Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most bizarre aspect of this is Charlton wanting him back. His "value" has decreased rather than increased surely during his time with us.

This. There must be a clause in that either side can terminate giving notice. I'd imagine that would be something that we would of invoked.

The most bizarre aspect of this is Charlton wanting him back. His "value" has decreased rather than increased surely during his time with us.

Might be part of the reason, what's the point in having him on loan here and still paying part of his wages if he isn't anywhere near the first team and losing value rapidly. Makes more sense for Robinson to have a look at him and just punt him permanent while someone else might still be daft enough to buy him.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If he used his close control, which is good, better and stopped trying to beat his man a second time then I felt he could have been utilised as a number ten but he didn't seem a team player so best he has left.

Those saying they would like to see a return for Juanma  have a point. With Johnsen chasing and closing down everything then maybe the wayward Spaniard could fit in as we need a scorer  to be in and around the Americans flick ons and hassling of defences !

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Lennon punted him though did he not?

Yep.  I really don't think Lennon rates him or can be bothered with the attitude / application problems.

Great skill which he used in all the wrong places creating little and finishing even less.

If he could actually regiment himself to the position he is meant to play he could have done something.

Bye Mr Watt.

Great skill which he used in all the wrong places creating little and finishing even less.

If he could actually regiment himself to the position he is meant to play he could have done something.

Bye Mr Watt.

He's taken the safe option doing what he does well. As in other threads those of us who saw every game can give a half decent report.

But he loses by not having improved his finishing and link up play. And his anticipation and sharpness. All the stuff that comes from hard work.

queensferryjambo

Shame it didn't work out but after watching him play glad to see the back of him.

I also believe he hindered Sammon early in the season with his lack of support up front.

Sammon took the pelters and Watt took the plaudits - both were equally as bad.

Tony watt can only play a free role in any team. 99% of managers won't give any player that role. A Luxury us,and most teams can't afford

New manager wants to see him in the flesh. Nothing new there. Wouldn't surprise me if any or all of Juanma, McGhee, King, Reilly end up back in Gorgie during January.

Regardless of how you rate them, they should.

Our squad is threadbare

Such a shame. Not that he's going -thank feck we're shot of him - but that he seems so determined to waste his talent. Loads of ability but horrible attitude.

Could be make or break for him

Sounds like he needs to work hard to build some bridges at Charlton too

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-tony-watt-3493974.aspx

Fantastic words from Robinson and tbh he has to give him ANOTHER chance (new to the job there and thinks he can get something nobody else could from TW) but alas it will come to nothing as the lad is a waster and a disgrace of a 'footballer'...

Just happy he is away from us and we can write his time off now as oppose to banging our heads against a brick wall until the summer :)

Pants Shaton

If someone could crack the psychology of these wasters (Goodwillie, Riordan, O'Connor, Watt...) you could earn a fortune. Such wasted talent.

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-tony-watt-3493974.aspx

So basically Watt will be in the door then straight back out it going by what the manager there is saying. He is never going to get an apology, or a response to hard work at training from th waster.

Just ****ing wow, needed pasting on the thread

Karl Robinson has confirmed that Tony Watt is set to return to Charlton.

The Manager was asked about the striker, who has been out on loan at Hearts, following Saturday?s 1-1 draw against Southend United at Roots Hall.

And he says that Watt will be back at the club in the next couple of days for testing.

?What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I?m going to run the legs off of him,? said Robinson. ?I?m going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club.

?That is the top and bottom of it. There have been a lot of questions about Tony, his mentality and desire, but no-one in this football world has ever questioned his talent.

?Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club. If you want to play football, come to a club with great young players, great fans and a great desire to improve and be better.

?I want him to prove that he can be one of the best players in this league. He?s got to come back for testing and, within that, we?ll see if he has got the application to be here.?

indianajones

Just ******* wow, needed pasting on the thread

Karl Robinson has confirmed that Tony Watt is set to return to Charlton.

The Manager was asked about the striker, who has been out on loan at Hearts, following Saturday?s 1-1 draw against Southend United at Roots Hall.

And he says that Watt will be back at the club in the next couple of days for testing.

?What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I?m going to run the legs off of him,? said Robinson. ?I?m going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club.

?That is the top and bottom of it. There have been a lot of questions about Tony, his mentality and desire, but no-one in this football world has ever questioned his talent.

?Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club. If you want to play football, come to a club with great young players, great fans and a great desire to improve and be better.

?I want him to prove that he can be one of the best players in this league. He?s got to come back for testing and, within that, we?ll see if he has got the application to be here.?

He'll be leaving a Charlton very shortly then.

No danger he'll pass this 'testing'.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

He'll be leaving a Charlton very shortly then.

No danger he'll pass this 'testing'.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It is quite some statement.  Complete speculation but I'd imagine one or more of the following.

1.  Charlton boss hates him.  He tried to sign him for MK but we beat them to it.  Refusal may not have been done with due grace at the time.

2.  We've sent word of any poor behaviour, and/or simply the fact we've exercised a right to bin him has meant this has not been received as great news in saaf laandan.

3.  I think he's on a decent wedge there; he was signed I think for a good fee from Belgium when Charlton were in the Championship.  They now find themselves in mid League 1, and feeling the need to be a lot less generous, so clear messages to ship up or shape out are the order of the day.

Whatever the reason, I can't escape the feeling that Watt deserves it.  Time for him to grow up if he can although I would not put a penny on that happening.

Diadora Van Basten

Unlikely that Watt will pass any test with his waste of space attitude.

Needs a man manager to turn him around and stop the downward spiral.

rudi must stay

Unlikely that Watt will pass any test with his waste of space attitude.

Needs a man manager to turn him around and stop the downward spiral.

needs to be at a top team that can create plenty of chances for him. I think part of his problem is that he's at club he thinks he's too good for. Fortunately for him he has so much talent I think he'll get another chance at a top club

Jambof3tornado

Given the content of the statement it makes it all the more amazing that Watt didnt embrace the opportunity we gave him.

Waste of a talent.

Sounds like the Charlton manager has been talking to either Levein or Robbie, or both.

Watt had a great opportunity with us and blew it.

So we've all just decided that as a matter of fact Watt is a waster?

Ok then...

Hi Tony!!!

The majority of folk that have actually seen him this season yeah absolutely...

...when was the last time you heard a manager talk about a player such as Karl Robinson has about TW?

To suggest anything other than he is a waster is frankly preposterous....

Harry Potter

Overrated sheite ,

Aye all that skill is over rated, ha ha, i for one will miss him, still say he never got a real chance but what do i know, wish the lad well .

Holding midfielder is his position.

He had a chance and he blew it.

Story of his career really.

Shambe because he is clearly extremely talented.

JeanLouisValois84

When he signed he said he was delighted to be back in Scotland with his family/girlfriend as he got really homesick. You'd have thought with this he would try like a dog to make an impact and a good impression with Hearts in order to get a deal. He's blown a great opportunity for himself.

So we've all just decided that as a matter of fact Watt is a waster?

Ok then...

His record and the amount of clubs he has been at speaks for itself, Robbie dropped him before he left the club and Ian Cathro never started him and he has now gone back to Charlton, Karl Robinsons statement speaks volumes as well

Aye all that skill is over rated, ha ha, i for one will miss him, still say he never got a real chance but what do i know, wish the lad well .

What are the manager's supposed to do though if his attitude aint right? Don't think anyone doubts his skill but he was ineffective for us, didn't score or create and generally looked like he couldn't be arsed unless it was for a mannequin challenge. Certainly not what Hearts need just now. No room for passengers.

Such a shame. Not that he's going -thank feck we're shot of him - but that he seems so determined to waste his talent. Loads of ability but horrible attitude.

Not sure he has a bad attitude.... I get the impression that he is just thick and doesn't have a football brain.

jack D and coke

Not sure he has a bad attitude.... I get the impression that he is just thick and doesn't have a football brain.

I'd tend to agree with that. Obviously can't take any instructions and when he gets pulled for it can't deal with it.

Thick as mince and will be doing something else within about 5 years I reckon. Delivering pizzas or something.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Alright, come on admit it, who can do a Levein accent and knows Robinson's mobile number?

He has focal dystonia

This. Ball sticks to him like glue at times but he insists on trying to beat 5 or 6 players and never played the right pass.

How old is Tony Watt ?

I remember him playing for Lierse and Standard...(Belgium)

Most of the time , sitting on the bench.

Archived