Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

Raging that a 'fantasist' and 'bare faced liar' has more insight into what goes on at HMFC than he does.

Enjoy the hurt mate, I'm enjoying it too.

:jjyay:

I don't know if true or not but I have also heard this from a mate who knows a few of the backroom staff.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Lithuania

I did hear that before Neilson left he argued with him about the way he was being treated and compared it to how Juanma was treated. This is from someone who works at the club.

Seems like a total bammer and you can see he doesn't give a s**t when he's playing. Total mercenary.

I did hear that before Neilson left he argued with him about the way he was being treated and compared it to how Juanma was treated. This is from someone who works at the club.

Seems like a total bammer and you can see he doesn't give a s**t when he's playing. Total mercenary.

You heard, lot of hearing these days, does not give a shit, ha ha, total bammer aye ok.

Watt is what 22? He plays almost like a teenager whi has just broken into the team at times.

Maybe this is a result of his misspent years at other teams and moving around so he hasn't developed the game intelligence to go with his undoubted talent.

Have to say though he provides the perfect challenge for Cathro's coaching ability. Turning Watt into a productive player would be an achievement. Same for Oshaniwa potentially.

Watt is what 22? He plays almost like a teenager whi has just broken into the team at times.

Maybe this is a result of his misspent years at other teams and moving around so he hasn't developed the game intelligence to go with his undoubted talent.

Have to say though he provides the perfect challenge for Cathro's coaching ability. Turning Watt into a productive player would be an achievement. Same for Oshaniwa potentially.

Great post, think he will prove his great ability, and plays wi 2 feet, not one sided, hes class

CornhillHearts

For me he plays like someone who's grown up being the star player in youth teams and been told to "just go and play".

He has to realise that he's playing with another 10 pros and give them respect by adding game discipline to his undoubted talent.

Captain Lithuania

You heard, lot of hearing these days, does not give a shit, ha ha, total bammer aye ok.

And who do you know who works for the club who's told you otherwise?

FWIW the person I heard this from has been absolutely spot on with regards to anything they've told me over the last two seasons. Not that I share it on here because of folk like you.

FWIW the person I heard this from has been absolutely spot on with regards to anything they've told me over the last two seasons. Not that I share it on here because of folk like you.

Appreciate the info you do share, but some idiots will call you a liar because they don't like what they hear.

Captain Lithuania

Appreciate the info you do share, but some idiots will call you a liar because they don't like what they hear.

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate.

I don't see why people are so quick to dismiss anything as bulls**t when they read it on here. They must think our lives are as hollow and dull as theirs to post made up nonsense on here.

There's a reason Watt has failed to settle at any club he's been at and that's because of his bad attitude.

He didn't look particularly engaged or committed on Saturday when he came on. Cathro has talked up Watt in the press but we'll see, I think he'll be back to Charlton during the winter break. It's a shame because there is a really decent player in there, he's just too much of a kid to reach his potential and doesn't seem to want to grow up. He'll need to wake up soon or his career could diminish.

Folk like me, ok my friend, only followed Hearts for 45 years but appreciate your post, KB at its best

If Watts discipline and attitude was so bad I'm pretty sure he would be either sent back to his club, banished to training alone or with the youth team.

Our DOF doesn't take any shit.

Captain Lithuania

Folk like me, ok my friend, only followed Hearts for 45 years but appreciate your post, KB at its best

Sorry. I should bow to your superiority being a better Hearts supporter than me. :thumbsup:

As has been touched upon in previous posts, it will be very interesting to see exactly what the new management team can achieve with regards to getting the most out of TW.

There is no doubt that he is a very skilfull footballer but the real challenge is bringing that skill to bear as part of a team effort. If Ian and Austin can coach Watt's playing style into something resembling a team effort and mentor/lead him (re the mental application required to be a top pro, if a significant attitudinal issue exists) we could really be on to something.

Only time will tell but I'd be lying if I didn't say I  would be really disappointed if Watt left under a cloud having contributed very little in his time with us. Here's hoping that won't be the case.

HHGH

:thumbsup:

Cheers mate.

I don't see why people are so quick to dismiss anything as bulls**t when they read it on here. They must think our lives are as hollow and dull as theirs to post made up nonsense on here.

There's a reason Watt has failed to settle at any club he's been at and that's because of his bad attitude.

It's a tragic existence if all you have to offer to a debate is that the other person is a liar. Sums up a lot of people on here tbh.

Agreed RE Watt. Some people need to have a look at how many clubs he's had at the age of 22 and why that is. 

Look at Grant Hanley. Piss average big laddie growing up. Had the mindset to keep the head down and used his strenghts to progress and still does. Hes piss poor yet still manages to play professional football. Watt is the exact opposite. Doesnt seem to care yet has all the attributes. Put hanleys mindset into watt and you have a impressive top class player. You can have all the skill in the world but if you dont have that mindset then you wont progress

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

portobellojambo1

I believe he had been causing a few problems in the dressing room. I get the impression he actually believes he is the complete footballer and cannot understand why he is no longer in the side. The answer to that is amongst the fans who have had to watch him in the side. It is as if his time at Celtic is replaying itself, there he scored against Barcelona, thought that was him fully certified, didn't want to learn any more or contribute any more and his time there quickly came to an end. Here he scores against Partick, his level of input starts dropping to non existent and he then thinks he is getting picked on by not being selected. I suspect he is never likely to appear on Mastermind.

Look at Grant Hanley. Piss average big laddie growing up. Had the mindset to keep the head down and used his strenghts to progress and still does. Hes piss poor yet still manages to play professional football. Watt is the exact opposite. Doesnt seem to care yet has all the attributes. Put hanleys mindset into watt and you have a impressive top class player. You can have all the skill in the world but if you dont have that mindset then you wont progress

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hard work will always overcome natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard enough.

I've thought that too. He's always looked like a hard enough worker to me. I don't know whether it's based on previous reputation. He hasn't kicked on from the start of the season but there's definitely a player in there. I'd like our management to get the best out of him rather than just punt him back. Agree that he looked short of confidence on Saturday. A goal might be all that he needs.

He's a player. It's up to the management team to assess his value to their squad. Interesting to see how they see him fitting in going forward. One thing for sure if he gets punted to someone else in the SPL he's guaranteed to score against us a la Danny Swanson

Sorry. I should bow to your superiority being a better Hearts supporter than me. :thumbsup:

You probably care for Hearts as much as me, was not point scoring just stating a fact.

Captain Lithuania

I believe he had been causing a few problems in the dressing room. I get the impression he actually believes he is the complete footballer and cannot understand why he is no longer in the side. The answer to that is amongst the fans who have had to watch him in the side. It is as if his time at Celtic is replaying itself, there he scored against Barcelona, thought that was him fully certified, didn't want to learn any more or contribute any more and his time there quickly came to an end. Here he scores against Partick, his level of input starts dropping to non existent and he then thinks he is getting picked on by not being selected. I suspect he is never likely to appear on Mastermind.

Sounds about right.

Wonder if all the clowns will jump down your throat now as you're a decent poster on here.

jack D and coke

Watt undoubtedly has bags of ability. Oshiniwa is a pudding.

Jack Kelly's Hands

How can a striker that doesn't score goals or have an end product have bags of ability?

So many clubs at such a young age tells me everything I need to know about Watt. A player we must bin asap.

I'm going to let Johan Cruyff handle Tony Watt.

"Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then you can work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right foot of your team mate."

"Someone who has juggled the ball in the air during a game, after which four defenders of the opponent get the time to run back, that?s the player people think is great. I say he has to go to a circus."

I'm going to let Johan Cruyff handle Tony Watt.

"Technique is not being able to juggle a ball 1000 times. Anyone can do that by practicing. Then you can work in the circus. Technique is passing the ball with one touch, with the right speed, at the right foot of your team mate."

"Someone who has juggled the ball in the air during a game, after which four defenders of the opponent get the time to run back, that?s the player people think is great. I say he has to go to a circus."

Who has more skill at Tynecastle, without losing games through injures, take it half u lot never watched bobby prentice.

Assuming he's picked for tonight's game , will he be hingin aboot with his sleeves over his hands feeling the cauld .

Assuming he's picked for tonight's game , will he be hingin aboot with his sleeves over his hands feeling the cauld .

His graft in every game is not an issue, works his socks off, no wonder they have holes in them. :2thumbsup:

Jambof3tornado

He can't pass and has no awareness of anything going on around him.

This. To me Tony Watt is the guy at primary school that was great with the ball at his feet but nobody liked as he never passed. If Cathro can get him to play with his head up Watt could still come good for us.

Conclusion - loan deal terminated in January.

He hasn't done enough and we should look at other options.

Can't argue with that unless he plays in the next three games has some assists and scores a few himself which I very much doubt.

Can't argue with that unless he plays in the next three games has some assists and scores a few himself which I very much doubt.

Hope he starts tonight, and scores at least one goal.

This. To me Tony Watt is the guy at primary school that was great with the ball at his feet but nobody liked as he never passed. If Cathro can get him to play with his head up Watt could still come good for us.

Plenty other good managers have tried and failed, just saying like!!!

Plenty other good managers have tried and failed, just saying like!!!

Maybe never liked him, as a person, anyway give him a chance.

When he got the winner at Thistle, you could see he definitely quite clearly cared.

Whether something has changed since then is unknown.

Bazzas right boot

I have faith, 1 game is going to send Tony on a run, people won't believe watt happened and he'll be greeeaat.

Looks like George Best sometimes

Skill bud, he has it, shame neilson never got it, but he never got hibs , 

true though some blinkers on here

Bazzas right boot

Skill bud, he has it, shame neilson never got it, but he never got hibs ,

true though some blinkers on here

Potter, you should get a wee book with your pearls of wisdom.

I'd buy it.

He oozes skill but it's his application which worries me the most at the moment and that would be more apparent when he plays in the middle rather than up top.

As much as I thought it at the start of the season, I no longer think Tony Watt is the answer to any of our problems.

23 today. Happy Birthday

Last chance perhaps to turn his career around.

A couple of signings and he might not play again though.

scott herbertson

Who has more skill at Tynecastle, without losing games through injures, take it half u lot never watched bobby prentice.

I did a bit of work with Mr Woo locally when he was trying to set up a world soccer skills tournament here in South London

Loads of 'skill' but not a professional football team player.

Watt it seems to me is similar - loads of close control skills but no awareness of what's around - is looking at the ball and the defenders' feet but not at the goals or his team mates

Archived