Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Mackerel

• deesidejambo

• Pans Jambo

• JamboX2

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Space Mackerel

Some of these latest posts are on a par with Mulders copy and paste efforts about aliens

But the transport meenister got caught driving with no insurance drinking a bottle of water that was sourced from an English spring!

Are Westminster not in overall control of Network Rail?

You do know how the railways are structured? Scottish Government only award the contract to the private company running the, well, running stock. All transport policies implemented by Westminster though.

I'm going to give you an i8 sexist analogy here:

It's like a woman coming home from a Tupperware party after spending 10 quid. Husband comes back from an all day sesh at pub and bookies and spent ?400. He then proceeds to leather the shite out of her. :)

Correct on Network Rail. But overall rail policy is down to Scotland's government. They hold the hand over the contract and can penalise the operating company. Equally, they gave the tender to the current operator. So they actually have a lot of control here.

Space Mackerel

Correct on Network Rail. But overall rail policy is down to Scotland's government. They hold the hand over the contract and can penalise the operating company. Equally, they gave the tender to the current operator. So they actually have a lot of control here.

Is this the first time in history that a supplier might not fulfilled the contract?

Have you ever priced a measured term contract for any public body?

Space Mackerel

For someone who ridicules the msm, that's a hell of a lot of links to the msm

Let's Google Jimmy Saville then another great UK institution who worked for that other GB institution, the BBC.

Is there a pattern forming here?

Edited by Space Mackerel

Space Mackerel

Ffs please stop these posts space cake. Is anyone actually reading them?

Dead pigs heid gammy please at the next Tory conference :)

Or just cover it up, ken.

Thunderstruck

Are Westminster not in overall control of Network Rail?

You do know how the railways are structured? Scottish Government only award the contract to the private company running the, well, running stock. All transport policies implemented by Westminster though.

Aged and insufficient volumes of rolling stock are not Network Rail's problem but, since you have highlighted that Organisation, perhaps you could devote some of your browsing time to give us a comparison of rail infrastructure spending in Scotland and compare that with the rest of the U.K.

Space Mackerel

Aged and insufficient volumes of rolling stock are not Network Rail's problem but, since you have highlighted that Organisation, perhaps you could devote some of your browsing time to give us a comparison of rail infrastructure spending in Scotland and compare that with the rest of the U.K.

Not really, I only get the train for the odd Hearts game away. I'm more interested in the road network.

Hamzan and the SNP have done more in 10 years to upgrade the motorway network than Michael Forsyth and the Labour Party have done in 60 years.

And I think I can say that for most motorists.

Thunderstruck

Not really, I only get the train for the odd Hearts game away. I'm more interested in the road network.

Hamzan and the SNP have done more in 10 years to upgrade the motorway network than Michael Forsyth and the Labour Party have done in 60 years.

And I think I can say that for most motorists.

Do you mean the 60 years that brought us the M8, M9, M74, M77, M80 and M90? The Sixty years that brought us the A9, A737, and virtually ever dual-carriageway in Scotland. Let's not forget bridges like Forth, Erskine, Kessock and Skye. A tunnel under the Clyde.

If roads are you concern, you can maybe explain why large parts of it look like the wrong end of an artillery range. If it's easier, confine yourself to the trunk network which is a Scottish Government responsibility.

You really should go and look at the rail expenditure but you won't as it doesn't chime with your agenda.

Space Mackerel

Do you mean the 60 years that brought us the M8, M9, M74, M77, M80 and M90? The Sixty years that brought us the A9, A737, and virtually ever dual-carriageway in Scotland. Let's not forget bridges like Forth, Erskine, Kessock and Skye. A tunnel under the Clyde.

If roads are you concern, you can maybe explain why large parts of it look like the wrong end of an artillery range. If it's easier, confine yourself to the trunk network which is a Scottish Government responsibility.

You really should go and look at the rail expenditure but you won't as it doesn't chime with your agenda.

You missed out the M73 :/

Space Mackerel

And the M74 is actually a dual road with the A74, it changes at the Fenwick junction.

And the M74 is actually a dual road with the A74, it changes at the Fenwick junction.

Fenwick is M77.

M74 stays as motorway all the way to the border before it changes to M6.

It's a minor offence and probably a "six-pointer". It's also a useful wee diversion at a time when there is bad news on Education and Health along with his own transport portfolio.

He has also wasted no time in making mention of the following

Preparing the ground for a victimisation claim no doubt.

If he was doing nothing wrong, why was he stopped and asked to provide details by Police?

Gonna gies a blast pal

Running a business and looking after international investments while staying up to 3 in the morning fighting the cause.

What a top boy .

Seymour M Hersh

And yet the A1 is still a shambles. SNP seem to be doing a lot in and around Glasgow and also up the A9 but from Edinburgh south there appears no plans for upgrading.

She might lose votes within the Muslim community, because the Ahmadiyya Mosque and community she visited yesterday is reviled and persecuted by many fellow Muslims as being a heretical sect within Islam.

Many Muslim's will be a tad bit upset that Nicola Sturgeon has showed support for what many Muslim's see as blasphemers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38196904

"The launch of their 'True Islam' campaign is an important educational tool to increase awareness and understanding of the religion. By doing so, it will help combat the fears and prejudices that foster hatred."

The above sentence, well IMO will go down like a lead brick with many Muslim's. Naive in the extreme.

They are the good guys. They renounce (the founding doctrine) Jihad. If they were 94% of the religion and not 0.04 we wouldn't have a world where the religion in its current 7th cent revivalist form is ripping apart countries. The mainstream are the ones that need to ask themselves why they have a problem with a sect committed to peace.

Having said that, I struggle to sympathise with any non believing female politician playing nice for a photo op when they have clearly not thought thru the symbolism of what they wear.

http://quillette.com/2016/12/07/the-hijab-and-the-regressive-lefts-absurd-campaign-to-betray-freethinking-women/

Edited by elvoys

Space Mackerel

Racist.

Nah, just not in the slightest bit funny.

Shall I Google more Tory sex scandals? I wonder what the panty count would be if we added them all up?

Seymour M Hersh

So a round-a-bout getting work on it is your answer? Meanwhile the main route into England from the East of Scotland remains shambolic but hey, Sheriffhall round-a-bout will be (to quote kranky) fandabbydozi! 

AlphonseCapone

Racist.

LOLZ. That's a good one because you just accused him of being a -ist like a mad lefty liberal would do. Bantz.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Space Mackerel

So a round-a-bout getting work on it is your answer? Meanwhile the main route into England from the East of Scotland remains shambolic but hey, Sheriffhall round-a-bout will be (to quote kranky) fandabbydozi!

You clearly haven't passed much further than the Border if you think it's shambolic up here.

What an odd statement.

jambos are go!

Let me make a non partisan point. For the last 50 years, including time in the Scottish Government and its succesors I have been aware of speculation that West of Scotland needs and interests will prevent a major road like a motorway or the like being built from Edinburgh to join up directly with the major road network south of the border. I hve also heard the counter argument that the volume of traffic does

Not warrant it. Make up your own minds I'm only saying.

AlphonseCapone

Let me make a non partisan point. For the last 50 years, including time in the Scottish Government and its succesors I have been aware of speculation that West of Scotland needs and interests will prevent a major road like a motorway or the like being built from Edinburgh to join up directly with the major road network south of the border. I hve also heard the counter argument that the volume of traffic does

What has the West of Scotland needs got to do with a road from Edinburgh to the south?

Seymour M Hersh

What has the West of Scotland needs got to do with a road from Edinburgh to the south?

Allocation of funds and where most of their support might be located would be my guess.

Seymour M Hersh

You clearly haven't passed much further than the Border if you think it's shambolic up here.

What an odd statement.

What's odd is you. The A1 from Edinburgh (Scotland's Capital City) to the English border is a shambles. It should have become a motorway years ago if you don't see that then I can't help you.

AlphonseCapone

Allocation of funds and where most of their support might be located would be my guess.

Whose support? He said the last 50 years.

Space Mackerel

What's odd is you. The A1 from Edinburgh (Scotland's Capital City) to the English border is a shambles. It should have become a motorway years ago if you don't see that then I can't help you.

Whit? It's duelled past Dunbar and you can easily knock along at 50-60 mph to England on the single sections. There's numerous crawler lanes too. Edited by Space Mackerel

Thunderstruck

50% of Scotland's population is in West Central Scotland.

I heard the excuse was "you got the better railway, they get the mororway".

Arguably, the roads in the west link to roads between Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc. However, for completeness expanding the M1 north makes a lot of sense.

Thunderstruck

So?

More people = greater need for transportation, schools, hospitals, etc. Governments need to prioritise spending and did you not say that was where most of the voters were to be found.

That is why Greater Glasgow gets a large proportion of public spending. A motorway between Aberdeen and Inverness might be nice to have but it would have no economic justification if it meant Glasgow to Port Glasgow had an "A" Road.

It's the same reason that London and the SE hoovers up a lot of English expenditure.

Francis Albert

Whit? It's duelled past Dunbar and you can easily knock along at 50-60 mph to England on the single sections. There's numerous crawler lanes too.

There are no centres of population as large as Edinburgh and Newcastle in the UK (and I doubt many if any in Western Europe) that have such poor road links.

The next worst example in the UK of two major centres of population with inadequate road links is probably Edinburgh and Glasgow.