Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It appears that the Scottish media give her that easy ride without challenging their record or policies.

I would like to see her destroyed on national tv in a cross party leaders debate.

She was on one last week, well away from Scotland and seemed to do quite well. 
By using Trump in a snide remark, Neil made a fool of himself, not her.

That’s from a non-SNP voter, incidentally !

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I liked Neil's statement that "You have called for legislation to protect the NHS from Donald Trump."Maybe the NHS needs legislation to protect it from Nicola Sturgeon."

It's actually refreshing to see a journalist hold her to account. Too often she is given a virtually free ride especially by BBC Glasgow. 

I don't like Sturgeon- there I said it.

however I cannot blame her for the NHs crisis up here.

She is not the problem. The NHs is not the problem.

The population is the problem, with the expectation that we can cure and fix everything with drugs/operations and so on.

Until the nation stops eating itself into oblivion the system is gubbed.

For example- the standard folic acid dose in pregnancy was 400mcg per day.

The young women are now  so fat it has been raised for many patients to 5mg, and many of them are on blood pressure meds during pregnancy because even when of child bearing age their bodies cannot cope.

The enormous number of people who are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes who simply do not lose weight - their weight is killing them.

THe obese with back pain/knee pain/hip pain on ever spiralling medication for this when they need to lose weight INSTEAD.

Obesity will make smoking look safe!

Food needs the same taxation applied to it as tobacco and alcohol

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Boab said:

She was on one last week, well away from Scotland and seemed to do quite well. 
By using Trump in a snide remark, Neil made a fool of himself, not her.

That’s from a non-SNP voter, incidentally !

Why? She was the one who kicked off her 2019 campaign pledging to protect the NHS from a  "Tory-Trump" trade deal. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

The population is the problem, with the expectation that we can cure and fix everything with drugs/operations and so on.

The young women are now  so fat it has been raised for many patients to 5mg, and many of them are on blood pressure meds during pregnancy because even when of child bearing age their bodies cannot cope.

The enormous number of people who are diagnosed with type 2 diabetes who simply do not lose weight - their weight is killing them.

THe obese with back pain/knee pain/hip pain on ever spiralling medication for this when they need to lose weight INSTEAD.

Actually you can blame her more than others.She was health minister under Salmond (who could do with taking your advice) and as FM has always been quick to make pronouncements about the NHS when it suits her. Although you are correct that we are getting porkier I find it concerning that you advocate taxing food as some sort of remedy. That will only hurt the poorest in our society even more. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why? She was the one who kicked off her 2019 campaign pledging to protect the NHS from a  "Tory-Trump" trade deal. 

If you can’t see the difference then there is no point in continuing. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

If you can’t see the difference then there is no point in continuing. 

So she can make spurious pronouncements about the Tory government selling the NHS to Trump but nobody is allowed to bat that back at her? I think is you who cannot see the connection.

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Actually you can blame her more than others.She was health minister under Salmond (who could do with taking your advice) and as FM has always been quick to make pronouncements about the NHS when it suits her. Although you are correct that we are getting porkier I find it concerning that you advocate taxing food as some sort of remedy. That will only hurt the poorest in our society even more. 

Part of the school curriculum should be compulsory based around food, cooking and health nutrition. Eating healthy is the basis of life and a good education about health eating is the way forward. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Not all food.

I would tax all takeaways and processed foods, and snacks,

the money raised would subsidise fruit/veg/fresh meat and sports activities- free swimming/football/gyms etc

Just now, Dannie Boy said:

Part of the school curriculum should be compulsory based around food, cooking and health nutrition. Eating healthy is the basis of life and a good education about health eating is the way forward. 

remember home economics?

When did that even stop?

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Not all food.

I would tax all takeaways and processed foods, and snacks,

the money raised would subsidise fruit/veg/fresh meat and sports activities- free swimming/football/gyms etc

Maybe we could pay for prescriptions again that would raise or save depending how you look at it £1.3billion. Do we not already pay VAT on take away grub? 

remember home economics?

When did that even stop?

I do remember that but when I was at school it was a choice and mostly taken up by girls. For us boys it was metal or wood work.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

remember home economics?

When did that even stop?

Probably around the same time as teachers stopped coaching sports after school and councils started selling off playing fields. 

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Probably around the same time as teachers stopped coaching sports after school and councils started selling off playing fields. 

What's that got to do with SNP Nonsense ?

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

So she can make spurious pronouncements about the Tory government selling the NHS to Trump but nobody is allowed to bat that back at her? I think is you who cannot see the connection.

The difference in her record of managing the NHS and well founded fears of what the Tories could/will do to the NHS is huge.

The connection is distasteful !

Just now, Boab said:

The difference in her record of managing the NHS and well founded fears of what the Tories could/will do to the NHS is huge.

The Tories can not affect the NHS in Scotland - it is devolved.

She is bashing them over something that she controls absolutely.

So they cannot do anything to the NHS in Scotland - that is her fiefdom.

The problems up here are hers alone until such a time as the Tory party take control of Hollyrood

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

The Glasgow and Edinburgh sick kids fiascos would suggest the SNP record on the NHS is suspect.

The Trump privatisation of the NHS was more at risk in the EU under the TTIP deal, I believe.

Both Labour and the SNP spreading lies here with no basis in fact.

The Tories can not affect the NHS in Scotland - it is devolved.

She is bashing them over something that she controls absolutely.

So they cannot do anything to the NHS in Scotland - that is her fiefdom.

The problems up here are hers alone until such a time as the Tory party take control of Hollyrood

That’s what she’s saying, is it not ?

Keep the Tories out because of what they will do to the NHS.....in Scotland ?

Devolved or not, the Tories in power wouldn’t follow the Tories in Westminster ?

Just now, frankblack said:

The Glasgow and Edinburgh sick kids fiascos would suggest the SNP record on the NHS is suspect.

The Trump privatisation of the NHS was more at risk in the EU under the TTIP deal, I believe.

Both Labour and the SNP spreading lies here with no basis in fact.

I agree about the risks of TTIP. Both should be vigorously opposed.

Just now, weehammy said:

Some convoluted logic there.
A bit like, ‘...we had an independence referendum and lost (quite clearly) but Scotland voted to stay in the EU (again clearly) so that justifies a further independence referendum. Our strategy post general election is to stop brexit through an alliance with labour and like minded others.’

So no brexit - no second independence referendum????

’On no, that will still be justified because of the brexit negotiation chaos of the last three years, even though it’s no longer happening’.

Mmmmmm let me think about that!

There’s convoluted and there’s wtf !

If the Tories won power in Scotland, do you thing they would pursue what many believe the Tories would pursue in England re. the NHS ?

I honestly don’t see a great convolution there tbh.

Just now, weehammy said:

Forgive me if I don’t understand.

You’re anticipating a Tory majority in an independent Scotland?
Think the last time that happened was back in the 50s!

For what it’s worth, my own view of the NHS (where my family have always been well treated) is that it is a money pit. The best way to deal with the demands of an ageing and increasing population and the greater availability of ever more sophisticated drugs, would be through constructive cross party discussion.

About as likely as Hearts winning the Champions League unfortunately!

Not an Independent Scotland, no. A devolved Scotland. Unlikely but hey !

Craig Gordons Gloves
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Forgive me if I don’t understand.

You’re anticipating a Tory majority in an independent Scotland?
Think the last time that happened was back in the 50s!

For what it’s worth, my own view of the NHS (where my family have always been well treated) is that it is a money pit. The best way to deal with the demands of an ageing and increasing population and the greater availability of ever more sophisticated drugs, would be through constructive cross party discussion.

About as likely as Hearts winning the Champions League unfortunately!

I believe many things could be solved for the better if this was a regular occurence as opposed to partisan/tribal politics. 

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Boab said:

Absolute nonsense. Her record in running the NHS as Minister and then having ultimate responsibility as FM is shocking. Stop regurgitating the lies you've heard labour and the natz spew forth about what those horrid conservatives could/will do to the NHS it's not becoming.

51 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Absolute nonsense. Her record in running the NHS as Minister and then having ultimate responsibility as FM is shocking. Stop regurgitating the lies you've heard labour and the natz spew forth about what those horrid conservatives could/will do to the NHS it's not becoming.

I think Tories are vermin. I have very good reasons for thinking that in my experience.

I’ll believe what I want, thanks very much.

I’m not trying to curry favour with anyone so if anyone doesn’t like it, tough.

Montgomery Brewster
8 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

People in Scotland  voting Tory

😆

Correct. It really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. 

Trapper John McIntyre
1 hour ago, Boab said:

I think Tories are vermin. I have very good reasons for thinking that in my experience.

I’ll believe what I want, thanks very much.

I’m not trying to curry favour with anyone so if anyone doesn’t like it, tough.

Stop being bloody silly.

Trapper John McIntyre
10 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Correct. It really leaves a bad taste in the mouth. 

How dare they.

Just now, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Stop being bloody silly.

Their leader is a lying racist. I’ve heard worse descriptions on here for people like that. How would you describe him ?

5 hours ago, Boab said:

Their leader is a lying racist. I’ve heard worse descriptions on here for people like that. How would you describe him ?

mein Führer!?

11 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Stop being bloody silly.

11 hours ago, Boab said:

Boab summarised Boris perfectly here. 

If you're going to parachute into a seat you think you have a chance of winning, at least remember what constituency you are standing in, and not the last one you were emptied out of.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18063237.top-snp-candidate-booed-forgetting-seat-hustings/?fbclid=IwAR0rHUZQKAXOMxkWI9gB_yB5e5dRSwbUe8IOUvJwFIlJk4hVEpXZaJhnSDY

Trapper John McIntyre

'I've always loved Perth.'

He's already attempted to represent:

West Dunbartonshire

Linlithgow & East Falkirk

Midlothian 

North Ayrshire and Arran 

East Dunbartonshire 

Ochil and South Perthshire

The SNP must be short of decent candidates.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

33 minutes ago, gjcc said:

That the Pseudomonas nonsense? It’s found almost everywhere. You’ve probably had a dose or ten of it today already. Unsurprising that it’s present in an uninhabited hospital. 

Yes but I’m fit and healthy!  Those that could be vulnerable are most at risk. 

A BUG which led to operations being cancelled at Edinburgh’s Western General Hospital earlier this year has been found in the water supply at the Capital’s new unopened Sick Kids hospital.

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Yes but I’m fit and healthy!  Those that could be vulnerable are most at risk. 

A BUG which led to operations being cancelled at Edinburgh’s Western General Hospital earlier this year has been found in the water supply at the Capital’s new unopened Sick Kids hospital.

Sorry I didn’t realise there were ill an vulnerable people in an  unfinished an uninhabited building of the hospital.
Better have someone ensuring the workmen are wearing infection control gear and following strict hand hygiene.

They DEFINITELY won’t give the place a deep clean prior to opening (in 2035 :lol: ). 

5 minutes ago, gjcc said:

Sorry I didn’t realise there were ill an vulnerable people in an  unfinished an uninhabited building of the hospital.
Better have someone ensuring the workmen are wearing infection control gear and following strict hand hygiene.

They DEFINITELY won’t give the place a deep clean prior to opening (in 2035 :lol: ). 

you are deliberately missing my point but crack on anyway.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

you are deliberately missing my point but crack on anyway.

I'm missing it too but not deliberately, can you explain?

1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

I'm missing it too but not deliberately, can you explain?

The article I referenced and posted highlighted water contamination in the WGH which cause operations to be cancelled. They have also now found the same contaminated water in a new but yet to be opened hospital. @gjcc in the rush to defend the the SNP government completely ignored that fact. 
If the Sick Kids had opened on time I wonder if the contaminated water would have been picked and dealt with. Any new hospital would and should have preventative measures in place to deal with this known issue, obviously not. 
so it’s another failure for the SNP health team.

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

The article I referenced and posted highlighted water contamination in the WGH which cause operations to be cancelled. They have also now found the same contaminated water in a new but yet to be opened hospital. @gjcc in the rush to defend the the SNP government completely ignored that fact. 
If the Sick Kids had opened on time I wonder if the contaminated water would have been picked and dealt with. Any new hospital would and should have preventative measures in place to deal with this known issue, obviously not. 
so it’s another failure for the SNP health team.

AS i understand it Pseudomonas is found everywhere in the aquatic environment and is a particular problem in A/C and heating systems. I believe that the levels of bacteria in hospital water are routinely measured and treatments to eradicate it, preventatively or otherwise, are also routine. If this were not so how did it come to the attention of the management at WGH?  I cant imagine why you think such eradication techniques would not be applied in any new hospital.

You and some of the Press as well it seems are of the opinion that our doctors and medical staff are incapable of managing hospital hygiene and base your accusation on the premise that an empty and as yet unused hospital has a presence of this environmentally common bacteria.

How do you know and how does your source know of the presence of this contaminant. As far as i can see the info came from Lothian Health Board and i can only assume that they are monitoring contamination levels within the hospital. This might even be a shrewd strategy and help them more accurately identify where the bacteria are coming from. I would also imagine that it is a compulsory function of their remit. Unless of course you know different. 

Seems to me this is another example of good governance by SG but perhaps you could explain how this situation might improve if we did not have an SNP administation. If you are unable to do so i think we'll just have to put this down to another SNPBAD failure. 

3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

AS i understand it Pseudomonas is found everywhere in the aquatic environment and is a particular problem in A/C and heating systems. I believe that the levels of bacteria in hospital water are routinely measured and treatments to eradicate it, preventatively or otherwise, are also routine. If this were not so how did it come to the attention of the management at WGH?  I cant imagine why you think such eradication techniques would not be applied in any new hospital.

You and some of the Press as well it seems are of the opinion that our doctors and medical staff are incapable of managing hospital hygiene and base your accusation on the premise that an empty and as yet unused hospital has a presence of this environmentally common bacteria.

How do you know and how does your source know of the presence of this contaminant. As far as i can see the info came from Lothian Health Board and i can only assume that they are monitoring contamination levels within the hospital. This might even be a shrewd strategy and help them more accurately identify where the bacteria are coming from. I would also imagine that it is a compulsory function of their remit. Unless of course you know different. 

Seems to me this is another example of good governance by SG but perhaps you could explain how this situation might improve if we did not have an SNP administation. If you are unable to do so i think we'll just have to put this down to another SNPBAD failure. 

Good grief! Good governance from the SNP who have failed with NHS targets. Can’t wait for this court against The SNP for failing to meet a target.....OH wait it’s a civil law say Sturgeon ah phew that’s ok then. 

Speaking to the veteran interviewer on BBC One, Ms Sturgeon said: “It’s not a criminal law.”

Mr Neil added: “But it’s a civil offence though.

Mr Neil said: “What’s the point of the legal guarantee then? It means nothing, does it?”

Sturgeon avoided answering his question. 

10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

It’s the maintenance staff that are monitoring the hygiene of the building and it’s services and in these new hospitals it’s private contractors in the main that do it. 
Imagine if the hospital ((Sick Kids) had opened on time and an infection problem arose within the water reticulation system and someone suffered because of it. 

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Good grief! Good governance from the SNP who have failed with NHS targets. Can’t wait for this court against The SNP for failing to meet a target.....OH wait it’s a civil law say Sturgeon ah phew that’s ok then. 

Speaking to the veteran interviewer on BBC One, Ms Sturgeon said: “It’s not a criminal law.”

Mr Neil added: “But it’s a civil offence though.

Mr Neil said: “What’s the point of the legal guarantee then? It means nothing, does it?”

Sturgeon avoided answering his question. 

It’s the maintenance staff that are monitoring the hygiene of the building and it’s services and in these new hospitals it’s private contractors in the main that do it. 
Imagine if the hospital ((Sick Kids) had opened on time and an infection problem arose within the water reticulation system and someone suffered because of it. 

Isn't the point that all areas in the UK have failed to meet their targets? Isn't it true that many performance indicators in Scotland are better than those elsewhere in the U.K.? Logically this would suggest good governance in comparison to other UK areas and since we can only realistically vote for parties that have presided over worse standards than we enjoy in Scotland doesn't it make sense to vote SNP if Health outcomes are your priority?

I didn't know the monitoring was done by private contractors. Can you tell us who they are? Has a part of our NHS been privatised?  Did they get it wrong?  Can they be prosecuted for the failings? Is their work supervised, who are they responsible to? Are their maintenance staff qualified in microbiology? 

8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Isn't the point that all areas in the UK have failed to meet their targets? Isn't it true that many performance indicators in Scotland are better than those elsewhere in the U.K.? Logically this would suggest good governance in comparison to other UK areas and since we can only realistically vote for parties that have presided over worse standards than we enjoy in Scotland doesn't it make sense to vote SNP if Health outcomes are your priority?

I didn't know the monitoring was done by private contractors. Can you tell us who they are? Has a part of our NHS been privatised?  Did they get it wrong?  Can they be prosecuted for the failings? Is their work supervised, who are they responsible to? Are their maintenance staff qualified in microbiology? 

Not really interested in elsewhere it is Scotland and the SNP running of the NHS here that is the focus at the moment and they are failing. 
Now whether anyone one else can do better here who knows but right now the SNO are failing and trying to white wash it.

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Not really interested in elsewhere it is Scotland and the SNP running of the NHS here that is the focus at the moment and they are failing. 
Now whether anyone one else can do better here who knows but right now the SNO are failing and trying to white wash it.

So what your saying is vote Labour or Tory and ignore their record elsewhere but do not vote SNP because their record is bad and it does not matter that the others are worse. 

10 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

So what your saying is vote Labour or Tory and ignore their record elsewhere but do not vote SNP because their record is bad and it does not matter that the others are worse. 

The SNP need to be accountable and they are trying to bat it away just like you are. 
They make it a law but when’s the court case and wAs is the punishment for failure. It’s all ballocks and frankly they need to up their game if they want my vote. Which is highly unlikely to ever happen.