Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, Yoda said:

On the STV News at 6pm tonight we had; Scotland's economy to barely grow over the next 5 years. Edinburgh City Bypass in dire need of upgrade & Hamsa Useless making his usual excuses and then a £400 million gap in Fire Service funding.

Of course it's all somebody else's fault, but not the SNP who are responsible for all of the above.

Exactly, how can they honestly say that growth forecasts in Scotland being lower than the rest of the Uk is due to Westminster/current government approach and policies.  It makes them look ridiculous and other than the most diehard SNP voter reinforces the ever growing belief that they really will don’t know how to turn our economy around and will always, always resort to blaming Westminster.   When so many areas are devolved and every part of the UK economy is outperforming Scotland that rhetoric becomes cringeworthy 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo

I think Nicola sturgeon is in a real bind now.  That growth commission report doesn’t look like it will persuade many people who voted No to change their mind and has actually genuinely seemed to divide the Yes vote some of whom I think will now go back to labour.   Not huge numbers maybe but enough to be a concern.  If she doesn’t have a referendum before 2021 every other party will campaign on the issue in the Scottish elections and given the general election result and make up of Scottish Parliament seats will almost certainly see the SNP lose their majority, after which the other parties will unite to block a second referendum.   If she does call one, and loses which must be a very real possibility the issue really will be dead.  No one would support talk of a third referendum (see Quebec).  It could be the end of Scottish independence for an actual generation if not more.  Tough times for Nicola and her party.  

2 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How about Westminster give us full control for say a year and see if we can run our own economy like a big grown up country. The SNP isn't Scotland but they are Scottish and the alternatives are very, very poor. 

I don't think this works as nothing much would be achieved in a year.

Even if you extend your proposed trial you won't see much in the way of investment as not many sensible companies will want invest in something that could only be short term. 

Sorry to sound so dismissive of your plan as I genuinely think the indy movement need be looking to embrace different approaches to try and gain Indy and I'm happy to see some new ideas.

I've suggested before that they should try raising taxes further to give the electorate a better idea if what may be required in the short term after Indy. But they also take the majority of this extra revenue, while still exploiting Barnet - and invest it in renewable industry: which would help provide additional employment and revenue under Indy. 

Roxy Hearts
25 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Exactly, how can they honestly say that growth forecasts in Scotland being lower than the rest of the Uk is due to Westminster/current government approach and policies.  It makes them look ridiculous and other than the most diehard SNP voter reinforces the ever growing belief that they really will don’t know how to turn our economy around and will always, always resort to blaming Westminster.   When so many areas are devolved and every part of the UK economy is outperforming Scotland that rhetoric becomes cringeworthy 

Yes OK. Wales and NI outperforming Scotland? Show me your fish, whisky, shortbread, porridge, Harris Tweed, finance, computer games software, tourism, renewables, gin..... and a wee bit oil and gas. Just some stuff. England has the mighty London and its quantative easing with its false economy. Can't even feed itself. 

I'm taking the wee wee a little but for goodness sake Scotland isn't skint. 

Roxy Hearts
7 minutes ago, Doogz said:

I don't think this works as nothing much would be achieved in a year.

Even if you extend your proposed trial you won't see much in the way of investment as not many sensible companies will want invest in something that could only be short term. 

Sorry to sound so dismissive of your plan as I genuinely think the indy movement need be looking to embrace different approaches to try and gain Indy and I'm happy to see some new ideas.

I've suggested before that they should try raising taxes further to give the electorate a better idea if what may be required in the short term after Indy. But they also take the majority of this extra revenue, while still exploiting Barnet - and invest it in renewable industry: which would help provide additional employment and revenue under Indy. 

I was taking the wee wee as finding the current contortions of the state absurd. 

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I was taking the wee wee as finding the current contortions of the state absurd. 

Ah sadly I was thinking you were looking for a more practical and realistic solution to the challenges ahead under Brexit and possible Indy. 

The idea suggested in Spacys Faroe video of a slow transition to Indy whereby we only get each new powers when we can afford to pay for it ourselves seemed another option to move towards Indy and engage at least some of the soft no voters.

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Doogz said:

Ah sadly I was thinking you were looking for a more practical and realistic solution to the challenges ahead under Brexit and possible Indy. 

The idea suggested in Spacys Faroe video of a slow transition to Indy whereby we only get each new powers when we can afford to pay for it ourselves seemed another option to move towards Indy and engage at least some of the soft no voters.

Just fed up with it all Doogz. There are no guarantees but I honestly have faith in people who live and work here to make Scotland even more successful. There's a huge Scottish diaspora to tap into. Trump may not be liked but he is an example. There are many Scots who find it appealing to invest in us. The thought of us reaching out and promoting ourselves in our own words is exciting and most of us are driven to succeed. We are not a new country starting from scratch which is what it sounds like from some folk. This is not about emotion it's about redirection. 

Just fed up with it all Doogz. There are no guarantees but I honestly have faith in people who live and work here to make Scotland even more successful.

I agree to an extent - I see hard working dynamic people everyday here - but that isn't enough. I see similar people on my trips to London, Dublin, Krakow, Gdansk and Frankfurt. 

There's a huge Scottish diaspora to tap into. Trump may not be liked but he is an example. There are many Scots who find it appealing to invest in us.

Few people will invest just out of loyalty - there need to be clear incentives, plans and infrastructure in place to give the investment enough chance to earn the investor money to make the risk worthwhile.

The thought of us reaching out and promoting ourselves in our own words is exciting and most of us are driven to succeed. We are not a new country starting from scratch which is what it sounds like from some folk. This is not about emotion it's about redirection. 

I agree it's not ( or shouldn't be about emotion) but it needs planned out as well as possible to give the best chance of success.

You said earlier there are no guarantees which is true - but I've just given 2 possible routes to Indy which mitigate the risk - isn't this a better way forward rather than another Brexit leap into the darkness?

Brighton Jambo
32 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes OK. Wales and NI outperforming Scotland? Show me your fish, whisky, shortbread, porridge, Harris Tweed, finance, computer games software, tourism, renewables, gin..... and a wee bit oil and gas. Just some stuff. England has the mighty London and its quantative easing with its false economy. Can't even feed itself. 

I'm taking the wee wee a little but for goodness sake Scotland isn't skint. 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/wales-economy-grow-quickly-gva-14061830

http://www.mcepublicrelations.com/northern-ireland-economy-forecast-grow-1-0-per-cent-2018/

i disnt say scotland was skint, I said, as has been widely reported, that its economy underperforms the rest of the UK.  In the article above NI has a higher growth forecast for 2018 than the figures released this week for Scotland.  And the article on wales albeit six months out of date shows how robust their economy is.  This was a quick search, there would be loads more info out there.

you make and interesting point though, given Scotland has all those sectors/industry’s you names, why is the economy here performing poorly compared to elsewhere? 

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, Doogz said:

I agree to an extent - I see hard working dynamic people everyday here - but that isn't enough. I see similar people on my trips to London, Dublin, Krakow, Gdansk and Frankfurt. 

Few people will invest just out of loyalty - there need to be clear incentives, plans and infrastructure in place to give the investment enough chance to earn the investor money to make the risk worthwhile.

I agree it's not ( or shouldn't be about emotion) but it needs planned out as well as possible to give the best chance of success.

You said earlier there are no guarantees which is true - but I've just given 2 possible routes to Indy which mitigate the risk - isn't this a better way forward rather than another Brexit leap into the darkness?

The problem is that it's difficult for the independence movement to gain any traction as they have the whole state machine against them. They are obviously scared to lose Scotland's income and resources so we can't get a mature debate as it's all just shouted down. I think there are things in the background that you mention but as I've stated its difficult with the media propaganda and the immature way in which the UK operate.

My interpretation it's easier for England to sell itself as Britain or the UK but not so much on its own. I have travelled to every continent and many countries met many people and a lot of them know the difference between both nations. 

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/wales-economy-grow-quickly-gva-14061830

http://www.mcepublicrelations.com/northern-ireland-economy-forecast-grow-1-0-per-cent-2018/

i disnt say scotland was skint, I said, as has been widely reported, that its economy underperforms the rest of the UK.  In the article above NI has a higher growth forecast for 2018 than the figures released this week for Scotland.  And the article on wales albeit six months out of date shows how robust their economy is.  This was a quick search, there would be loads more info out there.

you make and interesting point though, given Scotland has all those sectors/industry’s you names, why is the economy here performing poorly compared to elsewhere? 

I don't read forecasts or any other economic prophecy of doom from anyone even the SNP Brighton J. I mean if anybody thinks that Wales or NI even England for most of it is more secure economically than Scotland then that's there prerogative. I don't agree with it. We won't know our true wealth until we are independent. We have UK assets worth billions that can be negotiated, compromised or invested. I choose to think differently. 

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

They are obviously scared to lose Scotland's income and resources so we can't get a mature debate as it's all just shouted down. 

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't read forecasts or any other economic prophecy of doom from anyone even the SNP ....

If you're not prepared to review the current economic figures, the best information we have available to try and predict our future then you won't have much to add to the "Mature Debate", other than just shouting it down as propaganda.

If the figures aren't accurate enough tgen surely it is incumbent on the SNP and the wider Indy movement to come up with better, more accurate figures. They've been in power up here long enough to attempt to find a better solution. 

20 minutes ago, Doogz said:

If you're not prepared to review the current economic figures, the best information we have available to try and predict our future then you won't have much to add to the "Mature Debate", other than just shouting it down as propaganda.

If the figures aren't accurate enough tgen surely it is incumbent on the SNP and the wider Indy movement to come up with better, more accurate figures. They've been in power up here long enough to attempt to find a better solution. 

Never ceases/seizes to amaze me why it's always demanded that the SNP must have everything to the letter and also predict the future, but the UK government doesn't, not a sausage. There's David Davies about to give NI dual UK/EU status. Us, we can shut it.

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Nah, no they're fault. They're happy to hand out free degrees to EU students though. What is that costing? How many billions since 07? Their council tax freeze bribe ran out of steam and The Free Degrees one is past due date. 

The free degrees were a poor man's sister sledge.

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Never ceases/seizes to amaze me why it's always demanded that the SNP must have everything to the letter and also predict the future, but the UK government doesn't, not a sausage. There's David Davies about to give NI dual UK/EU status. Us, we can shut it.

I'm not demanding anything - it was merely a suggestion as a best approach to deal with all the "negative propaganda" - You know the facts & figures. What better way to deal with this than your own, more accurate facts & figures? 

Just now, Doogz said:

I'm not demanding anything - it was merely a suggestion as a best approach to deal with all the "negative propaganda" - You know the facts & figures. What better way to deal with this than your own, more accurate facts & figures? 

I didn't mean you.

We actually don't know all the facts and figures, billions leaves our economy through rUK which doesn't register. How much does the UK earn through Scottish oil directly and indirectly which they would need to pay for?  There's measurements other than the economy that come with independence.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't mean you.

We actually don't know all the facts and figures, billions leaves our economy through rUK which doesn't register. How much does the UK earn through Scottish oil directly and indirectly which they would need to pay for?  There's measurements other than the economy that come with independence.

Yeah, so we have 3 options as I see it:

1. Use the figures we do have as they're currently the best predictor we have. Obviously, with estimated adjustments to account for "unknowns"

2. Come up with a better method for tracking Scotland's contributions.

3. Ignore all the data and just take a leap of faith. 

5 minutes ago, Doogz said:

Yeah, so we have 3 options as I see it:

1. Use the figures we do have as they're currently the best predictor we have. Obviously, with estimated adjustments to account for "unknowns"

2. Come up with a better method for tracking Scotland's contributions.

3. Ignore all the data and just take a leap of faith. 

No it's an educated !eap of faith. What do you think is gonnae happen if we go Indy, that we'll capsize. Nothing much will change immediately other than the election of our own government, with total economic power. Then we'll see what's needed from there. Trade deals that suit us.

Tell me, do u honesty think it suits WM to have a thriving Scotland inside the UK.

Edited by ri Alban

52 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No it's an educated !eap of faith. What do you think is gonnae happen if we go Indy, that we'll capsize. Nothing much will change immediately other than the election of our own government, with total economic power. Then we'll see what's needed from there. Trade deals that suit us.

Tell me, do u honesty think it suits WM to have a thriving Scotland inside the UK.

It's not an educated leap if you just dismiss the facts & figures.

I've covered in detail the impact to the fincial services industry. 

In more general terms I think Scotland under Indy would eventually get back to the same sort of economy we have now but it will take a long time - even longer if we rejoin the EU. 

Yes, I think a successful Scotland would suit WM.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Two points from me:

1 - you cannot seriously expect people to gamble their house prices, pensions, jobs etc on a leap of faith even an educated one.  Who would seriously do that??  I agree that longer term Scotland should  be fine but if that takes a decade what damage is done to People’s personal situation in that time.  Not nearly enough people share you view that they would gamble with their own and their families future, more clarity is essential.  

2- I mean this sincerely, you point that Westminster is to blame for Scotland’s current situation switches so many people off.  If you want to convert people from no to yes which you need to do to win another referendum that line isn’t going to work.  The SNP have been in power for years and although not too bad not very good results either.  To continually say they would do better if independent lacks any basis in fact or credibility.  If they were doing a great job then their case for being trusted with independence would be hugely strengthen, instead they seem happy to accept medicority and continue on the blame west minister at all costs strategy, which hasn’t, isn’t and won’t win them the independence argument.  

Roxy Hearts
5 hours ago, Doogz said:

It's incumbent on Westminster to open the books and let us see warts and all what Scotland's economy is like. Not forecasts as anyone can do that. I forecast there's more oil, whisky, gas, electricity, renewables but who sees the benefit? 

Thunderstruck
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's incumbent on Westminster to open the books and let us see warts and all what Scotland's economy is like. Not forecasts as anyone can do that. I forecast there's more oil, whisky, gas, electricity, renewables but who sees the benefit? 

Even the SNP’s own Commission uses GERS as a basis in showing what our economy is like. GERS is not a forecast. 

You mention electricity and renewables. The Scottish Government has ambition to develop other sources of renewable power but thus far has pretty much gone for wind (largely funded by English consumers).

Wind which, in case you hadn’t noticed, is not consistent.

The picture below is the generation position at 10:50 today. It might perk up later as convection gets a breeze going but now - a negligible contribution. 

What do we, in Scotland, do on windless days in a few years time when the Nuclear stations close? How do we power our economy on those (far from infrequent) days? One Gas station and low volume, short duration Hydro (how much rain have we seen in the past month)?

I am all for an open discussion on the pros and cons but some reality has to creep into the pro-indy camp. Hope is not a strategy. 

5255799C-B5EF-4737-8B0B-7F108BE3E29C.jpeg

5 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Two points from me:

1 - you cannot seriously expect people to gamble their house prices, pensions, jobs etc on a leap of faith even an educated one.  Who would seriously do that??  I agree that longer term Scotland should  be fine but if that takes a decade what damage is done to People’s personal situation in that time.  Not nearly enough people share you view that they would gamble with their own and their families future, more clarity is essential.  

2- I mean this sincerely, you point that Westminster is to blame for Scotland’s current situation switches so many people off.  If you want to convert people from no to yes which you need to do to win another referendum that line isn’t going to work.  The SNP have been in power for years and although not too bad not very good results either.  To continually say they would do better if independent lacks any basis in fact or credibility.  If they were doing a great job then their case for being trusted with independence would be hugely strengthen, instead they seem happy to accept medicority and continue on the blame west minister at all costs strategy, which hasn’t, isn’t and won’t win them the independence argument.  

1. Brexit

2. Brexit voting rules. No need to convert anybody.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

1. Brexit

You realise Brussels/Merkel don't have a generous Barnett type subsidy for Scotland? They're going to want paid, probably over a billion euros a year. And the border with England would need a customs barrier if we are in and they are out. That means businesses leave Scotland if most of their trade is south of the border. SNP moonbeams seldom bear much scrutiny.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

1. Brexit

There hasn’t been a single poll since Brexit that has independence ahead.  And although some no may vote yes a number of yes will now vote no.

if you are pinning your hopes on Brexit that just shows how weak the arguement is.  Nothing positive to persuade just hope people get hacked off and vote yes in protest. Really inspiring stuff 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You realise Brussels/Merkel don't have a generous Barnett type subsidy for Scotland? They're going to want paid, probably over a billion euros a year. And the border with England would need a customs barrier if we are in and they are out. That means businesses leave Scotland if most of their trade is south of the border. SNP moonbeams seldom bear much scrutiny.

I don't give a shite what the EU want and if England want a border, on you go, but we won't help pay or run it.

You obviously missed the point, brexiteers didn't need any guarantees, why do we.

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

There hasn’t been a single poll since Brexit that has independence ahead.  And although some no may vote yes a number of yes will now vote no.

if you are pinning your hopes on Brexit that just shows how weak the arguement is.  Nothing positive to persuade just hope people get hacked off and vote yes in protest. Really inspiring stuff 

1. See brexit.

2. Scots only voting will vote yes. The example is brexit, if EU citizens voted the over 2 m votes would've swung to remain. Now Theresa a precedent set and the UK government can't moan if its Scots only. Your favoured stats man had it 58% 42% Yes in 2014. That's plenty.

Brighton Jambo
4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't give a shite what the EU want and if England want a border, on you go, but we won't help pay or run it.

You obviously missed the point, brexiteers didn't need any guarantees, why do we.

Because in general the population of Scotland is more savvy than the average brexiteer voter as when given a vote on a change, they assessed it and said no thank you.  What makes you think this time would be any different?  We voted and said no, now make the positive case for what’s different now?  That’s what the SNP are struggling to do.  

Brighton Jambo

1. See brexit.

2. Scots only voting will vote yes. The example is brexit, if EU citizens voted the over 2 m votes would've swung to remain. Now Theresa a precedent set and the UK government can't moan if its Scots only. Your favoured stats man had it 58% 42% Yes in 2014. That's plenty.

Scots only?! You cannot seriously think that is ever going to happen.  Totally delusional and as usual absolutely designed to divide a country even further.  Also how do you define Scottish?  Nobody has  a Scottish passport only British passports?!?! 

Just accept Brexit was the final death knell for the SNP.  iScotland was precarious with England in the EU but now it's a busted flush - and the SNP know it!" They're reduced to carping on the sidelines. Sturgeon's hissy fits and her little jollies to see minor Brussels apparatchiks are not going to change a thing. She should do the decent thing and resign. Her parties agenda since  2007 has been a complete failure. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Because in general the population of Scotland is more savvy than the average brexiteer voter as when given a vote on a change, they assessed it and said no thank you.  What makes you think this time would be any different?  We voted and said no, now make the positive case for what’s different now?  That’s what the SNP are struggling to do.  

You're not listening are you. The reason for a no vote was 900000 foreigners. 200000 EU voters and 700000 RUK. Scots 2.7 m votes only would've seen independence. Take broken promises of devo Max, EU membership, ship building, pensions, Jacob Rees mogg, brexit and Donald Trump. Sorry but I think Scots will go for negotiating their own trade deals now. The UK has run its course.

Space Mackerel
18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

But but but but but but but but David Davies and Rees Mooog said we can have smert border like the RoI are getting!!!

:-D

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just accept Brexit was the final death knell for the SNP.  iScotland was precarious with England in the EU but now it's a busted flush - and the SNP know it!" They're reduced to carping on the sidelines. Sturgeon's hissy fits and her little jollies to see minor Brussels apparatchiks are not going to change a thing. She should do the decent thing and resign. Her parties agenda since  2007 has been a complete failure. 

:rofl: 

Brighton Jambo

You're not listening are you. The reason for a no vote was 900000 foreigners. 200000 EU voters and 700000 RUK. Scots 2.7 m votes only would've seen independence. Take broken promises of devo Max, EU membership, ship building, pensions, Jacob Rees mogg, brexit and Donald Trump. Sorry but I think Scots will go for negotiating their own trade deals now. The UK has run its course.

But  Nicola has said that an independent Scotland is joining the EU so you can’t negotiate any trade deals?  Perhaps you should listen more

Space Mackerel
8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Demented post of the Year! :jj_facepalm:

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

But  Nicola has said that an independent Scotland is joining the EU so you can’t negotiate any trade deals?  Perhaps you should listen more

Nicola has to win a general election and then a EUref in an i Scotland first. 

:rofl: 

Meanwhile the SNP's £1.7bn black hole is due to... tory Sterity and immigration cuts. LOL.  No enough Mohammeds and Jakubs coming in see. Wee Mhairi huz a plan but.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Scotland is doomed. 

:jj_facepalm:

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Demented post of the Year! :jj_facepalm:

Have you seen the polling, Mack? They ain't giving Space Cadet Sturgeon much hope for ref2.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Meanwhile the SNP's £1.7bn black hole is due to... tory Sterity and immigration cuts. LOL.  No enough Mohammeds and Jakubs coming in see. Wee Mhairi huz a plan but.

What a seriously fecked up opinion you have. Why does it matter if who comes to Scotland to work and build our economy. Funny how England became so powerful the more it grow in size. Is Scotland the land where every good idea turns to white when it lands here. Why if your are, here if it's so shite. Take the plunge go to England and become a real Brit or one that matters to WM.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Have you seen the polling, Mack? They ain't giving Space Cadet Sturgeon much hope for ref2.

Yep, its went from 45% to 48%

Just now, ri Alban said:

What a seriously fecked up opinion you have. Why does it matter if who comes to Scotland to work and build our economy. Funny how England became so powerful the more it grow in size. Is Scotland the land where every good idea turns to white when it lands here. Why if your are, here if it's so shite. Take the plunge go to England and become a real Brit or one that matters to WM.

I feel your pain. With acceptance comes peace. 

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Fail! I've seen polls with it as low as 30%. Mostly weedges and Dumdonians no doubt. The precarious proletariat. 

Space Mackerel
Just now, JackLadd said:

Fail! I've seen polls with it as low as 30%. Mostly weedges and Dumdonians no doubt. The precarious proletariat. 

Sure you have Jack, sure you have.....

:-D

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The Hootsmin!

"It was commissioned by the Scottish Independence Referendum Party (SIRP), a fringe organisation which wants a new vote on Scotland’s future. The party’s founder, Mark Whittet, stood in the Edinburgh West constituency at the 2017 general election but won just 132 votes.

"

Sample size etc and who carried it out please Jack?

Brighton Jambo
13 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

It may be academic what the polls say as TM could simply refuse to sanction a second referendum.  I hope not for democracies sake but she could well do.  

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It may be academic what the polls say as TM could simply refuse to sanction a second referendum.  I hope not for democracies sake but she could well do.  

That would just stoke up further resentment.

7 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

The Hootsmin!

"It was commissioned by the Scottish Independence Referendum Party (SIRP), a fringe organisation which wants a new vote on Scotland’s future. The party’s founder, Mark Whittet, stood in the Edinburgh West constituency at the 2017 general election but won just 132 votes.

"

Sample size etc and who carried it out please Jack?

All I said was I'd seen polls with ref2 at 30%, or close as, and I provided you one.  Nip doesn't want a ref2 because she knows it will mean her heid on a platter, but she has to act like she wants one. Silly Nip.