• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mikey1874
21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Part of Richi's plan to keep the party together was to tell Tories at the 1922 committe that they could all go home early as there would only be "one line" whips on any votes until the Easter recess.

And now:

No 10 declares a ‘migration emergency’ as it piles pressure on Parliament to pass the Rwanda Bill. Noting that 514 people crossed the Channel in small boats yesterday, the PM’s spokesman said: ‘Without this Bill, thousands of people will continue to be trafficked across Europe’ 

Will that emergency cause the Tories to recall their MPs to force through the Rwanda Bill next week? Probably not, because Tories going on holiday during a "migration emergency" is seen as the right priority in the circumstances.

No rush

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

No rush

What about the private jet that Champagne Liz Truss was pissing about travelling the world on at £500k a pop? (not to forget the £1500 a head catering) 

Mikey1874
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What about the private jet that Champagne Liz Truss was pissing about travelling the world on at £500k a pop? (not to forget the £1500 a head catering) 

Or this one

The Mighty Thor

Fat racist Tory welt (a common characteristic) being investigated by West Yorkshire Police for being a fat racist Tory welt. 

Aye but free speech likesy 

:greggy:

Japan Jambo
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No rush

We'll be hearing next that BA doesn't want to fly Tory ministers either for the same reason and therefore that's why they have to go on private jets.  🤣

Reckon that 8 hours in BA economy and they'll probably want to go back on the boat as it was less cramped.

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

No rush

So James Not-so-Cleverly  used taxpayers money to  fly to Rwanda to sign  an agreement which stated that it was the UK's responsibility for arranging flights from London to Rwanda ?    While also sending huge amounts of money to the Rwandan Govt,  regardless of whether any asylum seekers get sent there ? 

Here's the Rwandan Home Secretary's reaction ...... 

Happy Turn Around GIF by Spaceshipboi

joondalupjambo
6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Or this one

Stop it Mikey you are ploughing a lone fourrow.  These are market rates so get with it.

joondalupjambo
7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fat racist Tory welt (a common characteristic) being investigated by West Yorkshire Police for being a fat racist Tory welt. 

Waste of time and resources.  The Police will come to same conclusion here as our PM, i.e. He is not a racist and he apologised so nothing to see here.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Another 6pm news story arranged.  Election time?

Kate cancer.

Flag shaggers are all losing their minds over the new England football shirt.

Not because it costs £125, but because they've changed the colour of the flag on the back of the collar.

As if anyone would stoop so low as to change the colour of a national flag, tis a disgrace, I tell thee!!

Certainly won't catch the Tories doing that.

GJRuxutXUAASPvS?format=jpg&name=large

Or the UK Border Force/Various Police Forces
GJRygDWX0AEep0D?format=jpg&name=900x900

Or UKIP

Screenshot+2020-08-27+at+13.17.03-640w.p

:look:

Sooperstar
4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Kate cancer.

Not the catchiest of nicknames. 

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The plan is working

World leading 👍

Land of Hope and Glory.

:rofl:

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Waste of time and resources.  The Police will come to same conclusion here as our PM, i.e. He is not a racist and he apologised so nothing to see here.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a racist and I've never found myself apologising for saying racist things.

If Hester's not a racist, why did apologise for the racist (and misongynistic) things he said?

manaliveits105

Well done Dave another trade deal on the horizon 

onwards and upwards 

IMG_4837.jpeg

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Well done Dave another trade deal on the horizon 

onwards and upwards 

IMG_4837.jpeg

Visa free restrictions to Thailand?

Freedom of noncing. 

How very Conservative 

Mikey1874

Well, yes.

Trade deals mean more immigration. What is apparently holding up the big deal with India who want more people to be able to come to the UK.

Go guys. 

Roxy Hearts
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Everybody loves the UK 

Even the part where "Smurfs" live and "ess n pee" are in charge?

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Posted without comment...

The entire Tory / Reform/ UKIP/ BNP strategy is to get dafties to blame foreigners/ refugees/ poor people and any other easy target for their shite lives. 

That's what lands with the hard of thinking and downright nasty and people have voted for it. I suspect that even stupid people have wised up now and they are just left with the bad b'stards who need somebody to hate. 

joondalupjambo
12 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm pretty sure I'm not a racist and I've never found myself apologising for saying racist things.

If Hester's not a racist, why did apologise for the racist (and misongynistic) things he said?

Good question.  He will say sorry, as will anyone in public life, or prominence who has been caught out just to save their skins.  Saying sorry for using words that  folk do not like, or take in a specific way will be, in his head anyway not racist.  Just a set of words.

If the police investigate and charge him with racism then that will be interesting given how many politicians have said he is not a racist.

i wish jj was my dad
On 22/03/2024 at 10:29, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed.  Our screechy libertarians will be outraged at this waste of police time

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Britain leading the way 

IMG_4838.jpeg

How did that trade deal with Australia work out for British farmers ?

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Everybody loves the UK 

:rofl:

Lone Striker
9 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Visa free restrictions to Thailand?

Freedom of noncing. 

How very Conservative 

.... and,   ahem,  "young"   Thai  folk able to come to the UK without a visa too.   Gary Glitter in his jail cell will be  furious at  this news.  

Lone Striker

,,,, something fishy going on here, possibly ?  

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-border-control-post-demolished-rishi-sunak_uk_65fd321ae4b07c954d554c3c

Parking the £24m cost to one side - part of which was paid by the local council - plus the additional cost of demolishing the unused Portsmouth border control facility and some others - the  Govt are saying its not needed now because FEWER checks on imports from the EU are now required and these can be handled elsewhere more easily  !     Um, really ?  The |Home Office says there will be MORE checks coming on-stream to beef up UK's  bio-security  - stuff that we weren't geared up for when we actually left the EU 

Its not that long ago that the Govt were saying an extra 50k border control staff was needed - so  where will they be stationed, and how long will it take to train them ?

A cynic might wonder if  the Govt is   laying the groundwork for  UK food standards  to  diverge downwards from the EU standards - while hiding behind  Serco contracts for  providing  proper border control checks. 

Quite strange.

Well aye, if the UK gets rid of all standards then we don't have to check anything......

BlueRiver
6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

The entire Tory / Reform/ UKIP/ BNP strategy is to get dafties to blame foreigners/ refugees/ poor people and any other easy target for their shite lives. 

That's what lands with the hard of thinking and downright nasty and people have voted for it. I suspect that even stupid people have wised up now and they are just left with the bad b'stards who need somebody to hate. 

We should abolish the franchise to ensure these despicable people can't vote. 

Victorian
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just as well that's been cleared up.

An absolute maniac.  

i wish jj was my dad
8 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

We should abolish the franchise to ensure these despicable people can't vote. 

Or we could challenge the bollocks propaganda that Murdoch, Marshall and Harmsworth churn out so that even easily led dafties can understand the harm being done to them. 

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

If the police investigate and charge him with racism then that will be interesting given how many Tory politicians, whose party benefits to the tune of £15m from him, have said he is not a racist.

Seriously. 

Anyone who believes that something is reliable just because a Tory politician said it, needs to give their head a wobble. 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Just as well that's been cleared up.

"De-stabilise", says the woman who holds the record for inflicting the fastest de-stabilisation  in political  history.  A lettuce came second in the de-stabilisation race.

Lone Striker

@Ulysses  Is this true ?   

Just read an online comment from someone, saying that  Ireland's High Court have ruled (using EU law)  that the UK is not a safe country for them to send their failed asylum seekers to, on account of the UK Govt's intention to implement the Rwanda scheme.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

@Ulysses  Is this true ?   

Just read an online comment from someone, saying that  Ireland's High Court have ruled (using EU law)  that the UK is not a safe country for them to send their failed asylum seekers to, on account of the UK Govt's intention to implement the Rwanda scheme.

If that is true it should be front page news

Ulysses
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

@Ulysses  Is this true ?   

Sort of.  There are a few nuances, but they're boring to explain, so the answer is pretty much yes.

56 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Fancy this will have legs and will go to Supreme Court rather than being decided at that level. 

Probably.  It strikes down a Ministerial Order made by the Justice Minister declaring the UK to be a safe non-EU state.  Sometimes Ministers just let that kind of thing go, because in the grand scheme of things Ministerial Orders are not the most important things in the law.  But this one is important because Ireland and the UK have extensive co-operation on matters relating to migration, so I'd say it'll make its way to the Supreme Court.

Ulysses
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If that is true it should be front page news

Possibly, but Ireland wouldn't be in the business of returning that many migrants to the UK, so it shouldn't have any negative impact on the Rwanda scheme if it actually got up and running.  It also doesn't mean that the UK is regarded as an unsafe place as such; it means that the court is recognising that what really matters is where the person being sent back to the UK might end up.  

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Possibly, but Ireland wouldn't be in the business of returning that many migrants to the UK, so it shouldn't have any negative impact on the Rwanda scheme if it actually got up and running.  It also doesn't mean that the UK is regarded as an unsafe place as such; it means that the court is recognising that what really matters is where the person being sent back to the UK might end up.  

Thanks for the explanation. It is still very unsettling how our international partners view us or at least this policy.  It us shameful. 

Ulysses
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Thanks for the explanation. It is still very unsettling how our international partners view us or at least this policy.  It us shameful. 

Cheers.  Mostly people ask why you can't send them whence they came rather than Rwanda.  It's just such a random place.

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Cheers.  Mostly people ask why you can't send them whence they came rather than Rwanda.  It's just such a random place.

I can't get my head around the concept of shipping anybody not least people fleeing conflict to a place that saw one of the worst genocides since ww2.