Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You need to read the original post about the word "games". Fb responded differently. I only ask about where people are born as most are against independence that aren't born here or have English parentage. Nothing wrong with that, it's the insulting nature of the posts from them. 

If that isn't about racism I don't know what is.  What seriously makes you think that questioning people's parentage and birthplace is remotely relevant to the argument.

I've made it crystal clear that my issue is with the SNP and their lack of transparency over their independence agenda.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If that isn't about racism I don't know what is.  What seriously makes you think that questioning people's parentage and birthplace is remotely relevant to the argument.

I've made it crystal clear that my issue is with the SNP and their lack of transparency over their independence agenda.

If you believe that then question you're own judgement. Most people born in England and have English parentage in Scotland oppose independence. What is wrong with that? It's not racist, it's just an opinion. My best mate at school was black so I've seen racism very closely! 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

If you believe that then question you're own judgement. Most people born in England and have English parentage in Scotland oppose independence. What is wrong with that? It's not racist, it's just an opinion. My best mate at school was black so I've seen racism very closely! 

Where is your proof of this?  One of the guys I used to work with was from Luton and actively campaigns for the SNP.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Where is your proof of this?  One of the guys I used to work with was from Luton and actively campaigns for the SNP.

It's my own thoughts and opinions. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So you just made up a statistic about English people based on your prejudices?

Prejudices? I have English family and friends and most of them are against independence or joke about it. 

Felix Lighter
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The fact is both were lies with the intention of winning a vote by deception.  Dodgy dossier vs Dodgy white paper are much the same.

The white paper demonstrated exactly why the SNP aren't fit to take us out the union.

That isn't what you said though.You clearly stated the SNP white paper was worse than Blairs lies which cost untold numbers of dead.Do you stand by that statement Fb ?

The simple fact is we were able to vote on the contents of the white paper and its vagaries. 

I don't remember us getting a vote on going to war in Iraq.

Utterly crass comparison imo, but unsurprising from the likes of you,who until very recently, pre Levein u-turn, could be found over on the Terrace attacking anyone who disagreed, stating they were pant wetting simpletons who didn't understand football.

Let me guess Frankie boy, the people on this thread who disagree, 'they don't understand politics/economics', correct?  

You are a feckin' clown son.

ps playing the race card...GTF.

Edited by Felix Lighter

6 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

That isn't what you said though.You clearly stated the SNP white paper was worse than Blairs lies which cost untold numbers of dead.Do you stand by that statement Fb ?

The simple fact is we were able to vote on the contents of the white paper and its vagaries. 

Utterly crass comparison imo, but unsurprising from the likes of you,who until very recently, pre Levein u-turn, could be found over on the Terrace attacking anyone who disagreed, stating they were pant wetting simpletons who didn't understand football.

Let me guess Frankie boy, the people on this thread who disagree, 'they don't understand politics/economics', correct?  

Good post FL. 

17 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

:rofl:

Dry your eyes, pal.  I can taste those salty tears from here.

The general election result has clearly ruined your Indy fantasy.

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

Dry your eyes, pal.  I can taste those salty tears from here.

The general election result has clearly ruined your Indy fantasy.

No credibility. 

32 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

No credibility. 

I am truly hurt by your comments. :rofl:

Your last post was truly pathetic.  A tantrum a 10 year old would think better of. 😭

Go and have a lie down. 👍

Felix Lighter
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am truly hurt by your comments. :rofl:

Your last post was truly pathetic.  A tantrum a 10 year old would think better of. 😭

Go and have a lie down. 👍

Rather than be hurt by my comments you should perhaps address them and answer them.

The fact is both were lies with the intention of winning a vote by deception.  Dodgy dossier vs Dodgy white paper are much the same.

The white paper demonstrated exactly why the SNP aren't fit to take us out the union.

Naw. Failure to anticipate the future price of oil or clarify tuition fees & EU membership isn't necessarily lying and definately isn't the same as making up a threat that doesn't exist to justify invading another country , where hundreds of thousands of innocents and a high profile UN weapons inspector, lost their lives !

The two aren't remotely compatible yet you note the SNP white paper is worse then the dodgy dossier. How many lives were lost as a result of the white paper !?

It's a ridiculous analogy , and you know it.

So you just made up a statistic about English people based on your prejudices?

I don't think he did. I thought this was a well established fact.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/majority-of-scottish-born-voters-said-yes-z7v2mmhc8nt

Now what about all those lies you keep accusing the SNP of.  Do you have any specifics or are you just name calling because you can't substantiate any of your claims.

What are you on about now with your allegations of cover up with AS? Is this like the hospital thing they covered up with a public enquiry?

He can't be prejudiced if what he says is true can he? Perhaps an apology is in order after all you're the one that frequently complains of personal abuse.

5 hours ago, frankblack said:

:facepalm:

File alongside -

"The ointment is for a friend"

"I have several black/gay/etc,. etc., (delete/insert as necessary) friends"

"The cheque's in the post"

Etc., etc.......

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I don't think he did. I thought this was a well established fact.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/majority-of-scottish-born-voters-said-yes-z7v2mmhc8nt

Now what about all those lies you keep accusing the SNP of.  Do you have any specifics or are you just name calling because you can't substantiate any of your claims.

What are you on about now with your allegations of cover up with AS? Is this like the hospital thing they covered up with a public enquiry?

He can't be prejudiced if what he says is true can he? Perhaps an apology is in order after all you're the one that frequently complains of personal abuse.

I wouldn't hold your breath re this one cd.

frankie boy doesn't do apologies or fact based replies therefore, requesting an fact based apology - not happening.

frank is the Celtic of this thread - Always Offended, Never Ashamed.

14 minutes ago, Coolio said:

File alongside -

Etc., etc.......

frankie boy doesn't do apologies or fact based replies therefore, requesting an fact based apology - not happening.

Surely he'll be along in a wee while to argue his point or apologise.

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Felix and felix lighter quoting the same poster and arguing the same point. Are they the same person 

Eh no.

It would take frank black levels of stupidity to think you'd get away with it.

Grow up.

4 hours ago, Coolio said:

File alongside -

Etc., etc.......

Way to go quoting out of context.

Looks like the Nats are all upset on this thread while I have been out for the evening.

My parentage and race was questioned in relation to politics which is a touchy subject with me as my old man passed a few months ago.  If some SNP posters use race to separate voters they have a big problem.

I can see some Nats are upset but the General Election result is conclusive.  Indy Ref 2 is off and it's time to grow up.

Edited by frankblack

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Way to go quoting out of context.

Looks like the Nats are all upset on this thread while I have been out for the evening.

My parentage and race was questioned in relation to politics which is a touchy subject with me as my old man passed a few months ago.  If some SNP posters use race to separate voters they have a big problem.

I can see some Nats are upset but the General Election result is conclusive.

Sorry for your loss fb. I only put the question out there as it would appear most people with English parentage don't wish Scotland to be self governing. I'm not an upset Nat. Scots support independence and Brits don't. These are only my opinions. Hope this post finds you well. 

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sorry for your loss fb. I only put the question out there as it would appear most people with English parentage don't wish Scotland to be self governing. I'm not an upset Nat. Scots support independence and Brits don't. These are only my opinions. Hope this post finds you well. 

Thanks Roxy for the kind words.  

My view on English resistance up here would be people not wanting to be separated from family, and friends.  Then you have factors about currency and financial equivalence with our neighbours.

If we left and the rest of the UK prospered while we were left behind that would create resentment.

Edited by frankblack

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Thanks Roxy for the kind words.  

My view on English resistance up here would be people not wanting to be separated from family, and friends.  Then you have factors about currency and financial equivalence with our neighbours.

If we left and the rest of the UK prospered while we were left behind that would create resentment.

Genuine question, are you serious?

The UK is a laughing stock as far as the rest of Europe is concerned and you talk of the UK prospering!

Answer me this, if you are serious re your point (in bold) above :

What makes you so dismissive of the resentment felt by so many Yes supporters regarding their desire to see an independent Scotland that they think would prosper? 

11 hours ago, Coolio said:

The UK is a laughing stock as far as the rest of Europe is concerned and you talk of the UK prospering!

What makes you so dismissive of the resentment felt by so many Yes supporters regarding their desire to see an independent Scotland that they think would prosper? 

My biggest issue with the SNP is that they were supposed to be ready to be independent in 2014.  They lost that referendum then their white paper - their document justifying Independence - was later shown to be complete nonsense as the oil price crashed. 

We are about to go six years on from that and the SNP are not willing to give details on how they will become independent and more importantly what the impact will be both positive and negative.  I think after 2014 these plans need detailed scrutiny so we don't get sold a lemon.

14 hours ago, Coolio said:

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

My biggest issue with the SNP is that they were supposed to be ready to be independent in 2014.  They lost that referendum then their white paper - their document justifying Independence - was later shown to be complete nonsense as the oil price crashed. 

We are about to go six years on from that and the SNP are not willing to give details on how they will become independent and more importantly what the impact will be both positive and negative.  I think after 2014 these plans need detailed scrutiny so we don't get sold a lemon.

Firstly - Are you even going to try to answer my question? (Above in BOLD)

Secondly - Why do you persist in reiterating the same tired, empty rhetoric? You think that you're making/scoring points but you simply highlight your ignorance. 

When/If Indy 2 is agreed then it will be for all the concerned parties to offer up their "plans" for "detailed scrutiny". 

I am genuinely staggered at your unwillingness to see the failings/lies/deceit of the 'Better Together' campaign. You prefer to highlight that "the oil price crashed" (Economic commentators agree that a Crystal Ball is required re seeing that coming) and accept without question the Tory government facilitating a vote to allow England to dictate that 'we' leave the EU, this latter point (remaining in Europe) being a core selling point against independence. 

And, just for absolute clarity, there's only one lemon been sold recently

borisactually1.jpg.184b8ef09b147476b995cb14a831dc9e.jpg

1 minute ago, Coolio said:

Firstly - Are you even going to try to answer my question? (Above in BOLD)

It was clearly answered.  Your bitterness is not doing you any favours.

Secondly - Why do you persist in reiterating the same tired, empty rhetoric? You think that you're making/scoring points but you simply highlight your ignorance. 

Here we go again - personal insults trying to play the man.  Sure sign you have lost the argument.

When/If Indy 2 is agreed then it will be for all the concerned parties to offer up their "plans" for "detailed scrutiny". 

Far too late - that needs to be on the table before any referendum as the SNP are lacking in credibility in this area.

Andrew Marr and Andrew Neil both destroyed Sturgeon and others when pressed for answers on how they will resolve issues over the EU membership, hard border, currency, etc.

I am genuinely staggered at your unwillingness to see the failings/lies/deceit of the 'Better Together' campaign. You prefer to highlight that "the oil price crashed" (Economic commentators agree that a Crystal Ball is required re seeing that coming) and accept without question the Tory government facilitating a vote to allow England to dictate that 'we' leave the EU, this latter point (remaining in Europe) being a core selling point against independence. 

Sounds a lot like whatabootery to me.

I work in financial services and risk mitigation is a key factor in any planning - something missing here with covering the oil price crash.

The SNP lost the Indy Referendum in 2014 hence why the 2016 EU referendum was a UK referendum with the result being a UK result.

And, just for absolute clarity, there's only one lemon been sold recently

borisactually1.jpg.184b8ef09b147476b995cb14a831dc9e.jpg

Memes don't really help your cause here at all.  You could apply most of that to the SNP over independence promises.

I didn't vote Tory, but will accept them to do a better job of running the country than the SNP have done up here.

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Here we go again - personal insults trying to play the man.  Sure sign you have lost the argument.

Far too late - that needs to be on the table before any referendum as the SNP are lacking in credibility in this area.

Andrew Marr and Andrew Neil both destroyed Sturgeon and others when pressed for answers on how they will resolve issues over the EU membership, hard border, currency, etc.

I work in financial services and risk mitigation is a key factor in any planning - something missing here with covering the oil price crash.

The SNP lost the Indy Referendum in 2014 hence why the 2016 EU referendum was a UK referendum with the result being a UK result.

Memes don't really help your cause here at all.  You could apply most of that to the SNP over independence promises.

I didn't vote Tory, but will accept them to do a better job of running the country than the SNP have done up here.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for any Westminster party never mind a party that is lead by a racist moron. A party that through its policies have left thousands of the most vulnerable so destitute to take their own lives. 

They sell weapons to evil regimes who massacre innocent men, women and Children. 

But if you hate the SNP that much. I'm sure you sleep soundly at night... 

Just now, jumpship said:

I couldn't bring myself to vote for any Westminster party never mind a party that is lead by a racist moron. A party that through its policies have left thousands of the most vulnerable so destitute to take their own lives. 

They sell weapons to evil regimes who massacre innocent men, women and Children. 

But if you hate the SNP that much. I'm sure you sleep soundly at night... 

I said I didn't vote Tory - it was Lib Dems I voted for.

I do accept the sentiments of your sentence in bold, but you have to wonder if the SNP would outlaw this practice considering a lot of jobs in Scotland are in building for the military.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I said I didn't vote Tory - it was Lib Dems I voted for.

I do accept the sentiments of your sentence in bold, but you have to wonder if the SNP would outlaw this practice considering a lot of jobs in Scotland are in building for the military.

I said any Westminster party. But your acceptance of the Tories means you accept everything I originally said... 

23 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I said any Westminster party. But your acceptance of the Tories means you accept everything I originally said... 

giphy.gif

That is some misquote there, bud.  If you are that desperate to win an argument by rewriting what I said then way to go.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

1 - Clearly it wasn't and you still avoid doing so.

Celtic F.C. approach - Your skin is wafer thin if you find my remarks offensive.

2 - Kindly provide some actual proof re "destroyed", I'd really like to see it

3 - So does the "most" mean that you accept the SNP hierarchy aren't liars or aren't racists which one is it?

Frank - Your fundamental start/finish point seems to be that you backed the winner therefore you're right.

You did, in point of fact, back the winner in Indy 1, however the race was between two runners where one was seriously handicapped through massive media bias. 

Fast forward 5 years to the 2019 General Election, not forgetting the other Elections in between - UK and European, and witness the support given to the SNP in Scotland as a direct form of opposition the Tory government in Westminster.

4 - Can you seriously say, hand on heart and remembering the Scottish Tories key manifesto point was "Vote Conservative to stop a 2nd Independence Referendum' , that Scotland, in the 2019 General Election did not vote in a manner to give the SNP a mandate for Indy 2?

I would genuinely appreciate you answering the 4 questions listed above as I am more than happy to enter into political discourse with someone whose arguments I can clearly understand and therefore give them due and credible consideration.

6 minutes ago, Coolio said:

1 - Clearly it wasn't and you still avoid doing so.

Celtic F.C. approach - Your skin is wafer thin if you find my remarks offensive.

3 - So does the "most" mean that you accept the SNP hierarchy aren't liars or aren't racists which one is it?

Frank - Your fundamental start/finish point seems to be that you backed the winner therefore you're right.

You did, in point of fact, back the winner in Indy 1, however the race was between two runners where one was seriously handicapped through massive media bias. 

Fast forward 5 years to the 2019 General Election, not forgetting the other Elections in between - UK and European, and witness the support given to the SNP in Scotland as a direct form of opposition the Tory government in Westminster.

4 - Can you seriously say, hand on heart and remembering the Scottish Tories key manifesto point was "Vote Conservative to stop a 2nd Independence Referendum' , that Scotland, in the 2019 General Election did not vote in a manner to give the SNP a mandate for Indy 2?

I would genuinely appreciate you answering the 4 questions listed above as I am more than happy to enter into political discourse with someone whose arguments I can clearly understand and therefore give them due and credible consideration.

Oh how wrong you are.  I voted Yes as I wouldn't vote Tory and believed the SNP had a sound economic plan that had been scrutinised by top experts.  I was only a 50/50 and voted Yes at the last minute.

Once the White Paper was shown as deceptively niave, and followed by the SNP's reaction to not respecting the democratic mandate of the Brexit referendum, I realised that this party cannot be trusted.  Since the SNP don't respect the results of the last two referendums I think they have a brass neck complaining about Boris denying them the Section 30 order.

Here's the Andrew Neil interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bqs0/the-andrew-neil-interviews-election-2019-nicola-sturgeon

She took quite a doing in that one.

Here's the Andrew Marr interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000cyc9/election-2019-nicola-sturgeon

Here position on the EU requirements is laughable and her fixation on free trade with the EU with is 18% opposed to the 60% trade with the UK is niave.

The SNP need to prove they have a bullet-proof plan to take us out of the UK or they ain't getting any further.  Educated people will be concerned about their jobs, pensions, and value of their savings if we jump off a cliff without answers to the key questions of independence.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh how wrong you are.  I voted Yes as I wouldn't vote Tory and believed the SNP had a sound economic plan that had been scrutinised by top experts.  I was only a 50/50 and voted Yes at the last minute.

Once the White Paper was shown as deceptively niave, and followed by the SNP's reaction to not respecting the democratic mandate of the Brexit referendum, I realised that this party cannot be trusted.  Since the SNP don't respect the results of the last two referendums I think they have a brass neck complaining about Boris denying them the Section 30 order.

Here's the Andrew Neil interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000bqs0/the-andrew-neil-interviews-election-2019-nicola-sturgeon

She took quite a doing in that one.

Here's the Andrew Marr interview:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000cyc9/election-2019-nicola-sturgeon

Here position on the EU requirements is laughable and her fixation on free trade with the EU with is 18% opposed to the 60% trade with the UK is niave.

The SNP need to prove they have a bullet-proof plan to take us out of the UK or they ain't getting any further.  Educated people will be concerned about their jobs, pensions, and value of their savings if we jump off a cliff without answers to the key questions of independence.

I'm not sure your churlish tone in calling me wrong carries any real gusto when this is the first time I've seen you state you voted Yes and all your previous chat/arguments have the bearing of a die hard no voter.

"The SNP cannot be trusted" - Priceless

"Boris" - Priceless

"Andrew Marr and Andrew Neil both destroyed Sturgeon" has now become "quite a doing". - Priceless

"The SNP need to prove they have a bullet-proof plan" - As opposed to what 'Boris' has in store for us. - Priceless

Sadly you didn't answer any of the 4 questions I proposed to you. Are you willing to do so now?

I'm not sure your churlish tone in calling me wrong carries any real gusto when this is the first time I've seen you state you voted Yes and all your previous chat/arguments have the bearing of a die hard no voter.

You haven't been on this forum long then, I've never hidden that fact.

"The SNP cannot be trusted" - Priceless

They can't - as proven by the fact they refuse to answer questions on hard borders with England, currency, EU membership entry timescale, etc.

"Boris" - Priceless

"Andrew Marr and Andrew Neil both destroyed Sturgeon" has now become "quite a doing". - Priceless

So, you think she came out of those interviews well?  You must be in the minority there.

"The SNP need to prove they have a bullet-proof plan" - As opposed to what 'Boris' has in store for us. - Priceless

All the more reason for the SNP to come clean on what the impact of their plans will be, don't you think?

Sadly you didn't answer any of the 4 questions I proposed to you. Are you willing to do so now?

Yes I did, and the fact you tried quite poorly to present loaded questions doesn't help your case any.

Edited by frankblack

Seymour M Hersh

Like this?

CzAw1SDWEAEPk9g.jpg

Space Mackerel

You haven't been on this forum long then, I've never hidden that fact.

They can't - as proven by the fact they refuse to answer questions on hard borders with England, currency, EU membership entry timescale, etc.

So, you think she came out of those interviews well?  You must be in the minority there.

All the more reason for the SNP to come clean on what the impact of their plans will be, don't you think?

Yes I did, and the fact you tried quite poorly to present loaded questions doesn't help your case any.

Frank, are you too poor, too wee, too stupid to leave home?

Space Mackerel
11 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Like this?

CzAw1SDWEAEPk9g.jpg

Looks like Seymour missed arch anti nuclear war protestor and SLAB leader Richard Leonard get that riddy in Holyrood the other day when asked about London Labours policy on nukes.

Shame likes.

Space Mackerel
27 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine being in a state of subservience that £273 BILLION is shite. 

There is some proper roasters in our "support"

Probably work in Primark folding claes and bang drums at fitba matches in their spare time :vrface:

28 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Like this?

CzAw1SDWEAEPk9g.jpg

That's fairly factual. Most sensible thing I've seen in a while by a unionist. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

That's fairly factual. Most sensible thing I've seen in a while by a unionist. 

The ONS collected the stats for that meme doncha know?

The person also works for them. He is a Hollywood actor too. He might have been in Die Hard 3.

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Are you not tired of calling fellow Hearts fans and fellow Scots names?

It's exhausting to read. 

King Edward the II type chat. 

😊

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

I have no idea what that means. 

Think you need to get up to speed on Scottish and English Kings history through the ages. 

You won’t find it on Snap Chat or Tik Tok though. 

Space Mackerel
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

As I previously said ' Are you not tired of calling fellow Hearts fans and fellow Scots names? It's exhausting to read.'

Plenty people on here know me as a proper Hearts fan. I drink on match days in and around Gorgie for years.

That doesnt stop me wanting Scottish independence. Something that I went out with my old man selling round Council estates back in the early 70’s before I suspect you were born?