Even More SNP Nonsense

Stuart Lyon

You know they have the square root of nothing (still not a lot), when the "SLAB deid" gets trotted out.

Empty vessels, etc.

Yawn, traitors to Scotland.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's SLAB dropped to John? :)

Go on, give us all the latest :thumbsup:

15665408_350236752009634_133694020910517
At least they're willing to put it to a vote.

I'd rebuild Hadrian's wall for your treachery (exactly like the 300). Aye but WM is the beacon of the world.

The tories lost their shit over it, calling Scotland the most taxed country. Make up your mind.

As I have posted many times before. I would be happy to pay more tax to fund a social budget. Liberals and Labour would increase the top rates so I'm good with that. SNP have done nothing apart from greetin to get the powers to vary tax. Powers they have bottled.

No point in greetin to vary taxes then not varying them once you get the power.

Traitors to Scotland.

15590254_350411755325467_258658522006655

The Saviours of Scotland. They won't leave her in chains, cuffed by stockholmers/traitors. After Indy comes the retribution. Cannae fecking wait.

Space Mackerel

What's SLAB dropped to John? :)

Go on, give us all the latest :thumbsup:

15665408_350236752009634_133694020910517

Awww John, pulling crap memes of the Tory sites, bless his wee Red White n Blue cotton socks.

What's your SLAB percentage now? 15? [emoji2]

Thunderstruck

What's your SLAB percentage now? 15?

As I was saying earlier, you've got nothing. Nothing, that is, apart from a Tourette's-like urge to post the most inane drivel.

Space Mackerel

As I was saying earlier, you've got nothing. Nothing, that is, apart from a Tourette's-like urge to post the most inane drivel.

Still paying your Union dues and getting zero return I take it?

Whereas all you have is repetition and insults.

Thunderstruck

Whereas all you have is repetition and insults.

Repetition is necessary for the hard of thinking but it is looking increasing like a Sisyphean* task.

*to save you having to research, that means a laborious and futile.

Space Mackerel

Repetition is necessary for the hard of thinking but it is looking increasing like a Sisyphean* task.

*to save you having to research, that means a laborious and futile.

Repetition? Are we getting a 3rd thread tomorrow about the SNP? [emoji2]

Thunderstruck

Repetition? Are we getting a 3rd thread tomorrow about the SNP? [emoji2]

If we do, you will be all over it like a rash demonstrating that you are really, really good at [CTRL]+[C], [CTRL]+[V] and reminding us that the Mackerel is the easiest catch in the sea -they almost throw themselves into the boat.

Space Mackerel

If we do, you will be all over it like a rash demonstrating that you are really, really good at [CTRL]+[C], [CTRL]+[V] and reminding us that the Mackerel is the easiest catch in the sea -they almost throw themselves into the boat.

Not really? I'll just call it out for the shill stuff you lot post

Thunderstruck

Not really? I'll just call it out for the shill stuff you lot post

No day is not complete until we have seen your daily quota of insightful posts.

Space Mackerel

No day is not complete until we have seen your daily quota of insightful posts.

But me n ma pals served in Iraq and Afghan, what say you?

Space Mackerel

Probably because he couldn't find Tynie on the map to attend ;)

Never mind that shite, Russian diplomat gets smacked and now a truck wipes out a crowd in Germany? Must be linked a wee bit?

Space Mackerel

Is it National non sequitur day and nobody has told us?

Don't feel guilty about buying 5p poly bags

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never mind that shite, Russian diplomat gets smacked and now a truck wipes out a crowd in Germany? Must be linked a wee bit?

Wouldn't automatically think so. One appears premeditated and a targeted event. The other mindless violence.

jack D and coke

Doesn't Andy Murray support independence?

He certainly did.

Quite bizarre to use him as some sort of champion of the union.

Kinda expected from Thrasher though.

I have no issue with andy Murray's stance.  He is clearly not a 'chip on his sholder' Scot.  He voted "Yes" which he is of course perfectly right to do so and I fully respect his right to do so and his decision.  He also clearly does not have an issue with how things are just now as his passion to wear the Union colours are clear to see.  

Edited by i8hibsh

I have no issue with andy Murray's stance.  He is clearly not a 'chip on his sholder' Scot.  He voted "Yes" which he is of course perfectly right to do so and I fully respect his right to do so and his decision.  He also clearly does not have an issue with how things are just now as his passion to wear the Union colours are clear to see.  

You'd be surprised how many Yes voters are like this.

No, I know there are a fair few.  However, they are not the ones in your face everyday shouting how much more Scottish they are for voting "Yes".

Hahahaha.

Some of you will dislike this because of where it is posted, but it really does show the calibre of the opposition.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-eternal-opposition/?hash=3441c2d7-ab94-4bdd-8437-1a059ce54eb8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

A bit like when Tank Grrl started waxing lyrical about how poor a certain aspect of the NHS was, only to be told that what she was complaining about doesn't happen in Scotland. 

Strong-Opposition.jpg

"Vote for me.  I'll be the bestest second best ever!"

What are the alternatives?

The Tories?  No thanks.

Labour? Really?

Lib Dems?  See above.

Greens?  Probably not.

Unfortunately it would seem that Scottish Politics is in the doldrums.

Thats exactly the problem.  There is only a single issue in Scotland which dominates the agenda.   Its independence.  Nothing else comes close.  Running Scotland is irrelevant to the SNP.

The dafties who think that SNP winning seats in elections is the same as winning independence don't understand that the more seats the SNP win, the less chance there is of Indy as more and more voters are happy to see the SNP as representing Scotland in Westminster which is the best situation for Scotland to be in.

Voting SNP in GEs is not the same as voting for indy, in fact it works against it.  But the dafties don't recognise this.

Hahahaha.

Some of you will dislike this because of where it is posted, but it really does show the calibre of the opposition.

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-eternal-opposition/?hash=3441c2d7-ab94-4bdd-8437-1a059ce54eb8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

A bit like when Tank Grrl started waxing lyrical about how poor a certain aspect of the NHS was, only to be told that what she was complaining about doesn't happen in Scotland. 

Strong-Opposition.jpg

"Vote for me.  I'll be the bestest second best ever!"

Oh dear that's a tad bit embarrassing, bet he does a bit of research next time.

Trapper John McIntyre

He didn't have a vote.

Trapper John McIntyre

Yes voters are getting fewer regardless of how like this you think they are.

Trapper John McIntyre

The failing SNP has a nerve producing this ludicrous plan to stay in the EU single market

In defiance of an awkward reality, the SNP now proposes to put at risk free trade and open borders with Scotland's biggest market

BY IAIN MARTIN  /  20 DECEMBER 2016

nicola-sturgeon-2500x1667.jpg

Mark Runnacles/Getty Images

Prepare for several days of pious posturing by the SNP leadership about its plan to keep Scotland in the EU Single Market when the UK leaves the European Union. Apparently it will be a ?devastating? disaster if Scotland leaves the EU Single Market, we are told by the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon. Yet even the Scottish government?s own statistics make it clear that the Rest of the UK, primarily England, is by far Scotland?s biggest export market. The latest statistics, for 2014, show the following:

Scottish exports to the EU total ?11.6bn

Scottish exports to the rest of the world total ?15.2bn

And Scottish exports to the rest of the UK total ?48.5bn ? that?s 64% of the total.

In defiance of an awkward reality, and in line with the long Scottish political tradition of over-emphasising links with the rest of Europe and disregarding next door neighbour England, the SNP now proposes to put at risk free trade and open borders with Scotland?s biggest market, England, all to make the UK government look intransigent (for which read in touch with reality) and to agitate for another shot at Scottish independence.

If the UK leaves the EU single market then the SNP wants Scotland to stay inside that single market. That would require a ?hard border? with customs checks, say the Tories. The citing of the Irish open border by Nationalists as a proposed parallel arrangement is shameful. The arrangements there exist because of a legacy of violence and ethnic warfare. Scotland?s problem ? these days ? is economic. It cannot expect to maintain free movement of people within the EU single market and then expect England, that outside London is determined to control immigration, to leave the northern border wide open. It is a policy that has no hope of getting past post-Brexit English public opinion.

Even members of the SNP?s expert panel ? which it spent the summer hailing as almost divine in its wisdom ? have declared Sturgeon?s paper, unveiled today, in effect a non-starter. As the pro-EU Charles Grant, director of the Centre for European Reform, told the Daily Telegraph:

?Legally, politically, technically, it?s extremely difficult for Scotland to stay in the single market if the UK as a whole does not, the basic point being that there would have to be one set of business regulations applying to England and another set applying to Scotland. So that would require the devolution of all business regulation matters to Scotland, which clearly isn?t going to be on the cards in the foreseeable future.?

Then there is the problem of objections from other EU states who do not want Scotland to have a different deal from the rest of the UK, because it may encourage secessionist movements in their own countries.

?Certainly that would be the view of the Spanish government,? said Grant. ?They would be very unwilling to see Scotland getting some sort of sweetheart deal whereby somehow it could continue to enjoy the benefits of membership while outside the EU. Mrs May would have to push for it and argue for it to give Scotland some special deal vis-?-vis the EU, and I?m not sure why she would think it was in her interests for this to happen.?

Of course, Alex Salmond, former ?SNP leader, thinks all this hoo-hah is a trigger for another independence referendum which will definitely be won this time, oh yes. But Alex thinks everything is a trigger for another referendum, even the new album by Michael Buble. He is obsessed, seeing everything through the prism of Scottish independence. Salmond, not Buble, I mean.

That is no reason the rest of us should take him and the SNP at their own estimation. After all, the SNP has had a bad year and needs to create a diversion. It continues to dominate in the polls (is it putting drugs in the water supply?) but it is also on the rack in the Scottish parliament and the media because of its miserable failure in Scottish education. The health service in Scotland is doing badly. The trains don?t work. And the Scottish budget fell apart even quicker than George Osborne?s infamous effort to tax the Cornish pasty a few years back. The Edinburgh administration is struggling to use the powers it has, yet now, of course, it wants more to match its demand for EU single market membership.

This is the SNP tactic down ages. The party has one aim ? independence ? meaning that the curse of Scottish politics has long been a constitutional obsession. It is easier, and more fun for obsessives, than putting in the hard work and hard thinking about improving education, health and the economy.

The UK government ?must, of course, for the sake of form and politeness pretend to take the SNP proposal seriously. But it will see this wheeze for what it is. With the mess it is making of governing Scotland it has a nerve.

AlphonseCapone

Very measured and considered paper from the SG today. Plenty of compromise. Hopefully Cruella De vil is willing to also compromise.

Trapper John McIntyre

Very measured and considered paper from the SG today. Plenty of compromise. Hopefully Cruella De vil is willing to also compromise.

Carefully scrutinised by the PM and then chucked in the bin where it belongs.

Thats exactly the problem. There is only a single issue in Scotland which dominates the agenda. Its independence. Nothing else comes close. Running Scotland is irrelevant to the SNP.

The dafties who think that SNP winning seats in elections is the same as winning independence don't understand that the more seats the SNP win, the less chance there is of Indy as more and more voters are happy to see the SNP as representing Scotland in Westminster which is the best situation for Scotland to be in.

Voting SNP in GEs is not the same as voting for indy, in fact it works against it. But the dafties don't recognise this.

Brexit and the UK government?

Carefully scrutinised by the PM and then chucked in the bin where it belongs.

Why? Sovereignty belongs to the Scottish people and they voted remain, no matter what pish the UK Muppets think.

Found anyone to read it to you yet?

I don't think one solitary no voter on here, has ever been truthful on why they're so against Scottish independence. We were an independent kingdom for centuries with its own parliament 1235 to 1707? We were sold to England by the money men because they went bankrupt,not the actual country or people.(Scotland had no debt going onto the union) These people(Monarchists) caused riots that lasted over for over half a century. Scotland has plenty of talent, assets and natural resource to do just fine running its own affairs by a government, elected by and only by its people.

So, my unionist friends, what's the real reason for the red, white and blue?