposition leaders at every opportunity - like the "Red Ed"  stuff back in 2015.    Totally over the top, and should have been slapped down by Ofcom.   Compared to his successor, Miliband was barely pink on the political colour pallet. :smile:

Another factor in how folk make up their minds on how to vote is the  personality of the leaders, imo.   Love him or hate him, Boris is a big personality - as well as being a big **** and a liar - and he's in the headlines every day for something or other.  Poor old Sir Keir just can't get much traction in that department, no matter what his policies turn out to be.  Ed Davey is similarly struggling.

I think we have the same issue at Holyrood, skewed a bit due to the Indy debate.    Better the devil you know ......... plus she's bought some goodwill as a political leader during Covid - although she should be thanking the impressive senior health leaders  we have in Scotland for that.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Not sure how that'd work out for them here in the shed...more likely to get a pitchfork up the jacksie. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Definitely reptilian. Even has the eyes going wrong ways!

LOL takes all sorts. 

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Itchy Bawsack did you say? 

Great guy. 

Yaaaaaassssss

Keep voting Tory you mugs!

I made a point about people as wealthy as Sunak making decisions for people struggling. I mean a man with more money that 20-30 people could spend in a lifetime knows exactly what it’s like for families seeing bad times approaching. They shouid be absolutely nowhere near this stuff. He apparently spends over 80% of appointments with bankers and high finance. This doesn’t shine too well on him either. He’s a little rodent and his and his wife’s reputation going right down the shitter of late has been fully deserved. 

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I made a point about people as wealthy as Sunak making decisions for people struggling. I mean a man with more money that 20-30 people could spend in a lifetime knows exactly what it’s like for families seeing bad times approaching. They shouid be absolutely nowhere near this stuff. He apparently spends over 80% of appointments with bankers and high finance. This doesn’t shine too well on him either. He’s a little rodent and his and his wife’s reputation going right down the shitter of late has been fully deserved. 

Disgusting.

The Village Idiot will be along to justify it.

Footballfirst

No doubt we will get the oft quoted line from Tory MPs that she pays all the UK taxes that she is legally required to do so, i.e. she pays the minimum that she can get away with.

Change the tax laws to tax her more, one might ask. That's all very well, but when her husband is responsible for tax laws it ain't going to happen.

Oh, and she did claim furlough payments from HMRC during the lockdowns.  

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No doubt we will get the oft quoted line from Tory MPs that she pays all the UK taxes that she is legally required to do so, i.e. she pays the minimum that she can get away with.

Change the tax laws to tax her more, one might ask. That's all very well, but when her husband is responsible for tax laws it ain't going to happen.

I wouldn’t expect anything else from them.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The non dom declaration is suspect too. 
I appreciate Richard Murphy might not be taken too seriously by brit cult tory nonces as he speaks up for indy Scotland quite regularly but decent thread doubting her status. 
https://twitter.com/richardjmurphy/status/1511964400978214912?s=21&t=-DuydIB51iK68rMBXCWiuw

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Regardless of income don’t we all try to pay as little tax as legally possible ? There would be a lot of unemployed accountants if we didn’t. Reducing your tax liabilities isn’t just for the millionaires. 

Footballfirst
18 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Regardless of income don’t we all try to pay as little tax as legally possible ? There would be a lot of unemployed accountants if we didn’t. Reducing your tax liabilities isn’t just for the millionaires. 

Indeed, but such tax arrangements as non-dom status strangely only appear available to the very wealthy, who can afford to employ the best tax advisors.

If her status is as suggested by Richard Murphy above, then HMRC should be denying her the right to claim to be non domiciled.