Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Seriously, you need to stop associating a vote for the SNP with a vote for independence.

Do you think the SNP would've won as many seats as they did in 2015 if they had said returning a majority of SNP MPs would cause independence? Or last year in 2016?

Personally, independence is hobbled by the whole movement circles one party and one institution in the SNP. Devolution was broader - trade unions, churches, charities, Liberals, Greens, Labour, SSP, businesses- were all a lot more prominent and all willing to cooperate. They designed a parliament in theory which was brought into effect by the Scotland Act. The independence movement has no equivalent. None.

Separate your party from the movement a minute. Broaden it. Make the movement the vehicle and the SNP a passenger.

This.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Yes movement haven't botched their bubble, the Brexit vote just burst the Better Together one.

Honestly jambo x 2, you're a good poster but you don't come out with some rubbish!!

No... I'm saying that the Yes Movement has not yet moved on from 2014. It is riding that wave. It has no new answers to its failings of that campaign.

No idea, I've not asked him.

Strange. He sends you a photo of his new Chalet that looks suspiciously like it was downloaded from the web and he doesn't say where it is?

I think you've been duped.

Space Mackerel

No... I'm saying that the Yes Movement has not yet moved on from 2014. It is riding that wave. It has no new answers to its failings of that campaign.

Give it time, it's the Tories who are banging on about this referendum, not us. Have a little patience. It's being well addressed in meetings up and down the country I can assure you.

Space Mackerel

Strange. He sends you a photo of his new Chalet that looks suspiciously like it was downloaded from the web and he doesn't say where it is?

I think you've been duped.

Probably not a good time to tell you my mate has a ski in/ski out chalet at the foot of the tow in Kicking Horse too then. I've been there for free, well flights I paid for. :lol:

The Tories love discussing it! That's what explains their "surge"!

You sound rattled ? So in your Independent Scotland, there's no right wing voice? There's no Scots that believe in personal responsibility, small government and the free market?

Doesn't sound very Scottish to me.....

Probably not a good time to tell you my mate has a ski in/ski out chalet at the foot of the tow in Kicking Horse too then. I've been there for free, well flights I paid for. :lol:

I need to meet this mate of yours. I'm taking a group to Switzerland in March and need accom. That Chalet looks perfect. They are oilmen and will pay top dollar. 12 guests.

Brexit bill passed overwhelmingly tonight in the UK parliament

.........................................................but Nicola said there would be no Brexit.

Not all who voted SNP support independence. Some just think they are better option for Westminster and Holyrood than the other options.

That's why the "yes" vote at the referendum and in subsequent polls has not got close to 50%.

You don't think this is close http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/support-for-independence-surges-to-49.html  And you don't recognise the direction of travel given the material change in circumstances.

Brexit bill passed overwhelmingly tonight in the UK parliament

.........................................................but Nicola said there would be no Brexit.

When did she say this?

Who knows when she said it because she says so much and makes so much noise that it better to ignore her and all her threats. Why don't her and the SNP just concentrate on governing Scotland?

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Space Mackerel

When did she say this?

You must know by now, this thread is not about SNP nonsense, UKIP/Tory nonsense, their supporters on here have made it so.

You don't think this is close http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/support-for-independence-surges-to-49.html And you don't recognise the direction of travel given the material change in circumstances.

Same comment as on the eve of the last one. Beware the silent majority. They don't respond to polls but they do vote.

Come on Nicola- is announce Indy2 or shut yer piehole- hard Brexit is on. So step up.

Step up Nats. Nows the time and nows the hour etc.

Unless of course you are scared.

Space Mackerel

Same comment as on the eve of the last one. Beware the silent majority. They don't respond to polls but they do vote.

Come on Nicola- is announce Indy2 or shut yer piehole- hard Brexit is on. So step up.

Step up Nats. Nows the time and nows the hour etc.

Unless of course you are scared.

Erm, have you triggered Article 50 yet? We are no further forward since the Brexit referendum if you actually think about it.

All we actually know in Scotland is that this Union is not a proper equal Union, it's England doing what it has always done, bully over the other 3 constituent parts.

Erm, have you triggered Article 50 yet? We are no further forward since the Brexit referendum if you actually think about it.

All we actually know in Scotland is that this Union is not a proper equal Union, it's England doing what it has always done, bully over the other 3 constituent parts.

The good old Scottish grievance card.

Give it time, it's the Tories who are banging on about this referendum, not us. Have a little patience. It's being well addressed in meetings up and down the country I can assure you.

The SNP have mentioned independence regularly since the Brexit vote. They're reacting to it as much.

I'm glad you're addressing "it". But have your higher ups got a clue. From speaking to a few SNP members it sounds like your meetings are talking shops for a campaign you've not got sign off to fight rather than say health and education.

You need to be addressing the failures of the Yes Campaign:

- overly SNP

- no answers to the big failings of the campaign

- a Yes campaign run from SNP HQ by SNP staffers

- a lack of variety of vision

- not courting the soft-Tories

At present, the no side can fill the void with no plan and erode confidence in your plans.

Also - the SNP are utterly alienating Yes voting Leavers.

You don't think this is close http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/support-for-independence-surges-to-49.html And you don't recognise the direction of travel given the material change in circumstances.

One poll? This is like your Corbyn leading polls. It was 3 separately in a sea of trailing behind Cameron and May over 6 months with no trend. Again, no trend here.

As I said to Cosmic Tuna the Yes side need to cool their jets.

The SNP have mentioned independence regularly since the Brexit vote. They're reacting to it as much.

I'm glad you're addressing "it". But have your higher ups got a clue. From speaking to a few SNP members it sounds like your meetings are talking shops for a campaign you've not got sign off to fight rather than say health and education.

- overly SNP

At present, the no side can fill the void with no plan and erode confidence in your plans.

Indeed they are losing support in the NE as they are strong Leave due to the fishing grounds issue.

Space Mackerel

- overly SNP

The failures of the Yes campaign that took it from somewhere from high 20's to low 30's to 46 ish?

That failure?

You should get yourself along to a few meetings and workshop groups. Failing that, they broadcast live feeds from them too. Get sunbscribed on YouTube.

Space Mackerel

Indeed they are losing support in the NE as they are strong Leave due to the fishing grounds issue.

Is that the daft fisherman that nearly wiped out their stocks in the 70's moaning now?

HaymarketJambo

Who knows when she said it because she says so much and makes so much noise that it better to ignore her and all her threats. Why don't her and the SNP just concentrate on governing Scotland?

She and the SNP are governing that's why the SNP won last year's Holyrood Election.

Space Mackerel

One poll? This is like your Corbyn leading polls. It was 3 separately in a sea of trailing behind Cameron and May over 6 months with no trend. Again, no trend here.

As I said to Cosmic Tuna the Yes side need to cool their jets.

You want us to shut up and know our place?

Sounds awful Tory? Sure youre Nu Labour? Hmmmmmmm, I smell something.

She and the SNP are governing that's why the SNP won last year's Holyrood Election.

Not very well though, hence the Tory "surge"?

Trapper John McIntyre

The failures of the Yes campaign that took it from somewhere from high 20's to low 30's to 46 ish?

That failure?

You should get yourself along to a few meetings and workshop groups. Failing that, they broadcast live feeds from them too. Get sunbscribed on YouTube.

That's right. You nearly won.

Trapper John McIntyre

Polls were at 59% for Indy immediately after Brexit.

Didn't last long (about one day in fact).

HaymarketJambo

LOL, sorry no. SNP all the way. 

Fair play to the Tories for beating Labour at the Holyrood Elections last year.    

Edited by HaymarketJambo

Trapper John McIntyre

Between the gnatz and Corbyn, they actually make the Tories appear  attractive.

Nice one from old Theresa today. Certainly put Angus Robbo in his place.

Space Mackerel

That's right. You nearly won.

Not long till you're handing in your purple or blue passport in for a nice tartan one though Thrapper.

And you can take that to the bank.

Not long till you're handing in your purple or blue passport in for a nice tartan one though Thrapper.

Don't take it to a Scottish Bank though. There won't be any.

Trapper John McIntyre

C4K44gRWAAAbVgs.jpg

Trapper John McIntyre

It'll be called the black market when it happens.  For those left in Scotland that is.

Sorry, I forgot, you are allowed to attribute anything you like to the SNP and don't have to justify any of your claims. Why do so many people vote for the SNP if their governance is so poor?

Trapper John McIntyre

Sorry, I forgot, you are allowed to attribute anything you like to the SNP and don't have to justify any of your claims. Why do so many people vote for the SNP if their governance is so poor?

That's a question those of us with intelligence have been asking ourselves for years.

That failure?

You didn't convince 55% of the electorate that is a failure.

I'm not committed to your cause. I think nationalism is utterly irrelevant be it civic or not. Jobs, wages, education, health, housing matter. They transcend nationalism.

My views are a neutral looking in.

They feel they've nothing left to lose, they need someone to blame and they don't get out much?

Space Mackerel

It'll be called the black market when it happens.  For those left in Scotland that is.

What's all this then? North of a ?1 trillion pounds?

You two posters just make things up in your heads eh? :lol:

Space Mackerel

You didn't convince 55% of the electorate that is a failure.

I'm not committed to your cause. I think nationalism is utterly irrelevant be it civic or not. Jobs, wages, education, health, housing matter. They transcend nationalism.

My views are a neutral looking in.

So why bother voting Yes in the first one and then say you are leaning to a No this one.

And why hundreds of posts in this thread?

But you're not bothered?

Jesus Christ Spacey :haha:

I'm not saying shut up. I'm saying address your failings as a movement- loudly or quietly- then sell us a winning narrative and vision.

All this Tory/Nu Labour stuff kinda detracts from what we are duscussing.

My point to Coco is again he using selective polling to suggest a trend. A while back he claimed Corbyn could and had led in polls and that showed a trend before the resignations last summer. There were 3 separate leads months apart. This is ONE poll. Hardly a material change and No still leads. Little steps to bigger things.

In event of Indy RBS and BoS will be screwed as the vast majority of their clients are in England.

They will close their accounts and move to English Banks as they are underwritten by the U.K. give in case of collapse.

And you can take that to the Bank.

Trapper John McIntyre

Indy Scotland: Europe's biggest open air car boot sale.

HaymarketJambo

You're the one that constantly equates election results with competent government LOL

I do, you are correct.

That's why we have a SNP government and not a Tory government in Scotland. :tiny:  

Edited by HaymarketJambo

I do, you are correct.

That's why we have a SNP government and not a Tory government in Scotland. :tiny:

Indeed. And also explains why Indy is doomed. Peeps are happy with current situation.

Space Mackerel

Jesus Christ Spacey :haha:

I'm not saying shut up. I'm saying address your failings as a movement- loudly or quietly- then sell us a winning narrative and vision.

All this Tory/Nu Labour stuff kinda detracts from what we are duscussing.

My point to Coco is again he using selective polling to suggest a trend. A while back he claimed Corbyn could and had led in polls and that showed a trend before the resignations last summer. There were 3 separate leads months apart. This is ONE poll. Hardly a material change and No still leads. Little steps to bigger things.

My part in the movement is to donate money to the SNP, I think it's my small part in combatting the millions that are handed out to the Tory party and the Better Together, think of it like my other donation to FoH, lots of small ones makes a big one.

My posts on here are purely to combat the lies and misinformation that is all to apparent in these anti SNP threads, it's basically an offshoot of the Daily Mail/Express readerships pages.

We will win the next Indy ref, that is a 100% fact.

I do, you are correct.

And that's why our economy is stagnated, unlike England.

Space Mackerel

In event of Indy RBS and BoS will be screwed as the vast majority of their clients are in England.

They will close their accounts and move to English Banks as they are underwritten by the U.K. give in case of collapse.

And you can take that to the Bank.

One small flaw, all the English banks have moved to Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt and Paris by then :lol: