Add the people that have changed their minds since the GE to Yes

The outcome will be very different in the upcoming Referendum

Saor Alba

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

That took you an hour or so to come up with?  Poor show. :rofl:

Here's one to describe your approach to debating:

97a64a86293ed55b6227458a96aee827.jpg

There is absolutely nothing original in anything you say or do.

Just a small forelock tugging wannabe Boris clone - Tragic really.

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

That was 6 yrs ago

Take away all the Europeans that voted No and add them to Yes

Add many of the 62% that voted remain to Yes

Add the new 16/ 17 yr olds to Yes

Saor Alba

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You gov poll Nov 19 actually

the famous fifty five 

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

You gov poll Nov 19 actually

the famous fifty five 

You gov

Run by the the former owner of ConservativeHome

Right then

😆😆😆

2 hours ago, Coolio said:

There is absolutely nothing original in anything you say or do.

Just a small forelock tugging wannabe Boris clone - Tragic really.

:rofl:

Dry your eyes.

It seems that a reality check is too much for you to handle without name calling.

2 hours ago, JAYEL said:

That was 6 yrs ago

Take away all the Europeans that voted No and add them to Yes

Add many of the 62% that voted remain to Yes

Add the new 16/ 17 yr olds to Yes

Saor Alba

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

You didn't manage 50% of the vote share in Scotland at the GE, which casts a massive doubt that you could do so in a single issue referendum where Brexit is long finished.

3 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Of course it isn't impossible but you said the disentanglement process is massive and dependent on negotiated settlements with the UK. I'm not sure what we would have to negotiate about. Scotland would be a new country and all powers would transfer as a result. All existing laws would and could be instantly transferred and amended as and when it suits. Isn't that what's happening with Brexit? The problem with Brexit though is that the uk has to negotiate some sort of trade deal with the UK? Scotland doesn't have to negotiate a trade deal with rUK. so surely Indy is much, much easier than Brexit.

You say 2 years is an understatement, why? Where are the stumbling blocks in your opinion and why would it take so long to overcome them?

Settlement of national debt, division of military assets and staff, transport infrastructure (network rail etc), transferring contracts.  That is just off the top of my head without considering the Bank of England role.

Once done a new constitution would have to be drafted to transfer UK laws to Holyrood as we are doing from Brussels from the EU.  Lots of work with lawyers, accountants and civil servants which is never fast or cheap.

That is just my gut feeling on this because  we are trying to estimate something that's not easily quantifiable.

Edited by frankblack

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You didn't manage 50% of the vote share in Scotland at the GE, which casts a massive doubt that you could do so in a single issue referendum where Brexit is long finished.

Labour, Libs and tories all have self governing voters and supporters within their wretched parties. Don't get wrapped up in SNP only propaganda, you're only fooling yourself. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Labour, Libs and tories all have self governing voters and supporters within their wretched parties. Don't get wrapped up in SNP only propaganda, you're only fooling yourself. 

I think once Brexit is done the support for independence will drop 10-15% conservatively when people realise independence has no EU guaranteed entry.  A lot of remain voters would then fall into the remain in UK camp.

53 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think once Brexit is done the support for independence will drop 10-15% conservatively when people realise independence has no EU guaranteed entry.  A lot of remain voters would then fall into the remain in UK camp.

Impeccable logic, surely support for Indy will fall because there would be no point in supporting it, ever, as a second referendum won't be allowed.

Transferring from Labour Party thread

The SNP proposed an intransigent position incompatible with Brexit that they knew was a non starter then played the victim card when it was rejected.

The UK govt refused to negotiate even though they had no settled position themselves. The reality is they set red lines and wouldn't negotiate with anybody on anything because they knew the opposition could not unite (see Lab and Lib) for that. Do you remember the Libdems they said they would do whatever it took to stop Brexit. Everything except the one thing that could have stopped it.

Theresa May was a weak leader and caved in when the EU negotiated with her.

How did May cave in to the EU and what has that to do with her statement that she had learned a lot about Brexit from her discussions with the devolved government.

So why the rush to rejoin the EU and cave in on it?

Don't you think it would be expedient for an Indy Scotland to join the EU. If they did would they not negotiate their own terms rather than have their fishing interests sold from underneath them by a city focused UK government? Do you think the EU will get any access to our waters after Brexit.  Who says Scotland is caving in on fishing?

Of course that was needed back in the 70s and 80s with overfishing and I am not advocating returning to that problem.

Post Brexit we can change how quotas are owned and managed.

What would then happen to the 5 families/companies that own most of the quotas and paid money for them. Many are Tory party donors, do you think they will reallocate fishing rights unfavourably to the detriment of their pals? Do you honestly think that quotas will be set with the slightest consideration for conservation?

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Dream on 😆

MassiveYES next time

Start a Poll 

Settlement of national debt, division of military assets and staff, transport infrastructure (network rail etc), transferring contracts.  That is just off the top of my head without considering the Bank of England role.

Once done a new constitution would have to be drafted to transfer UK laws to Holyrood as we are doing from Brussels from the EU.  Lots of work with lawyers, accountants and civil servants which is never fast or cheap.

That is just my gut feeling on this because  we are trying to estimate something that's not easily quantifiable.

What is the problem with dividing assets and liabilities on a pro rata basis? What makes that a massive disentanglement problem?

What is this transport infrastructure you keep telling us about that would need massive disentanglement. I already explained Network rail was separate. 

What contracts are you talking about? Existing contracts such as they are can run their course, what's the problem?

The Bank of England would have no role in an indy Scotland and in any independence situation would be duty bound to be impartial. If it is a national asset then a proportion of it belongs to indy Scotland. If they think Indy is a real possibility they will be very keen to keep Scotland using the pound.

You state "once done a new constitution would have to be drafted to transfer UK laws to Holyrood" We currently do not have a constitution written or otherwise. We will not be drafting one either especially after having "done" one. Why do we need a constitution to transfer laws anyway? The Uk is seemingly able to transfer from the EU including those areas currently devolved without any constitutional problems.

All you are doing is making stuff up and like another poster said you can't make clear arguments and your points are often obtuse.

Like him if i feel like it i will comment but i'm not engaging in reasoned argument if there is nothing coming back

Happy New Year!

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

In or out EU. Couldn't care less. 

13 hours ago, coconut doug said:

What is the problem with dividing assets and liabilities on a pro rata basis? What makes that a massive disentanglement problem?

What is this transport infrastructure you keep telling us about that would need massive disentanglement. I already explained Network rail was separate. 

What contracts are you talking about? Existing contracts such as they are can run their course, what's the problem?

The Bank of England would have no role in an indy Scotland and in any independence situation would be duty bound to be impartial. If it is a national asset then a proportion of it belongs to indy Scotland. If they think Indy is a real possibility they will be very keen to keep Scotland using the pound.

You state "once done a new constitution would have to be drafted to transfer UK laws to Holyrood" We currently do not have a constitution written or otherwise. We will not be drafting one either especially after having "done" one. Why do we need a constitution to transfer laws anyway? The Uk is seemingly able to transfer from the EU including those areas currently devolved without any constitutional problems.

All you are doing is making stuff up and like another poster said you can't make clear arguments and your points are often obtuse.

Like him if i feel like it i will comment but i'm not engaging in reasoned argument if there is nothing coming back

Happy New Year!

It all comes down to masses and masses of beurocracy with lawyers and civil servants debating how to divide the assets and liabilities and how to maintain them.

Scotland would need to draft bills in Holyrood to transfer all existing Westminster laws not currently devolved or on day one they wouldn't exist.

We are arguing about something huge and difficult to quantify.  I think this is a massive job but you don't.    I don't think either of us can win an argument over something we can't measure.

strappingjock

Frenchman and German discussing Brexit in Brussels.

F

Well Heinrich, we almost had them. These bloody English have a nasty habit of beating us. This time they managed to do us both at the same time.

G

Ya. Zey are indeed devils. Vee ad zem in our power and Cameron promised us he vood deliver zem to us forever.  Vot vent rong ??

F

It matter not now. Comrade Boris has it all wrapped up. However, we are in danger of being much worse off. We lose 65 million Brits and look like we could gain 5 million moaning Scots. That is not a good prospect.

G

Never fear. Scots are traditional allies of France and vee  vill make sure zey cannot afford to join so zat you Frogs cannot support zem.

F

True. If they do not like being told what to do by London they will hate Brussels. We already have draft proposals for standardised  kilt, haggis, dirk and bagpipes with 1.5 pipes to match Greece. The Scottish Euro will only be worth half of the rest of us.

G

Goot.  Vee also are looking at a supply of Rheinland granite to rebuild the English Wall of Hadrian and Siemens have new biometric border booths which can be programmed to stop Celts from travelling south.

Auf wiedersehen England. Nicht willkommen Schotland

strappingjock

G

Hilfe  Hilfe

Angela has opened ze door to Skots as Gastarbeiter. Vot are vee to do

F

Mon flippin dieu, you poor sodz. You never got rid of the turks and now you import dirks in skirts.

G

Vot vill happen at our stations now ????

F

You will be overcome by turks in shirts fighting a load of dirks in skirts all called Jimmie

G

Och nein, zat is verboten. Ve did not lose ze war to be invaded from Glasgow

F   

At least you do not have the dreaded Franglais.  But you will suffer as Scotrail is never on time

Edited by strappingjock

1 hour ago, strappingjock said:

Frenchman and German discussing Brexit in Brussels.

F

Well Heinrich, we almost had them. These bloody English have a nasty habit of beating us. This time they managed to do us both at the same time.

G

Ya. Zey are indeed devils. Vee ad zem in our power and Cameron promised us he vood deliver zem to us forever.  Vot vent rong ??

F

It matter not now. Comrade Boris has it all wrapped up. However, we are in danger of being much worse off. We lose 65 million Brits and look like we could gain 5 million moaning Scots. That is not a good prospect.

G

Never fear. Scots are traditional allies of France and vee  vill make sure zey cannot afford to join so zat you Frogs cannot support zem.

F

True. If they do not like being told what to do by London they will hate Brussels. We already have draft proposals for standardised  kilt, haggis, dirk and bagpipes with 1.5 pipes to match Greece. The Scottish Euro will only be worth half of the rest of us.

G

Goot.  Vee also are looking at a supply of Rheinland granite to rebuild the English Wall of Hadrian and Siemens have new biometric border booths which can be programmed to stop Celts from travelling south.

Auf wiedersehen England. Nicht willkommen Schotland

Scots with the most oil, gas, renewable energy, water, whisky, tourism, self sufficient in food and export more than we import. Go away you fool. 

33 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scots with the most oil, gas, renewable energy, water, whisky, tourism, self sufficient in food and export more than we import. Go away you fool. 

I think I saw somewhere the other day that 18% of our exports go to the EU and 60% to the rest of the UK.  Surely better focusing on our core market than one further away with the extra costs that incurs?

I'm not going to Quote what I assume was their attempt at humour by

Strappingjock

What I am going to do however is call it out as being racist.

Not for the first time this person has brought a JKB thread, of which this one can at times be heated, to a level that I personally find unacceptable.

That the language is couched in an attempt to be Fawlty Towersesque fails to hide the unsubtle racist content.

56 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think I saw somewhere the other day that 18% of our exports go to the EU and 60% to the rest of the UK.  Surely better focusing on our core market than one further away with the extra costs that incurs?

Focus on all markets. It's not Scotland that wishes to be churlish. Trade works both ways and the British State need to grow up and not take the hump just because we wish to be a normal country. Creating barriers just because they don't want to lose our resources. Great partnership, this so called union of equals! 

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Focus on all markets. It's not Scotland that wishes to be churlish. Trade works both ways and the British State need to grow up and not take the hump just because we wish to be a normal country. Creating barriers just because they don't want to lose our resources. Great partnership, this so called union of equals! 

Sounds like Brexit is the solution you are looking for, not Independence.

34 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Pointless replying to him, he's just a racist troll who won't last long on here thankfully. 

Reported.  Calling someone a racist is defamatory and a clear breach of the rules, which you should appologise for.

For anyone else complaining - I picked up a warning on the GE thread for this poster calling me a liar.

3 hours ago, strappingjock said:

G

Hilfe  Hilfe

Angela has opened ze door to Skots as Gastarbeiter. Vot are vee to do

F

Mon flippin dieu, you poor sodz. You never got rid of the turks and now you import dirks in skirts.

G

Vot vill happen at our stations now ????

F

You will be overcome by turks in shirts fighting a load of dirks in skirts all called Jimmie

G

Och nein, zat is verboten. Ve did not lose ze war to be invaded from Glasgow

F   

At least you do not have the dreaded Franglais.  But you will suffer as Scotrail is never on time

Strappingcock more like.

I felt embarrassed reading that.

I'm a brexiteer by the way.

Ze and zat holy fek mate 😳

38 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Reported.  Calling someone a racist is defamatory and a clear breach of the rules, which you should appologise for.

For anyone else complaining - I picked up a warning on the GE thread for this poster calling me a liar.

Its flung about easily Frank but come on it was a total beamer of a post.

Wouldn't waste your time defending the poster who may not be racist but its rocket ship material .

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Its flung about easily Frank but come on it was a total beamer of a post.

Wouldn't waste your time defending the poster who may not be racist but its rocket ship material .

No jake - we may disagree on here, but this guy has form with the nasty personal abuse and labelling me a racist is something they should appologise for.  I'm not letting him off with that one - if its not racists its labelling people liars - you are the one that picks up a warning retaliating to it.

strappingjock

I have no fear of being called racist.  It is a common trick of left wingers towards someone  with a different viewpoint.  They frequently fall flat on their faces - see below

Brett Molina USA TODAY
Published 9:07 PM EST Jan 16, 2019

During a guest radio appearance, a CNN legal analyst said the show's host, who is black, has benefited from "white privilege."

The segment aired Tuesday during a SiriusXM show hosted by David Webb, who is also host FOX Nation’s Reality Check. His guest during the segment was Areva Martin, a civil rights attorney and CNN legal analyst.

According to a clip posted to Twitter, Webb details his rise in the media, saying he always saw his qualifications as a more important issue than his color.

"Well, David, that’s a whole 'nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have the privilege of," said Martin.

When Webb asks how he benefits, Martin said it's "by virtue of being a white male."

"Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black," said Webb.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No jake - we may disagree on here, but this guy has form with the nasty personal abuse and labelling me a racist is something they should appologise for.  I'm not letting him off with that one - if its not racists its labelling people liars - you are the one that picks up a warning retaliating to it.

Didnt know he called you a racist Frank.

Thought it was the ze and zat guy.

The annoying thing about people calling other people racist for fek all is that most just sigh at it now.

They do more harm to anti racism than good.

If it's any consolation most people recognise racism and most people recognise shite accusations.

I've been called it before.

I judge on deeds not skin colour.

2 minutes ago, strappingjock said:

I have no fear of being called racist.  It is a common trick of left wingers towards someone  with a different viewpoint.  They frequently fall flat on their faces - see below

Brett Molina USA TODAY
Published 9:07 PM EST Jan 16, 2019

During a guest radio appearance, a CNN legal analyst said the show's host, who is black, has benefited from "white privilege."

The segment aired Tuesday during a SiriusXM show hosted by David Webb, who is also host FOX Nation’s Reality Check. His guest during the segment was Areva Martin, a civil rights attorney and CNN legal analyst.

According to a clip posted to Twitter, Webb details his rise in the media, saying he always saw his qualifications as a more important issue than his color.

"Well, David, that’s a whole 'nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing that people of color don’t have the privilege of," said Martin.

When Webb asks how he benefits, Martin said it's "by virtue of being a white male."

"Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black," said Webb.

Doesnt detract from your post which is what we were talking about.

It was horse shit.

And to be fair to the X guy was a bit xenophobic no?

I mean ze and zat is a total beamer.

Felix Lighter
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Pretty obvious XB52 was referring to strappingjock.

You're losing the plot frankie boy, you played the race card at the top of page 234, you utter hypocrite.

Take a break son you're embarrassing yourself, voluntary would preferable but enforced would suffice, can't believe the mods aren't on your case.  

Edited by Felix Lighter

39 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Pretty obvious XB52 was referring to strappingjock.

You're losing the plot frankie boy, you played the race card at the top of page 234, you utter hypocrite.

Take a break son you're embarrassing yourself, voluntary would preferable but enforced would suffice, can't believe the mods aren't on your case.  

He did have a point though.

The particular bit about only those with english parents or born english ?

I dont know what X said to Frank though.

The step guy doesn't deserve defending but .

That's more because it was idiotic.

Can understand why X called it out.

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Anyway, this guy gets it...

0C69EC42-251E-489A-81A9-015399A31A80.jpeg

Does he?

I dont view as foreign those that are members of the Labour party.

A party which up until recently held views akin to most Scots.

As an old socialist I've never been pro independent.

But lesson learned .The less power the better that goes for my Brexit views too.

This type of jingoistic nationalism is nigel farage politics.

The quicker Scotland gets its independence the better.

Maybe we can grow up a bit.

I do not view English people as foreign .

Nor the Irish or Welsh.

Neighbours for me.Labour under Corbyn were anything but for the exploitation etc as your quote alluded to.

I've said it before but the language used by some nationalists does nothing for the sound arguments for independence.

My new year resolution is never to argue with anyone on here so will not reply directly. However the racist can report if he wants, if it makes the racist feel better. And for the benefit of doubt, as Jake pointed out, it Was perfectly obvious who I was calling racist

Edited by XB52

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Does he?

I dont view as foreign those that are members of the Labour party.

A party which up until recently held views akin to most Scots.

As an old socialist I've never been pro independent.

But lesson learned .The less power the better that goes for my Brexit views too.

This type of jingoistic nationalism is nigel farage politics.

The quicker Scotland gets its independence the better.

Maybe we can grow up a bit.

I do not view English people as foreign .

Nor the Irish or Welsh.

Neighbours for me.Labour under Corbyn were anything but for the exploitation etc as your quote alluded to.

I've said it before but the language used by some nationalists does nothing for the sound arguments for independence.

So in your opinion, Scotland’s natural resources are not extracted, controlled and used for Westminsters own benefit? i.e. exploited?

Labour, Lib-Dem and tories are all English political parties are they not?

Yes is the answer to both those questions.

Bad Nationalists language. Much much worse than tory imposed policies that kill folk.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So in your opinion, Scotland’s natural resources are not extracted, controlled and used for Westminsters own benefit? i.e. exploited?

Labour, Lib-Dem and tories are all English political parties are they not?

Yes is the answer to both those questions.

Bad Nationalists language. Much much worse than tory imposed policies that kill folk.

Mate there are those who will always look to exploit natures resources.

We as a country that's Scotland btw stored up huge wealth exploiting other peoples countries through slavery etc.

Glasgows merchant city is testament to that.

I do not accept that Labour is a foreign party in Scotland.

I do think it needs to take stock .

The Tories will always be accepting whether they are french english or scottish to exploitation.

And no it's not snp bad .

It's my own opinion and that is something that isnt always coherent.

For what it's worth the SNP imo have done some great work protecting our natural resources.

And the threat to that comes from multi national business .

I'm speaking about fracking .

The real threat to any elected government is in the shape of TTIP type trade deals.

Where big business interests supersede democratically elected government.

Trade deals and continued growth is imo something to be avoided as its unsustainable.

Bit idealistic from me I know  but I assure you it's not bad nationalist language tories are ok.

Just think your quote isnt right.

Doesnt mean I am though mate.

Sounds like Brexit is the solution you are looking for, not Independence.

You can frame any argument you want to get the answer you seek, appears to be the way of the Brits. Always afraid to let Scotland go. I thought Brexit was UK independence? Brits don't half tie themselves in knots over Scots self governance and then insult us. 

23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

My new year resolution is never to argue with anyone on here so will not reply directly. However the racist can report if he wants, if it makes the racist feel better. And for the benefit of doubt, as Jake pointed out, it Was perfectly obvious who I was calling racist

Not looking to argue and you were right to call out the step guy.

But why is it you think Frank is racist?

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You can frame any argument you want to get the answer you seek, appears to be the way of the Brits. Always afraid to let Scotland go. I thought Brexit was UK independence? Brits don't half tie themselves in knots over Scots self governance and then insult us. 

If brexit is about UK independence or to be more accurate English independence why is it painted as bad and ours good.

Both have the same arguments rallied against them.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Not looking to argue and you were right to call out the step guy.

But why is it you think Frank is racist?

I've no idea where he got that from, think he jumped in to this thread and thought it was him I was calling

Just now, XB52 said:

I've no idea where he got that from, think he jumped in to this thread and thought it was him I was calling

Sound mate.