Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

4 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

That's quite a rant for so early on a Wednesday morning. Glad it's not becoming all-consuming for you. 😂 Tears, snotters and dummies flying everywhere.  

Just wait until Friday 13th, when Indy Ref 2 is kicked into touch. 👍

:verysmug:

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is it you dislike about people managing their own country? Is it just Scotland or the rest of the world too? Some Unionists have a warped view of things IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What is it you dislike about people managing their own country? Is it just Scotland or the rest of the world too? Some Unionists have a warped view of things IMO. 

What is it with separatists being unable to accept democracy? 

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

What is it with separatists being unable to accept democracy? 

Separatists? Wanting to govern you're own country. What are you scared off?

20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Separatists? Wanting to govern you're own country. What are you scared off?

Are you serious?

Before we split I would like to know 100% what currency we would use ( not an opinion but an actual fact), how long to re-enter the EU if we indeed are allowed to, not just a response of "oh it will be quite quick". Confirmation of a hard border or not.

That's 3 major stumbling blocks right away and the only way to ally fears is to have a confirmatory referendum. If that was confirmed as a given should Scotland vote yes  I think many would vote for Independence to see what the actual real cost was going to be. As it stands without firm answers to many, many  things people will never take that risk.

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Are you serious?

Before we split I would like to know 100% what currency we would use ( not an opinion but an actual fact), how long to re-enter the EU if we indeed are allowed to, not just a response of "oh it will be quite quick". Confirmation of a hard border or not.

That's 3 major stumbling blocks right away and the only way to ally fears is to have a confirmatory referendum. If that was confirmed as a given should Scotland vote yes  I think many would vote for Independence to see what the actual real cost was going to be. As it stands without firm answers to many, many  things people will never take that risk.

Confirmatory referendum noo. 

Is that after we get a 66% majority? 😁😁😁

Edited by Space Mackerel

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Shoosh now, he voted yes, remember?

:Aye:

7 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

That's quite a rant for so early on a Wednesday morning. Glad it's not becoming all-consuming for you. 😂 Tears, snotters and dummies flying everywhere.  

I'm more than relaxed. It's going to glorious tho, watching Unionists/Loyalists losing their shit, when Independence is confirmed next year. 

Traitors Tears and snotters can be our currency. There'll be plenty of them.

Tick Tock!!!

Space Mackerel
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

Franks been on the Evo Stick again 😕

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Shoosh now, he voted yes, remember?

:Aye:

:cornette:

You throw personal abuse about and won't take it back when proven wrong.  You have to be pretty classless to persist with lies.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Are you serious?

Sterling, otherwise it will implode when Scotland returns to self governance. EU will take however long it takes and who's to say negotiations haven't occurred behind the scenes as we have SNP representatives in the EU parliament. Hard borders like Europe? Negotiations between the rUK and Scotland will be more cordial than you think as benefits all. I'm not a member of any party so just my opinions. We need WM to grow up and not hide behind obfuscation. 

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sterling, otherwise it will implode when Scotland returns to self governance. EU will take however long it takes and who's to say negotiations haven't occurred behind the scenes as we have SNP representatives in the EU parliament. Hard borders like Europe? Negotiations between the rUK and Scotland will be more cordial than you think as benefits all. I'm not a member of any party so just my opinions. We need WM to grow up and not hide behind obfuscation. 

I’d rather have 1 hard border than 27 other hard borders like Ron proposes.

56 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Confirmatory referendum noo. 

Is that after we get a 66% majority? 😁😁😁

:rofl:

You won't be getting any Indy referendums next year regardless of who wins unless the SNP can get a majority at Westminster by themselves.

10 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Franks been on the Evo Stick again 😕

I pity your desperation.  Not long till Indy 2 gets binned. :rofl:

Space Mackerel
Just now, frankblack said:

:rofl:

You won't be getting any Indy referendums next year regardless of who wins unless the SNP can get a majority at Westminster by themselves.

I don’t want a referendum next year, I’m far too much enjoying watching you Unionists greet and squirm.

This is better than winning in 2014. 

It’s like the last 20 minutes of the Cup Final in 2012. 😁

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

I don’t want a referendum next year, I’m far too much enjoying watching you Unionists greet and squirm.

This is better than winning in 2014. 

It’s like the last 20 minutes of the Cup Final in 2012. 😁

The SNP campaign is a car crash in slow motion.

I have bookmarked a week on Friday to celebrate the end of Indy Ref 2. 🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Last polls I had seen had SNP on 44%.and 50 plus seats. 

Best to put that Buckfast on ice pal. 

Celebrate a Tory majority government ?

No thanks.

42 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Last polls I had seen had SNP on 44%.and 50 plus seats. 

Best to put that Buckfast on ice pal. 

Even if you got 100% you won't get a referendum and there is sod all the SNP can do about it.

I think you will end up somewhere around your 2017 result.

I'll be celebrating an SNP disaster. 👍

Reminds me of a poster wanting Hibs to win the cup because he hated Rangers more.

Only this is serious !

There is only despair if the Tories get in. 

22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Reminds me of a poster wanting Hibs to win the cup because he hated Rangers more.

Only this is serious !

There is only despair if the Tories get in. 

How you think that analogy is remotely relevant I don't know. :rolleyes:

Not as much as the damage austerity caused by independence will be.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Austerity? Why?

Because yer mum n dad in Westminster are not dishing out Scotlands Pocket money?

Because there will be Zero inward investment?

Big businesses will run away?

We will go like Zimbabwe?

The oil will run dry (again)?

England wont want to deal with us?

Fishes will swim away?

Rivers will run dry?

The lights will go off?

Hadrian's wall will need rebuilt?

BTW, is this you (or trapper, I cant decide)?

Tool.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Austerity? Why?

Because yer mum n dad in Westminster are not dishing out Scotlands Pocket money?

Because there will be Zero inward investment?

Big businesses will run away?

We will go like Zimbabwe?

The oil will run dry (again)?

England wont want to deal with us?

Fishes will swim away?

Rivers will run dry?

The lights will go off?

Hadrian's wall will need rebuilt?

BTW, is this you (or trapper, I cant decide)?

Tool.jpg

Institute for Fiscal Studies has analysed your manifesto and branded it as worse than Labour's and the Tories and a complete disaster.  Read for yourself....

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50657846

45 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Must have got it wrong. Thought you were Labour. If you’re Tory, the analogy is not relevant at all.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Institute for Fiscal Studies has analysed your manifesto and branded it as worse than Labour's and the Tories and a complete disaster.  Read for yourself....

Would rather read the tory manifesto...or the Beano. Both the same.

Edit: Is the institute of fiscal bullshit the REAL reason you think independence would be worse that your lots 10 years of Austerity (so far) and the disaster that Brexit will bring (your lots figures are not good on that subject)?

Naw, its because after indy you would need to get your suit (shown above) dry cleaned in a joke shop 😂

Edited by Pans Jambo

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Would rather read the tory manifesto...or the Beano. Both the same.

giphy.gif

Thanks.  You have just confirmed you don't know what you are talking about.  Head in the sand, ignoring any respected independent analysis of the SNP policies you don't like.

No need to say any more - you have said enough.

Trapper John McIntyre

No doubt in decades to come, historians will argue over how 40% of an electorate could become so easily brainwashed by the SNP and accept anything dished out to them no matter how ridiculous without question.

Fortunately there is a phenomenon known as the English working class. And hopefuly by next Friday they'll have delivered a verdict which will crush both the rancid stench of nationalism and the sewer dwelling, racist, anti semitic cult of Corbynism for good.

God bless England.

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

The British establishment has decided........... Do they ever say anything different? 

8 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The British establishment has decided........... Do they ever say anything different? 

That is complete nonsense and isn't helping your cause.

Please explain how the I.F.S. are the British establishment?

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is complete nonsense and isn't helping your cause.

Please explain how the I.F.S. are the British establishment?

Really! All these so called experts appear to be against self governance. They come out with the same guff all the time. Speculation, I could do that. Can't do this, can't do that. 

36 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Really! All these so called experts appear to be against self governance. They come out with the same guff all the time. Speculation, I could do that. Can't do this, can't do that. 

Its independent and unbiased scrutiny of your manifesto.

Are you saying they are wrong and if so explain how you are more qualified than they are at their job?

Space Mackerel
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

Even if you got 100% you won't get a referendum and there is sod all the SNP can do about it.

I think you will end up somewhere around your 2017 result.

Franks been reading The U.K. Union Voice FB page too much me thinks.

Why won’t there be Indy Ref 2? 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Are you saying they are wrong and if so explain how you are more qualified than they are at their job?

Not my manifesto. Not a member and couldn't give 2 hoots what any "independent study" projects. The SNP do not run the economy for a start, wish they did. 

2 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Franks been reading The U.K. Union Voice FB page too much me thinks.

Why won’t there be Indy Ref 2? 

Boris wins = no referendum 

Comrade Corbyn wins = no referendum until after at least Holyrood elections.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have not explained why there will no referendum. 

Just because Boris said there will be  o referendum doesn't mean there wont be  

Remember this is die in a ditch boris we are talking about. 

56 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You have not explained why there will no referendum. 

Just because Boris said there will be  o referendum doesn't mean there wont be  

Remember this is die in a ditch boris we are talking about. 

He has stated categorically there won't be.  Wait until next Friday and it will be confirmed.

The clue is in his party's name.

19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He has stated categorically there won't be.  Wait until next Friday and it will be confirmed.

The clue is in his party's name.

He can say that all he wants but he will ultimately be forced into it either through the courts or pressured into it. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

6 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm not saying they are wrong but neither can we say given the uncertainties that they are anywhere near right. 

I'm saying you are wrong when you claim "Institute for Fiscal Studies has analysed your manifesto and branded it as worse than Labour's and the Tories and a complete disaster." As you suggested i read it for myself and i can't see where they are branding the SNP manifesto as anything at all. It's quite a balanced and non-committal appraisal. One description of the manifesto by the IFS "said the SNP should be "commended" for setting out a plan through the Growth Commission to reduce the budget deficit significantly over the course of a decade."

Conversely it said of the Conservatives and Labour  "the spending pledges of both the Conservatives and Labour ahead of the election were "not credible", and accused both parties of not being honest with voters."

Perhaps you didn't understand the article or maybe you linked the wrong one.

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I'm not saying they are wrong but neither can we say given the uncertainties that they are anywhere near right. 

I'm saying you are wrong when you claim "Institute for Fiscal Studies has analysed your manifesto and branded it as worse than Labour's and the Tories and a complete disaster." As you suggested i read it for myself and i can't see where they are branding the SNP manifesto as anything at all. It's quite a balanced and non-committal appraisal. One description of the manifesto by the IFS "said the SNP should be "commended" for setting out a plan through the Growth Commission to reduce the budget deficit significantly over the course of a decade."

Conversely it said of the Conservatives and Labour  "the spending pledges of both the Conservatives and Labour ahead of the election were "not credible", and accused both parties of not being honest with voters."

I think he was having a go at me as I don't trust these speculators. Never put Scotland in a good light!

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He can say that all he wants but he will ultimately be forced into it either through the courts or pressured into it. 

No he won't.  The constitution is on his side.  Any referendum needs to be approved by Westminster.

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

As pointed out above the post you replied to related to a post that claimed the IFS were "the establishment" and had an agenda.

You are correct to say they also slaughtered the spending promises of Labour and the Tories.

The key thing here is the analysis predicting a sustained period of austerity.  The SNP are making claims over reversing austerity that are fantasy.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

As pointed out above the post you replied to related to a post that claimed the IFS were "the establishment" and had an agenda.

You are correct to say they also slaughtered the spending promises of Labour and the Tories.

The key thing here is the analysis predicting a sustained period of austerity.  The SNP are making claims over reversing austerity that are fantasy.

IFS were founded by bankers and a tory. Very reliable! Very much the hidden establishment and very scared of Scots self governance. I always wonder why?

16 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Are you actually Oliver Stone? Only asking due to your predilection for conspiracy theories.

’Scared of Scots self governance’!!!! Dearie me. I bet they’re quaking in their boots.

I've stated before, elsewhere, that I'm paranoid. UK has made me thus, sigh. 

Space Mackerel
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

That’ll be the Boris Johnson who said there would be no border in the Irish Sea too? 😂

I see auld Andy Neil has given him a bit of a roasting for shiting himself for no turning up. Have you seen it? 😁

That’ll be the Boris Johnson who said there would be no border in the Irish Sea too? 😂

One week to go till Indy Ref 2 put to bed. :thumbs_up:

I see auld Andy Neil has given him a bit of a roasting for shiting himself for no turning up. Have you seen it? 😁

Doesn't bother me - I'm voting Lib Dem to keep the Nats out of my area.