• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

One week to go till Indy Ref 2 put to bed. :thumbs_up:

Doesn't bother me - I'm voting Lib Dem to keep the Nats out of my area.

Imagine  thinking the most right wing English Nationalist PM in living memory is going to stop Indy from happening. 

Absolutely demented. 😁 

I'm confused.

A week or so ago, the Nats on here were calling Andrew Neil a traitor, scum and an 'Uncle Tom' when he absolutely roasted Nicola. 

Tonight, he is a hero

Nowt stranger or more fickle than the Nats 🤣

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine  thinking the most right wing English Nationalist PM in living memory is going to stop Indy from happening. 

Absolutely demented. 😁 

Its quite simple - Tory majority and its all over, Labour majority and any referendum would be some time after the next Holyrood elections at least, Lib Dems majority/coalition = no indy ref 2.

You are in denial.

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its quite simple - Tory majority and its all over, Labour majority and any referendum would be some time after the next Holyrood elections at least, Lib Dems majority/coalition = no indy ref 2.

You are in denial.

Sure pal. 

Great British democracy and the Mother of all Parliaments at work.

Imagine if it’s another hung Parly and wee Jimmy Krankie is Kingmaker, that would be funny as ****. 😁

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Sure pal. 

Great British democracy and the Mother of all Parliaments at work.

Imagine if it’s another hung Parly and wee Jimmy Krankie is Kingmaker, that would be funny as ****. 😁

I think the Lib Dems are more likely to be in that position and they would insist on killing off Indy Ref 2 for their support. 👍

Space Mackerel
Just now, frankblack said:

I think the Lib Dems are more likely to be in that position and they would insist on killing off Indy Ref 2 for their support. 👍

The Lib Dem’s noo? Make up your mind! 😂

Space Mackerel
16 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

I'm confused.

A week or so ago, the Nats on here were calling Andrew Neil a traitor, scum and an 'Uncle Tom' when he absolutely roasted Nicola. 

Tonight, he is a hero

Imagine being the possible PM of the U.K. and shiting it from a TV interview though.

Rumours flying he is pieing ITV now as well.

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Imagine being the possible PM of the U.K. and shiting it from a TV interview though.

Rumours flying he is pieing ITV now as well.

The possible PM?? ...... He IS the PM right now. You do realise that don't you 

Space Mackerel

Bookies have shortened the odds to a 25% chance Boris will lose his seat. 😁😁😁

Swinson is gonna lose hers.

FAF. 

59 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Bookies have shortened the odds to a 25% chance Boris will lose his seat. 😁😁😁

Swinson is gonna lose hers.

FAF. 

:rofl:

Space Mackerel
32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ian Blackford just had a mare on Question Time when Fiona Bruce ripped his answers on austerity and the IFS to pieces.

Here Frank?

Can you explain why Scotland is the only country in Western Europe that would be skint? 
considering it’s geographical size, abundance of natural resources, relatively smallish population and being one of the most educated in the world, why would it fail? 

Take your time. 

6 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Here Frank?

Can you explain why Scotland is the only country in Western Europe that would be skint? 
considering it’s geographical size, abundance of natural resources, relatively smallish population and being one of the most educated in the world, why would it fail? 

Take your time. 

Hope you weren't waiting up all night for a reply as I went to my kip.

Your question would be easier to answer if the SNP gave some clarity on their position.

- Managing their share of the UK national debt.

- What currency we would use, and will it be worth less than the UK pound.

- How they will get into the EU especially if the debt and deficit don't meet entry requirements.

- How are the SNP going to create and police a hard border with England.

We deserve some clarity as the SNP appear to have double standards as they accused the Tories of not being clear on Brexit before the 2016 referendum.

17 hours ago, frankblack said:

As pointed out above the post you replied to related to a post that claimed the IFS were "the establishment" and had an agenda.

You are correct to say they also slaughtered the spending promises of Labour and the Tories.

The key thing here is the analysis predicting a sustained period of austerity.  The SNP are making claims over reversing austerity that are fantasy.

My original point was that you were wrong when you said the "Institute for Fiscal Studies has analysed your manifesto and branded it as worse than Labour's and the Tories and a complete disaster." They did not brand anything in anyway, that was your invention.

You are correct to state that the Ifs said the SNP plans mean austerity if we run our economy the same way in an Indy Scotland as we do currently in the U.k. We are not going to do that though as there would be no point in Indy if we do things the same. 

The claims of reversing austerity are based on managing the economy more appropriately than Westminster i.e.reducing debt repayments, cancelling Trident and growing/maintaining the economy by remaining in the EU and having exchange rates that serve the needs of our exporters rather than London property speculators. Obviously that takes time but is a better outcome than paying out debt interest and PFI money to banks and financiers at extortionate rates for eternity. As Blackford pointed out on QS the banks received £450billion from the state as the state served their interest and not the interests of the general public.

Surely everybody understands that debt repayments and regressive taxation systems have decimated funding for public services. A balanced solution over several years is required to remedy this situation. What the Tories and Labour are offering is huge spending increases to bribe the public and little surety as to where the money is coming from. 

That is the point the IFS were trying to make. 

4 hours ago, frankblack said:

Hope you weren't waiting up all night for a reply as I went to my kip.

Your question would be easier to answer if the SNP gave some clarity on their position.

- Managing their share of the UK national debt.

- What currency we would use, and will it be worth less than the UK pound.

- How they will get into the EU especially if the debt and deficit don't meet entry requirements.

- How are the SNP going to create and police a hard border with England.

We deserve some clarity as the SNP appear to have double standards as they accused the Tories of not being clear on Brexit before the 2016 referendum.

I asked those questions a couple of days ago. 
No answers can be given but apparently they’re not big issues. 

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I asked those questions a couple of days ago. 
No answers can be given but apparently they’re not big issues. 

I think you've had the answers several times from many different posters. 

Managing Scotland's share of U.K. debt - It remains to be seen how much this will be but remember some will be offset with our share of assets and of course a considerable proportion is owed to the state bank. Otherwise cutting expenditure on things we don,t need or want i.e. Trident and increased revenues from growing the economy. 

It has been proposed that we use our own new currency. 

There are no debt and deficit requirements for EU entry unless you know different.

The SNP wont be creating and policing a hard border with England unless that's what England wants i.e. RUK leaves the EU. Most countries have borders and police them and some  countries have cross border links which effortlessly connect communities separated from each other by national borders. This is normal.

On 04/12/2019 at 18:03, frankblack said:

Even if you got 100% you won't get a referendum and there is sod all the SNP can do about it.

I think you will end up somewhere around your 2017 result.

You do realise that we are legally entitled to have a referendum, Francis?

https://www.businessforscotland.com/a-2020-scottish-independence-referendum-what-if-westminster-says-no/

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

I think you've had the answers several times from many different posters. 

Managing Scotland's share of U.K. debt - It remains to be seen how much this will be but remember some will be offset with our share of assets and of course a considerable proportion is owed to the state bank. Otherwise cutting expenditure on things we don,t need or want i.e. Trident and increased revenues from growing the economy. 

It has been proposed that we use our own new currency. 

There are no debt and deficit requirements for EU entry unless you know different.

The SNP wont be creating and policing a hard border with England unless that's what England wants i.e. RUK leaves the EU. Most countries have borders and police them and some  countries have cross border links which effortlessly connect communities separated from each other by national borders. This is normal.

But, but, but what will we back our currency with? Haggis? :lol: 

I jest of course but like you say it wouldn’t matter what someone who doesn’t want this was offered. It would be rubbished by a Ruth Davidson/Willie Rennie type and round and round we go. 
They are convinced Scotland would crash and burn and nothing will convince them otherwise. 
Chinese snookered. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I jest of course but like you say it wouldn’t matter what someone who doesn’t want this was offered. It would be rubbished by a Ruth Davidson/Willie Rennie type and round and round we go. 
They are convinced Scotland would crash and burn and nothing will convince them otherwise. 
Chinese snookered. 

Indeed. Personally my biggest concern is what will be the recognised official term for Lorne/sliced/square sausage. Can’t see how I could vote for an independent Scotland until this major issue is resolved. :( 

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

Ian Blackford just had a mare on Question Time when Fiona Bruce ripped his answers on austerity and the IFS to pieces.

Quite the opposite Frank but keep yer Union Jack glasses oan ma boy. Theres a lad.

2A1AE2C8-1B0A-40E9-A933-CE2974C45934.jpeg

Edited by Pans Jambo

19 hours ago, Old Hearts said:

I'm confused.

Tonight, he is a hero

He's an uncle Tom, lickspittle, subservient Scot. 

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Chinese snookered. 

I'm sure you remember how the Bank of England saved us from the debt accrued by the Scottish banks and the tales of how disastrous this would have been if we were independent. England saving us from ourselves. 

You are correct, there is no way any Scottish currency arrangements would be acceptable to them. They don't tell us which would be best, just that all suggestions are wrong, meanwhile the value of sterling degrades.

There were people on here telling us sterling was the strongest currency on the planet simply because a pound was worth more than a single unit of any other currency. It's frightening to think just how indoctrinated and subjugated some people are.

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You do realise that we are legally entitled to have a referendum, Francis?

https://www.businessforscotland.com/a-2020-scottish-independence-referendum-what-if-westminster-says-no/

Not at all.

Would require to win in the Supreme Court on constitutional change - a massive ask.    The alternative suggested would have the same standing as the recent one in Barcelona.  How is their Independence going?

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not at all.

Would require to win in the Supreme Court on constitutional change - a massive ask.    The alternative suggested would have the same standing as the recent one in Barcelona.  How is their Independence going?

No. it would not have the same standing as the Barcelona referendum. It’s totally different.

Before we get back to that though, can I ask you a couple of questions?

1) Are you Scottish?

2) How do you define your national identity?

20 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No. it would not have the same standing as the Barcelona referendum. It’s totally different.

How?  If you don't get legal permission to hold it (which is almost certain) then its just as illegal and unenforceable.

Before we get back to that though, can I ask you a couple of questions?

1) Are you Scottish?

Born in England to Scottish and English parents then raised here.

2) How do you define your national identity?

I check my passport.  It says British.

On 28/11/2016 at 13:09, Mars plastic said:

Truly bizarre that these charlatans have hoodwinked so many of the Scottish electorate into voting for them. Everything they touch turns to utter shite.

That sounds very familiar.  You urny the snp canvasser who came to my door looking for my vote are you?

21 hours ago, frankblack said:

Sturgeon before and after her interview by Andrew Neil:

Nicola-Sturgeon-s-plans-for-Scotland-wer

Nicola-Sturgeon-Andrew-Neil-interview-el

:rofl:

You can almost touch the loathing in her eyes.   First hard time from a journalist was it, hen?

On 05/12/2019 at 10:22, manaliveits105 said:

The snp run tax in Scotland just for starters they are as culpable as the ruling government for austerity

FACT

I reckon if Scotland becomes independent, you can say tata to the free prescriptions, bus travel for people over 60 etc.etc and can look forward to high tax raising measures.

Space Mackerel
51 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How?  If you don't get legal permission to hold it (which is almost certain) then its just as illegal and unenforceable.

Born in England to Scottish and English parents then raised here.

I check my passport.  It says British.

See when Indy does happen Frank, on a scale of 1 to 10, how seething will you be? 

Do you think you’ll become a terrorist? 😁😁😁

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

See when Indy does happen Frank, on a scale of 1 to 10, how seething will you be? 

I'm confident it won't.  Your lot have lost any debate that focuses on their policies, and they couldn't stand up to the scrutiny of an Indy Ref campaign.

3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Do you think you’ll become a terrorist? 😁😁😁

Seems to be something closer to your mob going by history of nationalist loons.

It seems curious that you raised that topic - were you considering it yourself?

Space Mackerel
9 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

See when you lose the plot like this @Space Mackerel et al , take a break. 

Just a bit of banter likesay ken. Calm doon laddie.

Mind you, YouGov ran a poll on their website for the registered folks the other day and one of the questions was “Do you believe there would be civil unrest after Scottish Independence?”

Hopefully the more extreme loyalists will move to NI to fight for the union there. Then when reunification happens they can move to england

Space Mackerel
17 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Hopefully the more extreme loyalists will move to NI to fight for the union there. Then when reunification happens they can move to england

Mind when all the daft Sevco fans steamed into George Square booting **** out of everyone back in 2014? 

And they won too! 😁😁😁

Ainsley Harriott
14 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I reckon if Scotland becomes independent, you can say tata to the free prescriptions, bus travel for people over 60 etc.etc and can look forward to high tax raising measures.

100% of they want to follow through on their plans to rejoin the EU they will need to reduce our deficit massively 

manaliveits105

Front page of Times - new survey 56% of Scots against independence - who knew !

looks like Sturgeons TV bombing has backfired 

Space Mackerel
59 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

A Tory run company called YouGov poll? 😁

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Who did they ask, Andrew Neil? 

Space Mackerel
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who did they ask, Andrew Neil? 

You have to register for the YouGov polls with no formal checks on who you are or even exist.

No more credible than a Twitter poll. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

I think the more realistic scenario is that come Friday morning, Indy Ref 2 is blocked and the impending court case could damage the SNP so what next for the Nats?

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think the more realistic scenario is that come Friday morning, Indy Ref 2 is blocked and the impending court case could damage the SNP so what next for the Nats?

How will it damage the Nats? Makes no difference to me or anyone I know on both sides. If he's guilty he should be punished. It's the media like everything else and some people are naive and gullible. The Nats will always aspire to/for self governance as it's quite normal in a democracy. 

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How will it damage the Nats? Makes no difference to me or anyone I know on both sides. If he's guilty he should be punished. It's the media like everything else and some people are naive and gullible. The Nats will always aspire to/for self governance as it's quite normal in a democracy. 

The question is how much damage will fall on the SNP once the details come out.