Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

he just turned 23 last week

Arrived in Belgium 2013 ,,,,, 

Not a bad player ------ only the attitude....

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FarmerTweedy

Unlikely that Watt will pass any test with his waste of space attitude.

Needs a man manager to turn him around and stop the downward spiral.

I don't think that's the case. I don't think he could be 'man managed' into becoming a good player. I simply don't think there's the interest or desire within him to put in the work required to achieve that.

Some people seem to think that any player who underachieves in relation to their basic level of skill, due to lack of application, would have done much better if they'd just had the right manager at the right time, but the fact is that some people simply don't have the necessary desire, the interest, the enthusiasm, the hunger, or whatever, to even want to put in the work required to be anything like as successful as their natural talent would allow.

I'd guess that Tony Watt has probably already made at least 3 or 4 million quid after tax from football. If so, he could afford a much better lifestyle than the vast majority of people even if he never works again. Lots of people in that position would simply have no interest in putting any effort in, regardless of what sort of management they have.

Harry Potter

That goal against barca probably worst thing that could have happened to him.

Or could have been the best, real shame all that skill , still very young, maybe some hope left.

Jambof3tornado

Draws opponents in to him with his close control freeing up team mates for a pass then with great consistency fails to even attempt to pass.

Pity. He had an opportunity at Hearts to relaunch himself and made no effort to do so.

Wonder what age he will get to before he realises a chunk of his career has been wasted.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Just ******* wow, needed pasting on the thread

Karl Robinson has confirmed that Tony Watt is set to return to Charlton.

The Manager was asked about the striker, who has been out on loan at Hearts, following Saturday?s 1-1 draw against Southend United at Roots Hall.

And he says that Watt will be back at the club in the next couple of days for testing.

?What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I?m going to run the legs off of him,? said Robinson. ?I?m going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club.

?That is the top and bottom of it. There have been a lot of questions about Tony, his mentality and desire, but no-one in this football world has ever questioned his talent.

?Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club. If you want to play football, come to a club with great young players, great fans and a great desire to improve and be better.

?I want him to prove that he can be one of the best players in this league. He?s got to come back for testing and, within that, we?ll see if he has got the application to be here.?

Wonder if Tony let him know he wouldn't be turning up for training today as it is a holiday in Scotland.

Apart from nearly every post above

Yet there were some who claimed I was a liar around the very same subject.

Interesting.

Jambo 4 Ever

"Testing" might be interesting after two weeks on the raz wi Sam and his pals.......allegedly.

You mean Nicholson?

Where you hear that from?

PD slavers piddle

Its his post that has suggested indiscipline but with no back up at all.. well bar his source he mentions

Saddens me that a so called Hearts fan can post such negativity with no back up

Internet forum at its worst

Though when you ??? such guff its suggested you are TW pal, could not make it up

If we've got a player with disciplinary issues then he'll be dealt with accordingly. If we've got a loanee who repeatedly has disciplinary issues then I'm 99% certain he'd be sent packing.

Not saying PD is lying but I'd be shocked if the club allowed this considering how ruthless they've been with others.

This. We're not that daft  :laugh: funny that it's even being discussed without any substance

TWatt is hopeless and should be punted.

Phil Dunfy is talking shit also.

If Watts discipline and attitude was so bad I'm pretty sure he would be either sent back to his club, banished to training alone or with the youth team.

Our DOF doesn't take any shit.

Few utterly daft looking *******s on the early pages of this thread.

Rudolfs Mate gets away without looking too bad, he doesn't call me a liar.

Enjoy lads, seems like I was right all along.

:verysmug:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but then again at least I'm not Tony Watt being beasted by a nutter in South London.

Karma.

:kirk:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I said at Pittodrie Watt was the only person he cared about. Caley made me believe he could change but that was it alas. He will disappear.

Just catching up on the thread. So was there proof of this bad attitude after all?

Just catching up on the thread. So was there proof of this bad attitude after all?

The fact he's been sent packing is proof enough.

The fact he's been sent packing is proof enough.

Is It  ??

It didnt work out and he's away back to CAFC

Wheres your proof of his indiscipline , dont see any

Now that TW has gone you can reveal your source and information

Assuming either ever existed

Is It ??

You obviously haven't seen the comments from Karl Robinson then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is It ??

Screams "attitude problem"

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-tony-watt-3493974.aspx

I'm in no doubt TW has been a pest at previous clubs its well documented

Just wondering what problems he has caused at Hearts if any

Just been a shit signing sadly

Is It  ??

Why's he been sent packing then? Why has Ian Cathro decided that it's not worth keeping him around if it's anything other than indiscipline?

You've been well and truly shown up on this thread. I suggest you come to terms with that mate.

:smuggy:

Why's he been sent packing then? Why has Ian Cathro decided that it's not worth keeping him around if it's anything other than indiscipline?

You've been well and truly shown up on this thread. I suggest you come to terms with that mate.

:smuggy:

I'm not doubting that Watt may have been causing problems and/or displaying issues with his attitude...but it is entirely possible that Cathro simply doesn't rate him, and has taken an easy opportunity to get an ineffective, unwanted player off the wage bill.

Him leaving doesn't prove he has behaved badly, just as him having behaved badly previously at Charlton doesn't mean he has behaved badly at Hearts. Of course, it's entirely possible that he has - and history would suggest a pattern has already been established.

Rudolf's Mate

Without looking too bad. All I said was I'd be shocked if the club let him get away with that. Rather than let people interpret it the wrong way I added the part about saying I wasn't calling you a liar.

Lol

Think we all " hoped "he would have been a good striker

He's gone now

No point discussing it anymore.

Your deluded

Never as much as a Fact in your posts

So, tell me then, why has he been told to **** off? And why has the Charlton manager released his statement about his attitude too?

In fact, don't answer. I'm not interested in the nonsensical ramblings of someone who probably found the internet by accident.

I'm not doubting that Watt may have been causing problems and/or displaying issues with his attitude...but it is entirely possible that Cathro simply doesn't rate him, and has taken an easy opportunity to get an ineffective, unwanted player off the wage bill.

Him leaving doesn't prove he has behaved badly, just as him having behaved badly previously at Charlton doesn't mean he has behaved badly at Hearts. Of course, it's entirely possible that he has - and history would suggest a pattern has already been established.

It seems a little odd that he's not really given him a chance to impress, choosing to just send him back at the first opportunity. 

It seems to fit that he's had previous issues at previous clubs, people in the know have said he's been in trouble at the club over discipline and now he's been sent back to a seemingly angry Charlton Athletic who have gone public about him needing to apologise. 

Now, if he's been a model professional, what does he have to apologise for?

Without looking too bad. All I said was I'd be shocked if the club let him get away with that. Rather than let people interpret it the wrong way I added the part about saying I wasn't calling you a liar.

Lol

There's nothing wrong with questioning something, it's the absolute histrionics from certain, less coherent, posters that was particularly amusing.

Rudolf's Mate

There's nothing wrong with questioning something, it's the absolute histrionics from certain, less coherent, posters that was particularly amusing.

Not disputing that tbh and some of the remarks might have made me also want to respond in the way you have. Regardless, in response to my comment. If everyone responded including every post in such a way then the board would be totally inundated with GIRFUY posts [emoji85]

It seems a little odd that he's not really given him a chance to impress, choosing to just send him back at the first opportunity.

It seems to fit that he's had previous issues at previous clubs, people in the know have said he's been in trouble at the club over discipline and now he's been sent back to a seemingly angry Charlton Athletic who have gone public about him needing to apologise.

Now, if he's been a model professional, what does he have to apologise for?

He clearly wasn't a model professional, given Robinson's interview comments, but I interpreted that as needing to apologise for previous behaviour at Charlton. Perhaps he did mean he needed to go back to Charlton and apologise to certain people for things he did at Hearts (seems a bit odd).

Cathro may well have seen enough in training, some game time and previous knowledge of the player to decide he wasn't worth keeping on whatever financial arrangement we had for him.

Of course he may have been in trouble at Hearts; I'm certainly not doubting that. But I don't think that is the only possible reason he is no longer with us.

So, tell me then, why has he been told to **** off? And why has the Charlton manager released his statement about his attitude too?

In fact, don't answer. I'm not interested in the nonsensical ramblings of someone who probably found the internet by accident.

We dont jnow the real reasons Tony left

Maybe it just didnt pan  out and it suited both parties to move on..  shit happens

We knew he has been a clown at previous clubs it was a risk signing but that doesnt necessarily mean he was up to no good at Hearts

Your one of those internet rockets with no source  or inside information basically a screaming fantasist who makes stuff up about players at Hearts  to look as if he's in the know and when asked to give more detail dodges the issue

Your also rhino skinned 

We dont jnow the real reasons Tony left

Maybe it just didnt pan out and it suited both parties to move on.. shit happens

We knew he has been a clown at previous clubs it was a risk signing but that doesnt necessarily mean he was up to no good at Hearts

Your one of those internet rockets with no source or inside information basically a screaming fantasist who makes stuff up about players at Hearts to look as if he's in the know and when asked to give more detail dodges the issue

Your also rhino skinned

Not naming my source isn't ducking any issue. It just means I don't respect you enough to tell you who he is. And I also respect his right to privacy by not throwing his name around like confetti. I don't have anything to prove to someone who thinks it's ok to throw personal abuse at someone because he doesn't like the things he's reading.

I'd have thought that someone who has the year 1961 in his username would be someone in his fifties, rather than the petulant schoolchild you're behaving like right now.

And 'rhino skinned' doesn't even make sense.

:laugh:

Not naming my source isn't ducking any issue. It just means I don't respect you enough to tell you who he is. And I also respect his right to privacy by not throwing his name around like confetti. I don't have anything to prove to someone who thinks it's ok to throw personal abuse at someone because he doesn't like the things he's reading.

I'd have thought that someone who has the year 1961 in his username would be someone in his fifties, rather than the petulant schoolchild you're behaving like right now.

And 'rhino skinned' doesn't even make sense.

:laugh:

Your a contradiction in terms and that has no source

Even in the unlikely event you did have a source I wouldnt expect you to name him, but now that TW away you could  give us a few snippets of privileged information  you have at  hand, in why he was told to **** off

Until then why wouldnt i see you as a bare faced  sad pathetic liar

Put up or shut up I say

The Comedian

Aye what ever

Away and play with your source you complete spanner

You L I A R

He's not the only one to hear about Watt and his attitude issues while at the club.

Even with a new manager his loan has still been cut short and he hasn't really featured, paints its own picture IMO.

Maybe the case and who would be shocked

But that poster  stated in a matter of fact way about TW and when asked to elaborate on it went all weird   and smug

TW has gone it would be easy  to spill the beans or some

But nothing,,, why would  I have time for posters who come out with shite as if it was verbatim

He's not the only one to hear about Watt and his attitude issues while at the club.

Even with a new manager his loan has still been cut short and he hasn't really featured, paints its own picture IMO.

I wouldn't bother mate, you're probably just a liar too. 

Maybe the case and who would be shocked

But that poster  stated in a matter of fact way about TW and when asked to elaborate on it went all weird   and smug

TW has gone it would be easy  to spill the beans or some

But nothing,,, why would  I have time for posters who come out with shite as if it was verbatim

You're in your fifties FFS, behave like an adult :laugh:

It's ok to admit you were wrong about Tony Watt and the information I had, go ahead.

:)

I wouldn't bother mate, you're probably just a liar too. 

You're in your fifties FFS, behave like an adult :laugh:

It's ok to admit you were wrong about Tony Watt and the information I had, go ahead.

:)

What did TW do so wrong at Hearts go on tell us 

Tell the truth and shame the devil

What did TW do so wrong at Hearts go on tell us 

Tell the truth and shame the devil

According to my source, he would often be late for training and club events leading to a ?40 fine for each incident. After every game he would fly straight out to Spain to see his girlfriend for the rest of the weekend and sometimes would rock up to training late on the Monday. 

I heard that he turned up late to the pre-Christmas calendar signing as well as training that very day. Perhaps someone who was at the event can confirm whether or not he arrived after everyone else. Other things would range from setting off fire alarms by using the fire exits at Riccarton and turning up late for the bus to away games. According to the guy I know, he had a total lack of respect towards the management team and their authority.

We_are_the_Hearts

According to my source, he would often be late for training and club events leading to a ?40 fine for each incident. After every game he would fly straight out to Spain to see his girlfriend for the rest of the weekend and sometimes would rock up to training late on the Monday. 

I heard that he turned up late to the pre-Christmas calendar signing as well as training that very day. Perhaps someone who was at the event can confirm whether or not he arrived after everyone else. Other things would range from setting off fire alarms by using the fire exits at Riccarton and turning up late for the bus to away games. According to the guy I know, he had a total lack of respect towards the management team and their authority.

Hearts train virtually every Sunday. He wasn't late for the calendar signing. No one was although he was one of the later arrivals, he wasn't alone.

We_are_the_Hearts

My understanding is that they get a day off after every game.

Seen them quite a few Sunday's up at Riccarton.

Seen them quite a few Sunday's up at Riccarton.

Interesting. Wonder if it was in his contract that he was ok to miss Sunday training to head off to see his girlfriend.

We_are_the_Hearts

Interesting. Wonder if it was in his contract that he was ok to miss Sunday training to head off to see his girlfriend.

Who knows mate but they defo train a lot of Sundays. It was brought in as soon as the new regime took over. Not a bad idea when you consider the Hibs George Street culture. 

Thought his missus was living and studying in Italy.

Spain, I was told.

Malcolm Tucker

Spain, I was told.

She's Italian, studying back in Italy.

My understanding is that they get a day off after every game.

Monday is the day off

There was some interesting chat about this a while back with for example Michael Stewart explaining the benefits. Athletes often feel far worse on the second day and resting then is deemed better.

Hearts Sunday morning programme has been John Hill leading session involving weights etc, and some video analysis. Also did some yoga last season. Not every Sunday but most Sundays. Think it has been a 9.30 till 12.00 session. For me Sunday morning also encourages better behaviour on Saturdays.

Thought all this was well known.

Archived