More Tory lies

aussieh

Lone Striker

Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss, Sunak.... maybe Mordaunt.    What a parcel of rogues in one form or another - they all owe their time in the limelight to Cameron's terrible decision to save his own skin by  caving  in  to the ERG nutters  demands that he negotiate "concessions" from the EU or else  call a referendum on  EU membership referendum.  From that moment on, he was a hostage to fortune - battered by the EU when he tried to get concessions on the fundamental concept of free right of movement for  EU citizens to move to and work in Britain...... and when that failed, he got battered by his old Bullingdon buddy and his band of brain-dead followers.    It was all downhill from there for the Tory party, but even worse it was downhill for the country.

James O'Brien's book about the events is well worth a read.  "How They Broke Britain".   Thatcher would be turning in her grave at the idea that her Tory successors would be the ones to feck the country up on the back of  ignorance and deliberate deceit.

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Tories will be wiped out in Scotland imo. I think Labour could make inroads  I also think other parties such as the Green Party, Alba, Lib Dem’s will win seats. SNP won’t come near to a majority this time. 

Not a hope in hell that Alba win a seat

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

James O'Brien's book about the events is well worth a read.  "How They Broke Britain".   

Quite an eye opener into how this country has been badly manipulated by both elected and unelected individuals.

i wish jj was my dad
11 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Quite an eye opener into how this country has been badly manipulated by both elected and unelected individuals.

Yip. It needs a wider audience. I'd like to see it serialised on TV for folk that don't read books. 

AlimOzturk
14 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can be listened on Spotify audiobooks if you have premium. 

Psychedelicropcircle

Threatening to call an election if you try & take my job! 

I P Knightley
6 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Threatening to call an election if you try & take my job! 

I can't see anyone else wanting to lead that lot into a General Election. Penny Mordaunt was getting nudged forward over the weekend but I really don't see her wanting to "Stand up and Fight" in a battle where the tories will be so badly pumped, they'll ditch the leader almost straight away. We're stuck with Sunak's vanity and pig-headedness until he sees fit to scarper. He knows that no one will challenge him. Little squit.

Victorian

Say they got another term.  What reason is there to expect fewer than about 3 or 4 leaders over the course of the term?  None of them are interested in public service.  It's all for the pay-offs and spin-offs.  

An annual event of a leader,  an exiting leader,  another ex-leader to be protected by the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection division,  another leadership contest pantomime,  another list of peerages and honours being doled out,  another cabinet reshuffle,  it goes on.

Lone Striker
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I can't see anyone else wanting to lead that lot into a General Election. Penny Mordaunt was getting nudged forward over the weekend but I really don't see her wanting to "Stand up and Fight" in a battle where the tories will be so badly pumped, they'll ditch the leader almost straight away. We're stuck with Sunak's vanity and pig-headedness until he sees fit to scarper. He knows that no one will challenge him. Little squit.

Yep. It will be interesting to see how committed Boris will be "helping to support" red wall candidates during the GE campaign.  He won't want to be associated with an impending Tory disaster, so don't be surprised if its a just a couple of quick visits to shake some hands - or maybe even a full scale change of mind.

Edited by Lone Striker

Des Lynam
5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Say they got another term.  What reason is there to expect fewer than about 3 or 4 leaders over the course of the term?  None of them are interested in public service.  It's all for the pay-offs and spin-offs.  

An annual event of a leader,  an exiting leader,  another ex-leader to be protected by the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection division,  another leadership contest pantomime,  another list of peerages and honours being doled out,  another cabinet reshuffle,  it goes on.

I enjoyed watching the spivs of the 1992 committee displaying their smugness as I imagined a hungry lion being let loose in that room. 

Mikey1874
16 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep. It will be interesting to see how committed Boris will be "helping to support" red wall candidates during the GE campaign.  He won't want to be associated with an impending Tory disaster, so don't be surprised if its a just a couple of quick visits to shake some hands - or maybe even a full scale change of mind.

His other problem is what to campaign on. Levelling up? More GP appointments? Reform social care? Brexit benefits? Flights to Rwanada? Covid parties?

Boris Johnson just shows up Conservative failures. 

Psychedelicropcircle

They’re ****ed & they know it. The tax cutting has went down like a lead balloon. The longer that stay the less they’ll poll.

AlimOzturk

Sunak and the tories will wait until they are forced to call an election as they are out regardless. They give zero ****s about the country and only about keeping Labour out for as long as they can. They know they aren’t winning which makes waiting and I’m announcing tax cuts ect all the more annoying and pointless. 

They'll delay until they're forced into an election.

Until then it's full speed ahead to steal as much as possible, sell off whatever they can, shut down or scrap as many public bodies as they can think of and make as many long term problem as they can on the way out so they can then spend the next 20 years blaming Labour for the problems they created.

AlimOzturk
6 minutes ago, Cade said:

They'll delay until they're forced into an election.

Until then it's full speed ahead to steal as much as possible, sell off whatever they can, shut down or scrap as many public bodies as they can think of and make as many long term problem as they can on the way out so they can then spend the next 20 years blaming Labour for the problems they created.

Yep  The tory way. They are an absolutely ****ing disgrace of a government and if justice served anything they would never get back in again. But memories are sadly short and you can see the pitch forks out for the Labour government in a years time with tories blaming them for the mess they created. 

Victorian

It's really all about the manipulation and selection of figures.  

We're cutting taxes.  They're not.  They have recently reduced one tax,  but the overall basket of taxation has risen sharply over a number of years.  As well as the principle of fiscal drag,  which is rising taxation by stealth and dishonesty.

We're raising the state pension.  They're not.  The state pension is rising due to the mechanism already in place for many years to adequately uprate the real terms value of it.

We've halved inflation.  They haven't.  Inflation has fallen due to almost entirely external inflationary inputs.

Our action on inflation will see interest rates reducing.  It isn't.  Interest rates rocketed due to the vanity odyssey of the nutcase Truss.

We've got a plan.  The plan is working.  They don't have a plan.  They would wreck our plan and the progess it's making.  Very easy,  basic and simple words and messages.  Every figure and statistic that can be manipulated to any advantage will be exploited.  Anything that challenges the narrative ignored or lied about.

They've made it impossible to provide fair,  reasonable and inflation adjusted central funding to devolved government and English councils.  In effect passing on the responsibility for increasing taxation or making spending cuts.  They already are and will continue to draw attention to all local authorities run by opposition parties,  while keeping schtum about Tory led councils.  It's all part of the very worst death throes of any interest they ever had in managing the prosperity of people and communities.

At the very end,  Adolf Hitler came around to the idea that the German people were to blame for their defeat in WWII.  He even tried to implement an order to destroy any infrastructure that they no longer deserved.  The Tories are not Adolf Hitler,  but there are some interesting,  underlying parallels that might be drawn.

Lone Striker
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Election soon

Its beyond parody.  "If you dare oust me, I'll immediately call the election".      Basically a political suicide pact.

I can't be bothered to look it up, but I think there are parliamentary rules that prevent "big" legislation from being enacted once an election has been called -  "purdah" ?  -  or maybe its just a gentleman's agreement not to do that.   If so, the Rwanda Bill would fall - meaning the total project cost  to the taxpayer  far outweighs  Hester's racially aggravated  £10m donation.  

The amount of taxpayers money spunked on public inquiries into scandals caused by Govt incompetence/negligence plus project failures & abandonments in the last 15 years must run into the tens of billions.  

Edited by Lone Striker

Lone Striker
36 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Election soon

JUst looked at the polling graph in your post.  Interesting trajectories of the 2 blue lines - heading for a "close encounter of the hard-right kind"  😃l  If the blue lines converge further, you'd have to wonder if any of the right-wing (ERG) nutjob MPs in the Tory party might fancy joining Nigel's mob.    Such a move might actually lead to a small revival of  Tory fortunes a few years down the line.

manaliveits105

As night follows day Labour will screw up and the Conservatives will be back in the blink of an eye 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The Tories are not Adolf Hitler,  but there are some interesting,  underlying parallels that might be drawn.

Dear lord ! You’ve reached a nadir . 

Des Lynam
32 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

As night follows day Labour will screw up and the Conservatives will be back in the blink of an eye 

Still pretending you're a Conservative voter. 

:rofl:

Victorian

To be fair,  if Sunak called an election at the threat of being ousted,  you could make out a case for him doing the responsible and democratically legitimate thing.  He might get a slight personal popularity boost.  Anything to avoid yet another pantomime of a leadership contest/coronation.

You do have to keep in mind though that parliament ultimately decides if there will be an election.  Parliament has to be dissolved after a motion to move it.  It would be quite funny if he tried to call the election and was prevented by the rest of the rats voting the motion down.

Mikey1874
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

To be fair,  if Sunak called an election at the threat of being ousted,  you could make out a case for him doing the responsible and democratically legitimate thing.  He might get a slight personal popularity boost.  Anything to avoid yet another pantomime of a leadership contest/coronation.

You do have to keep in mind though that parliament ultimately decides if there will be an election.  Parliament has to be dissolved after a motion to move it.  It would be quite funny if he tried to call the election and was prevented by the rest of the rats voting the motion down.

People have had enough of him and them. 

The only chance is much improved economic circumstances which seems to be what Sunak is betting on. That and flights to Rwanda.

But the problem with that is nothing he has done in 18 months has helped. He seems to have the death touch. So for example Rwanda flights won't help if the public decide its inhumane. And a lot of the economic circumstances are still grim. 

JudyJudyJudy
53 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good for him 

Imagine being envious of a 4 months old . Desperate stuff . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

manaliveits105

4 months - Boss Baby 😁

Edited by manaliveits105

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

4 months 😁

Even worse . 

The Real Maroonblood
22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Election soon

Hopefully.

Gundermann

Screenshot2024-03-19at21-45-19HitlerandbinLadenfuriousaboutcomparisontoThatcher.thumb.png.6a9bb38136d43a86a1eaecedb7a88186.png

Edited by Gundermann

manaliveits105

Inflation down to 3.4% - onwards and upwards with the Conservatives 

or down and out with Labour 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Great news …… incoming ……… 1,2,3 …….

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yeah 

Average £400 per month food costs only went up to £420 per month.

manaliveits105

Inflation latest: UK heading for 1% inflation this year, economists predict after bigger than expected fall

Mon Rishi ! 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah 

Average £400 per month food costs only went up to £420 per month.

Funny how the increase in inflation was not the fault of the Tories yet this lower rate of prices going through the roof deserves a pat on the back for those same Tories. 

Inflation goes up: "Nothing to do with us mate, it's global pressures, Covid, Ukraine and a global marxist conspiracy led by the IMF and the Bank of England"

Inflation goes down: "HUZZAH WE DID THIS IS WAS ALL US"

:rofl:

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Funny how the increase in inflation was not the fault of the Tories yet this lower rate of prices going through the roof deserves a pat on the back for those same Tories. 

The only things that the government can claim to have done is to freeze duty increases on fuel and alcohol, for products that are included in the calculation. This action repeated over several years means that its 0% increases only serves to suppress the overall figure.

You also have to consider what is not included in the calculation. This is from the ONS.

"The CPI excludes a number of RPI series mainly relating to housing costs (for example, council tax), and in particular to owner occupiers’ housing costs (including mortgage interest payments, house depreciation and buildings insurance)."

That means that none of the mortgage increases hitting those whose fixed terms expired in the last 12 months is included. The typical increase was over £200 a month.

Sooperstar
On 18/03/2024 at 11:40, Sooperstar said:

Eurozone inflation down to 2.6%.

Our prices are only going up 30% faster than in Europe. 

Sooperstar
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The only things that the government can claim to have done is to freeze duty increases on fuel and alcohol, for products that are included in the calculation. This action repeated over several years means that its 0% increases only serves to suppress the overall figure.

You also have to consider what is not included in the calculation. This is from the ONS.

"The CPI excludes a number of RPI series mainly relating to housing costs (for example, council tax), and in particular to owner occupiers’ housing costs (including mortgage interest payments, house depreciation and buildings insurance)."

That means that none of the mortgage increases hitting those whose fixed terms expired in the last 12 months is included. The typical increase was over £200 a month.

A view starting to form, now interest rate hikes are hitting more and more people with expiring fixed rates, that central banks may have gone too far in raising rates. 

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I had dismissed the news so much that I hadn't even thought of these factors. 

Mortgage interest would almost certainly kick the inflation up by a couple of per cent and the rises in council tax, made inevitable by the government's reduction in funding allocation, will add on a few more per cent. 

And they've taken Guinness out of the basket of goods used to calculate RPI. Maybe not the same impact as housing costs but that Nitrous flow stuff is quite a bit more costly than the standard cans. 

Victorian

They're all drooling on about a £900 reduction in tax.  :rofl:

The £900 figure does not represent the fiscal measure announced at the budget.  It's an overall figure when added to a previous reduction.  Why not just go the whole way and add up a list of tax reductions going back years and produce an even bigger,  misleading number?  It fails to recognise the policy of redistributing the burden of taxation towards the base by not uprating tax free income to reflect inflation and income growth.  It fails to mention the many thousands of pounds of cost suffered by mortgage payers caused by criminal negligence of the decision to appoint a lunatic (Truss) as PM.

They are the arsonist that continues to set fire to the house while taking the credit for occasionally stopping to blow out the flames.

Mikey1874

See if the polls improve upon this wonderful news.

This one is about the best just now.

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

See if the polls improve upon this wonderful news.

This one is about the best just now.

Lib Dems are kinda ****ed, by the way. 

Someone really ought to start a thread about how shite they are. :laugh:

Victorian
16 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Lib Dems are kinda ****ed, by the way. 

Someone really ought to start a thread about how shite they are. :laugh:

If they are at that kind of vote share then they might achieve very limited seats.  Reform wont take many,  if any at all.  SNP will lose some but it's not that clear how many they'll retain.  It's still possible they will retain most of their current number but it might not take much of a swing to Labour for them to lose more.  There could be a set of circumstances that sees Labour take a 150 majority.