Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Tony Watt hits the ground running at a club, scoring in the first games or so, he will be a huge asset to any club. Problem Tony had at Hearts was he put too much pressure on himself to score and perform and the longer he went doing neither, he lost interest and lost his confidence. If you talk to any of the Hearts players, he was a popular boy within the dressing room, almost like a James keatings, could get on with everyone and liked to play a few pranks etc. It just never clicked for him here but I still think if he finds a club that suits him and one he likes, he'll be a great player. Bags of ability and potential.

If Tony Watt hits the ground running at a club, scoring in the first games or so, he will be a huge asset to any club. Problem Tony had at Hearts was he put too much pressure on himself to score and perform and the longer he went doing neither, he lost interest and lost his confidence. If you talk to any of the Hearts players, he was a popular boy within the dressing room, almost like a James keatings, could get on with everyone and liked to play a few pranks etc. It just never clicked for him here but I still think if he finds a club that suits him and one he likes, he'll be a great player. Bags of ability and potential.

Not disputing your point but you do realise the Hearts were just the latest of many clubs TW has failed to do what you have described! He has had enough opportunities for one so young...its clear his head and heart are not at the races....

Not disputing your point but you do realise the Hearts were just the latest of many clubs TW has failed to do what you have described! He has had enough opportunities for one so young...its clear his head and heart are not at the races....

Yeah I get that man. He's had loads of opportunities so far and blew them all. He will grow up tho, eventually, and if he's kept himself in shape and hasn't wasted his talents he could be a great player. Think Mr Hartley had, had his fair share of clubs before finding us. Sometimes at a club things just click. Unfortunately for both parties, it wasn't to be at Hearts.

Yeah I get that man. He's had loads of opportunities so far and blew them all. He will grow up tho, eventually, and if he's kept himself in shape and hasn't wasted his talents he could be a great player. Think Mr Hartley had, had his fair share of clubs before finding us. Sometimes at a club things just click. Unfortunately for both parties, it wasn't to be at Hearts.

Fair play to you for the positive thinking! I cant see past a waster unfortunately but time will either continue to tell or otherwise...

Fair play to you for the positive thinking! I cant see past a waster unfortunately but time will either continue to tell or otherwise...

Right now he's firmly in the waster camp. Just can't but hope he does better in the future. He's no a bad lad, just never really started in the game properly. He was propelled into stardom with "that goal" and he's tried to live off it for as long as possible. Hopefully he realises he needs to screw the nut and get stuck in at his next club.

He could end up at MK Dons, wouldn't be surprised.

Confirmation from Hearts:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5650

Tony Watt has returned to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis.

The striker has spent the past week training with the Addicks and today his loan deal at Hearts has been terminated.

23-year-old Tony made 17 appearances for the Jambos during his near six-month loan spell, scoring one goal; a memorable last-minute winner away to Partick Thistle back in August.

The club would like to thank Tony for his efforts during his time at Tynecastle and wish him well with his career at Charlton.

tartofmidlothian

Confirmation from Hearts:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5650

Tony Watt has returned to Charlton Athletic on a permanent basis.

The striker has spent the past week training with the Addicks and today his loan deal at Hearts has been terminated.

23-year-old Tony made 17 appearances for the Jambos during his near six-month loan spell, scoring one goal; a memorable last-minute winner away to Partick Thistle back in August.

The club would like to thank Tony for his efforts during his time at Tynecastle and wish him well with his career at Charlton.

You can almost hear the sigh and the shake of the head as that's being typed.

All the best, Tony. A good guy by all accounts, shame he couldn't realise his potential here.

August Landmesser

Looks like we'll never find out what was going on with his socks now...

:sob:

To be fair his last minute goal got my coupon up that day. Thanks for that. 

Looks like we'll never find out what was going on with his socks now...

:sob:

An opening for the wind blowing out his a**e.

Archived