New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Allowayjambo1874
5 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

The main thing for us, as you’ll see in the article, was getting it right for the fans. Really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and feedback, both positive and negative!

Also, our website has now been updated so it contains nothing but the correct spelling of ‘Heart of Midlothian’, so my headaches have definitely subsided since this afternoon 😂

If we were to get a wider brief for more painting, both in the main stand and elsewhere, what would everyone like to see?

There are some on here https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/149286-what-is-your-favourite-hearts-related-quote/page/2/

siegementality
8 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

The main thing for us, as you’ll see in the article, was getting it right for the fans. Really appreciate everyone’s thoughts and feedback, both positive and negative!

Also, our website has now been updated so it contains nothing but the correct spelling of ‘Heart of Midlothian’, so my headaches have definitely subsided since this afternoon 😂

If we were to get a wider brief for more painting, both in the main stand and elsewhere, what would everyone like to see?

I’d like to see some reference to the Terrible Trio in the main stand. They were the greatest forward line to play in front of the old stand, only right the should be remembered in the new one.

LarrysRightFoot
9 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

A huge ceiling to to floor full wall mural of Rudi in his wig standing on the podium with the Scottish Cup.

42 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

A huge ceiling to to floor full wall mural of Rudi in his wig standing on the podium with the Scottish Cup.

With the tache in the background with a face like a skelpped arse.😄😂😂

jimmy the jambo
9 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

Personally I’d like to see a nod to anyone who’s been inducted to the hall of fame and some notable legends. 

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Seriously though, ask to go and get a preview look. I reckon you will see the fireworks ok. 

Just had a flash back to a Billy Connolly sketch where he was talking about a commentator on the radio describing a fire on bonfire night..........

that could work no?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
4 hours ago, siegementality said:

I’d like to see some reference to the Terrible Trio in the main stand. They were the greatest forward line to play in front of the old stand, only right the should be remembered in the new one.

Top suggestion.

There's bound to be a team photo with the three of them sitting, arms folded, that could be used as a template, and maybe have the great Tommy Walker standing beside or behind them, looking proudly at his three jewels.

John Findlay
11 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Is Black’s I’ll paint this place maroon anywhere? 

Some more quotes about Tynecastle, such as (if they aren’t up already) - 

"For as long as I can remember, all I wanted in my life, nothing else, was to play for Hearts, which is my dream team. And play for Scotland, I had no ambition for anything else. Always Hearts."

Dave Mackay

“I have refereed at the Maracana, the San Siro and the Nou Camp and although I have been impressed by their grandeur, they don?t hold a candle to the refereeing at Tynecastle in terms of atmosphere.” Hugh Dallas   

The Dave Mackay one is on the wall on the upper floor of the training academy at the Oriam.

durhamhearts
9 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Top suggestion.

There's bound to be a team photo with the three of them sitting, arms folded, that could be used as a template, and maybe have the great Tommy Walker standing beside or behind them, looking proudly at his three jewels.

039FB495-33BA-4901-97A8-1123DFDB921F.jpeg

1 minute ago, farin said:

Something along this line would be nice. 

19690371-7786-4655-BA7A-3B98756018E2.jpeg.0f97830fe301105dc65198f49c23f702.jpeg

Absolutely tremendous.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just had a flash back to a Billy Connolly sketch where he was talking about a commentator on the radio describing a fire on bonfire night..........

that could work no?

😂

davemclaren
52 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

I'd have a wall with the name of everyone contributing to FOH...with space for new members.

A green line through the name if they stop?  😄

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, farin said:

Wow. That, if they could copy it exactly, would be truly wonderful either in the stadium or as the mural.

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, Malcolm Tucker said:

Just paint a big FTH on the inside of each gable end wall on each stand!

4 hours ago, farin said:

Got that for my Dad some years ago. Proudly framed up on his room wall 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Alfieri Conn and I got plastered together in Chalmers Hospital approx 55 years ago.😂.

Please spill the beans Doug.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Alfieri Conn and I got plastered together in Chalmers Hospital approx 55 years ago.😂.

His Italian cousin? 😎

13 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I worshipped Rudi.....but that wig was a bit cringy. 🙈

My old mum went out with Alfie Conn on a date. He took her to the cheap seats in the Pans picture house and she bumped him!

Anyone get a photo of the quote about always never losing friendlies or closed door training matches?

132goals1958
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My old mum went out with Alfie Conn on a date. He took her to the cheap seats in the Pans picture house and she bumped him!

Aptly named as the Scratcher. What a place that was. There was a big queue for an X rated film Room at the top I think around the late 50,s By today,s standards it was a lot milder than what you now see in the soaps. For the record I never got in.

Admission Free – Pay at the door

Cushion seats sit on the floor

I recall my mum and granny going there on a Tuesday night 

11 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Aptly named as the Scratcher. What a place that was. There was a big queue for an X rated film Room at the top I think around the late 50,s By today,s standards it was a lot milder than what you now see in the soaps. For the record I never got in.

Admission Free – Pay at the door

Cushion seats sit on the floor

I recall my mum and granny going there on a Tuesday night 

Take it you were brought up in the Pans?

132goals1958
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Take it you were brought up in the Pans?

Proud to say so.

Dagger Is Back
9 hours ago, farin said:

That is beautiful. Before my time but what a trio

2 hours ago, obua said:

Please spill the beans Doug.

As JTF Robertson would confirm, I was a star pupil and sporting superstar at Darroch Academy.  One day in the gym I I made a total bollocks of the vaulting horse and put out my left arm to avoid landing on my heid.  Was taken to Chalmers by a teacher to learn that my wrist was broken.

Alfie was there with a common leg injury the name of which I can't recall but he told me it was an 8 week recovery.

We only chatted for 5 minutes or so before he was called in for his plastering procedure.  I waited for around 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

They let you drink in hospital?

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, farin said:

Me too, but to my auld man’s generation they were hero worshipped & rightly so. We have a fantastic history to be proud of & it’s important to remember & cherish it for future generations etc. Not just the modern day greats but the ones who went before them laying the foundations I feel. 

I’d love a timeline style mural recounting our history & past events kind of a storyline theme along a whole concourse wall etc. 😊 

👍

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He should have taken her to the ‘Cuds’ in Tranent, much more upmarket!!

As JTF Robertson would confirm, I was a star pupil and sporting superstar at Darroch Academy.  One day in the gym I I made a total bollocks of the vaulting horse and put out my left arm to avoid landing on my heid.  Was taken to Chalmers by a teacher to learn that my wrist was broken.

Alfie was there with a common leg injury the name of which I can't recall but he told me it was an 8 week recovery.

We only chatted for 5 minutes or so before he was called in for his plastering procedure.  I waited for around 2 hours.

Just realised that is wrong.  Alfie's playing days were long gone by 1963.  The actual time was around 7 years earlier when I broke the same wrist after falling off my guider.

Bet there's a few on here who don't know what a guider is.  They were great.

Montgomery Brewster
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just realised that is wrong.  Alfie's playing days were long gone by 1963.  The actual time was around 7 years earlier when I broke the same wrist after falling off my guider.

Bet there's a few on here who don't know what a guider is.  They were great.

Yes guiders were Barrie. 

My old  man went to Darroch. What years did you attend ?

3 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Yes guiders were Barrie. 

My old  man went to Darroch. What years did you attend ?

1963/64. My best year at school.  Class full of Jambos.  Really great guys.  Great teachers.  I even passed a few exams!!.

What's the old man's name?  Hope he enjoyed it as much as I did.

132goals1958
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Maybe as it was known as the Winton cinema it perhaps promoted a perception of superiority. If you looked to broaden your horizons in terms of Scottish contemporary values however the Pans won hands down. 😊

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like part of Rob Hawthorne's commentary from the 98 final after we went 2 up.

"And Hearts now, send their supporters into raptures..."

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd like part of Rob Hawthorne's commentary from the 98 final after we went 2 up.

"And Hearts now, send their supporters into raptures..."

What channel was that on? I was at the game but the only one I’ve heard is” Amoruso let’s it run...”

It may be there already but there should definitely be something about 98. For any Hearts fans aged between about 40 and 70, only a league win will top it. A painting of Robbo with the cup and hand on heart would get my vote. 

J.T.F.Robertson
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I see from farther down the thread you were only there the one year, '64 was my final one so you must be a whippersnapper in comparison.

The vast majority of my mates there were Tynie inclined.

Darroch also, for pretty much the first time in their puff, had a good football team, which put a limit on the number of yours truly's appearances. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, Zico said:

What channel was that on? I was at the game but the only one I’ve heard is” Amoruso let’s it run...”

It may be there already but there should definitely be something about 98. For any Hearts fans aged between about 40 and 70, only a league win will top it. A painting of Robbo with the cup and hand on heart would get my vote. 

It's the Sky commentary as it pans to the crowd after the goal.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What? Up with the Belters????

2 hours ago, Zico said:

👍👍👍👍👍

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

1963/64. My best year at school.  Class full of Jambos.  Really great guys.  Great teachers.  I even passed a few exams!!.

What's the old man's name?  Hope he enjoyed it as much as I did.

Willie Cook and some mates you might know Kenny Dawson , Malc Strachan