New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hearts have an architect with substantial knowledge. Architect plus Project Manager is pretty normal way to run projects.

All sounds okay.

Yip, it's not rocket science. Schedule and report. There will be delays somewhere along the line, how you manage that is of course key but with the right people it should be easily done.

Didn't take long for another thread to turn into a bunfight. [emoji849]

Thats what happens once certain posters appear . Gives me the colly wobbles it does. 

Aye, ok. You've probably never wired more than a plug in yer puff tae.

I guarantee I've personally wired more plugs than you've built main stands.

kingantti1874

Didn't take long for another thread to turn into a bunfight. [emoji849]

Beat me to it.. this thread should be used to track the completion of the stand.. instead it's decended into the usual JKB farce..

Governor Tarkin

I can't wait to see Tynecastle completed; four steep stands towering over the pitch. It will look fantastic, our spiritual home, snuggled deep in the heart of our community, our streets, our pubs and our transport, a modern stadium surrounded by oldie-worldie tenements, unlike those soulless retail park stadia on the edge of nowhere with only Homebase and Frankie and Bennys to keep them company.

From the plans, ours seems like two buildings. One, the stand itself, taking us up to 20,000, the other part at the front, a modern steel and glass block giving us all the space and facilities we require.

A new stand, a bigger stand, a safe stand, a smarter stand, bigger capacity, higher attendances, proper facilities and money-spinning corporate and banqueting suites.

Add to that, the world-class facilities at Riccarton and the 'sell' to players of working and living in Edinburgh, we really will have everything we need.

:greatpost:

Beat me to it.. this thread should be used to track the completion of the stand.. instead it's decended into the usual JKB farce..

Come on bud, if someone is clearly at it on a thread surely people are goin to respond? Unless we put certain punters on a collective ignore then it's always gonny happen.

Anyway, I'm delighted progression is underway :-)

This thread has been okay. Got the sad acts on ignore. But even when quoted they have little to say.

Negative people can bring you down and I support going after them but this is still a very positive story.

If folk just ignored the poster in question it wouldn't get taken off track and he would soon disappear.

100%.

And if I can just add, in the interests of fairness, that I've no clue what Mars plastic does for a living but I'm sure he's very competent at it. I'm just sure that the people in charge know what they're doing, and I don't see the need to call their practices 'complete madness'.

Once again tho MP, nae disrespect to yersel. It's all aboot opinions...

...a bit disco

I guarantee I've personally wired more plugs than you've built main stands.

Think you spoke too soon Sifter.

maxresdefault.jpg

FFS its bricks and corrugated steel and asbestos and its a horrible place to watch football and very probably it was an accident waiting to happen. Its a disgrace we kept it for so long and I wont be shedding any tears like some of you girls.

Say good bye to it. A building aye ? FFS.

Not for me. Happy memories attending games with my dad.

Does the name Archibald Leitch not mean anything to you? Look him up if not.

History means something to some people.

I haven't taken a swing at the new stand in any way, shape or form. I welcome the day. I won't be shedding a tear for the old stand. Just my stance on it. Get over it.

The architect once went behind a managers back to try and get him sacked. Thats a documented fact.

I just don't get the gushing faux sentiment over a dilapidated dinosaur of a building which has reached the end of its useful life, a bit like yourself

Yip. You just don't get it.

It's going be exciting seeing it all develop, especially in the build up to our first home game with it. Throw in a tunnel and dugout and this could be not far off what the completed Tynecastle will be like:

b578ed3a07.png

If it's design and build a main contractor will be appointed to control/procure everything. If it's traditional build, will be run by the client and a project manager.

That simple? No?

It's going be exciting seeing it all develop, especially in the build up to our first home game with it. Throw in a tunnel and dugout and this could be not far off what the completed Tynecastle will be like:

b578ed3a07.png

I sit in the Wheatfield, and since this stand was announced, I continually find my eye wandering towards the height of the floodlights on either stand behind the goals (maybe that says a lot about the fare on the park to be honest!). But see when you imagine the truss that's goin to sit between those floodlights? It's such an increase in height from the current main stand it's unreal.

Tynie is goin to be a boxed in cauldron when it's finished. Acoustically it's goin to be very very impressive. I cannot ****ing wait.

FFS its bricks and corrugated steel and asbestos and its a horrible place to watch football and very probably it was an accident waiting to happen. Its a disgrace we kept it for so long and I wont be shedding any tears like some of you girls.

I know a 3 year old who still thinks a fat man with a beard flies around the world delivering presents to all good boys and girls. I'm sure you would enjoy getting them telt too

I sit in the Wheatfield, and since this stand was announced, I continually find my eye wandering towards the height of the floodlights on either stand behind the goals (maybe that says a lot about the fare on the park to be honest!). But see when you imagine the truss that's goin to sit between those floodlights? It's such an increase in height from the current main stand it's unreal.

Tynie is goin to be a boxed in cauldron when it's finished. Acoustically it's goin to be very very impressive. I cannot ******* wait.

Should do away with any need of a drum !

:beatnik2:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I really don't give a shit about contractors. I'm just looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next September and am praying the fixture list gives us a home game while we're in Edinburgh.

If it's design and build a main contractor will be appointed to control/procure everything. If it's traditional build, will be run by the client and a project manager.

That simple? No?

Stop slavering utter tripe.

I really don't give a shit about contractors. I'm just looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next September and am praying the fixture list gives us a home game while we're in Edinburgh.

If there are any " snags ", Geoff, you could always pop along and get some pics taken anyway.

Tynecastle empty has an aura....we are biased of course but anyone who has walked about the place with no one around will testify to that.

Tripe how?

Is the new Boroughmuit High D&B? No. Is Edinburgh Cooncil looking after the build in conjunction with a project manager? No.

Have they employed O'Hare McGovern to build the school? Aye.

That simple? No?

avhudtheteeshirt

I remember back in the day sitting watching Hearts play, in the back row of the old stand behind the Directors box with Roald Jensen.

If he was injured he would always sit up at the back to watch the game, he was really good company and always talked up Hearts.

So from that point of view I will miss the old stand, but can't wait to see the completed stadium.

Is the new Boroughmuit High D&B? No. Is Edinburgh Cooncil looking after the build in conjunction with a project manager? No.

Have they employed O'Hare McGovern to build the school? Aye.

That simple? No?

Do you know the difference between design and build and traditional construction?

I remember back in the day sitting watching Hearts play, in the back row of the old stand behind the Directors box with Roald Jensen.

If he was injured he would always sit up at the back to watch the game, he was really good company and always talked up Hearts.

So from that point of view I will miss the old stand, but can't wait to see the completed stadium.

Bet there are millions of wee stories like this. We will all have fond memories of the auld main stand, but there's no denying we are moving into a massively exciting phase in our history.

Sad to see it go? Nah, but that doesnae mean we can't enjoy the special memories we have of the auld girl!

maroonlegions

I haven't taken a swing at the new stand in any way, shape or form. I welcome the day. I won't be shedding a tear for the old stand. Just my stance on it. Get over it.

The architect once went behind a managers back to try and get him sacked. Thats a documented fact.

I just don't get the gushing faux sentiment over a dilapidated dinosaur of a building which has reached the end of its useful life, a bit like yourself

I still recall being in the old stand right behind the Hibs dug out when Weir smashed in that goal  in the 4-4 game.

I still recall being in the old stand when De Vries  headed in number 5 in the 5-1 win over Hibs.

I still recall being in that old stand when Robbo scored the winner in the 2-1 win over Hibs, in fact i can still recall many games i watched from that old stand.

The glaring point here is that like me many other folk will recall  such games too with that emotional tag to it.

Your attack and argument on those expressing such bonds to the old stand was NEVER about your  one dimensional rant of   "get over it its just bricks and mortar and not fit for purpose shite but you knew that did"nt you when posting your vermin like green pesh.

You need to get over the fact that like me many supporters will have found memories of "auld bertie".

The fact that you attacked a poster  in the first place for nothing more that  expression and sharing his memories of the old stand is fecking cringe-worthy  and embarrassing.

Edited by maroonlegions

In some respects I agree but sitting opposite it with a full moon above it I knew even if everything else had changed this was MY beloved Tynecastle. OK times change, everything changes mostly for the better, but allow people who stood at this ground and loved Tynecastle as it was and loved the great Hearts players and the great and not so great Hearts teams who played there to have their regrets. I do.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

My God, some absolute jizzstains on this thread.

In a way I'll miss the old stand and the way it looks when you walk up to it but can't wait to see the project finished. Going to be a quality ground.

Bet there are millions of wee stories like this. We will all have fond memories of the auld main stand, but there's no denying we are moving into a massively exciting phase in our history.

Sad to see it go? Nah, but that doesnae mean we can't enjoy the special memories we have of the auld girl!

Of course.

Had a Season Ticket up the back in the 90's. Great memories although it was at the end of it's time back then.

Enlighten me please

D&B, in my experience, is where a client will ask 3 parties to come up with a design for, let's say a school, and a cost to build it. This is done speculatively by those asked to tender. They will then go and source an architect and various consultants to pull it all together and then provide the aforementioned design and cost. The client will then decide who to appoint based on design and best value. This is how the new Kilmarnock College was procured.

A traditional build is where the client directly employs the architect and consultants to deliver a design. They will then ask, usually between 3-5, main contractors to tender for the works and will appoint who is usually the cheapest. Edinburgh Council are finding out to their detriment that wasn't a good decision to employ the cheapest contractor on Boroughmuir High.

Almost every project my company is involved in we are sub-contracted to the main contractor.

D&B, in my experience, is where a client will ask 3 parties to come up with a design for, let's say a school, and a cost to build it. This is done speculatively by those asked to tender. They will then go and source an architect and various consultants to pull it all together and then provide the aforementioned design and cost. The client will then decide who to appoint based on design and best value. This is how the new Kilmarnock College was procured.

A traditional build is where the client directly employs the architect and consultants to deliver a design. They will then ask, usually between 3-5, main contractors to tender for the works and will appoint who is usually the cheapest. Edinburgh Council are finding out to their detriment that wasn't a good decision to employ the cheapest contractor on Boroughmuir High.

Almost every project my company is involved in we are sub-contracted to the main contractor.

So which one seems like the likely scenario here?

or possibly i just have my own opinion

Roker Park for your info is what it was called.

Have your own opinion but surely you get the attachment to Tynecastle?

The contempt you have posted is very suspicious.

Very.

Of course.

Had a Season Ticket up the back in the 90's. Great memories although it was at the end of it's time back then.

When I was a bairn me and my mates always thought that anyone that sat in the main stand was, well, a bit posh!!

On the odd occasion one of the boys said he was sittin in the main stand, it would always be met with a raised eyebrow and an "aye?". Always thought the main stand had a classier type of person than us scum in the shed lol.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-16/1604/south-park-s16e04c01-cartman-learns-about-passover-16x9.jpg?

maroonlegions

In some respects I agree but sitting opposite it with a full moon above it I knew even if everything else had changed this was MY beloved Tynecastle. OK times change, everything changes mostly for the better, but allow people who stood at this ground and loved Tynecastle as it was and loved the great Hearts players and the great and not so great Hearts teams who played there to have their regrets. I do.

This is what he just does not get, the emotional bond to the old stand, that is what he attacked the OP of this tread for.

He comes on acting like billy big b**** telling all and sundry about how the old stand is not fit for purpose , well feck me we all agree on that ffs.

We get it ,the old stand is passed it, but attacking  someone for simply  sharing their memories of the old stand is fecking arrogant and embarrassing.   FTH. 

When I was a bairn me and my mates always thought that anyone that sat in the main stand was, well, a bit posh!!

On the odd occasion one of the boys said he was sittin in the main stand, it would always be met with a raised eyebrow and an "aye?". Always thought the main stand had a classier type of person than us scum in the shed lol.

The Shed was long gone by the time we moved up there. In saying that, we were School End connoisseurs !

The Shed was long gone by the time we moved up there. In saying that, we were School End connoisseurs !

Ahhh right, so you must be Ronnie Barker to my Ronnie Corbett. I know my place....unlike you who tried to get a bit John Cleesy as ye got aulder :-)

maroonlegions

Have your own opinion but surely you get the attachment to Tynecastle?

The contempt you have posted is very suspicious.

Very.

Bingo.  :2thumbsup:

The weeding out could be interesting. :laugh4: 

So which one seems like the likely scenario here?

The club appointed James Clydesdale to design the new stand as he did the previous 3. I assumed the club would then appoint a MC to carry out the build. Like I said, I'd find it strange if they didn't, however, I can only base that on my previous experience.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The club appointed James Clydesdale to design the new stand as he did the previous 3. I assumed the club would then appoint a MC to carry out the build. Like I said, I'd find it strange if they didn't, however, I can only base that on my previous experience.

I think it was Thomaso who pointed out that the COMPANY quite often these days do not like the VO the CONTRACTOR raise. More work in house but it can be done with the correct set of people and importantly control measures

So the other posters who you said were spouting "utter nonsense" and have "probably never wired more than a plug in yer puff" were probably right?

I'm really excited to see the new stand finished. My first ever Hearts game was 1985-86 season against Aberdeen and we won with a late Levein header. I was sitting in the main stand as a little boy. I will miss it too but a new chapter is coming...