16 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Hearts of Midlothian...

It's a new site, updating it now 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

It's a new site, updating it now 🤦‍♂️

Bloody social media and tech savvy hipsters 😉😂😂😂

Just now, davemclaren said:

There you go. Still seems wrong to me. 😎

Ach us old people like us , prob would just remember forevermore rather than the more modern evermore thats all 😂

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

There you go. Still seems wrong to me. 😎

Tell that to Dan Stevens 

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Evermore isn’t a word. 😨

That was my first reaction too Dave but like you I was wrong. It's seemingly an adverb. So there!

I'll probably be crucified for this but to be brutally honest, whilst the messages are OK I'm not keen on the way the type faces have been used. To my mind they're straight from the Beano or Dandy and as such are just a bit too "unserious". Now there's a non word for you - I think.😉 

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Tell that to Dan Stevens 

Oh well, I’ll make sure that I nevermore make that mistake, evermore. 

The Treasurer
On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:32, kila said:

Talented painters, it really looks great

There is a lot of Tynecastle left to paint, hope the club keep this going

Paint the inside gable ends next please :D

Have to agree.

I know the focus has (rightly) been on the main stand, but there are a lot of areas in the other 3 stands that could do with a bit of attention

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Oh well, I’ll make sure that I nevermore make that mistake, evermore. 

HavetosayIgoogleditbecauseIthoughtyouwerecorrect

LarrysRightFoot

This could be a Peebles moment but the article says the gable end isn’t going ahead. Is this correct? Do we know why?

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More here

Good read.

Really hope the painting continues, because it is clear it is Jambos behind capturing the right stuff and their whole team sound a talent in how they've put it together.

Gable ends next, come on Hearts :D

tyne2.jpg.b059f5a7078846cb954f46e4f9554c59.jpg

I'm thinking of taking a table in the Skyline Lounge for the fireworks at the end of the Festival.

Don't want to do it until I'm sure you can see the castle, anyone been up there? What's the view like?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

I'm thinking of taking a table in the Skyline Lounge for the fireworks at the end of the Festival.

Don't want to do it until I'm sure you can see the castle, anyone been up there? What's the view like?

How tall are you? 

You can see the castle from the right side of the balcony/lounge can you not? Just not from the middle or left.

Is there not a viewing bit on the roof of the sky lounge or did that not happen yet? Be able to see it all perfectly from there.

davemclaren
Just now, kila said:

You can see the castle from the right side of the balcony/lounge can you not? Just not from the middle or left.

Is there not a viewing bit on the roof of the sky lounge or did that not happen yet? Be able to see it all perfectly from there.

They let you climb on Uche’s back.  Great view!!

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Seriously though, ask to go and get a preview look. I reckon you will see the fireworks ok. 

I'll maybe do that Dave, got to pick up East Fife tickets tomorrow so I'll see if I can speak with someone.

Don't want to take people there and end up looking at Tynie High:laugh:

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

This could be a Peebles moment but the article says the gable end isn’t going ahead. Is this correct? Do we know why?

I'm sure someone posted ages ago that the mural idea was ditched because some of the owners of the flats within the tenement wouldn't give their consent. I've no idea if that was actually true or not, but it seems entirely plausible! If so, it would be a shame, but I can kind of understand why some might have been worried about potential costs and/or hassle in the future around maintenance/upkeep of it (particularly if there was any vandalism of it), and potential impact on property values. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I'll maybe do that Dave, got to pick up East Fife tickets tomorrow so I'll see if I can speak with someone.

Don't want to take people there and end up looking at Tynie High:laugh:

Used to be a cracking view from the Wheatfield. 

I’d phone and ask first so they have someone prepared. 

3335C688-ACFE-4EAC-8BB8-1D2318A50A78.jpeg

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm sure someone posted ages ago that the mural idea was ditched because some of the owners of the flats within the tenement wouldn't give their consent. I've no idea if that was actually true or not, but it seems entirely plausible! If so, it would be a shame, but I can kind of understand why some might have been worried about potential costs and/or hassle in the future around maintenance/upkeep of it (particularly if there was any vandalism of it), and potential impact on property values. 

Thanks, if that’s the case it’s a shame but understandable to a point.

Scnorthedinburgh
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You are correct there. They were worried the fixing would cause damage.

The mural wasn't painted onto the wall, it was onto some sort of mounted system.

On 18/07/2019 at 10:58, farin said:

People can now see the dressing rooms & tunnel on the tour, the sign writers did a great job. Amazing what a coat of paint can do to concrete. 😄👍🏻

7E0FD0BC-82AF-487D-91B7-82645B13E4F8.thumb.jpeg.0fdb1c21db525bc2381725d21abe4089.jpeg

1ACA96DB-0AA3-4FA1-A694-A0C1BBB5BE58.thumb.jpeg.b2f73f54257d60e4161de843a44c5286.jpeg

55B2B489-EDD3-451B-9E88-638A6478AD42.thumb.jpeg.ed26cc7c8508f45ee0d949440400cae6.jpeg

Where’s Blackie?

42 minutes ago, farin said:

Keep to the far rhs of the lounge as you look towards the school & you’ll be fine. The best view is actually from the roof of the lounge but that’s inaccessible to the public sadly. 

Cheers Farin

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don't think anything has been said officially but there was something about could cause damage to building (?). 

been here before
On 18/07/2019 at 09:58, farin said:

1ACA96DB-0AA3-4FA1-A694-A0C1BBB5BE58.thumb.jpeg.b2f73f54257d60e4161de843a44c5286.jpeg

Maroon bra straps.

Classy gal. 🤘

59 minutes ago, been here before said:

Maroon bra straps.

Classy gal. 🤘

She's got the best support.

Malcolm Tucker

The main thing for us, as you’ll see in the article, was getting it right for the fans. Really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and feedback, both positive and negative!

Also, our website has now been updated so it contains nothing but the correct spelling of ‘Heart of Midlothian’, so my headaches have definitely subsided since this afternoon 😂

If we were to get a wider brief for more painting, both in the main stand and elsewhere, what would everyone like to see?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Don't think anything has been said officially but there was something about could cause damage to building (?). 

Painting it?

Portable Badger
23 minutes ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

The main thing for us, as you’ll see in the article, was getting it right for the fans. Really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and feedback, both positive and negative!

Also, our website has now been updated so it contains nothing but the correct spelling of ‘Heart of Midlothian’, so my headaches have definitely subsided since this afternoon 😂

If we were to get a wider brief for more painting, both in the main stand and elsewhere, what would everyone like to see?

No murals

Linear Art Deco colour schemes

Portable Badger
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

And two cups

Despite the maroon bra she's obviously a Hibee - she says she knows nothing about football and she's only got two cups !!:thumb:

36 minutes ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

Your colleague said that the 98 Cup winning top wouldn’t work, because it was plain with maroon trimmings. Could you not have a white wall with a slightly glossier white imprint like the top itself had.

The old western style sign from the Gorgie Road entrance.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

Is Black’s I’ll paint this place maroon anywhere? 

Some more quotes about Tynecastle, such as (if they aren’t up already) - 

"For as long as I can remember, all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And play for Scotland, I had no ambition for anything else. Always Hearts."

Dave Mackay

“I have refereed at the Maracana, the San Siro and the Nou Camp and although I have been impressed by their grandeur, they don?t hold a candle to the refereeing at Tynecastle in terms of atmosphere.” Hugh Dallas