New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Now...... don't get me wrong........ this can only ever be seen as fantastic, so please don't take this the wrong way.

BUT............. despite wanting this new stand for as long as matters, I must confess to being a little bit sad now the the ball is finally rolling.

That old stand has been the one and only thing which has remained constant throughout my Hearts supporting life, and its going to be an emotional goodbye when it does finally come down.

Like I say, i'm in no way suggesting 'scrap the new stand, lets keep the old one' - but I do feel a whole lot more emotional at the prospect of losing the old stand than I ever thought I would.

Now...... don't get me wrong........ this can only ever be seen as fantastic, so please don't take this the wrong way.

BUT............. despite wanting this new stand for as long as matters, I must confess to being a little bit sad now the the ball is finally rolling.

That old stand has been the one and only thing which has remained constant throughout my Hearts supporting life, and its going to be an emotional goodbye when it does finally come down.

Like I say, i'm in no way suggesting 'scrap the new stand, lets keep the old one' - but I do feel a whole lot more emotional at the prospect of losing the old stand than I ever thought I would.

I think we will all be emotional but right now the excitement of both what the finished new stand will look like and the future it secures for the club aree definitely overriding the sadness by far. I hope the club puts on a proper ceremony to say goodbye to the old girl though.

Different Class

Can't wait for the monstrosity offices behind the stand to come down. How they were ever sanctioned is beyond me. Exciting times

Hackney Hearts

I do feel a whole lot more emotional at the prospect of losing the old stand than I ever thought I would.

I think most of us feel a bit like that.

I guess people felt the same way when this came down....

0,,10289~371508,00.jpg

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Jim Clydesdale is the architect, Dalton are doing the demolition & Scott Gardiner is representing Hearts.

Charles Henshaw of Russell Road are doing the glass facade

Can't wait for the monstrosity offices behind the stand to come down. How they were ever sanctioned is beyond me. Exciting times

They weren't built as offices .they were built in the 70s as state of the art social clubs

I think we will all be emotional but right now the excitement of both what the finished new stand will look like and the future it secures for the club aree definitely overriding the sadness by far. I hope the club puts on a proper ceremony to say goodbye to the old girl though.

FFS its bricks and corrugated steel and asbestos and its a horrible place to watch football and very probably it was an accident waiting to happen. Its a disgrace we kept it for so long and I wont be shedding any tears like some of you girls.

Say good bye to it. A building aye ? FFS.

It would be nice for those of us outside Edinburgh if some people could post some pictures as the work goes on.

Just take a picture if you happen to be walking past etc. 

Thanks

FFS its bricks and corrugated steel and asbestos and its a horrible place to watch football and very probably it was an accident waiting to happen. Its a disgrace we kept it for so long and I wont be shedding any tears like some of you girls.

If that's all you see when you look at the main stand then I really do genuinely pity you.

As I said in my post, its the one last remaining thing which remains from the day I first walked through the turnstiles and climbed those stairs. I can say that as someone who at 35 isn't exactly 'old' in the contect of this.

The stand is where our fathers and grandfathers went to watch the football and regardless of whats changed in the surrounding area, its the one things which has remained constant. There is so much history, and so many memories in that stand - no post on here will ever do it justice.

Through many generations of supporters, through more managers than we can count, through more highs and lows than all the rollercoasters in the world. Good times and bad. Celebrations, tears of joy, tears of sorrow - happiness and sadness - that old stand has seen it all and then some.

If you just see dilapidated old bits of metal and asbestos then I really really do feel sorry for you.

Edited by Erik

If that's all you see when you look at the main stand then I really do genuinely pity you.

As I said in my post, its the one last remaining thing which remains from the day I first walked through the turnstiles and climbed those stairs. I can say that as someone who at 35 isn't exactly 'old' in the contect of this.

The stand is where our fathers and grandfathers went to watch the football and regardless of whats changed in the surrounding area, its the one things which has remained constant. There is so much history, and so many memories in that stand - no post on here will ever do it justice.

Through many generations of supporters, through more managers than we can count, through more highs and lows than all the rollercoasters in the world. Good times and bad. Celebrations, tears of joy, tears of sorrow - happiness and sadness - that old stand has seen it all and then some.

If you just see dilapidated old bits of metal and asbestos then I really really do feel sorry for you.

Jesus. I mean seriously. What a load of shite. It was a disgrace 20 years ago. The fact that we still have it should be a source of utter embarrassment to successive custodians of the club, not a source of pride.

If you want to look at it and have a greet though, bash on.

Meanwhile Greenginger has stuck his niagras in a blender and switched it on.

:rofl:

Probably true though.

The ginger minger is a tube of the highest order.

kawasakijambo

can I have the stone from the old ticket office please? try and keep the window jams, sills and lintels whole.

I agree

Jesus. I mean seriously. What a load of shite. It was a disgrace 20 years ago. The fact that we still have it should be a source of utter embarrassment to successive custodians of the club, not a source of pride.

It sells out, and I love being in the main stand despite the restricted view. It's old, classical and is still very functional.

It badly needs replaced, but I am by no means embarrased to sit in it.

LOOK

AT

ME

Jumped the shark there. A decent troll you'll never make.

As subtle as a ****ing brick. Or corrugated steel.

I would think / hope you're in the minority on this one.

Like I say, if that's all you see in the main stand - I pity you.

Jumped the shark there. A decent troll you'll never make.

As subtle as a ******* brick. Or corrugated steel.

Especially as my point he quoted was agreeing with him...

We_are_the_Hearts

I would think / hope you're in the minority on this one.

Like I say, if that's all you see in the main stand - I pity you.

Absolute minority. PHM will have a lot of memories of the old boy. First visit, big victories, etc.

When you think of his plans & what's happening now it does. [emoji1303]

eb4cc39314dd444a9af96b1299840009.jpg

11f812234c095362029afddcbffa1c6d.jpg

What they said would never happen is happening. [emoji1]

Thanks for posting?

What are the nitty gritty details - like who is the main contractor? Who is representing Hearts as the PM/client rep?

No main contractor.  Hearts (through an appointed Project Manager) are managing the project.

What's the betting some hibs fan will come up with the completely unoriginal plan of putting a hibs strip under it.

You may be right. maybe we should invite ALL supporters of ALL clubs to donate a strip and we bury them all

under the new stand because Tynecastle is the home of Scottish Football!

maroonlegions

Long were those dark days and nights when our glorious club was on the brink of oblivion. :(

Long and surreal were those emotions felt of  trepidation ,fear and sadness when our glorious club was on the brink of oblivion. :(

But then a  beacon of  light  started to show :) and like the beating heart  of a phoenix our support answered the call , they answered in their 1000s and the cries were not in our life time will we sit back and let our club die. 

There are no real words to explain the magnitude of  just were our club is today and just what has been achieved  since those dark days of administration and all the horrors that could have  came with it.

A working progress yes but sold in is foundations and rich in spirit of those of us who care.

There are no real words that are fitting enough to describe the feeling of utter joy and salutation of the reality that we will have our new stand too.

A club is as only as solid and safe as its fan base, well Hearts fans have gone beyond the pale, we will reap what was sown and that begins with the new stand , bless her and all who sit in her.  

To Greenfingerd ,Dashing Knob and Sir Gay remember this song on that glorious day we crushed your spirit, well those words ring just as true today day when that song was written.  

Our new stand is the manifestation of the spirit of this club, like nae other is it not.. You will never break that spirit or unity of our club.  FTH.  :fugg2:

Yes its down at Tynecastle we bide.  :verysmug:

:flag2:  :flag1:

Edited by maroonlegions

I have been surprised by the lack of info since planning has been accepted. Especially since Ann said that once that happened they would look to makes announcements shortly afterwards. Perhaps it will come with the agm.

But good that it's starting.

Relax guys - it's all happening behind the scenes.  There will be regular progress reports

live webcam would be cool

Sergey's already got a premium subscription channel set up for the private members room. Complete with subliminal cut shots of his Gary Locke.

Lucille's Thirsty

I 100% agree I am of a younger generation of Jambos but I can understand you older Jambos about saying how much you'll miss it but it's a move in the right direction if we want to aspire to be champions (unlikely anytime soon) we have to look the part and we do apart from our stadium which was being held back by the main stand.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Completely agree with you.

Bazzas right boot

Just remember chaps and chapess's..

This is not the end of our history, it's just the beginning of new chapter.

I hear you Eric.  I used to sit in the old stand many moons ago.  Now in the Roseburn with my 9 & 7 year old.  Seeing the old stand disappear is bitter sweet to say the least.

I can't be the only who will miss the giant L-Block :sob:

The Hearts Club, before it became the Adult Ed, thrived in the 70's, certainly more than than the football club at the time. Great memories going there with my folks when growing up.

August Landmesser

:vrwow:

Lol, I sat next to Jim Clydesdale for the past two seasons!

Excellent. Ask him if he is still in the market for stabbing serving managers in the back. He'll know who you mean.

If he is, there's another job waiting for him.

The Jambo Janny

Maybe could have made a few grand selling the bricks and other bits, and raffling the big sign.

Edited by The Jambo Janny

Bazzas right boot

Excellent. Ask him if he is still in the market for stabbing serving managers in the back. He'll know who you mean.

Moved this season, he only spoke about the stand at the last hone games last year, after the public consultation. I think I missed a trick, could have gotten some info.

Bazzas right boot

Maybe could have made a few grand selling the bricks and other bits, and raffling the big sign.

Cannae beat a raffle!

The Hearts Club, before it became the Adult Ed, thrived in the 70's, certainly more than than the football club at the time. Great memories going there with my folks when growing up.

Was it called "The Ace of Hearts Social Club"?

I remember at the time this was built on land owned by Hearts and it was going to raise big revenue for the Football Club.  Not sure what actually happened but there was talk of dodgy management, fingers in the till, and the place ultimately financially crashed.

The Football Club then cashed in their chips and sold the land and building to the Council for buttons I believe.

Winston Ingram

This reads like your latest very strange personal grudge, just as it is an odd place to air it. 

FWIW for his performance at that EGM alone, Hearts supporters should be eternally grateful to Jim Clydesdale. He was a crucial element in exposing Robinson's lies. 

So is it the old stand, sentimentality, or Mr Clydesdale that you don't like? You seem to just be taking a swing at everything to do with the process.