Brexit?

aussieh

Space Mackerel

The EU Commission rep said September 2018 today,

And what are the "standard tariffs"? I don't think the UK has suggested any tariffs yet, so what are the EU's/Italy's proposals?

Or is it only the UK that is obliged to set out its conditions in advance of the negotiation, that is if despite the EU Commission's assertion today that there will be no "cherry picking" there will be any negotiation.

Is the penny dropping FA that no one has a clue in the Brexiteers so everyone is giving up second guessing them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

Is the penny dropping FA that no one has a clue in the Brexiteers so everyone is giving up second guessing them.

AS usual a reply that doesn't address the post you were replying to.

I think the aims of the Brexiteers are patently obvious.

I have no idea what the aims of the EU Commission or the 27 other EU nations are.

Neither are saying anything very meaningfully about their aims before negotiations begin.

Wisely.

Space Mackerel

AS usual a reply that doesn't address the post you were replying to.

I think the aims of the Brexiteers are patently obvious.

I have no idea what the aims of the EU Commission or the 27 other EU nations are.

Neither are saying anything about their aims before negotiations begin.

Wisely.

Surely it's up to Boris and Maggie May to say what they want?

Brexit means Brexit after all? [emoji23][emoji23]

Francis Albert

Brexit means leaving the EU. Which is what people voted for.

The terms are a matter for negotiation.

Which hasn't begun, largely at the insistence of the EU Commission and EU member states.

Space Mackerel

Brexit means leaving the EU. Which is what people voted for.

The terms are a matter for negotiation.

Which hasn't begun, largely at the insistence of the EU Commission and EU member states.

Whaaaaaaaat? We are still waiting to pull trigger.

Someone crapping their pants?

2 years mind from it.

Chop chop.

Francis Albert

Whaaaaaaaat? We are still waiting to pull trigger.

Someone crapping their pants?

2 years mind from it.

Chop chop.

The EU Commission rep said it shouldn't be more than 18 months.

I think the current Supreme Court case prevents pulling the trigger.

Personally I'd have pulled it the day after the Brexit vote as Dave Cameron promised but then the Remainers promises didn't count did they?

Space Mackerel

Personally I'd have pulled it the day after the Brexit vote as Dave Cameron promised but then the Remainers promises didn't count did they?

Thank god I didn't listen to your FoH nonsense, and, guess what, I'm not listening to your Brexit chat too.

And I bet a lot of posters are thinking the same on here you cheeky wee Remoner poster

I'll tell you what Scotland needs, independent borrowing rates away from South East property bubbles.

So... on the narrow vote being too narrow to carry the nation?

To be fair, Cameron was wise not to. And I think Corbyn showed his stupudity by calling for that. The Civil Service is nowhere near ready for this. Time is needed to prepare.

Same was true in 2014 over an 18 month windown from September. Both sides in such a serious negotiation need time to prepare themselves, set out their stalls and debate their plans before engaging.

Space Mackerel

So... on the narrow vote being too narrow to carry the nation?

I thought you might comment on the different points on the Scottish and English housing markets and so on. If that's your chosen field.

Space Mackerel

Top trolling from the National [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

b028a1c69931ac349ab4fcdb0fd09e32.jpg

Francis Albert

To be fair, Cameron was wise not to. And I think Corbyn showed his stupudity by calling for that. The Civil Service is nowhere near ready for this. Time is needed to prepare.

Same was true in 2014 over an 18 month windown from September. Both sides in such a serious negotiation need time to prepare themselves, set out their stalls and debate their plans before engaging.

On reflection agreed. Shouldn't be prevoked by Bremoaners idiocises.

Francis Albert

Thank god I didn't listen to your FoH nonsense, and, guess what, I'm not listening to your Brexit chat too.

And I bet a lot of posters are thinking the same on here you cheeky wee Remoner poster

I was a remain supporter. I guess that's too complicated for you to understand. I think when people are invited to express their views (in the Brexit case by a 6 to 1 parliamentary majority) it is not unreasonable to expect their views to be listened to and respected.

Just as when the majority of Scots vote against independence I'd expect that to be respected.

I thought you might comment on the different points on the Scottish and English housing markets and so on. If that's your chosen field.

Answer the point you raised on narrow wins in referendums. Would a 52/48 split be enough to carry independence if you believe it is too narrow for Brexit?

I'll simplify. A husband wants a divorce. He can't just take and demand what he wants after. There is a huge legal process where everything must be agreed. Unless you are a female who usually gets most of it anyway.

Top trolling from the National [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Disgustingly vile rag. Speaking on my behalf again I see.

Space Mackerel

I'll simplify. A husband wants a divorce. He can't just take and demand what he wants after. There is a huge legal process where everything must be agreed. Unless you are a female who usually gets most of it anyway.

Another sexist analogy. How many is that now on this thread alone? Sum boi.

And in this case, surely the UK is playing the role of the woman in your one scenario piece fits all brain, it being the smaller party in the breakup?

Space Mackerel

Disgustingly vile rag. Speaking on my behalf again I see.

Speaking on behalf of the 62% of pro EU citizens and over 50% of the Scottish electorate :)

You can greet into your Express and Mail at tea break today.

Or he can just walk, since he's the one who wants the divorce.

Another sexist analogy. How many is that now on this thread alone? Sum boi.

And in this case, surely the UK is playing the role of the woman in your one scenario piece fits all brain, it being the smaller party in the breakup?

Er, now who is being sexist?

Thought you never read MSM,or is it just the ones you don't agree with ?

Answer the point you raised on narrow wins in referendums. Would a 52/48 split be enough to carry independence if you believe it is too narrow for Brexit?

Arguably not but depending on the split per area etc you could justify it, ie if every region of Scotland voted Yes it would be hard to justify against it in comparison with say Edinburgh and Glasgow 100% yes and the rest of the country mainly against.

That's one of the main flaws with the Brexit vote, if you lived in a city you generally voted remain by quite a large margin 54.4/45.6% and in particular the vast majority of the key cities that contribute most to the UK economy(London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, York, Cardiff, Belfast, Bristol, Aberdeen, Liverpool etc) all voted remain.

Not even 10 am yet and Space Mackerel has already pulled out an 'ist' card on another poster.  

A day in his life:

Wake up

Go on JKB

Call someone a name with his favourite suffix

Stay on JKB

Scan Twitter for latest hashtag

Go to bed

Not even 10 am yet and Space Mackerel has already pulled out an 'ist' card on another poster.

A day in his life:

Wake up

Go on JKB

Call someone a name with his favourite suffix

Stay on JKB

Scan Twitter for latest hashtag

Go to bed

No no no no !

He is an international investor who runs his own construction firm.

Hes far too busy

Do you think when people spend their day calling everyone racist and sexist it makes them feel like a better person? I have always wondered what the motivation behind it is.

Francis Albert

Do you think when people spend their day calling everyone racist and sexist it makes them feel like a better person? I have always wondered what the motivation behind it is.

Ironically I think it makes them feel extremely tolerant, and is designed to advertise just how tolerant they are.

No no no no !

He is an international investor who runs his own construction firm.

Hes far too busy

Buys and makes LEGO?

I don't understand much about court proceedings but watching the live updates today, it doesn't look like the government are particularly making any new arguments.

Doesn't really matter. It's 11 different judges.

The only honest publication going.

Daydream Believer

So, if I understand what has gone on today and yesterday, the government have agreed to share plans and Labour have agreed the timetable for triggering article 50.

There does not appear to be any consensus on what sharing plans will actually mean so presumably the government will produce some very vague principles and Labour will say that they're not in enough depth and we'll be back where we're started.

Meanwhile the court case will produce a verdict in (early?) January and if the govt. loses their appeal, MP's will face 2 pretty poor choices - either vote to trigger Article 50 giving a small group of people (who they probably dislike) carte blanche to decide what the future outside the EU looks like, or vote against and be accused of thwarting the will of the people.

If I was an MP I would want to find a middle ground where I was agreeing to leave the EU but not agreeing to allow the small group of (mostly unelected) negotiators to make the calls on where to compromise, what to give up in return for what, etc.

On the basis that we can't allow every MP a say in the negotiations, then I get back to thinking about a second referendum. If the people saying that voters knew what they were voting for, that Brexit means Brexit, etc are correct then the second referendum would return the same result and that would be an end to it. If others (including myself) are correct in saying that people voted to leave for various reasons which may not be achieved in the negotiations, then it may return a different result. If that is the case, then there's no problem because the will of the people has been done having allowed people to see what they are actually getting.

So, if I understand what has gone on today and yesterday, the government have agreed to share plans and Labour have agreed the timetable for triggering article 50.

There does not appear to be any consensus on what sharing plans will actually mean so presumably the government will produce some very vague principles and Labour will say that they're not in enough depth and we'll be back where we're started.

Meanwhile the court case will produce a verdict in (early?) January and if the govt. loses their appeal, MP's will face 2 pretty poor choices - either vote to trigger Article 50 giving a small group of people (who they probably dislike) carte blanche to decide what the future outside the EU looks like, or vote against and be accused of thwarting the will of the people.

If I was an MP I would want to find a middle ground where I was agreeing to leave the EU but not agreeing to allow the small group of (mostly unelected) negotiators to make the calls on where to compromise, what to give up in return for what, etc.

On the basis that we can't allow every MP a say in the negotiations, then I get back to thinking about a second referendum. If the people saying that voters knew what they were voting for, that Brexit means Brexit, etc are correct then the second referendum would return the same result and that would be an end to it. If others (including myself) are correct in saying that people voted to leave for various reasons which may not be achieved in the negotiations, then it may return a different result. If that is the case, then there's no problem because the will of the people has been done having allowed people to see what they are actually getting.

the will of the people has spoken(not a small amount "the majority" of the people)

its more like the small "minority" that havn't a clue

Daydream Believer

the will of the people has spoken(not a small amount "the majority" of the people)

its more like the small "minority" that havn't a clue

I'm not sure what you mean. The small amount of people I was talking about are the negotiators.

Space Mackerel

The National is part of the MSM, that right aye? :lol:

The National is part of the MSM, that right aye? :lol:

Backed by the MSM group who own the Herald and Sunday Herald, Newsquest. One of Scotland's biggest MSM groups.

Space Mackerel

Backed by the MSM group who own the Herald and Sunday Herald, Newsquest. One of Scotland's biggest MSM groups.

The only, and I repeat only daily paper to have a pro Independence view. Right you are.

Have you ever read it?

The only, and I repeat only daily paper to have a pro Independence view. Right you are.

Have you ever read it?

The Herald lends credence to independence. The Scotsman too has pro-indy columnists. But that point you make ignores the fact that the National forms part of the MSM. Don't sidestep the issue.

And yes I have read it now and again. I like to try and read widely. As a paper it's poor quality. It lends itself to sensationalism a lot. That headline over Enemies of the People was straight out the Daily Mail play book.

Space Mackerel

The Herald lends credence to independence. The Scotsman too has pro-indy columnists. But that point you make ignores the fact that the National forms part of the MSM. Don't sidestep the issue.

And yes I have read it now and again. I like to try and read widely. As a paper it's poor quality. It lends itself to sensationalism a lot. That headline over Enemies of the People was straight out the Daily Mail play book.

You don't do irony do you?

And as for The Scotsman, look at the comments section, its full of the half past full moon keyboard English gin and whisky brigade, that's the only time I read it, to see how off the scale they are.

[emoji23]

You don't do irony do you?

And as for The Scotsman, look at the comments section, its full of the half past full moon keyboard English gin and whisky brigade, that's the only time I read it, to see how off the scale they are.

[emoji23]

The comments section isn't the paper. I could do the same with the National.

Space Mackerel

The comments section isn't the paper. I could do the same with the National.

You can tell a lot about the readership from the comments section.

I ain't a employee of the CID.

Indeed. Check the National.

I'm not sure what you mean. The small amount of people I was talking about are the negotiators.

people who are against brexit are always using this small/little crap in their conversation about it, trying to belittle the majority as if the majority of the people havn't a clue and didn't know what they were doing, don't know what leaving the EU meant.

leaving the EU meant "leaving the EU" theres a ****in big queue trying to smudge/muddy the waters/ create confusion, when they should just be carrying out the will of the people and getting us out.

I thought I lived in a democracry but it seems the minority are determind to do anything to get their own way greetin faced like spoiled brats.

people who are against brexit are always using this small/little crap in their conversation about it, trying to belittle the majority as if the majority of the people havn't a clue and didn't know what they were doing, don't know what leaving the EU meant.

leaving the EU meant "leaving the EU" theres a ****** big queue trying to smudge/muddy the waters/ create confusion, when they should just be carrying out the will of the people and getting us out.

I thought I lived in a democracry but it seems the minority are determind to do anything to get their own way greetin faced like spoiled brats.

I thought you liked onions?

BTW, the Majority in Scotland voted remain, unless they don't count and we can ignore the no vote too. Smashing set of double standards.

BTW, the Majority in Scotland voted remain, unless they don't count and we can ignore the no vote too. Smashing set of double standards.

more, blah, blah, blah from you, I suppose spaced out will be along shortly with a copy and paste from "I've got a see you jimmy hat"

read your comment again and see if you can spot where you've made an erse of yourself again.

the majority in Scotland voted democraticly to remain part of the "UK", the UK voted to leave the EU, your a loser twice then.

You are correct the majority of Scotland did vote to remain, however this wasn't a vote where the result would apply to each devolved parliament, it was a UK wide vote, the result of which would apply to the whole of the UK, not to each devolved parliament, just the same as a General Election result does. 

When did Scotland last vote for a Tory government? but we still get them, and the EU referendum is no different IMO.

Not really.

You can tell a lot about the section of readership who have time on their hands to log on and read an article and then add their comments. It's a very small percentage of thereadership who actually do that.

You are correct the majority of Scotland did vote to remain, however this wasn't a vote where the result would apply to each devolved parliament, it was a UK wide vote, the result of which would apply to the whole of the UK, not to each devolved parliament, just the same as a General Election result does.

When did Scotland last vote for a Tory government? but we still get them, and the EU referendum is no different IMO.

Exactly, the Uk makes no sense, but that's democracy in Scotland apparently.

more, blah, blah, blah from you, I suppose spaced out will be along shortly with a copy and paste from "I've got a see you jimmy hat"

read your comment again and see if you can spot where you've made an erse of yourself again.

the majority in Scotland voted democraticly to remain part of the "UK", the UK voted to leave the EU, your a loser twice then.

Tell about that sovereignty thing again.

You probably want a draw on Saturday, no wanting to upset yer big cousins.

zoltan socrates

Not even 10 am yet and Space Mackerel has already pulled out an 'ist' card on another poster.  [/size]

[/size]

A day in his life:[/size]

[/size]

Wake up[/size]

[/size]

Go on JKB[/size]

[/size]

Call someone a name with his favourite suffix[/size]

[/size]

Stay on JKB[/size]

[/size]

Scan Twitter for latest hashtag[/size]

[/size]

Go to bed[/size]

Nearly, you need to factor in some hammer time, he still has to explain how you get a plane full of dead folk into a missile

Archived