Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Thunderstruck

Yet NHS Scotland outperforms all other parts?

Damnation by faint praise.

In other words, "we are (allegedly) better than the ******* English and that's all that matters".

You clearly aren't concerned that quality of care is declining. FFS, you don't even care that your Party of choice is diverting a couple of ?Billion of grant AWAY from NHSS - every year.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THe NHS is in a worse state than ever

IN Ayrshire one large practice has been taken over by the health board with 3-4 on the brink

that's practices closing and folks having NO GP

Even our immigrant GP's are emigrating

Its a workload and pay issue

Though mainly a workload issue

The difficulty is that the demands are spiralling out of control, the complaints are rising and the public are getting more demanding

So GP's are trying to retire as soon as they can, the young Docs are leaving the country, the females are refusing to return to full time work after maternity as doing the job full time is emotionally and physically really hard.

Recently our union did a "stress test " on GP's re anxiety and depression

MOre than 50 % of GP's randomly tested came back as severe anxiety, more than 30 % were clinically depressed.

GP's have higher rates of mental illness than nearly any other profession, and I think it is the highest suicide rate of any profession

Yet are massively less likely to take time off work..........mainly because we can't

Yes the NHS is still functioning- but it is at massive cost to its staff- many of whom are literally destroying their own well being to keep things going for their patients.

I've been NHS for 17 years now, and its deteriorating rapidly

its about to domino

several of my colleagues have jacked it in and left the country or just left their jobs to do something else

Never wondered why there are so few EU Dr's in this country?

Dont doubt a single word of that.

Is the NHS in England shite because of the SNP though?

The thing is, its been shite for over 50 years regardless of what colour is in power on either side of the border unyet, it marches on.

Starve it if funds

Watch it deteriorate

Announce its no longer fit for purpose & issue warnings on performance

Issue non achievable performance targets

Offer zero new ivestments other than token gestures

Watch it fail

Open a debate on privatisation

Pass a bill

Privatise

Thats whats coming.

Same as: The Post office, Royal Mail, British Steel, British Telecom, British Aerospace, British Leyland, Gas, Electric, Water, shipbuilding, BP, Jaguar, Cable & Wireless, British Airways, BAA, Coal, British Ports, Britoil, National Freight & council housing stock etc.

maroonlegions

Damnation by faint praise.

In other words, "we are (allegedly) better than the ******* English and that's all that matters".

You clearly aren't concerned that quality of care is declining. FFS, you don't even care that your Party of choice is diverting a couple of ?Billion of grant AWAY from NHSS - every year.

The Tories want the NHS privatised, like every other public service, they are vultures, they need their share holding mates to make a quick buck.   :toff:

"Broken leg, that will be ?50 to fix it please before  we can proceed... what you cannot afford health care insurance, move along, next please, ah cancer.. :toff: , you will need a second mortgage.. best see your bank". :uhoh2:

Dont let the Tory spin doctors tell ya different.  :beatnik2:

Space Mackerel

Lots of question, which I will try and answer, though I'll be honest I don't think you read my post correctly and jumped to a lot of stuff I never said

On the population thing. I would have thought it was fairly obvious but it's generally down to the increased pooling a resources. Give you greater flexibility in time of downturn but you can have a larger pool of resources to deal with contingencies. Whilst borrowing and the likes becomes much easier with larger asset base. That the economical bit. The rest is down to effective of governance so 5 or 500M is easily manageable is get governance right.

The larger countries in Europe tend to be the strongest not always, but in main. They handle it better due to the resisilence from larger economies. Small successful economies tend to be niche economies.

Who said Scotland wouldn't be able to suffer shocks? That's you making things up. However, again if you look at how Europe coped with the financial collapse the uK came out of it comparitively well to the rest of Europe. Particularly things like youth unemployment. It's the extent of the impact which is the issue.

How have other nations handled downturns? Very differently. The impact is still be felt massively in many countries for an event which happened close to 10 years ago. Hence the point it's the extent of impact.

Greece and a number of other countries did kind of collapse (maybe should have) even with the support of the Germans. Albeit it's a complex issue. To be honest the collapse thing is hyperbole from you all I have said is economic downturn. How do you get to collapse from that?

The bigger the better. They're lots of saying about size and benefits. They don't really mean very much though do they?

Doom and gloom stuff is again hyperbole from you. I think people need to be realistic about what will happen. Will the earth suddenly stop turning no. However, are we likely to see some form of downturn yes. That comes with consequences. Particularly, when people's plans to manage any transition seems to be non existent.

This is one of the thing that frustrates me a little bit with these debates is people deal in extremes to try and diminish points they don't like. That's more an observation than directed at you.

This sort of blows a massive huge hole in your argument that bigger is better does it not?

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-richest-countries-in-the-world.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thunderstruck

The Tories want the NHS privatised, like every other public service, they are vultures, they need their share holding mates to make a quick buck. :toff:

"Broken leg, that will be ?50 to fix it please before we can proceed... what you cannot afford health care insurance, move along, next please, ah cancer.. :toff: , you will need a second mortgage.. best see your bank". :uhoh2:

Dont let the Tory spin doctors tell ya different. :beatnik2:

Is Audit Scotland an arm of the Tory Party?

Space Mackerel

Any wonder why the U.K. doesn't want Scotland to leave when you see this list?

88fb43d7623c96eb3b224cf81ee4e5d3.png

No sign of the UK at all [emoji23]

Edited by Space Mackerel

HaymarketJambo

Don't worry Jeremy Corbyn is coming up to Perth this Sunday on a day-saver return to give the SNP what-for at the Scottish Labour Party conference.

Edited by HaymarketJambo

Don't worry Jeremy Corbyn is coming up to Perth this Sunday on a day-saver return to give the SNP what-for at the Scottish Labour Party conference.

Has he pre-booked a seat on the train this time though?

maroonlegions

Is Audit Scotland an arm of the Tory Party?

Dont give a feck mate, does not debunk the argument that  the UK Tories want the NHS privatised.

Jeremy fecking Hunt is all you need to look at. 

maroonlegions

Dont doubt a single word of that.

Is the NHS in England shite because of the SNP though?

The thing is, its been shite for over 50 years regardless of what colour is in power on either side of the border unyet, it marches on.

Starve it if funds

Watch it deteriorate

Announce its no longer fit for purpose & issue warnings on performance

Issue non achievable performance targets

Offer zero new ivestments other than token gestures

Watch it fail

Open a debate on privatisation

Pass a bill

Privatise

Thats whats coming.

Same as: The Post office, Royal Mail, British Steel, British Telecom, British Aerospace, British Leyland, Gas, Electric, Water, shipbuilding, BP, Jaguar, Cable & Wireless, British Airways, BAA, Coal, British Ports, Britoil, National Freight & council housing stock etc.

The way to keep the poor poor is to tax them.

12715390_1267659269927307_58754850862111

Cannot wait...

The Tories want the NHS privatised, like every other public service, they are vultures, they need their share holding mates to make a quick buck. :toff:

"Broken leg, that will be ?50 to fix it please before we can proceed... what you cannot afford health care insurance, move along, next please, ah cancer.. :toff: , you will need a second mortgage.. best see your bank". :uhoh2:

Dont let the Tory spin doctors tell ya different. :beatnik2:

In Europe most of the bigger nations don't have an NHS system. A tax funded system but state insurance and in part funding is better allocated on things like equipment, medication and so on. Hence the higher investment and better outcomes in say France or Holland.

Would people in the UK, in return for a better system, take a state insurance system?

A system where you make contributions each month to a policy regulated by the state and where your employer is also liable for a share of payment.

I've often thought with the budget squeeze and contracting tax take and ageing population this would increasingly be seen as a solution. You would need a Beveridge style cross-party approach to it though.

jack D and coke

Dont give a feck mate, does not debunk the argument that the UK Tories want the NHS privatised.

Jeremy fecking Hunt is all you need to look at.

I read a wee bit from John Major the other day saying he thought it was funny that Gove and Johnson campaigned about a brexit for extra NHS funds when Major said they are both fully committed to a privatised NHS.

That's what they want, be under no illusions the Tories want rid of it to sell it off to their pals.

Trapper John McIntyre

The man who tipped: 1f537.png Scottish Independence 1f602.png1f537.png EU Remain 1f602.png1f537.pngPresident Hillary Clinton 1f602.png Now has a racing tipster column!

C5hFPudXMAAIRs8.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Read any of Aussieh's posts?

Fair point well made on the bold part.

Then you open an argument regarding is it worth a potential lost generation through those difficult times. But that's a seperate point.

I don't think Aussie is an ethnic nationalist. I think he is being ironic. You said "some" Yes supporters so presumably there are more than one. If not it seems as if you are forming your view of indy on one person's ironic comments.  

In Europe most of the bigger nations don't have an NHS system. A tax funded system but state insurance and in part funding is better allocated on things like equipment, medication and so on. Hence the higher investment and better outcomes in say France or Holland.

Would people in the UK, in return for a better system, take a state insurance system?

A system where you make contributions each month to a policy regulated by the state and where your employer is also liable for a share of payment.

I've often thought with the budget squeeze and contracting tax take and ageing population this would increasingly be seen as a solution. You would need a Beveridge style cross-party approach to it though.

So, like some sort of National Insurance scheme?

Sounds vaguely familiar....

I've never stated that independence would be an immediate panacea to our economic situation.

I think that in time it could be.

The UK is facing uncertain times due to Brexit, the full ramifications of which we know not.  Hopefully it will all work out for the best, but again, like independence, there will be a period of time where the economy will suffer (IMO).

Independence isn't about what's in it for me now.  It's about what our society will be in 10, 20, 30 years time.  

As I've mentioned before on other threads, and possibly on this one, I'd be more than happy to remain in the UK if the political system was democratised and the nation federalised.  I doubt any of those things will happen soon, which leads me to conclude that Independence is the last resort, but the most attainable.

And yes, perhaps my biases do cloud my judgement!  Yet when I see and hear the likes of May, Johnson, Fox, Davies, Hunt etc I'm not exactly swayed by their arguments.

The UK is a democracy, it is a union that has stopped nationalism and difference from being the thing that is important.

Your life as you know it is based on our UK principles. Like democracy, universal education, the NHS, freedom of speech and freedom of religious belief, amongst others.

AlphonseCapone

The UK is a democracy, it is a union that has stopped nationalism and difference from being the thing that is important.

Your life as you know it is based on our UK principles. Like democracy, universal education, the NHS, freedom of speech and freedom of religious belief, amongst others.

Nationalism was the key to brexit.

Thunderstruck

We have had many reviews of NHS that have suggested change but they all come up against a Sacred Cow. Change is extraordinarily difficult when the vast majority of the population still think it was the World's first and still the best national healthcare system.

They are wrong on both counts - Germany has a system that can be traced back to the late 19th Century and NHS will be lucky to find itself in the Top 10.

The key to making change is an acceptance that what we have doesn't work and we absolutely must make changes if we are to have a Health Service that meets our needs. Finding a Party in power that will risk all to make change is almost impossible.

There are good examples of more effective Health Services around the World and we need to learn from them. We can start by accepting that a Public/Private mix is not heresy as it does work (the key being robust regulation).

AlphonseCapone

And are you pursuing Nationalism as a solution?

I'm not pursuing anything. Simply highlighting how the UK is as nationalistic as the SNP.

I'm not pursuing anything. Simply highlighting how the UK is as nationalistic as the SNP.

I am quite happy to settle in a place that isn't nationalistic. 

I genuinely don't understand what you wrote there. 

I think you mean  "snp is nationalist, so what, england is too..."

AlphonseCapone

I am quite happy to settle in a place that isn't nationalistic.

I genuinely don't understand what you wrote there.

I think you mean "snp is nationalist, so what, england is too..."

I genuinely can't help you understand any better.

A pub I know is letting o of it manager cos of these business rate rises. A small art business having all its profits taken.

Can anyone justify this theft from the wealth generators and continued middle class squeeze or is it just another thing we should congratulate the tireless efforts of our great leaders on in the one party state?

Trapper John McIntyre

Sadiq Khan putting some final nails in Scottish labour?

Shame :rofl:

Bateman is a leading light of the Nat media. His work is promoted by senior SNP figures. Prediction: Both will still be true after this.

C5lU91nWgAETT7q.jpg
0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

So, like some sort of National Insurance scheme?

Sounds vaguely familiar....

Yes. But no. NI has never really been hypothecated to these things for 50 years.

The difference is one would be rewuired to seek a policy from state regulated providers. Rather than just a state run health system.

AlphonseCapone

I don't think anyone could make me understand that any better.

You said the UK had stopped nationalism, even though it was used as a strong component of the brexit campaign. Therefore the UK's exit from the EU was based on nationalism for a lot of people. The complete opposite of your statement.

I would argue it's not the UK as such but certain wings of the Tory party, the right wing press and UKIP which are being nationalistic.

This stuff always crops up when wages and living cinditions stagnate it becomes a blame game which these people latch onto and exacerbate for their own goals and aims.

Independence can (and I stress can in the sense of in some peoples views rather than a definitive is) be viewed as very similar to the Brexit debate and it's want to repatriate "democracy" closer to the people. Or to stop people "we didn't elect" making big decisions on our behalf. Just because a Commissioner is appointed by the Dutch government for (say) agriculture and fishing doesn't make his legitimacy in decision making any less valid or right than if he were British. Much like an MP for Dorset making winning a seat and taking a vote which impacts Scotland any less democratic as those elected in Coatbridge. The process generating the outcomes of their decisions legitimises it.

That negates both the control and democratic deficit arguments of Nationalism and Brexit (imo).

If you want independence it should be because:

1. You believe Scotland should be sovereign.

2. That it's political culture or the needs of Scots differ greatly from the UK, and

3. Because it offers a better way forward.

All this "End London Rule" stuff and the political "no Tories in Scotland" to me is vacuous because the system doesn't work like that. Equally, the rhetoric is harmful to the future of an independent Scotland because the vitriol of it and the nature in which nationalism elevates the notion of say British interests or Scottish interests strains and diminishes the common ground. Like May is finding out on Brexit with a jilted and hardened EU, I reckon it only natural that the a UK/Scottish relationship would be as strained and difficult.

Nationalism helps nobody in the long term. It homogenises the people of the places it exists in and it elevates the whole (the one nation) over the varied a different needs and concerns of various groups within the nation. An us v them mentality.

Space Mackerel

I would argue it's not the UK as such but certain wings of the Tory party, the right wing press and UKIP which are being nationalistic.

This stuff always crops up when wages and living cinditions stagnate it becomes a blame game which these people latch onto and exacerbate for their own goals and aims.

Independence can (and I stress can in the sense of in some peoples views rather than a definitive is) be viewed as very similar to the Brexit debate and it's want to repatriate "democracy" closer to the people. Or to stop people "we didn't elect" making big decisions on our behalf. Just because a Commissioner is appointed by the Dutch government for (say) agriculture and fishing doesn't make his legitimacy in decision making any less valid or right than if he were British. Much like an MP for Dorset making winning a seat and taking a vote which impacts Scotland any less democratic as those elected in Coatbridge. The process generating the outcomes of their decisions legitimises it.

That negates both the control and democratic deficit arguments of Nationalism and Brexit (imo).

2. That it's political culture or the needs of Scots differ greatly from the UK, and

All this "End London Rule" stuff and the political "no Tories in Scotland" to me is vacuous because the system doesn't work like that. Equally, the rhetoric is harmful to the future of an independent Scotland because the vitriol of it and the nature in which nationalism elevates the notion of say British interests or Scottish interests strains and diminishes the common ground. Like May is finding out on Brexit with a jilted and hardened EU, I reckon it only natural that the a UK/Scottish relationship would be as strained and difficult.

Nationalism helps nobody in the long term. It homogenises the people of the places it exists in and it elevates the whole (the one nation) over the varied a different needs and concerns of various groups within the nation. An us v them mentality.

8ab4d0af8441355b862fe91642531c0a.jpg

8ab4d0af8441355b862fe91642531c0a.jpg

:lol:

If you read that post again you'll see I have no truck with either the new populist British nationalism or Scottish nationalism.

Frankly I do not believe you need to be a nationalist to vote yes or a unionist to vote no. See the Greens. I wouldn't say they were a nationalist party.

Space Mackerel

:lol:

If you read that post again you'll see I have no truck with either the new populist British nationalism or Scottish nationalism.

Frankly I do not believe you need to be a nationalist to vote yes or a unionist to vote no. See the Greens. I wouldn't say they were a nationalist party.

You should maybe tell the Mayor of London that?

You should maybe tell the Mayor of London that?

Think he said something very similar. Nationalism by its nature is divisive. Be it Brexit or independence.

Space Mackerel

Think he said something very similar. Nationalism by its nature is divisive. Be it Brexit or independence.

I take it you've not been following the news this weekend. He gave notice of his speech to the Daily Record then changed it when he actually gave it at the conference.

Anyway, I remember listening to Tom Morton on the radio for the BBC, a Labour man and now converted to the SNP and independence.

If you believe 1, then surely 2 & 3 are natural extensions?

Unless its former colonies going for it?

Edited by Boris

Arnold Rothstein

Astounding level of hypocrisy

8dd21c63654cf27301776be60e4a80be.png

Is it really? Independence for Scotland is hardly akin to that of Pakistan or India.

Space Mackerel

Is it really? Independence for Scotland is hardly akin to that of Pakistan or India.

I'll reply to this but hopefully others will just laugh at your astounding stupidity demonstrated with this post.

Arnold Rothstein

I'll reply to this but hopefully others will just laugh at your astounding stupidity demonstrated with this post.

To be honest mate, the majority of us have been doing that with 99% of your posts so i'm in decent company.

I await your reply with baited breath. 

To be honest mate, the majority of us have been doing that with 99% of your posts so i'm in decent company.

I await your reply with baited breath. 

They are so aggressive and full of hate, nationalism is horrible.

Edited by Australis......

Space Mackerel

They are so aggressive and full of hate, nationalism is horrible.

[emoji23][emoji23]

More utter Yoon pish.

Space Mackerel

What's google come up with champ?

Are you still struggling with the dictionary definition of hypocrisy?