Brexit?

aussieh

Tell about that sovereignty thing again.

You probably want a draw on Saturday, no wanting to upset yer big cousins.

Tell about that sovereignty thing again.

You probably want a draw on Saturday, no wanting to upset yer big cousins.

I hate sevco more than any other team and I detest the old rangers for cheating me when I was going to what were basically fixed games.

in the UK your still Scottish, there is no sovereignty issues, if that's what your vague response implies.

perhaps you'd care to share with us in your deluded ideals how the parts of Scotland that didn't vote for independence can stay part of the UK and have brexit, while the bits that voted for independence can leave the union and stay part of a different land mass altogether at the same time or do you only break it down as long as it fits you're argument.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly, the Uk makes no sense, but that's democracy in Scotland apparently.

But this wasn't a Scotland only vote, it was a UK wide vote, a vote whose result applied to the whole of the UK, not Scotland alone.

But anyway why are you so against Brexit?  Considering that a yes vote during the indyref would have had the consequence of taking Scotland out of the EU, would it have not?

The SNP even said that they would seek to have re-joined the EU by the time that our divorce from the UK was finalised.

Now we all know that Spain (for one) would have blocked it, so there was no guarantee that Scotland would ever be part of the EU, following a yes for Independence vote. 

So why the desire to remain part of the EU now, when most knew that an Independence vote would not only mean we left the UK but also the EU as well.

Besides doesn't the Brexit vote give the SNP and their supporters the merest glimmer of hope for a second indyref?

Until the Brexit vote the argument for indyref2 was dead in the water, so I would have thought that you would be delighted at the result of Brexit.

jack D and coke

But this wasn't a Scotland only vote, it was a UK wide vote, a vote whose result applied to the whole of the UK, not Scotland alone.

But anyway why are you so against Brexit? Considering that a yes vote during the indyref would have had the consequence of taking Scotland out of the EU, would it have not?

The SNP even said that they would seek to have re-joined the EU by the time that our divorce from the UK was finalised.

Now we all know that Spain (for one) would have blocked it, so there was no guarantee that Scotland would ever be part of the EU, following a yes for Independence vote.

So why the desire to remain part of the EU now, when most knew that an Independence vote would not only mean we left the UK but also the EU as well.

Besides doesn't the Brexit vote give the SNP and their supporters the merest glimmer of hope for a second indyref?

Until the Brexit vote the argument for indyref2 was dead in the water, so I would have thought that you would be delighted at the result of Brexit.

I voted Yes and Leave but I came across this yesterday...

541625d4ebb5d6b1b884dd76ba931094.jpg

Personally I've always believed if Scotland went Indy and wanted in there wouldn't be any real issues tbh. We've been in it from day one and want to remain I fail to see why they would keep us out, if at all.

I voted Yes and Leave but I came across this yesterday...

541625d4ebb5d6b1b884dd76ba931094.jpg

Personally I've always believed if Scotland went Indy and wanted in there wouldn't be any real issues tbh. We've been in it from day one and want to remain I fail to see why they would keep us out, if at all.

So says a German MEP, that is like a Greek MEP saying that they don't see why the Belgian government doesn't just give the Wallonia region Independence.

A Spanish MEP quoting about Catalonia or a Belgian MEP quoting about Wallonia, would be a better gauge.

jack D and coke

So says a German MEP, that is like a Greek MEP saying that they don't see why the Belgian government doesn't just give the Wallonia region Independence.

A Spanish MEP quoting about Catalonia or a Belgian MEP quoting about Wallonia, would be a better gauge.

Others have said it though.

I just don't see it myself. Why would they keep a country out that abides by all the rules and regulations and that's been in it since day one? It's bullshit imo.

Not that I'd care I don't think we should be in it anyway but a spain veto is rubbish imo.

But anyway why are you so against Brexit? Considering that a yes vote during the indyref would have had the consequence of taking Scotland out of the EU, would it have not?

I'm not against it.

I voted remain to trigger indyref2.

I'm sure The Peoples Democratic Republic of Scotland and rUK will be fine.

Anyway, Ask the unionists why they're so happy to defend English sovereignty but won't defend their own. If unions are so great why not U.S.E? Why are they so desperate for brexit? But not sexit? Hypocrisy

I look forward to brexit and the young team freeing Scotland once and for all.

I'm not against it.

Anyway, Ask the unionists why they're so happy to defend English sovereignty but won't defend their own. If unions are so great why not U.S.E? Why are they so desperate for brexit? But not sexit? Hypocrisy

Why would you want to exchange one political master in London for another one in Brussels?

Isn't that's what the SNP are offering.

Surely Independence means Independence?

Francis Albert

Others have said it though.

I just don't see it myself. Why would they keep a country out that abides by all the rules and regulations and that's been in it since day one? It's bullshit imo.

Not that I'd care I don't think we should be in it anyway but a spain veto is rubbish imo.

Sorry, but what country that has been in it since Day 1 are we talking about here?

jack D and coke

Sorry, but what country that has been in it since Day 1 are we talking about here?

Scotland. As part of the uk obviously.

jack D and coke

The UK was not in it from day one.

Right ok are we going to have a silly pedantic argument are we? You know what I mean.

Francis Albert

Right ok are we going to have a silly pedantic argument are we? You know what I mean.

When you said from day one I made the silly and pedantic assumption that you meant from day one. Sorry.

As for a potential Spain veto, Spain cares far far more about suppressing Basque and Catalonian separatism, and giving neither movement any encouragement, than it does about whether Scotland is a member of the EU or not. A similar issue applies in other EU member states including Belgium and Italy and even France, states who were really in it from day one.

OK Nicola may have charmed them into accepting the over-riding importance of a theoretical Scottish membership, but I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Francis Albert

I'm not against it.

I am making a wild guess here but maybe because they are British/UK Unionists?

Francis Albert

Mind when Spain vetoed all the newly independent ex-communist and ex-yogoslav states from joining the EU?

:look:

Most if not all of the new states concerned were separating from entities that had been cobbled together in the second half of the twentieth century, often under duress from outside forces or communist dictatorships. They were not breaking up major independent nation states that had existed for centuries.

Space Mackerel

Most if not all of the new states concerned were separating from entities that had been cobbled together in the second half of the twentieth century, often under duress from outside forces or communist dictatorships. They were not breaking up major independent nation states that had existed for centuries.

What a completely stupid answer. Scotland was an independent state 300 years ago. We are a shoe in given your logic then.

Francis Albert

What a completely stupid answer. Scotland was an independent state 300 years ago. We are a shoe in given your logic then.

You completely fail to understand my logic then. That comes as no surprise.

But to spell it out. Spain may have seen no great precedent for its own status as a unitary state from say Croatia separating from Yugoslavia. I don't remember the Catalans getting particularly excited about that either.

But the break up of the UK, a major nation state of centuries standing might well be seen as something of a precedent. And the Catalans have already shown quite bit of interest in the mere prospect of that happening (however remote that prospect seems just at the moment).

Well if Spain don't veto it will be to get access to Scottish fishing waters so don't expect the North-East to support EU membership.

Also Scotland will have to adopt the Euro so that's the currency issue answered.

4ecf47627d4609aa2a2276cfb089d0ea.png

Ian Murray was in meetings relating to the Scottish Boundary Commission changes in Edinburgh. He had previously tendered his apologies for not being able to attend weeks in advance.

Scratch beneath the surface Cosmic Cod. You'll learn more by questioning what you see online.

Space Mackerel

Ian Murray was in meetings relating to the Scottish Boundary Commission changes in Edinburgh. He had previously tendered his apologies for not being able to attend weeks in advance.

Scratch beneath the surface Cosmic Cod. You'll learn more by questioning what you see online.

I count 9 empty seats.

I count 9 empty seats.

I'm giving you an answer for 1. Go off and seek out the facts for the other 8. Start by checking the official parliamentary record. Twitter and the National wont help.

Space Mackerel

I'm giving you an answer for 1. Go off and seek out the facts for the other 8. Start by checking the official parliamentary record. Twitter and the National wont help.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Space Mackerel

Glad that some can see a pointless exercise when they see one.

Everything in life is pointless to you FA :)

Francis Albert

Everything in life is pointless to you FA :)

Not at all. But a Scottish delusion that, Scotland having voted decisively against independence, specifically Scottish views on the UK's position in Europe are of any great relevance or in any way decisive in the Brexit debate? That's what I call pointless.

Space Mackerel

Not at all. But a Scottish delusion that, Scotland having voted decisively against independence, specifically Scottish views on the UK's position in Europe are of any great relevance or in any way decisive in the Brexit debate? That's what I call pointless.

"Decisively"

62 percent trumps 55.

Come on, get this Brexit rolling so we can have our indyref 2.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Yes. But context is key. I could show you a picture of a border collie.

Would it be Lassie? Or just another dug?

You've posted a photo from Chris Law MP. Who claims the non-SNP members all didn't attend because they aren't interested. I pointed out to you one member was otherwise engaged in another meeting relevant to Scotland and to his constituents and his city - ie the scottish boundary commission. So he too was engaged, to quote the SNP line, in "issues of importance to the Scottish people".

In effect your picture without the context is just another aspect of post-truth as you aren't looking into or being provided the full facts.

Anyways, how's that wall coming along?

Space Mackerel

You've posted a photo from Chris Law MP. Who claims the non-SNP members all didn't attend because they aren't interested. I pointed out to you one member was otherwise engaged in another meeting relevant to Scotland and to his constituents and his city - ie the scottish boundary commission. So he too was engaged, to quote the SNP line, in "issues of importance to the Scottish people".

In effect your picture without the context is just another aspect of post-truth as you aren't looking into or being provided the full facts.

More solicitor speak.

Just admit it, they couldn't be bothered turning up or had better things to do.

Francis Albert

"Decisively"

62 percent trumps 55.

Come on, get this Brexit rolling so we can have our indyref 2.

I shouldn't ask, but what is the 62%?

Francis Albert

62% of Scotland voted to remain.

Still in that London bubble?

No. In a UK bubble. Which Scotland decisively voted to remain in.

More solicitor speak.

Just admit it, they couldn't be bothered turning up or had better things to do.

No. You again are taking the bait.

Read into it. Think for yourself or build the wall.

Space Mackerel

No. In a UK bubble. Which Scotland decisively voted to remain in.

"Decisively" oh ma UJ boxer short sides. :lol:

Bring on indyref2. Hurry up with this Brexit plan please.

"Decisively" oh ma UJ boxer short sides. :lol:

Bring on indyref2. Hurry up with this Brexit plan please.

What about the voters who voted yes then for Brexit? Approximately a third of the snp membership did.

Do they vote independence to rejoin the EU? Or to stay out of Europe? Will Sturgeon offer us two votes? One for independence and one for EU membership of she wins question 1?

What if you get beat again?

Space Mackerel

No. You again are taking the bait.

Read into it. Think for yourself or build the wall.

I've always thought for myself.

You can Google away and explain each members apologies for non appearance on here. I'll go with tweet.

Space Mackerel

What about the voters who voted yes then for Brexit? Approximately a third of the snp membership did.

Do they vote independence to rejoin the EU? Or to stay out of Europe? Will Sturgeon offer us two votes? One for independence and one for EU membership of she wins question 1?

What if you get beat again?

We won't get beat again, the next indyref will be called when it's a cast iron certainty :)

We have an iron grip on Scottish politics now and the younger generation coming through will make it even stronger.

I've always thought for myself.

You can Google away and explain each members apologies for non appearance on here. I'll go with tweet.

So rather investigate the facts and make a rounded view you'll "think for yourself" and take the view of one MP who has a clear political bias against non-SNP members on the committee...

...what was Burns's line again "the man o independent mind, he looks and laughs at a'that"?

We won't get beat again, the next indyref will be called when it's a cast iron certainty :)

We have an iron grip on Scottish politics now and the younger generation coming through will make it even stronger.

Ah good. The same arrogance that Labour showed before the collapse. Don't take it for granted. Sturgeon looked as sure footed as Bambi today in Holyrood.

Space Mackerel

So rather investigate the facts and make a rounded view you'll "think for yourself" and take the view of one MP who has a clear political bias against non-SNP members on the committee...

...what was Burns's line again "the man o independent mind, he looks and laughs at a'that"?

Doncha just love social media? Better than the dross spouted out by the MSM.

By the way, London Calling is out now on YouTube. No one is fooled anymore.

Doncha just love social media? Better than the dross spouted out by the MSM.

By the way, London Calling is out now on YouTube. No one is fooled anymore.

Yeah. Social media is great. I keep in touch with my mates, post holiday snaps and gives me updates on gigs, movie releases and events. It's not a reliable source of news. Fake news is a huge industry on social media, linked to the recent Pizzagate shootings in America and part of the growing post-truth attitude towards the world is huge. It's a click-bait industry.

Be selective in your media. I don't read the Murdoch press if I can avoid it. But read widely.

But burrying your head in social media news is a fools game. Check Trump. That's how that happen.

London Calling? Love the Clash. Great band. Quite a bit before my time though.

Space Mackerel

Yeah. Social media is great. I keep in touch with my mates, post holiday snaps and gives me updates on gigs, movie releases and events. It's not a reliable source of news. Fake news is a huge industry on social media, linked to the recent Pizzagate shootings in America and part of the growing post-truth attitude towards the world is huge. It's a click-bait industry.

Be selective in your media. I don't read the Murdoch press if I can avoid it. But read widely.

But burrying your head in social media news is a fools game. Check Trump. That's how that happen.

London Calling? Love the Clash. Great band. Quite a bit before my time though.

I'm a big user of alternative media now, there's plenty about and I think Pans Jambo posted a link to a survey saying a lot of Scots now use it. I haven't watched BBC news since the referendum. It's the saying that people can become the media instead of listening to the usual state propaganda. What makes Laura Kusenburg any different from Joe "Bloggs" Strummer down the street?

Arnold Rothstein

Excellent. We can rest easy that it won't be for a good while then.

I don't even know what your second sentence means.

I'm a big user of alternative media now, there's plenty about and I think Pans Jambo posted a link to a survey saying a lot of Scots now use it. I haven't watched BBC news since the referendum. It's the saying that people can become the media instead of listening to the usual state propaganda. What makes Laura Kusenburg any different from Joe "Bloggs" Strummer down the street?

Well for one the BBC isn't the state. But on journalists, they are generally well connected, have the resource a d supoort to investigate stories better and more professionally. Alternative media has a place but it can't be alone in providing news. Woodward and Bernstein wouldn't have happened via The Canary or Wings over Scotland.

Old fashioned journalism and their methods are still the best off what is out there. Especially in print media.

Propaganda can also be funnelled through your alternative sources. Don't just believe the conspiracy theories on news. Spread by who? Alternative media with a big bias against old media.

Space Mackerel

Well for one the BBC isn't the state. But on journalists, they are generally well connected, have the resource a d supoort to investigate stories better and more professionally. Alternative media has a place but it can't be alone in providing news. Woodward and Bernstein wouldn't have happened via The Canary or Wings over Scotland.

Old fashioned journalism and their methods are still the best off what is out there. Especially in print media.

Propaganda can also be funnelled through your alternative sources. Don't just believe the conspiracy theories on news. Spread by who? Alternative media with a big bias against old media.

The BBC isn't the state, whaaaaaaaaaaat? It's in the name!

Remind me not to call you when up in front of the beak or buying a property.

It wouldn't be Lassie because Lassie isn't a border collie.

You'll be hoping for a brutal winter, no doubt.

Question (genuine one): do you use a variety of social media, or do you pick and choose the ones that fit your view?

Space Mackerel

You'll be hoping for a brutal winter, no doubt.

Question (genuine one): do you use a variety of social media, or do you pick and choose the ones that fit your view?

I watch Sky news quite a bit, mornings and evenings. I read a lot of pro Indy web stuff and occasionally go to the Express and Mail FB pages just to involuntary pish my pants with laughter. :)

Archived