Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

1 minute ago, Dannie Boy said:

The SNP need to be accountable and they are trying to bat it away just like you are. 
They make it a law but when’s the court case and wAs is the punishment for failure. It’s all ballocks and frankly they need to up their game if they want my vote. Which is highly unlikely to ever happen.

Nobody is trying to bat anything away. I'm not sure what legal civil point you are trying to make but that does seem to have annoyed you, 

The SNP are having a public enquiry into what has happened in the two hospitals and presumably they want to know why they have had these problems. Any sensible person would wait for the outcome before throwing insinuations around. That presumably is what the enquiry is for i.e. to establish the facts and if necessary any blame. Responsibility  for any failings will be apportioned with some or all going to the person in charge.

You seem to think i would support substandard health care being deliberately or incompetently dispensed in Scotland just because we have an SNP government. That's what you are implying when you say i am batting it away and it is not true.

I know that all hospitals have infection problems and suffer from Hospital acquired diseases. What i don't know is how the problems in Scotland compare to other areas. It is very difficult to compare. I also know from looking at SG figures that for most pathogens there has been a modest improvement in infections in Scotland but for one airborne type (not the one at the new SK which is water borne) there has been a significant rise. I don't know why the prevalence of that pathogen has increased although the A/C is considered a possibility . I don't even know if this pathogen is significant but it seems that nobody else can be sure either. That will be one area for the P.E. to look at and to learn from.

To attribute this, an essentially technical matter, to SNP incompetence merely reveals your lack of understanding of the complexity. Do you imagine that if Jeanne Freeman resigns the problems will be over? Good managers admit there are problems and take steps to deal with them. They must identify the problem and then take steps to rectify it. If this is not done properly then she should likely be removed but she should have the chance to fix things and should not be blamed for failing to anticipate the unforeseeable.

BTW i do hope you did realise there was a Public Enquiry underway and were not assuming as another poster did that the SNP were avoiding having a P.E. but judging by your batting away comments maybe you didn't know either.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trapper John McIntyre
34 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The SNP need to be accountable and they are trying to bat it away just like you are. 
They make it a law but when’s the court case and wAs is the punishment for failure. It’s all ballocks and frankly they need to up their game if they want my vote. Which is highly unlikely to ever happen.

The SNP and the Corbynistas are a cult. 

The SNP have ruined the NHS, the police and education. They have no plans for what currency they'll use in an Indy Scotland. They continually lie over EU membership and their economic plans make John McDonnell's look sane and reasonable. They are now sucking up to an anti-semitic, racist party that is being investigated by the Equality and Human Rights Commision.

It apears no matter what they say and do, they can guarantee at least 36% of the vote and at present are running at 44%. This is a brutal indictment on two counts. The sad state of contempory politics in Britain at present and secondly, how an apparently educated (not too highly, recently) modern western European country can be so blind to reason as for so many of its citizens to fall for SNP absolute nonsense.

manaliveits105

When Boris gets a majority we will have a first minister who has openly and publicly insulted both the prime minister and the President of USA 

Scotland will suffer due to her big mooth  big time

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

When Boris gets a majority we will have a first minister who has openly and publicly insulted both the prime minister and the President of USA 

Scotland will suffer due to her big mooth  big time

E6071F2E-BD26-4FE1-B45B-DC1636112991.jpeg

Speaking with my wife tonight and she's swithering to vote SNP. 3 of her friends are voting SNP. 1 was SNP but the other 2 have seen the light. If ladies are changing in Edinburgh West then change is a coming! 

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Speaking with my wife tonight and she's swithering to vote SNP. 3 of her friends are voting SNP. 1 was SNP but the other 2 have seen the light. If ladies are changing in Edinburgh West then change is a coming! 

I honestly don’t think so.  I’ve been really worried that there was a momentum for independence but after this election campaign I am more confident than I have been since 2016 that it won’t happen even if there is another vote, which their probably won’t be.  

The reason I feel that confidence is the the SNP have been subjected to literally no scrutiny over their current performance in things like the NHS or Education.  If a referendum campaign was underway without the distraction of a UK wide GE all eyes and opponents will focus on this and right now it’s evident they don’t have any answers.  The NHS hospital debacle for example is only going to get worse.

also as the whole political world has been focused on Brexit no one has scrutinised their independence plans.  We have seen a bit in the last two weeks and they clearly aren’t fit for purpose, again when that’s all there is to talk about they will crumble especially when the ramifications of a hard border with england  are revealed.  Also no one has even being making the case for the union.  And believe it or not there will be Hearts and heads that can be pulled upon not to break up a 300 year old partnership.  

thrown on top of that the Alex Salmond court case which invariably will lead to some serious questions for Nicola Sturgeon to answer and I just don’t see how the support for independence increases from current levels given the sh@tshow we have had to deal with.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

21 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I honestly don’t think so.  I’ve been really worried that there was a momentum for independence but after this election campaign I am more confident than I have been since 2016 that it won’t happen even if there is another vote, which their probably won’t be.  

The reason I feel that confidence is the the SNP have been subjected to literally no scrutiny over their current performance in things like the NHS or Education.  If a referendum campaign was underway without the distraction of a UK wide GE all eyes and opponents will focus on this and right now it’s evident they don’t have any answers.  The NHS hospital debacle for example is only going to get worse.

also as the whole political world has been focused on Brexit no one has scrutinised their independence plans.  We have seen a bit in the last two weeks and they clearly aren’t fit for purpose, again when that’s all there is to talk about they will crumble especially when the ramifications of a hard border with england  are revealed.  Also no one has even being making the case for the union.  And believe it or not there will be Hearts and heads that can be pulled upon not to break up a 300 year old partnership.  

thrown on top of that the Alex Salmond court case which invariably will lead to some serious questions for Nicola Sturgeon to answer and I just don’t see how the support for independence increases from current levels given the sh@tshow we have had to deal with.  

What's the SNP got to do with independence? Other than getting it.

I'm voting yes/leave not the SNP.

Edited by ri Alban

23 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Going by this, Scotland should be 100% yes. Tories etc...

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Going by this, Scotland should be 100% yes. Tories etc...

I think that’s my point, given everything that has happened and the shameful state of British politics over the past two years the number of people supporting independence would be expected to be up at the 60/70% level.  The fact that despite everything it’s still barely hitting 50% consistently reassures me that come a second referendum there will be the same outcome as 2014.  

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's the SNP got to do with independence? Other than getting it.

I'm voting yes/leave not the SNP.

It will predominantly be the SNP who will be making the case for independence in any referendum campaign seeing as it’s the SNP who are the only major political party campaigning for another vote.  

Whether you agree with it or not the SNP performance in government is going to play a big role in any Indy ref.  It also them who will have to make the case for indy as no one else will be.

You clearly know your stuff about Indy but don’t come on pretending the SNP have nothing to do with independence as that’s being deliberately disingenuous.      

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It will predominantly be the SNP who will be making the case for independence in any referendum campaign seeing as it’s the SNP who are the only major political party campaigning for another vote.  

Whether you agree with it or not the SNP performance in government is going to play a big role in any Indy ref.  It also them who will have to make the case for indy as no one else will be.

You clearly know your stuff about Indy but don’t come on pretending the SNP have nothing to do with independence as that’s being deliberately disingenuous.* 

* Bollocks.  Post Independence they'll be a GE. Fact! Then there'll be Labour, Libdem, Conservative, and other parties. One big difference? They can know drop the Scottish branch office part. What a bunch of losers, they're like Donald Trump needing Mummy to hold their wee defeatist hands. 

HELP US! We Cannae dae it oorsel, England. Oh and on that. I wouldn't have the brass neck to go to England and take their jobs and tell what to do and who how to vote.

You!?

Brighton Jambo
42 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

* Bollocks.  Post Independence they'll be a GE. Fact! Then there'll be Labour, Libdem, Conservative, and other parties. One big difference? They can know drop the Scottish branch office part. What a bunch of losers, they're like Donald Trump needing Mummy to hold their wee defeatist hands. 

HELP US! We Cannae dae it oorsel, England. Oh and on that. I wouldn't have the brass neck to go to England and take their jobs and tell what to do and who how to vote.

You!?

All of my posts this morning have been about securing independence in the first place as you well know.  My comments about SNP have been in relation to the role they play in getting it not what happens after.  So for you to say ‘what have SNP got to do with independence is clearly nonsense as without them championing it there clearly wouldn’t be any push for independence.

Haha your not getting a rise out of me on that one. “Take their jobs” too funny.   I moved here when I was 3 years old and been here 40 years.  Scottish Education, Scottish wife and kids, work hard pay my taxes.  I have got absolutely every right to vote and comment on this as you.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

19 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

All of my posts this morning have been about securing independence in the first place as you well know.  My comments about SNP have been in relation to the role they play in getting it not what happens after.  So for you to say ‘what have SNP got to do with independence is clearly nonsense as without them championing it there clearly wouldn’t be any push for independence.

Haha your not getting a rise out of me on that one. “Take their jobs” too funny.   I moved here when I was 3 years old and been here 40 years.  Scottish Education, Scottish wife and kids, work hard pay my taxes.  I have got absolutely every right to vote and comment on this as you.  

Going by his logic no Scots should have the right to work in England either.  I am sure these people on big money in London will relish the prospect of giving that up to go to a ****ed up post Independence Scotland with a currency worth nothing, hyper inflation, no jobs and a hard border with England.

manaliveits105

Can we please have more stories from Brigadoon about people they know who used to vote something else but are now staunch indy supporters 

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

What are the questions that the SNP don't have answers to?

3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Just curious "300 year old partnership"..surely you should mean 300 year old union because a partnership it ain't IMO.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, micole said:

Just curious "300 year old partnership"..surely you should mean 300 year old union because a partnership it ain't IMO.

Fair 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

What are the questions that the SNP don't have answers to?

For example:

why have they they failed to consistently meet their own NHS targets which they had written into law.

what is going on with the issues at the QEU hospital and even more pertinently how and why is the new sick kids hospital still not open yet? 

Why Scottish education-standards have fallen on their watch - as demonstrated by the fall in the world rankings league table 

what happened with the shelving of the education bill and how did it get that far

what happened to the shelving of the named person flagship policy and how did that get that far.

why are drug deaths in Scotland so high compared to rest of UK and what they doing about it given they cut the budget for drug treatments.  

Why do police representatives in Scotland say there is a funding crisis and what will be done about this.

thats just off the top of my head.  Education, Policing and NHS are all devolved so they can’t blame Westminster.  

And before someone leaps in and says “aye but we doing better than England” this is about Scotland, as we keep being told, and Scotland’s present and future.  

Trapper John McIntyre
11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For example:

why have they they failed to consistently meet their own NHS targets which they had written into law.

what is going on with the issues at the QEU hospital and even more pertinently how and why is the new sick kids hospital still not open yet? 

Why Scottish education-standards have fallen on their watch - as demonstrated by the fall in the world rankings league table 

what happened with the shelving of the education bill and how did it get that far

what happened to the shelving of the named person flagship policy and how did that get that far.

why are drug deaths in Scotland so high compared to rest of UK and what they doing about it given they cut the budget for drug treatments.  

Why do police representatives in Scotland say there is a funding crisis and what will be done about this.

thats just off the top of my head.  Education, Policing and NHS are all devolved so they can’t blame Westminster.  

And before someone leaps in and says “aye but we doing better than England” this is about Scotland, as we keep being told, and Scotland’s present and future.  

Brighton J, the SNP could order massacres in our hospitals, nurses, patients and staff butchered and  then announce a genocidal campaign of indiscrimate slaughter against all non-believers in Scotland and their supporters will still defend  and vote for them

We are well past the point of hoping that any normal, rational electorate would ever boot out such an incompetent government as we've seen lodged in Holyrood  for the last 12 years. No other party would have survived their awful record. You can't debate nationalists, they are fanatics, idealogues and abnormal in their blockeheadedness to reason.

Waste of time even trying.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Brighton J, the SNP could order massacres in our hospitals, nurses, patients and staff butchered and  then announce a genocidal campaign of indiscrimate slaughter against all non-believers in Scotland and their supporters will still defend  and vote for them

We are well past the point of hoping that any normal, rational electorate would ever boot out such an incompetent government as we've seen lodged in Holyrood  for the last 12 years. No other party would have survived their awful record. You can't debate nationalists, they are fanatics, idealogues and abnormal in their blockeheadedness to reason.

I know but at least we can go to bed at night knowing we tried! 

sad, but funny at the same time, to see the depths the unionists go to on here. God knows how their brains will cope once they are living in an independent Scotland.

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

sad, but funny at the same time, to see the depths the unionists go to on here. God knows how their brains will cope once they are living in an independent Scotland.

I'm sure they will remain brainwash-free, unlike yours right now.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

That is all theoretical since you have no chance of getting another Indy Ref any time soon.

Can't wait to see yours implode on 12th/13th Dec when the reality finally hits you.

:greggy:

2 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The Union has ordered plenty of massacres, yet you still voted for it. Let's be Frank, you can't really be a Unionist, you voted for Brexit.  But, let me guess, you wanted sovereignty back,  just not for your own people. Ain't that right, Mr Tom Stockholm?

Edited by ri Alban

35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is all theoretical since you have no chance of getting another Indy Ref any time soon.

Can't wait to see yours implode on 12th/13th Dec when the reality finally hits you.

:greggy:

Tell us again, Frank, tell us how you voted Yes.

:rofl:

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I know but at least we can go to bed at night knowing we tried! 

Brighton!? Answer me one thing. Do u believe Frank black voted Yes?

:Aye:

Brighton Jambo
29 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Brighton!? Answer me one thing. Do u believe Frank black voted Yes?

:Aye:

Does he claim to have previously?  That has passed me by.

i don’t want to cast unfair aspersions on Frank but I didn’t have him down as a yes voter.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

On 29/11/2019 at 10:37, Brighton Jambo said:

Does he claim to have previously?  That has passed me by.

i don’t want to cast unfair aspersions on Frank but I didn’t have him down as a yes voter.  

Yes he claimed he's voted Yes. 

3 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The British are one the most brutal regimes in history. The SNP have never advocated war on any innocent peoples. By all means have a go at their record but they are not murderous warmongers like the British state. Look at that idiot Swinson, recently. She would kill innocent folk and for what? I will be voting SNP as will my family. 

On 29/11/2019 at 11:15, ri Alban said:

Yes he claimed he's voted Yes. 

Nope - I have been a floating voter all my adult life.

I wasn't sure whether to vote Yes or No as I am no fan of the Tories but went with Yes in the end as they presented what appeared to be a convincing white paper.  That went tits up months after the referendum once the oil price crashed.  Then I voted leave at the Brexit referendum and the hypocrisy of Sturgeon and co not respecting the results of both referendums did it for me.

I vote Lib Dems as a tactical option to keep the nats out locally in my area.  I'm not aligned to any party - just anti SNP.  My vote of Yes in 2014 would have been a mistake I would have sorely regretted had they won.

You call me a liar on several occasions but you are incapable of doing a basic search of my posting history back to that period.  Unlike you I've not had to create other accounts to get back onto JKB after being banned.

I'd like that apology from you once you are done.  I'm getting tired of you asking my every few posts why I voted SNP.

Your posts are infringing on the personal abuse line, by the way.

16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The British are one the most brutal regimes in history. The SNP have never advocated war on any innocent peoples. By all means have a go at their record but they are not murderous warmongers like the British state. Look at that idiot Swinson, recently. She would kill innocent folk and for what? I will be voting SNP as will my family. 

I think you will find if you do a bit of historical research that Scots were heavily involved in a lot of the shameful events of our past.  Look at all the land bought or named after people heavily involved in the slave trade in our major cities.

What you are on about with Swinson?  I don't like her but your rant makes no sense.

Trapper John McIntyre
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Nope - I have been a floating voter all my adult life.

I wasn't sure whether to vote Yes or No as I am no fan of the Tories but went with Yes in the end as they presented what appeared to be a convincing white paper.  That went tits up months after the referendum once the oil price crashed.  Then I voted leave at the Brexit referendum and the hypocrisy of Sturgeon and co not respecting the results of both referendums did it for me.

I vote Lib Dems as a tactical option to keep the nats out locally in my area.  I'm not aligned to any party - just anti SNP.  My vote of Yes in 2014 would have been a mistake I would have sorely regretted had they won.

You call me a liar on several occasions but you are incapable of doing a basic search of my posting history back to that period.  Unlike you I've not had to create other accounts to get back onto JKB after being banned.

I'd like that apology from you once you are done.  I'm getting tired of you asking my every few posts why I voted SNP.

Your posts are infringing on the personal abuse line, by the way.

Frank,

You shouldnt have to justify any decision you make in your personal life to any random screwball anywhere. 

You've seen the light regarding the SNP. That should be sufficient.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think you will find if you do a bit of historical research that Scots were heavily involved in a lot of the shameful events of our past.  Look at all the land bought or named after people heavily involved in the slave trade in our major cities.

What you are on about with Swinson?  I don't like her but your rant makes no sense.

Of course Scots were involved! That's the point, we are trying to get away from the warmongering. Swinson would bomb innocent folk. How is it a rant? 

1 minute ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Frank,

You shouldnt have to justify any decision you make in your personal life to any random screwball anywhere. 

I know - he comes out with the line about me lying about voting for the SNP frequently whenever he can't take some cold hard facts.

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Of course Scots were involved! That's the point, we are trying to get away from the warmongering. Swinson would bomb innocent folk. How is it a rant? 

The Lib Dems won't be getting anywhere near to ordering any wars, like the SNP, who also won't have control of the armed forces.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The Lib Dems won't be getting anywhere near to ordering any wars, like the SNP, who also won't have control of the armed forces.

Agreed on first point. Not yet but if it happens I won't be voting for a party that advocates violence. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

1 hour ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Frank,

Hear Hear. No one should be forced and bullied into explaining the way they vote. It is a personal choice at a point in time. .... It's shameful the way that some on here label others traitors, 'uncle Tom's', scum etc because of the way they vote!! 

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Hear Hear. No one should be forced and bullied into explaining the way they vote. It is a personal choice at a point in time. .... It's shameful the way that some on here label others traitors, 'uncle Tom's', scum etc because of the way they vote!! 

Yeah but totally fine to say your a braveheart watching, English hating, deluded member of a cult. 
You don’t do irony much on that side. 

17 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

What should we call Scots that demean their country like Gove, Neil, Rennie, Nash etc? By all means put your case forward but to come across as lickspittle and anti Scots just

devalues their argument. Most guys on here have strong arguments for and against, I just think we get frustrated as we all know things could be better on both sides. Feel free to have a go. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

39 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What should we call Scots that demean their country like Gove, Neil, Rennie, Nash etc? By all means put your case forward but to come across as lickspittle and anti Scots just

devalues their argument. Most guys on here have strong arguments for and against, I just think we get frustrated as we all know things could be better on both sides. Feel free to have a go. 

I don't want to have a go thanks. Everyone is free to have their own beliefs.......without being labelled as scum. 

55 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

I don't want to have a go thanks. Everyone is free to have their own beliefs.......without being labelled as scum. 

You're not scum Old Hearts. We are all entitled to our opinions. Enjoy the rest of your evening. 

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You're not scum Old Hearts. We are all entitled to our opinions. Enjoy the rest of your evening. 

Cheers, same to you.

And for what it's worth, whilst I don't agree with your views, I admire your (& others on here) passion for Independence. 👍

Would be boring if we were all wired the same way 😉

jack D and coke

People who believe in the union throw insults about like confetti because they believe they have the weight of the union behind them, and they do. It’s anyone who doesn’t believe in it who’s scum to them. Bite back though and the reactions are hilarious, vile cybernats etc it really is big girls blouse territory. 
Stop taking everything you read on here or social media as it meaning hate all the time is the big boys way to deal with it. 
I call Hibs scum sometimes but some of my best pals are hibbys ffs and I’ve been best man for my oldest mate who’s a hibs ***** :lol: 

People need to grow a set sometimes. 

Edited by jack D and coke