Stuart Lyon

Even More SNP Nonsense

Roxy Hearts
26 minutes ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

The only 'muck blowing ' on this thread is coming from furious Scotnat fanatics like yourself and your ridiculous Scottish exceptionalism bullshit when faced with views that differ from your own warped ideal of Caledonia

Job done.

An anti Scottish opinion is a fact? Daisley is British fool like most anti Scots. Yes we have problems but we're mostly decent and fair minded. 

Smith's right boot

Imagine the outrage if the SNP closed down parliament to force something through. 

Imagine the media response. 

Smith's right boot
On 23/08/2019 at 13:34, jack D and coke said:

Then they came up with GERS

🤥

D680BA47-3CC1-4DA8-AE1C-4003FB770049.jpeg

F45AFC75-5794-4302-8C62-CACE5564A56E.jpeg

Pretty common knowledge. 

Look at Irelands GDP then look at what they say Scotlands would be or is. 

How the **** do they come up with the shite. 

They should keep the numbers at least close to reality so they are believable as opposed to making us look like a third world country. 

Francis Albert

I think I have pretty much reached the end of the road on this. As I said in my very first post on the article you can pick holes in it but the thrust is right - and what I take out of it is that the myth that Scots and Scotland are in relation to race more open and tolerant and mature than the "Brits" is just that - a myth. It was for me an antidote to some of the guff spouted often on here and indeed repeated on this thread by "Brit"-haters.  

(I read it incidentally having never heard of the author before or the poet quoted so I came to it without any prejudice)

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

I think I have pretty much reached the end of the road on this. As I said in my very first post on the article you can pick holes in it but the thrust is right - and what I take out of it is that the myth that Scots and Scotland are in relation to race more open and tolerant and mature than the "Brits" is just that - a myth. It was for me an antidote to some of the guff spouted often on here and indeed repeated on this thread by "Brit"-haters.  

(I read it incidentally having never heard of the author before or the poet quoted so I came to it without any prejudice)

Nobody has disagreed with you man. You’re arguing with yourself. 

Daisley is a tit though. Keep that in mind👍🏼

ri Alban
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

My, my. How one little article truly reveals the inner angst of the Scottish nationalist!

Everyone except 'true(?)' Scots are bigots, racists, slave owners, empire builders, genocidal maniacs etc.

And yet how easily the poor downtrodden Scots took to it all. All those nasty habits... Of course, it was never in our true nature to take part in such activities until the English took us over in 1707, was it? (Darien aside).

But how we revelled in it all!  Then again, weren't we so good at it?

Common Scots, English, Irish and Welsh had no means of flourishing in said empire. The Elite did and the Elite are the ones who shamed these islands. But yet you glorify it. You'd have been nothing during these times, just like the rest of us. Or do you have a statue of a  family  member in Geo Sq that you visited when no won the Indyref.

Edited by ri Alban

SE16 3LN

I can't understand why tackling racism in Scotland is seen as negative. The true feelings of kickbacks fluffy little nationalists have been chucked out like spilled guts on the pavement. 

Blame the black woman, ****ing Neanderthal. 

The Mighty Thor
42 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I can't understand why tackling racism in Scotland is seen as negative. The true feelings of kickbacks fluffy little nationalists have been chucked out like spilled guts on the pavement. 

It was a nationalist or more specifically an SNP member that made the comments at the burns supper to Jackie Kay?

You know this for a fact?

coconut doug
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Who has said or implied that tackling racism in Scotland?

Who has blamed the black woman?

Why is it that those on your side of the argument have to misrepresent what has been said to support your side of the argument and why do you so readily resort to insults, is it because you have so few valid points to support your views?

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

:wtf: 

Who said that? 

North Berwick Jambo

untRuth Davidson gone? 😁

ri Alban

I said when Boris stood down against TM, he was planning this. And the SNP knew it. They've played a blinder here. Out of both Unions in one go and all down to Boris. Then we can negotiate with both Unions as an equal. 

Thank you British Nationalism. :Thum

Roxy Hearts
20 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

untRuth Davidson gone? 😁

Pity, was doing a good job at being crap! 😀

Prof

Just seen this thread for the first time. Was actually looking to see if anybody had experience of the new lounge. No wonder the Smeltic say Jambos are huns that cant afford the bus fare. This thread is more akin to the views and  biased garbage from the Orange Lodge than those in a modern Scotland.

jake
Just now, Prof said:

Just seen this thread for the first time. Was actually looking to see if anybody had experience of the new lounge. No wonder the Smeltic say Jambos are huns that cant afford the bus fare. This thread is more akin to the views and  biased garbage from the Orange Lodge than those in a modern Scotland.

Celtic can go fek themselves .

I voted independence btw .

So no wonder fek all you hibs %#@^.

Reekin

Prof
1 minute ago, jake said:

Celtic can go fek themselves .

I voted independence btw .

So no wonder fek all you hibs %#@^.

Reekin

So anybody that expresses a contrary opinion is a Hibbie. Pathetic and untrue.

jake
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Prof said:

So anybody that expresses a contrary opinion is a Hibbie. Pathetic and untrue.

Nae wonder

Edited by jake

ri Alban
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Nae wonder

How you no on the brexit thread? What do you think about the latest shift to dictatorship?

Holyrood will be shut down by this Clown. And Scotland will turn into NI if he does.

Edited by ri Alban

jake
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

How you no on the brexit thread? What do you think about the latest shift to dictatorship?

Holyrood will be shut down by this Clown. And Scotland will turn into NI if he does.

I'm just laughing at remainers complaining about democracy .

SE16 3LN
16 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Who has said or implied that tackling racism in Scotland?

Who has blamed the black woman?

Why is it that those on your side of the argument have to misrepresent what has been said to support your side of the argument and why do you so readily resort to insults, is it because you have so few valid points to support your views?

Stick your head in the sand if you want but here is just one example from the mighty bore.

"if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police" 

I've got a life so I'm not quoting the rest, but you can read so you know what's happening. Your denial speaks volumes about you but I'm not surprised.

SE16 3LN
15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:wtf: 

Who said that? 

See my response to coconut. I'm not surprised he's making excuses for racism, I am surprised at you. 

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

See my response to coconut. I'm not surprised he's making excuses for racism, I am surprised at you. 

I’m not making any excuses and tbh I haven’t seen him making them either. I don’t think we’re any better than anybody else up here and I’m not seeing anybody saying different tbh. 

Scotland is as intolerant and as racist as anywhere else I’m not in any doubt. 

jack D and coke
On 28/08/2019 at 10:28, Smith's right boot said:

Imagine the outrage if the SNP closed down parliament to force something through. 

Imagine the media response. 

To force through independence against a 1% swing in the referendum. 

Imagine it...

XB52
15 hours ago, Prof said:

FTH

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Stick your head in the sand if you want but here is just one example from the mighty bore.

"if Jackie Kay felt she had been racially abused at a burns supper, why didn't she report it to the police" 

I've got a life so I'm not quoting the rest, but you can read so you know what's happening. Your denial speaks volumes about you but I'm not surprised.

Again your reading and understanding skills are lacking.

According to Daisley, Jackie Kay was invited to give a toast at a burns supper and was racially abused by the person that invited her.

Why wouldn't she do something about that? It's out of order on so many levels.

I'll ask you again. As you appear to be very very selective or a bit thick.

Your assumption is that the abuser was a nationalist?

Got anything to back that bad boy up or more unsubstantiated slavering?

SE16 3LN
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Again your reading and understanding skills are lacking.

According to Daisley, Jackie Kay was invited to give a toast at a burns supper and was racially abused by the person that invited her.

Why wouldn't she do something about that? It's out of order on so many levels.

I'll ask you again. As you appear to be very very selective or a bit thick.

Your assumption is that the abuser was a nationalist?

Got anything to back that bad boy up or more unsubstantiated slavering?

No, my assumption is that your argument is racist. Incidentally, the same argument was used by Donald Trump when confronted with historical sexual abuse cases, the same argument is used by paedophiles over historical child abuse cases, the same argument is currently being used to defend Prince Andrews against his accusers. You're in the esteemed company of people who are also..."a bit thick" 😁 

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

No, my assumption is that your argument is racist. Incidentally, the same argument was used by Donald Trump when confronted with historical sexual abuse cases, the same argument is used by paedophiles over historical child abuse cases, the same argument is currently being used to defend Prince Andrews against his accusers. You're in the esteemed company of people who are also..."a bit thick" 😁 

Dodge. Deflect. 

Same MO.

Same lack of answers.

Same low grade trolling.

SE16 3LN
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Dodge. Deflect. 

Same MO.

Same lack of answers.

Same low grade trolling.

and you're calling me thick.

There are loads of reasons people don't report abuse when it  happens. Here's three,

1. Fear of retaliation/reprisal

2. Lack of faith in the individuals and organisations they're reporting it to

3. Victim shaming - that's what's going on in this case

Trapper John McIntyre
21 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

There are loads of reasons people don't report abuse when it  happens. Here's three,

You should be used to how this place works. Question any JKB orthodoxy, in this case Scottish Nationalism, and the pack dogs invariably attack en masse. Their language is usually that of the classic cybernats that they are. So don't expect anything less. It brings them comfort to abuse when they lose the argument and can't debate rationally.  Some have gone nuclear over the Stephen  Daisley article. They don't like it when the racist moniker they just love to throw at 'yoons' is chucked back at them in spades.  In fact, I'm happy to say, they appear to be positively seething.

So just take their usual bile with some good old fashioned British sang-froid.

Oh, and sometimes the mods will intervene on your behalf. Just be nice to them. They're nice people.

ri Alban
8 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

You should be used to how this place works. Question any JKB orthodoxy, in this case Scottish Nationalism, and the pack dogs invariably attack en masse. Their language is usually that of the classic cybernats that they are. So don't expect anything less. It brings them comfort to abuse when they lose the argument and can't debate rationally.  Some have gone nuclear over the Stephen  Daisley article. They don't like it when the racist moniker they just love to throw at 'yoons' is chucked back at them in spades.  In fact, I'm happy to say, they appear to be positively seething.

So just take their usual bile with some good old fashioned British sang-froid.

Oh, and sometimes the mods will intervene on your behalf. Just be nice to them. They're nice people.

:rofl:

Ive read your bile in the comments section of the Scotsman, Sir John.  You've a real brass neck. 

Trapper John McIntyre
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl:

Ive read your bile in the comments section of the Scotsman, Sir John.  You've a real brass neck. 

The only one one who goes near the Scotsman comments section is you not me it seems.

I never go near it or the paper itself.

But keep spouting your dire ri Alban if it brings you  comfort.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

The Mighty Thor
11 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Again your reading and understanding is letting you down. I said you were being selective or a bit thick.

Your reasons for people not reporting abuse are all valid and I could understand them all,  however none of them hold any water when you run and plaster it all over Twitter, the internet and finally in a puff piece in the Daily Mail. 

Again you and troller john mcintroll jumped all over an article which suggested scots are racist. The trap you both fell into was that racist scots = racist SNP. 

You both appear to be unable to get your heads around the notion that self determination is not racism. 

SE16 3LN
20 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Again your reading and understanding is letting you down. I said you were being selective or a bit thick.

Your reasons for people not reporting abuse are all valid and I could understand them all,  however none of them hold any water when you run and plaster it all over Twitter, the internet and finally in a puff piece in the Daily Mail. 

Again you and troller john mcintroll jumped all over an article which suggested scots are racist. The trap you both fell into was that racist scots = racist SNP. 

You both appear to be unable to get your heads around the notion that self determination is not racism. 

So its ok to retaliate against a victim of racism or shame them if they do nothing at the time of the incident but then raise it at a later date. I don't think you're aware how racism, and the fight against racism works, but I don't think you want to be racist. I can recommend some good race awareness training. Let me know and I'll PM you the details. 

The other point about racist Scots=racist SNP is valid although I didn't say that. I haven't heard anyone say that self determination is racism although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

coconut doug

The other point about racist Scots=racist SNP is valid although I didn't say that. I haven't heard anyone say that self determination is racism although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

Well we've heard it now if you assume that self determination and Nationalism are the same thing. I'm not sure which you think the Yes movement predominantly is or if you make a distinction between the two.

We are not trying to stoke any fires. The inadequacy and fragility of the UK is even more obvious now. Why would any reasonable person want to inflame the situation? We might not be winning the argument by using persuasion but the Unionist side is surely losing it because of their lies, intolerance and anti-democratic posturing. 

You claim to know a lot about racism so can you tell us which side of the political spectrum most racists inhabit and which side you will find most of the Indy supporters?  

The Mighty Thor

So its ok to retaliate against a victim of racism or shame them if they do nothing at the time of the incident but then raise it at a later date. I don't think you're aware how racism, and the fight against racism works, but I don't think you want to be racist. I can recommend some good race awareness training. Let me know and I'll PM you the details. 

Again your understanding skills are killing you. 

I've stated from the off that the racist abuse Jackie Kay received was out of order and should be called out and dealt with. 

You're deflecting again raising a strawman argument about me being racist. 

Its poor trolling again. 

You're not very good at this are you?

Boris
7 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

...although Nationalism always relies on racism and/or xenophobia to stoke the fires. To deny that would be disingenuous in my opinion. 

So you agree that the leave campaign during the Brexit referendum used this? Glad we can agree on something!

Roxy Hearts
6 hours ago, Boris said:

So you agree that the leave campaign during the Brexit referendum used this? Glad we can agree on something!

Britnats in Govan tonight. Lovely people. 

Francis Albert
Posted (edited)
On 29/08/2019 at 21:03, SE16 3LN said:

Maybe also that they simply  think it isn't worth it. That the level of abuse doesn't warrant police action and that especially if you are a public figure you can more effectively address it in other ways.

As she did.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
46 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Britnats in Govan tonight. Lovely people. 

A Republican Irish march in Govan openly supporting the New IRA and the recent murder of the journalist in NI and the people to blame for the result are "Britnats".  Wow.

Francis Albert

On another thread I have been corrected. Apparently it was not an "Irish Republican" march but an "Irish Unity" march hijacked by the New IRA, perhaps unsurprisingly because Irish Unity is precisely the New IRA's objective.

But they are successfully holding the UK and Europe's future to ransom by the threat of bombing anything including a number plate recognition camera on the Nortthern Ireland border so we have to take them seriously.

glynnlondon
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On another thread I have been corrected. Apparently it was not an "Irish Republican" march but an "Irish Unity" march hijacked by the New IRA, perhaps unsurprisingly because Irish Unity is precisely the New IRA's objective.

But they are successfully holding the UK and Europe's future to ransom by the threat of bombing anything including a number plate recognition camera on the Nortthern Ireland border so we have to take them seriously.

Eh ? 

Roxy Hearts
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Irish Republicans who support terrorism can GTF. There will always be trouble on that isle. 

SE16 3LN
On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:31, coconut doug said:

Well we've heard it now if you assume that self determination and Nationalism are the same thing. I'm not sure which you think the Yes movement predominantly is or if you make a distinction between the two.

We are not trying to stoke any fires. The inadequacy and fragility of the UK is even more obvious now. Why would any reasonable person want to inflame the situation? We might not be winning the argument by using persuasion but the Unionist side is surely losing it because of their lies, intolerance and anti-democratic posturing. 

You claim to know a lot about racism so can you tell us which side of the political spectrum most racists inhabit and which side you will find most of the Indy supporters?  

On ‎30‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:41, Boris said:

Both of you have failed to condemn racism again.  I condemn racism wherever it rears its ugly head, but just as bad as the racists are the people that turn their faces away.

XB52
14 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Both of you have failed to condemn racism again.  I condemn racism wherever it rears its ugly head, but just as bad as the racists are the people that turn their faces away.

You are the one saying racist=SNP with absolutely nothing to back it up. Everyone, at least every evolved human being condemns racism. What this has to do with this thread about the SNP I have no idea

ri Alban
9 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Did u vote remain?

SE16 3LN
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Did u vote remain?

Yes

Dannie Boy

Not sure if there is a Sicks Kids stuff thread but I’ll post this here as ultimately the buck stops at the top.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/edinburgh-s-new-sick-kids-hospital-won-t-open-till-autumn-2020-1-5002334

“An architect involved in the project told the Evening News problems were "built into" the new hospital because of political pressure to avoid further delays.

Another source close to the project revealed the basement of the hospital had been flooded twice due to drainage problems.

And an agency worker who worked on fitting fire detectors to the ventilation system voiced safety fears over alleged lack of checks on the work”

there will be a paper trail of check and sign off’s. I’m sure the NHS and Scottish Government will gladly hand over the evidence in keeping with their recent demands for Parliamentary scrutiny. What’s good for the goose etc.  

Edited by Dannie Boy

Dannie Boy

Just noticed the other thread has been resuscitated 😎

Zlatanable

Ye gads, John Swinney has #SNPbaaaded himself