Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

"Wish I could be like Tony Watts - To the tune of The Jam "wish could be like Davy Watts"

?/

Didn't the jam just cover a kinks classic?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I scream at the top of my lungs, WATTS SCORING GOALS! And I said HEY EH EH EH eh eh, HEY EH EH, I SAID HEY, WATTS SCORING GOALS

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:yas:

Just wrong :D

If by wrong, you mean fantastic, I agree :lol:

Yeah but they bu bu bu bucked up the best bit

Careful, Smithee.

You know how easily arguments start these days on here.

:)

I vote Kinks, for the record.

...a bit disco

:rofl:

That is just fecked on another level!

Unknown user

Careful, Smithee.

You know how easily arguments start these days on here.

:)

I vote Kinks, for the record.

I don't know the meaning of the word chief - Davies Brothers' Mental Muswell Army!

Unknown user

What will Watt's song be?

I go for "What's Up" 4 non Blondes

I saw them supporting Prince at Meadowbank years ago, they got one song out before their equipment gave up, quite fitting if you ask me!

...a bit disco

So is he able to play tonight or not?

Watt? Not.

Home is where the heart is after former Celtic striker Tony Watt joins Hearts

By Darren Johnstone - July 20, 2016 0 298

@CCP_sport

New Hearts striker Tony Watt insists home comforts can help him thrive at Tynecastle after returning to Scotland on a season-loan loan from Charlton.

The former Celtic marksman, who plans to move back in with his parents, completed the switch yesterday after undergoing a medical but a groin injury and a Europa League signing deadline means he will not be available for this evening?s visit of Birkirkara.

The 22-year-old is best remembered for scoring the winning Champions League goal against Barcelona for Celtic in November 2012 but he has struggled to realise his full potential since then.

tonywattWatt joined Belgian outfit Lierse on loan a year later before signing a permanent deal at Standard Liege.

A switch to Charlton in 2015 followed and Watt spent time on loan at Cardiff and Blackburn Rovers last season.

Questions have been raised over the player?s work rate in the past and Scotland assistant manager Mark McGhee admitted in March he would love to ?smack him around? prior to Watt?s international debut against the Czech Republic.

But Watt insists the stability of being back in the family home can help him put all his energy into football.

He said: ?I?m still young and I know I?ve got my career in front of me. I want to come back and play games.

?I?ve had a groin injury recently and I?ve been away from my family for a few years.

?Hearts are a big club and I want to come back and get some stability in my life and kick on.

?I had a stop-start season last year due to a few things: injuries, a transfer embargo (at Cardiff). Then I went back to Charlton and it wasn?t for me, and I wanted to be closer to home.

?It won?t take me time to settle, I?ll be back with my family, back at my mum and dad?s house.

?I want to play 40 games a season and I want to be back closer to my family, sometimes it?s difficult being away.

?I know people will say, ?he?s a footballer?, but sometimes it?s difficult being away from home since I was 18, 19 and maybe it?s time for a year or two to come back and settle down and kick on.?

A groin complaint brought last season to a premature end for Watt during his time at Rovers but the marksman is targeting a debut in the Europa League third qualifying round against Russian side Krasnodar, proving Robbie Neilson?s side can see off Maltese outfit Birkirkara in this evening?s second leg.

He added: ?I did my physio at Hampden over the summer, I missed the last month of the season last year but I should be okay now.

?I just need game time, I took it slowly and watched my rehab. It?s gone fine I think.

?I?m not far away, I would hope to be involved in the first leg and hopefully a big part in the second leg, and hopefully for the first game of the season against Celtic.

?There?s a good squad here but if I do my own thing, I?m sure I can be challenging to start every game and play a big role in the season.

?I know the league inside out, I played here for years and hopefully I can come back and play well and challenge at the right end of the table.?

Nelly Terraces

:rofl:

Don't knock it until you've tried it.....

Absolutely. Give anything a bash once, 'here for a good time, not a long time' is my motto - hope Mr Watt is up for both though.

Watt-Zeefuik

Being almost serious and on topic for a moment, given that he says he's fit but hasn't had game time, I imagine in the first leg against *** he'll be on the bench and come on as a 60 minute sub.

I presume that going by Tony's habit of tweeting (last nights as an example), we're going to receive constant updates on how negative fans can be after a loss?

Get used to it Tony.

Sitting through 90 minutes of dull, boring shite will do that to supporters.

• 5 months later...
Jambo 4 Ever

Offer me Watt and Zeefuik and I'll take Watt every time.

He has played at a higher level for longer and scored at this level in Scotland.

Still think this?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I take it we don't train three times a day any more. ....or did they not tell him :rolleyes:

They didn't tell him. ....Did they?

Watt-Zeefuik

So much potential that will never be realized.

I refer, of course, to the missed chance to have the "Watt-Zeefuik" strike force.

:sob:

Still think this?

In terms of talent alone, Yes its a no brainer. In terms of effectiveness and effort now that we've seen both in action, you'd take Zeefuik over Watt, but I still wouldnt take Zeefuik back to play in this league.

I talked him up plenty on his first few performances.

Unbelievable how some people can have this talent and just waste it.

Rudolf's Mate

In terms of talent alone, Yes its a no brainer. In terms of effectiveness and effort now that we've seen both in action, you'd take Zeefuik over Watt, but I still wouldnt take Zeefuik back to play in this league.

I'd take Zeefuik over TW. 100 times out of 100.

And I was preying the club would make TW a permanent singing! Just shows you how wrong you can be.

Skivingatwork

No question regarding his ability, the question is whether or not he wants to use it. At Hearts the answer, sadly, was no.

rudi must stay

First big decision from Cathro. But I think it's the right one, not a team player for us and I don't think he was ever going to be

Magic Numbers

Interesting news article re T Watt on the Charlton Athletic official site...seems like the manager is not too happy with him.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-karl-robinson-tony-watt-3493974.aspx

Karl Robinson has confirmed that Tony Watt is set to return to Charlton. 

The Manager was asked about the striker, who has been out on loan at Hearts, following Saturday?s 1-1 draw against Southend United at Roots Hall. 

And he says that Watt will be back at the club in the next couple of days for testing.  

?What is going to happen with Tony Watt is that he is going to come in and I?m going to run the legs off of him,? said Robinson. ?I?m going to make him sweat, make him cry and I want to see whether he has got the desire to play for me and this club. 

?That is the top and bottom of it. There have been a lot of questions about Tony, his mentality and desire, but no-one in this football world has ever questioned his talent. 

?Tony has to come back an apologise for certain things and then endear himself to the fans and to me and to the club. If you want to play football, come to a club with great young players, great fans and a great desire to improve and be better. 

?I want him to prove that he can be one of the best players in this league. He?s got to come back for testing and, within that, we?ll see if he has got the application to be here.?

I like the sound of this guy Karl Robinson, seems like he means business.  Wonder what Watt has to apologise for?

Jambo 4 Ever

I have such a good feeling about this that I wish it was a signing rather than a loan.

Very best of luck to him.

Bet you are glad now that it was just a loan!!!

Not a team player. Still, he scored a goal for Hearts. That will eclipse his goal for Celtic v Barcelona as career highlight no problem

Total enigma of a player. No-one can say to Watt he's not had loads of chances at various teams. Even got into the scotland squad recently. Seems to have blown every chance. Easter Road beckons - the famous last chance saloon for such types.

What happened there though? He was tweeting about loving his football again and playing with a big smile on his face when he first arrived. Something happened!

Jambo 4 Ever

Please score goals.

Please.

Didn't ask hard enough!

Some folk really need to move on from Osman Sow!

This is a fantastic signing and I only wish it was a permanent deal, welcome to the famous Tony and credit where it's due to Robbie and Craig.

Bet you are glad it isn't a perm deal now! :)

He'll score a winner against Rangers this season.

:verysmug:

Bookmark it.

Oh well....

Never mind, eh.

Back to questioning (trolling) everything you go now, JiH.

:thumbsup:

Why would he do that?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Big disappointment this guy. Add him to the shite transfer list, of which we've had many recently

Maiden Gorgie

Can't believe how quickly TW went downhill. Looked the part in his first few appearances but seemed to lose interest. Something not right in the head department, that is obvious

Rudolf's Mate

What happened there though? He was tweeting about loving his football again and playing with a big smile on his face when he first arrived. Something happened!

That seems like a distant memory!

He's come to us in an attempt to kickstart his career. You'd think their manager/coach would have told him to come up and grab his chance and possibly force his way back into his team.

Add to that he's had his loan cut short and probably followed up with a call to confirm why it was. All guess work but if you were his boss on that basis you'd pretty pissed off.

The Tony Watt we ended up with is probably the same Tony Watt they were pulling their hair out at.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

That seems like a distant memory!

He's come to us in an attempt to kickstart his career. You'd think their manager/coach would have told him to come up and grab his chance and possibly force his way back into his team.

Add to that he's had his loan cut short and probably followed up with a call to confirm why it was. All guess work but if you were his boss on that basis you'd pretty pissed off.

The Tony Watt we ended up with is probably the same Tony Watt they were pulling their hair out at.

He came to us to be closer to his family. Coming to Hearts was convenient for his needs.

I reckon his days are numbered at Charlton. Lennon seems to love an ex celtic player and with his desire to be closer to his family Hibs might be a destination in the not so distant future.

(Disclaimer: Complete guess work :P )

Cathro's Laptop

I reckon his days are numbered at Charlton. Lennon seems to love an ex celtic player and with his desire to be closer to his family Hibs might be a destination in the not so distant future.

(Disclaimer: Complete guess work :P )

Doubt it. Was it not Lennon who emptied him from Parkhead because of his poor attitude & work rate?

Rudolf's Mate

He came to us to be closer to his family. Coming to Hearts was convenient for his needs.

That was his reasons but it's looking like Charlton had hoped he'd grab his chance.

Archived