Tony Watt - returns to Charlton

Harry Potter

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I know this sounds dramatic - and maybe it is - but I reckon he has 3 or 4 games to save his career (taking into the winter break, this takes us well into February) for which at the moment he is not even looking like playing in.

If nothing happens for him, it will most likely signal a wasted year and a return to Charlton to either see out the last year of his contract on big bucks, or a move to Motherwell.  At which point he'll be closer to 24 rather than 23; there is professional progression and improvement from then on; but not usually basic development.

I hope he realises this, and responds to it.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

He'l turn to the bevvy and end up playing for Hibs next season in the championship. 

Then turn to coke, chuck away his cup final losers  medal , get banned from every nightclub in auld reekie ...  :crowngrin:

Luscious Laryea

Another one with potential and an absolutely stinking attitude. I know for a fact he regularly makes an early exit from training (sometimes stays for just half an hour) and turns up late to signing events etc. Also known to brag about his salary to his team-mates. Clear to see the recurring theme of starting well, talking the talk then falling out with everyone.

He can get stuffed and enjoy playing for an Albion Rovers in a year or two.

Greedy_Jambo, on 29 Dec 2016 - 4:51 PM, said:

He'l turn to the bevvy and end up playing for Hibs next season in the championship. 

think the Hobos for him is a cert

William H. Bonney

Maybe a smart coach will be able to get the best out of him?

I'm assuming you mean Cathro? This is my hope too. He really is in last chance saloon though.

He is utter sh*** sooner he disappears the better.

This. He has been a massive let down and it's clear to see why he has had so many clubs at such a young age.

I imagine that to succeed as an elite sportsman in any field you pretty much need to dedicate your life to your chosen sport.

I get the impression that Tony isn't 100% dedicated to football.

scott herbertson

I imagine that to succeed as an elite sportsman in any field you pretty much need to dedicate your life to your chosen sport.

I get the impression that Tony isn't 100% dedicated to football.

I don't think he was unfit or anything, but his ability to interlink with his team was lacking at key points as was his composure at the key moments

Winston Ingram

There's exaggeration about how bad Watt has been, albeit understandable given his level of talent.

He was very poor in midweek games away at Killie and Hamilton (think the missed first half chance at Killie was a confidence blow he hasn't really got over). In both games, he was far from the only one. He also came on at Inverness and did really well. Since then, it has been little bits at end of games where he hasn't had the chance to make an impact. He is now a slight victim of circumstances... because there seems no desire to play him in U20 games, he has lost sharpness from the point where he wasn't fully fit in the first place.

Cutting his loan short probably easier said than done anyway. Why would Charlton agree to take him back (and pay him accordingly) when the deal was for a season? Watt stated he wanted to be back in Scotland so unless there was a mutual beneficial scene where another club here would take him (highly unlikely, surely) then he will be around until May. 

Less goals than Sammon ... striker is judged on goals, certainly an enigma .. but one we can do without .. good luck Tony bye for now

Could be worse, we could've embarrassed ourselves nationally by giving him a song and trying to get said song to crimbo number 1.

Anyone that clings to any hope of this imposter being able to finally get his act together can not have seen him much in a Hearts top...if you had you would realise what a disgrace he is...this was his last chance to salvage his reputation at a decent level and his lack of interest and teamwork have been evident for sometime...

His body language says everything you need to know about him...

If by some stroke of magic IC and co got a degree of output from him I would welcome it in a Hearts top but frankly just want to see him away asap and hopefully in January....

Also heard from someone who watches training that his attitude stinks. Bad example to have around the younger players

Could be worse, we could've embarrassed ourselves nationally by giving him a song and trying to get said song to crimbo number 1.

Now that is a beamer lol

Just another player with natural ability who might never realise his potential. Been at some decent clubs who were happy to let him go.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

If he is struggling for form, needs development - he should be given every chance and opportunity he deserves (but deserves i.e. not somehow higher in the pecking order for the sake of it.  If Zanatta shows he can perform, he should get his chance ahead of Watt).

If his attitude is poor, he should be out of the club this afternoon.

Zanatta coming on ahead of him on Tuesday night spoke volumes imo.

4-0 up at home is a good time to give youngsters game time. Imo if we were chasing the game Watt or Sammon would be on before Zanatta.

4-0 up at home is a good time to give youngsters game time. Imo if we were chasing the game Watt or Sammon would be on before Zanatta.

Why?

Voice of reason

Lots of tittle tattle about his attitude with no concrete evidence from what I can see. I try not to listen to unsubstantiated rumours. Anybody can tell the guys got talent. If his attitude is as bad as people say then I'm disappointed Cathro even has him on the bench to be honest. In fact, if he was training as badly as some are making out I would suspect we would have already cancelled his loan deal. This all points to him simply being benched due to poor performances rather than him being our equivalent of Joey Barton. I suspect Ian Cathro's future selection policy with him will let us see to some extent where the truth lies in terms of these rumours.

Lots of tittle tattle about his attitude with no concrete evidence from what I can see. I try not to listen to unsubstantiated rumours. Anybody can tell the guys got talent. If his attitude is as bad as people say then I'm disappointed Cathro even has him on the bench to be honest. In fact, if he was training as badly as some are making out I would suspect we would have already cancelled his loan deal. This all points to him simply being benched due to poor performances rather than him being our equivalent of Joey Barton. I suspect Ian Cathro's future selection policy with him will let us see to some extent where the truth lies in terms of these rumours.

You proabably don't know the terms of Watt's loan deal just like me but I would assume that there will be some sort of cash payment required if we ended the deal early.

Or maybe Cathro wants a little time to work with him to see if he gets any reaction from him otherwise I would imagine he will be back to his club as soon as the contract will allow.

This would free up a bit of money to popssibly bring in someone else more deserving of a chance at Hearts.

Experience I suppose. Definitely not talent if we're including Sammon.

One things for sure neither of them would be coming on and scoring the winner.

One things for sure neither of them would be coming on and scoring the winner.

If that was the criteria I'd put my name in the hat along with those two

If he has a brain in his head and there could lie the problem, he could listen and learn from Cathro & McPhee and we might see the undoubted talent that is there IMO and contribute to the team as a team player instead of an individual which has not worked under RN.

Holyrood_Hearts

Doesn't even make the bench tonight. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him returned to Charlton

I honestly still think he has a part to play this season

Your credibility has taken a dunt never to be recovered from sir! Can only think you dont take in many games with your comment...

August Landmesser

This could be the boot up the arse Watt needs to screw the nut, or else we'll never see him in a Hearts jersey again.

Win-win situation.

Its petty granted but.....!!

Wee promo bit there from the squad going to the break on BT Sport re new year resolution...

After nedding about for the most part Watt then says (difficult to understand his grunts tbh) words similar to "I dont do anything wrong so wont have to change...."

Aye OK son!!!!!! The boy is beyond denial and my blood is boiling!!!

Get rid ASAP....

Archived