More Tory lies

aussieh

Statts1976uk
21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

spelling has improved in general 

I'll take your opinion on this as nothing substantive then.

• Replies 27.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Victorian

• JudyJudyJudy

• Cade

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Statts1976uk
36 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Just a question for the collective as we are in an election year. 

Since 2010, what has actually improved? In what way has live been made better for the populous?

Blooming predictive text!!

I see Rishi at PMQs is definitely not going to answer any questions on the £10m directly. I did like the point that the SNP made about how Hester has only apologised about being rude rather than racist.

Edited by Statts1976uk

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

:wow:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/12/come-clean-on-secret-taxpayer-rescue-plans-for-thames-water-mp-demands

Aw shit,  we've given all the money from our absolute monopoly to our shareholders.  There's **** aw left to run the business.  Please let us ask our shareholders for some of it back.  But what they'll want in return is a 40% increase on bills,  higher dividends in the future and nae fines when we choose to release raw sewage into the waterways instead of providing the services of a water company.

:notsure:

Here's another idea;

How about we give you £1 for your debt ridden failing business, nationalise it then run it at only a small profit, lowering the costs for customers, fixing the crumbling infrastructure and feeding the modest profit back into general taxation to pay for things like schools and the NHS?

:kirk:

17 hours ago, Victorian said:

Reeks of "well, I have a black friend..."

4 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Great news comrades we may already be out of recession - well done Rishi 

IMG_4666.jpeg

ZERO POINT TWO %. Get the champers ordered dear, not the cheap prosecco. We are going to be rolling in it! 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

No the first two definitely impacted the price rise. Although we get about 50% gas from the North Sea we are vulnerable to any rise in gas prices. 

The covid debacle had an impact as energy consumption fell during this period. This led to energy companies incurring losses. Ofgem then allowed the companies to raise prices to recover any additional debt-related costs incurred during covid. 

😎 it’s laughable to think they didn’t 

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I understand that. I just can’t bring myself to vote for a Humza led SNP. 

Hopefully by the time of an election he’s out on his arse . 

Des Lynam
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Hopefully by the time of an election he’s out on his arse . 

I’m going off topic but I’ve always felt Humza was the necessary evil that will allow the SNP to regroup and refocus once he’s gone. 

Gundermann
37 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

Blooming predictive text!!

I see Rishi at PMQs is definitely not going to answer any questions on the £10m directly. I did like the point that the SNP made about how Hester has only apologised about being rude rather than racist.

The brass neck of the Tories. They might with enough pressure return the racist's donation but the taxpayer won't get the £ms back that the Tories gave him.

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Reeks of "well, I have a black friend..."

ZERO POINT TWO %. Get the champers ordered dear, not the cheap prosecco. We are going to be rolling in it! 

Like Winston Churchill I only like Pol Roger White Foil :toff:

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Now they're going to offer people £3,000 to go to Rwanda.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-68550404

:cornette:

One of the interesting lesser known UK immigration policies. Be refused asylum but basically stay in UK. 

Need a better offer than just Rwanda though.

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’m going off topic but I’ve always felt Humza was the necessary evil that will allow the SNP to regroup and refocus once he’s gone. 

He's no great shakes but of all the party leaders, he's the least we should be worried about.

ehcaley
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Who would want to live in Turkey ? 

180million Turks who Farage(liar) said were coming here(nice big Brexit lie)

Mikey1874

Interesting to see how Conservative Party donations are doing. Looks like they could afford to give back the £10 million to the racist.

Keeping it when the culture wars make Diane Abbot a good target makes sense.

Until you look closer and find they already lost the culture wars and its actually a big vote loser.

Choices and decision making. The mark of the sensible and the successful.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

No the first two definitely impacted the price rise. Although we get about 50% gas from the North Sea we are vulnerable to any rise in gas prices. 

The covid debacle had an impact as energy consumption fell during this period. This led to energy companies incurring losses. Ofgem then allowed the companies to raise prices to recover any additional debt-related costs incurred during covid. 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😎 it’s laughable to think they didn’t 

My point is that other countries haven’t had these massive rises. And that is because they have nobody making them accountable. 

50 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

He's no great shakes but of all the party leaders, he's the least we should be worried about.

Head and shoulders above any labour/tory/libdem leader, which isn't too hard to be fair. Not sure what it's got to do with tory lies though.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes 

periodictabledancer
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting to see how Conservative Party donations are doing. Looks like they could afford to give back the £10 million to the racist.

Keeping it when the culture wars make Diane Abbot a good target makes sense.

Until you look closer and find they already lost the culture wars and its actually a big vote loser.

Choices and decision making. The mark of the sensible and the successful.

I'll be surprised if they're in a fit state to pay it back given they had to take out an emergency bank loan last year as they couldn't pay their bills. 

Mikey1874

Diane Abbott not called to ask a question bit of a let off for everyone.

Speaker maybe owing them for not getting sacked.

Diane Abbott applied for but was refused the chance to ask a question at PMQs

:vrface: Feck sake Hoyle you useless twat.

Edited by Cade

periodictabledancer
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My point is that other countries haven’t had these massive rises. And that is because they have nobody making them accountable. 

You had the absurd situation last year where one UK energy company claimed massive profits arising in part from record EXPORTS of gas, in particular to NL, whose government gave their energy companies the finance to buy up front and avoid some of the Ukraine related price hikes. This was put into massive storage facilities (which the UK had  ONE of (now none) - and at it's best held only two days supply anyway).

The UK "energy policy" is a national security risk (when you think about damage done to the economy) and the Tories have still done nothing about it (it allowed the energy companies to shut down the ONE facility it did have, which was falling apart, and for which the energy companies wanted to avoid the cost of repairing/maintaining) . The Uk literally has to go to market as and when it needs it's gas - it has to buy on the spot market and pays the going (extortionate) market rate.

In the meantime, France, with circa 90 small nuclear facilities , has almost avoided anything like the issues the UK has. 

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hard to get exercised about Abbott getting it tight, weird-voiced bigot that she is

If he'd had a pop at her for having a weird voice or for holding bigoted views, that might have been acceptable. 

But he didn't. He went after her skin colour and her gender.

I don't believe she's a very competent politician and would be glad to criticise her in that arena but it shouldn't need said generalising her deficiencies onto all black women is definitely worth getting hot under the collar about. 

As for the "should be shot" comment... I'd have preferred to have seen Starmer and Flynn dwell on that a little more than the racism (and misogyny), which Sunak & co have accepted and already brushed under the carpet. 

Mikey1874
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Today's big pictures 

20240313_141250.jpg

Gundermann
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Today's big pictures 

20240313_141250.jpg

30p Lee, Gangrenous George and Kenny MacAskill all penned in on the bams' benches...

:facepalm:

I P Knightley
56 minutes ago, Cade said:

As I understand it, it's a lottery as to whether your application is pulled out of the hat to be able to ask a PMQ. 

That said, Hoyle has shown that he's prepared to bend the rules when an MP's safety is the issue. I tend to switch off after Stephen Flynn's set his questions but wouldn't be surprised to hear that a few of the subsequent questions were forgettable, swept aside by Sunak or both. 

Hoyle might have been warned by some Tory or other not to bend the rules. 

I could see Dawn Butler "bobbing" when Sunak was dodging the points; she looked furious. It was also pointed out that, at the end, Starmer made his way to Abbott for a quick word. 

TallPaul

Oh dear UK economy returns to growth and exits recession. That will piss off the self-loathers on here.

Ulysses
3 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Oh dear UK economy returns to growth and exits recession. That will piss off the self-loathers on here.

:rofl:

Statts1976uk
4 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Whereas unemployment has risen and wage growth has slowed down but swings and roundabouts etc.

TallPaul
1 minute ago, Statts1976uk said:

Whereas unemployment has risen and wage growth has slowed down but swings and roundabouts etc.

Overall unemployment still very low compared to historic levels. Wage growth has only slowed in comparison to 2022 which saw record levels.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

That's laughable as you're a self loathing Scot.

Statts1976uk
7 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Overall unemployment still very low compared to historic levels. Wage growth has only slowed in comparison to 2022 which saw record levels.

Average earnings, in real terms, have fallen since 2009. We are now looking at levels similar to 2002-03.

periodictabledancer
29 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Says Scotland's  Head of Self Loathing, Troll Paul, without a hint of irony. 

😂

Edited by periodictabledancer

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Says Scotland's  Head of Self Loathing, Troll Paul, without a hint of irony. 

😂

:spoton:

TallPaul
41 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That's laughable as you're a self loathing Scot.

I love Scotland and the UK I'm very patriotic. I don't like separatists in fact I loath them. Not self loathing but a true patriot 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Cade said:

More credit on the anti-Semite’s victim card.

she’ll be dining out Michelin star stylee tonight likes 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

I love Scotland and the UK I'm very patriotic. I don't like separatists in fact I loath them. Not self loathing but a true patriot 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

What a lot of pish. 

trotter
5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

As of right now, 43% is coming from Norway. The UK is reliant on imports. The government actually stated that yesterday. 

Screenshot_20240313_124907_Chrome.jpg

Edited by trotter

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Think the term bawhair comes to mind. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Wrong. It will only "exit" recession if there is growth over quarter 1 of 2025, not month 1. 

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

1/10. 

Shite effort as per.

The 'recession' measure is done quarterly. It was even mentioned on the last page of the thread, which in your haste to come on and 'do your beans' you've clearly not read or had it explained to you. 

Des Lynam
3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Wrong. It will only "exit" recession if there is growth over quarter 1 of 2025, not month 1. 

giphy-downsized.gif

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Well not quite but it's a step in right direction, although I'm sure our self appointed experts on finances will be gleefully frothing at the mouth at your positive outlook.

You're right though, plenty on here hoping things go badly for the workers of country, all in order that they can pursue their failing dream of independence.

Carry on the good work 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

That should have read quarter 1 of 2024. 😇

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well not quite but it's a step in right direction, although I'm sure our self appointed experts on finances will be gleefully frothing at the mouth at your positive outlook.

You're right though, plenty on here hoping things go badly for the workers of country, all in order that they can pursue their failing dream of independence.

Carry on the good work 

So much wasted talent on this. From the experts in politics ( Scottish UK and US ) to health ( Covid) to Middle east conflicts and ofcourse economics, there really seems to be no end to their knowledge.  You hit the nail on the head, they do not want the UK to succeed so it furthers the case for Indy. Sadly it also means Scotland is collatoral damage in this.  

5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As I understand it, it's a lottery as to whether your application is pulled out of the hat to be able to ask a PMQ. 

That said, Hoyle has shown that he's prepared to bend the rules when an MP's safety is the issue. I tend to switch off after Stephen Flynn's set his questions but wouldn't be surprised to hear that a few of the subsequent questions were forgettable, swept aside by Sunak or both. 

Hoyle might have been warned by some Tory or other not to bend the rules. 

I could see Dawn Butler "bobbing" when Sunak was dodging the points; she looked furious. It was also pointed out that, at the end, Starmer made his way to Abbott for a quick word. 

You submit your question to the clerks.

Some of them are then drawn at random to form the order of business.

Anybody wanting to ask a question but has not been selected can stand up or otherwise draw the eye of the Speaker between other questions and the Speaker then chooses to give them the floor or not.

Diane Abbott stood up 46 times today.

Hoyle ignored her every time.

Punks No Deid
45 minutes ago, Cade said:

You submit your question to the clerks.

Some of them are then drawn at random to form the order of business.

Anybody wanting to ask a question but has not been selected can stand up or otherwise draw the eye of the Speaker between other questions and the Speaker then chooses to give them the floor or not.

Diane Abbott stood up 46 times today.

Hoyle ignored her every time.

We all know why he did 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Punks No Deid said:

We all know why he did 

Abbott's a slaver?

Punks No Deid
10 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Abbott's a slaver?

Not the best choice of noun gov