Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

Tennant's  6's

Sutton saying he is hearing Watt is going back to Charlton and that Karl Robinson is keen to have him back!!!

:) :)

Good riddance if true. He's wasting his career and has done nothing at Hearts other than a few flicks & tricks...

He's probably not going to adhere to the way that Cathro & MacPhee want the team to play , with players interchanging in a structured kind of way.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paisley Jambo

Its petty granted but.....!!

Wee promo bit there from the squad going to the break on BT Sport re new year resolution...

After nedding about for the most part Watt then says (difficult to understand his grunts tbh) words similar to "I dont do anything wrong so wont have to change...."

Aye OK son!!!!!! The boy is beyond denial and my blood is boiling!!!

Get rid ASAP....

Watched that also.

Although it was a fun piece Watt didn't come across well. Actually gave the impression it was beneath him. His type is a bad influence on younger players and we need to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Juanma was there tonight in the stand. Wonder if he's coming back.

Thought I saw his face in the crowds before game, but assumed I was imagining it (maybe still was!).

I'd love to see him come back.

Jambof3tornado

Good. He's brought nothing to the team at all.

Window coming up could be interesting but for goings as well as comings.

A_A wehatethehibs

Be funny if Cathro got rid of Watt and Sammon and brought back Reilly and Juanma

To be honest that's probably what I'd do... Might as well, Reilly and Juanma would come back hungry to prove a point. They'd make a better contribution than watt and sammon.

On Watt - nobody would be sad to see him go.

Was he? Surprised at that.

Yep. He was actually behind the dugout before the game chatting to some of the younger u20s players. Was even wearing a Hearts tracksuit from memory.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was back come January 1st.

One word sums up Tony Watt: lazy.

He's been a huge disappointment and we aren't the first set of fans to think that. Will end up playing for Livingston or Airdrieonians.

Be funny if Cathro got rid of Watt and Sammon and brought back Reilly and Juanma

To be honest that's probably what I'd do... Might as well, Reilly and Juanma would come back hungry to prove a point. They'd make a better contribution than watt and sammon.

On Watt - nobody would be sad to see him go.

Juanma, Reilly and McGhee would all be useful additions to our current squad.

And King, for that matter.

Yep. He was actually behind the dugout before the game chatting to some of the younger u20s players. Was even wearing a Hearts tracksuit from memory.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was back come January 1st.

Might be controversial but I'd be happy with that. Say what you want about him but he knew where the back of the net is

John mcCartney

was told tonight that just behind us (lower t),that the tonemeister was on crutches

any punter verify that?

Im not massively surprised but it's a real shame. I remember thinking in August that we'd got a real player. And he was brilliant at Motherwell in September. But I can't deny he's been hopeless since then and has brought nothing to the team. I just wish that we'd been the team that brought the talent out. He'll be at Motherwell soon putting in a few good games in a dozen and no doubt some will be wondering why we let him go.

Clearly Mr Cathro has already worked out who he wants in his squad. I think it'll be an interesting January window.

Rudolf's Mate

As much as we've had issues with some of those players, I would like to see them under the new regime. Most of them anyway!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

was told tonight that just behind us (lower t),that the tonemeister was on crutches

any punter verify that?

That's where I sit, didn't look like he was on crutches. 

Might be controversial but I'd be happy with that. Say what you want about him but he knew where the back of the net is

Sadly did not know the offside rule or how to stand up when the wind blew. Still better than Sammon mind.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd gladly take Juanma back, he'd provide something different to what we can offer at the moment (if he felt like it !)

Having a manager who could tear him a new one in Spanish can only help !!

TW is further proof that judging a player after just a handful of games is a bit silly.

Overall Connor Sammon has had a more positive contribution that TW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i wish jj was my dad

This is a guy who could be a top player but will almost certainly end up a Gary J-O-S.

Spot on.

It was worth a gamble but if he doesn't want to get his act together he's going to go the same way.

any punter verify that?

That was Paterson.

He's built a career on 'that' goal.

Certainly has talent, but not the application, work rate or bravery to make it.

It's up to him as to whether he disappears out the game or not.

Watt has lots of skill, but he is not a talented football player. He is terrible at reading the game and has little end product. Smith has more assists than he had this season!

Great call by Cathro to send him back. No way would Watt fit into the progressive fast flowing football Cathro would like to create.

Juanma could do a job with the right attitude. Reilly for me just is not at SPFL level no matter how hard he tries and McGhee is too slow for this league. He might be ok alongside someone with pace and King is hardly setting the heather alight in the Highlands. No pun intended.

If we got shot of Reilly, King, McGhee, Oshaniwa and Sammon think of the money Cathro would have to bring in his own players. The big problem is getting them moved on of course.

Elias Henry Furst

If we got shot of Reilly, King, McGhee, Oshaniwa and Sammon think of the money Cathro would have to bring in his own players. The big problem is getting them moved on of course.

Are we suggesting that Neilson was the one who had the final say on signing the above players? Because if we aren't and Levein and Murray were involved what's to say we'd replace them with better?

Our whole approach to recruitment needs to be ripped up.

Glad he's away as well. There's talent in there but hearing stories about attitude and the likes there's no place here for him. Shame as at first we looked as though we had a real asset but that soon changed

Up at the last game at Inverness, Watt beat me out the car park at the end of the game, I doubt he even had a shower. Gone in minutes no time with the lads in the dressing room or a chat with the coach.

Winston Ingram

The most bizarre aspect of this is Charlton wanting him back. His "value" has decreased rather than increased surely during his time with us. 

The most bizarre aspect of this is Charlton wanting him back. His "value" has decreased rather than increased surely during his time with us.

New manager wants to see him in the flesh. Nothing new there. Wouldn't surprise me if any or all of Juanma, McGhee, King, Reilly end up back in Gorgie during January.

torino calcio

New manager wants to see him in the flesh. Nothing new there. Wouldn't surprise me if any or all of Juanma, McGhee, King, Reilly end up back in Gorgie during January.

Probably take a quick look at him and send him on loan somewhere else.

The most bizarre aspect of this is Charlton taking him back.

FTFY

Archived