More Tory lies

aussieh

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I see the third runway at Heathrow without overrun or overspend will be just short of half of what Scotland’s annual pocket money from WM is. 

A whole “subsidised” country vs some tarmac. 

Incredible. 

SNP are all for the 3rd runway. Demanded 100 extra landing slots for Scottish flights iirc. Failed yet again as were given 200!!! :laugh:

• Replies 27.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

Just out of interest, how would this expansion to Heathrow be funded?

Privately funded obviously but they don’t do it for free. £15bn will turn into £115bn by the time it’s paid for. 

Im not necessarily against the runway either it’s makes no odds to me. 

Its an incredible sum of money for a length of tarmac was really my point. 

And hopefully Boris Johnson does lie down in front of the diggers just before they start. Get rid of the lying twat. 

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Privately funded obviously but they don’t do it for free. £15bn will turn into £115bn by the time it’s paid for. 

And hopefully Boris Johnson does lie down in front of the diggers just before they start. Get rid of the lying twat. 

So there is no relevance in terms of “Scotland’s pocket money from WM”. 

Geoff the Mince
20 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

So there is no relevance in terms of “Scotland’s pocket money from WM”. 

Are you a Tory ? 

Thunderstruck
40 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Are you a Tory ? 

Irrelevant. The boy tried to look smart and failed. 

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Irrelevant. The boy tried to look smart and failed. 

I tried to look smart? I’m not the one who constantly comes across like a smart arse with shite like “could you tell me” or “any idea where” everytime you answer a post like nobody has any clue on here except you and you do it constantly mate :lol:  

I showed the nonsense of the money being spent on a mile of tarmac in comparison to what Scotland gets for pocket money for an entire country, private money or not the public will pay billions for it. Way, way over the £15bn it’s apparently costing. 

28 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I get it’s not the point but third runway at Heathrow is hardly a mile of tarmac!

It’s a monstorois project which encompasses a huge amount of infrastructure change tunnelling and bridging over m25 whilst live, train alterations which would make EDinburgh tram scheme like a kids play set, land purchases costs etc etc.

The fact that is so expensive is more a comment on the complexity and size of the whole thing as opposed to a indication is underfunded or whatever. They are not in reality linked, particularly considering the funding as they’re not comparable.

It will be 2-3 time more expensive than the cost of olympics. That should give people an idea of all that’s involved, it ain’t a mile of tarmac that’s for sure!!!

That sounds about right to me. 

So does the fact that the government (ie us) will probably be left with a massive bill when it runs over its initial budget (& it will). 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Thunderstruck
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I get it’s not the point but third runway at Heathrow is hardly a mile of tarmac!

It’s a monstorois project which encompasses a huge amount of infrastructure change tunnelling and bridging over m25 whilst live, train alterations which would make EDinburgh tram scheme like a kids play set, land purchases costs etc etc.

The fact that is so expensive is more a comment on the complexity and size of the whole thing as opposed to a indication is underfunded or whatever. They are not in reality linked, particularly considering the funding as they’re not comparable.

It will be 2-3 time more expensive than the cost of olympics. That should give people an idea of all that’s involved, it ain’t a mile of tarmac that’s for sure!!!

Heathrow does have a good record on large projects. Terminal 5 was on time and under budget as was the smaller but still complex T2 which opened a couple of years ago. 

I suspect that some are looking at Crossrail for portents of doom but that is a project of enormous complexity with many challenges in the geology, the substructures of the existing built environment and existing tunnel and utilities infrastructure. 

I am sure that those funding the 3rd runway will want to ensure that the culture adopted for T5 is carried into this. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

9F5BD69C-322E-4F33-B101-5C11F4C645B4.jpeg

Burgon has a very short memory. Gordon Brown completed over 900 PFI schemes with a total capital value of £56 billion – yet the amount the taxpayer will have to repay stood at £229 billion in 20112. In one particular egregious example of how not to negotiate a contract a Hospital in Kent was completed at a cost of £118million but the final cost the NHS £1.2billion. 

Fire Service has asked for military support to tackle the Saddleworth Moor fires.     The government has yet to ok it.

Seriously ****ed up people.

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

They're going to build the new runway on Angle Park Terrace?  :tongue:

Aye well done...

That’ll be the “trickle down” economics that they sold to us eh?

B79788FF-D8DA-47BA-9E46-24DBE67F01B2.jpeg

Edited by Pans Jambo

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye well done...

No wonder the belters had to go down to "the pans" on a regular basis and knock seven bells out of you idiots! :laugh:

Thunderstruck
4 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

Imagine the coverage this would get if it was tied to the SNP, no mention of it today in our corrupt press.

https://theferret.scot/secretive-trust-scottish-tories-dark-money/

Legal but unethical. They and other political organisations will get away with sailing close to the wind as long as the Electoral Commission remains unreformed. 

I haven’t read much recently on Brian Souter, ethics and donations. How did that pan out?

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye well done...

That's what the Tories understand and Labour etc. don't. Money makes money. Debt increases quickly if spending is not kept in check. Excess money can be put to work to make more money. 

If the country continue to operate in a deficit, the debt will just keep piling up and then we can't afford to spend as much money on core services.

Austerity is just spending within our means. Common sense

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, Hasselhoff said:

That's what the Tories understand and Labour etc. don't. Money makes money. Debt increases quickly if spending is not kept in check. Excess money can be put to work to make more money. 

If the country continue to operate in a deficit, the debt will just keep piling up and then we can't afford to spend as much money on core services.

I used to think this too but I’ve been following an account on Twitter called debt owls who explain government debt. 

Seems it’s all a bit different to what we’re told. 

Obviously this pic is for the US but it’s the same here. 

C0A4DE1A-1E26-4C67-A87C-E9A5C638346E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hasselhoff said:

Yeah, but what the Conservatives want to do is not to have to spend ANY money on core services as their philosophy is one that would like the private sector to deal with this.

Alaso, as a taxpayer, I would rather taxation is spent wisely, rather than treated as an "excess" with which to (hopefully) "make more money".  That has nothing to do with debt or austerity.  If, as sometimes is necessary, the government needs to go into debt to invest in the country, then so be it.

Austerity is a ruse by the Tories to justify reductions in government spending, which means they can justfy tax cuts to those that don't really need them, in turn denying those who do need the services to help them cope.

Toryism is selfishness writ large.  IMO, of course.

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I used to think this too but I’ve been following an account on Twitter called debt owls who explain government debt. 

Seems it’s all a bit different to what we’re told. 

Obviously this pic is for the US but it’s the same here.

[pic cut]

This is true but it also leaves out the most important point: The only reason these debts exist in the first place is because private banks hijacked the monetary systems in Britain, the US and most of the rest of the world centuries ago and made it so that the only (significant) way money is created is through the creation of debt--loans. The interest to pay off those loans? Not created along with the money in the first place. And that's why it's a never-ending cycle of boom/bust, forever struggling to get ahead.

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, Boris said:

Yeah, but what the Conservatives want to do is not to have to spend ANY money on core services as their philosophy is one that would like the private sector to deal with this.

Alaso, as a taxpayer, I would rather taxation is spent wisely, rather than treated as an "excess" with which to (hopefully) "make more money".  That has nothing to do with debt or austerity.  If, as sometimes is necessary, the government needs to go into debt to invest in the country, then so be it.

Austerity is a ruse by the Tories to justify reductions in government spending, which means they can justfy tax cuts to those that don't really need them, in turn denying those who do need the services to help them cope.

:spoton: 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No wonder the belters had to go down to "the pans" on a regular basis and knock seven bells out of you idiots! :laugh:

No in my day chief. We owned Tranent back in the 80's. Saps.

jambo lodge
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Not sure who first used the term austerity, Cameron and Clegg used the term efficiency drive. Whatever the term at some stage we have to balance the books as a Nation?

Seymour M Hersh
21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

For anyone who thinks the BBC is impartial or NOT the tories mouthpiece..,

EC26257D-0612-4996-BC08-BCF6C9A16298.jpeg

So the Government shouldn't have the right of reply to whoever she is on air? I think you'll find the BBC are actually showing impartiality there. 

Clearly you took to many belts on the head from the belters!!! 

The BBC's sense of it's duty of impartiality is somewhat enigmatic.     Sometimes really important... sometimes naw.      

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So the Government shouldn't have the right of reply to whoever she is on air? I think you'll find the BBC are actually showing impartiality there. 

Did you even read that? She was told what she was not allowed to say by the “impartial” BBC.  

Thats akin to a gagging order. 

Can you not see the woods for the trees???

AuldReekie444
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did you even read that? She was told what she was not allowed to say by the “impartial” BBC.  

Thats akin to a gagging order. 

Can you not see the woods for the trees???

I agree with Seymour M Hersh here.

This is what impartiality looks like.

If they didn't do this, they would be accused of not being impartial.

Edited by AuldReekie444

When the state media tell folk what not to say it takes away the the basics of freedom of speech. Someone from the Gov could have been there for balance but to close down someone like that is just wrong. IMO. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

When the state media tell folk what not to say it takes away the the basics of freedom of speech. Someone from the Gov could have been there for balance but to close down someone like that is just wrong. IMO. 

I get what you're saying but if someone agrees to attend an interview to discus X, bombarding them with questions about Y is poor form. 

1 minute ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

I get what you're saying but if someone agrees to attend an interview to discus X, bombarding them with questions about Y is poor form. 

Aye fair enough but in classic whatabootery, every time someone from the SNP are on the radio/TV to talk about ‘X’, the ‘Y’ question that ALWAYS gets asked from a BBC reporter is about an Indy Referendum when the topic is about something completely unrelated to that. 

Thunderstruck
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

For anyone who thinks the BBC is impartial or NOT the tories mouthpiece..,

EC26257D-0612-4996-BC08-BCF6C9A16298.jpeg

Context is important. 

Who is Natasha Devon?

In what capacity was she appearing?

Who was she interviewing?

What was the subject matter?

What was the BBC’s response to the accusation?

Without that, the picture you have posted is entirely irrelevant. 

Here is a link to BBC’s Broadcasting Guidelines on Impartiality. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines/impartiality

Thunderstruck
2 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

You never read the article, that's cool, you rarely do when it challenges / disagrees with your stance.

The difference of course is that Soutar (who last donated to the Lib Dems) donated in the public domain, the article highlights hidden funding from an organization of which little information is known or provided.  If it was SNP, we'd see a wall-to-wall barrage of headlines.

On the contrary, I did read the article. There are SUGGESTIONS that the fund has operated outwith the law. It is, in the first instance, for the EC to determine if electoral law has been breached. Until then, it is the view of a researcher that a wrongdoing has been committed. 

I have already agreed that it seems unethical but, as you should know, that does not mean illegal. 

As for Souter, nice attempt at dodging an answer but you know full well his connection with SNP in spite of his clear opposition to key SNP policies and inferences of favourable legislation in return for his donation. 

This link is from before his multi-million tax issue. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/fury-at-brian-souter-s-163-189-m-snp-election-pledge-1-1501079

Yes, all transparent but ethical? 

Thunderstruck
40 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

A slightly different picture...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/uncategorized/1509311/claims-scotlands-farmers-are-being-taken-for-granted/

If that doesn’t give you pause for thought, maybe this will...

NFU Scotland president Andrew McCornick also described the funding as a “big target” that needed to be sorted out in his talks with Mr Gove.

However, Mr Gove refused to commit to any review and said it was in the hands of the Treasury.

He said: “We’re going to make sure Scotland receives the support it needs in the future and make sure the unique circumstances of Scotland’s geography and farming sector are reflected in the allocations we make.”

Later Mr McCornick said: “We had a very frank and constructive meeting with the Secretary of State Michael Gove, but learned little that was new.

Probably just another attempt by the SNP to deflect from their own miserable performance when it comes to agriculture. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/farmers-forced-off-their-lands-due-to-snp-s-failed-farm-payment-system-1-4690742

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

A slightly different picture...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/uncategorized/1509311/claims-scotlands-farmers-are-being-taken-for-granted/

If that doesn’t give you pause for thought, maybe this will...

Probably just another attempt by the SNP to deflect from their own miserable performance when it comes to agriculture. 

https://www.scotsman.com/news/farmers-forced-off-their-lands-due-to-snp-s-failed-farm-payment-system-1-4690742

Your link only goes to enforce my point. Scotland shafted again. Tory MP says its the Treasury’s fault. Treasury says “Aye your cheque, its in the post mate”. 

Its all good tho bruv. Better together & aw that!

Thunderstruck
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Your link only goes to enforce my point. Scotland shafted again. Tory MP says its the Treasury’s fault. Treasury says “Aye your cheque, its in the post mate”. 

Its all good tho bruv. Better together & aw that!

None so blind, etc. 

From the guy who plastered the “Vow” on the front page of the Daily Record when he was the Editor at that time. 

"I think the intervening years since the referendum has allowed my head to come into line with my heart. It was not a Damoclesean conversion, it was a realignment and consolidation of my belief that Scotland should become independent," says Murray Foote, suggesting that a lot of Scots are probably making the same journey from No to Yes.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/16321949.ex-record-editor-says-the-vow-will-be-a-stepping-stone-on-path-to-scotlands-independence/

Edited by Pans Jambo

jack D and coke

Nothing to see there :lol: 

It wouldn’t matter what lies are exposed, a majority of scots still don’t actuall believe it. Completely servile. 

I was down England at the weekend and politics came up a couple of times. It’s fair to say the perception of us being a massively subsidised nation is strong with them. In short we’d be ****ed without them firing money up our arse. It never feels like a union when you speak to English people about it, it’s like your pishy little small minded nation needs to pipe down. 

jambo lodge

Why is it that the Tories in Scotland are detested by much of the population but not so in England. It cant be anything to do with class as working class areas in England regularly vote in Tories. My conclusion from reading the many posts on here, from Nats in particular, is that it has to do with race. Tories seem to equate to everything that is English and therefore toxic to Nats. The anti English sentiment is often related to Tories on this thread.

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, jambo lodge said:

Why is it that the Tories in Scotland are detested by much of the population but not so in England. It cant be anything to do with class as working class areas in England regularly vote in Tories. My conclusion from reading the many posts on here, from Nats in particular, is that it has to do with race. Tories seem to equate to everything that is English and therefore toxic to Nats. The anti English sentiment is often related to Tories on this thread.

Pish.

Nothing against the English.

Nothing against the St.Georges flag.

My last job & my current one I am the only Scot to work in an all English company.

Its WESTMINSTER and all that represents. Theres zero anti-English sentiment. Its an anti-Union Jack, Westminster, tory sentiment.

Tories are shitehawks and have a proven track record of that. That aint anti-English.

Get over yourself.