Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

fabienleclerq

If things go the way I expect them to go tomorrow night,the signing of Tony Watt could well be the bit of magic that possibly gives us a couple of goals advantage to take to Russia (hopefully with a clean sheet) and wouldn't that be something.

Getting slightly ahead of yourself there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen Muddie

When I seen that photo of BR i thought , I wonder if the celtic game is on the Tranny

:rofl:

Haha I linked the wrong thing. You caught me perving lol

Yes, whether he is fit enough at this stage is another matter?

Yes, whether he is fit enough at this stage is another matter?

Not eligible for tomorrow. If we get through the club have to register a list of players for next round by 24th July.

Unknown user

He talks about the last 18 months. I think they did after Celtic and Aberdeen 2 years ago. But then Hearts got promoted as they lost their bigger earners. Genuinely think 2 years ago yes. But not last year. He wouldn't have known Hearts salary bill to make that statement.

And here's what he actually said in February

"This included supporting a playing squad that commands the third highest wage bill in the Ladbrokes Premiership."

Each club's playing budget won't exactly be a secret to other owners and I'm pretty sure I remember Hearts saying we wouldn't have the third highest budget last summer.

Either way, he's pretty clear in what he's saying - utd had the third biggest wage bill in the premier last season

No. They didn't. Financials will be out soon enough and prove my point.

We started last season with the 6th/7th highest budget in Scotland behind Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers, St J (possibly - if not then very close) and D Utd. We upped the budget during the season because we were doing so well and we had such good crowds, and so possibly finished the season with the 4th/5th highest budget in Scotland. We were budgeting for a top 6 finish that season remember.

alicante jambo

I watched a you tube video of him earlier.He looks impressive loves running at defenders and has pace.

Could have sworn this thread was about our new signing

Every thread is about everything now. Folk would be as well to title a thread 'Thread' and just say "Calllumm Patttersonn". Pagger guaranteed. **** knows about what though.

I believe we do have something in place to make this permanent.

If correct, then I am delighted with every aspect of this deal.

Socrates 1982.

Been annoying me all day.

You're easily annoyed! Said I'd be surprised if we signed him - loan player, reputation for not being a good pro - and am. Doesn't mean he won't be great for us.

I don't like the pink tubing. Appreciate years ago but why not painted over or replaced? I think the new stand is too small and lacks ambition. The new away kit is ridiculous. Our current financial position is very healthy regardless of administration. But our signings remain set to battle for 4th. No more.

That our last CF of note was Robbo is sackable in itself for those managing this.

The statue looks weird too. And is in a weird part of the stadium.

Anyway. You asked. It's an opinion game.

To give you some credit, some of these are valid points.

The pink tubing could really be repainted, it wouldn't be a massive job and would improve the look of the stadium, at a fairly minimal cost.  It's not something to lose sleep over, but I'm sure it will be addressed in time.

The striker situation hasn't been great over the years, but we have had a few half-decent shots.  Would agree that we have been missing someone capable of banging 20+ goals in a season for a while now.  Worse teams manage it.  I'm sure we'll get there.

I'd argue the statue is in the best place for it, over the memorial garden.  Unfortunately, with such a tight stadium, we lack any real room for it.  I would have preferred the statue to be in the garden, watching over, not facing away, but it can always be moved at a later date.

I think you're overly critical of Neilson though.  This season (15/16) was always going to be about rebuilding, and getting back to where we belong.  We showed flashes of being able to turn it on, and again, I'm sure it's something we'll address in the coming seasons.  It's all looking very positive at the club at the minute, and I can't wait to see what the next few seasons bring.  I'd rather we do things right, over a few years, than try and rush it and get it wrong!  :thumbsup:

Can people stop spouting utter pish about us having the third biggest budget in the league last years

Seriously amongst all the pish that is serially spewed up on here that utter load of nonsense really fecking grinds my tits.

If you want to moan moan but don't just fecking invent utter bullshit.

And if wages were the be all and end all we'd still be in the championship because Rangers and Hibs both had and possibly still have bigger budgets than us.

So how do you explain that?

Oh I know how you explain that. In each season Robbie has been head coach he has finished above teams with higher spending than us.

Well blow me up the arsehole....

Goldstone Wonder

Fa fa fafafa fa fa fa I wish I could be like Tony Watt

I always judge a man on whether he says Fa fa fa fa or Ba ba ba ba.

You passed :thumbsup:

For he is of pure and noble breed

Can people stop spouting utter pish about us having the third biggest budget in the league last years

Seriously amongst all the pish that is serially spewed up on here that utter load of nonsense really fecking grinds my tits.

If you want to moan moan but don't just fecking invent utter bullshit.

What evidence do you have to say we haven't? Other than the ramblings of a desperate man, trying to defend himself to his own fanbase, due to the Jackie McNamara debacle.

Our staff costs were projected to be far in excess (well over 1 million) of every other club bar Aberdeen and Celtic.

Maiden Gorgie

Firstly I think Watt is an excellent signing, think he will do well with Sammon and Juanma will be dropped eventually. Which may be the kick in the arse he needs. Win Win all round.

Secondly, and miles off topic, the pink tubing. I heard years ago that the only anti-corrosion paint suitable for the supports only came in two colours - pink or green and we of course chose pink. Now, that may be a crock of shite as I am a gullible sod. Anyone hear the same?

J Cheever Loophole

Every thread is about everything now. Folk would be as well to title a thread 'Thread' and just say "Calllumm Patttersonn". Pagger guaranteed. **** knows about what though.

Agreed, it's getting ****ing tedious.

KB is needing a thorough banhammer  cleanout, nae prisoners.

GTTF

sairyinthat

Getting slightly ahead of yourself there.

I tend to do that on a regular basis,you think maybe I'm wrong?About tomorrows or against the Russians or about both? Not clear.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What evidence do you have to say we haven't? Other than the ramblings of a desperate man, trying to defend himself to his own fanbase, due to the Jackie McNamara debacle.

Our staff costs were projected to be far in excess (well over 1 million) of every other club bar Aberdeen and Celtic.

I believe our budget was very similar to St Johnstone.

We are still in recovery, why people choose to ignore that I'm not sure

Any comments from Neilson yet regarding this signing? Interested to know where he is at fitness wise - hopefully not far away!

Unknown user

Any comments from Neilson yet regarding this signing? Interested to know where he is at fitness wise - hopefully not far away!

There was something about a coo

I wonder if he's got a wee chip on his shoulder against Celtic. Wouldn't surprise me to see him turn in a blinder against them to prove a point.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not seen any from Robbie but this whas a quote from Tony Watt on the HMFC website.

?I?m not far away in terms of fitness, I?m ready to go and just need game time really.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The team with the third highest wage bill actually finished 12th.

If they did then they would have finished in our position. Thats how football works, no?

Agreed, it's getting ******* tedious.

KB is needing a thorough banhammer cleanout, nae prisoners.

GTTF

Say what???

Oh. Banhammer. That's okay then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want an honest answer, and please don't join the boring ranks of 'you must be a Hibs fan' but I used to more years ago. And obviously romping the Championship was great by all at Tynie in recent times. But lately I'm probably rebelling a bit against the blind adulation on here of all going on lately.

I don't like the pink tubing. Appreciate years ago but why not painted over or replaced? I think the new stand is too small and lacks ambition. The new away kit is ridiculous. Our current financial position is very healthy regardless of administration. But our signings remain set to battle for 4th. No more.

I don't like the headmistress atmosphere at Tynie now. It comes from a good place but has went too far.

We laud Robbie for finishing 3rd. With the league's 3rd biggest wage bill. Who are we amazed we finished above? Serious question. Killie? Utd?

Our playing style remains dull. Our youth policy has been terrible for years. That our last CF of note was Robbo is sackable in itself for those managing this.

The statue looks weird too. And is in a weird part of the stadium.

So there you go. At the end of the day I want the best for Hearts. That means being a demanding customer. Not an obliging sheep.

I don't dispute Budge wants the best too. Doesn't mean I have to nod along. It's not North Korea. And it's not like she's no going to get her money back. The fans investing ?2m a year won't. That's where the adulation belongs. Exceptional.

You can give me all the, why are you on here, you're a Hibs fan, etc etc. But I'm the first to applaud. Just seems I'm no feeling it just now. Maybe that's being in ur 40s for you.

Anyway. You asked. It's an opinion game.

Some fair points but I really disagree about the stadium and signings.

Would be nice if we could rebuild Tynecastle like Dresden with corners filled and higher capacity, but we're not rolling in cash or being bankrolled by a billionaire. There's also a restriction from the council on what our capacity can be given the close proximity of flats and narrow roads (Gorgie Road barely copes after a match ends, imagine if there were 30,000 folk being evacuated in a hurry because of an emergency).

The main thing Budge is doing is making sure we don't overspend for short term gain and end up in another financial ruin. Unfortunately, it means accepting that in the short term, we're not going to be like we were in the Romanov era (player budgets, stadium ambitions).

I'd hope within the next decade, Tynecastle redevelopment will be on the cards again and the club will be in a financially great position to do some really ambitious stuff. I dream we buy the distillery and rebuild Tynecastle further over so we can have a wider pitch, filled in corners and higher capacity because more ways to exit the ground.

To bring this on topic, I think Tony Watt on a one year loan is the short term solution we need so we can continue to grow in the long term where we really will be much more ambitious.

Maiden Gorgie

Some fair points but I really disagree about the stadium and signings.

Would be nice if we could rebuild Tynecastle like Dresden with corners filled and higher capacity, but we're not rolling in cash or being bankrolled by a billionaire. There's also a restriction from the council on what our capacity can be given the close proximity of flats and narrow roads (Gorgie Road barely copes after a match ends, imagine if there were 30,000 folk being evacuated in a hurry because of an emergency).

The main thing Budge is doing is making sure we don't overspend for short term gain and end up in another financial ruin. Unfortunately, it means accepting that in the short term, we're not going to be like we were in the Romanov era (player budgets, stadium ambitions).

I'd hope within the next decade, Tynecastle redevelopment will be on the cards again and the club will be in a financially great position to do some really ambitious stuff. I dream we buy the distillery and rebuild Tynecastle further over so we can have a wider pitch, filled in corners and higher capacity because more ways to exit the ground.

To bring this on topic, I think Tony Watt on a one year loan is the short term solution we need so we can continue to grow in the long term where we really will be much more ambitious.

Great post kila :thumbsup:

The .net perspective.

HIBERNIAN-0762 06:51 PM Today

Who cares who they sign? they are crap and they know it, finishing 3rd in arguably the worst SPFL in recent times.

Sorry, you finished where in what league?

:rofl: fud

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Been away for 24 hours, so have returned to see that the Tony Watt thread has grown from 8 to 19 pages but in amongst all of that is the great news that we have signed him.

However, it's good to know that we've decided to have handbags on the fact that the pink tubing hasn't been painted / is pink / no one asked us what colour we wanted it etc.

Came on to see everyone's views on Tony Watt signing and the discussion is about the colour of the paint on the floodlights.  I remeber now why I'm not on here much.  FWIW I believe Watt will do a good job for us.  A wee bit of support might help make that happen.

I believe our budget was very similar to St Johnstone.

We are still in recovery, why people choose to ignore that I'm not sure

Danny Swanson was offered a longer deal at St Johnstone but chose to join us. The Sporting Intelligence's Global Sports Salaries Survey had us paying only 100 quid a week less than St Johnstone when we were in our relegation season. Our wages have doubled since then.

I don't know why people choose to pretend most of the tinpot clubs in our league who are lucky to get a few thousand fans through the turnstiles can compete with us financially.

I get that we have had to rebuild the club from the bottom up, but our fanbase is 3 or 4 times most of the clubs in the league. It doesn't take long for that to have an effect when most of the money Scottish clubs make is from gate receipts/hospitality/strip sales.

Clerry Jambo

The .net perspective.

Who cares who they sign? they are crap and they know it, finishing 3rd in arguably the worst SPFL in recent times.

That'll be why the fuds won their holy grail then eh!! Fud

Maiden Gorgie

Said on Twitter that we're a great club.

:jjyay:

Didn't refer to us as 'the famous'

:muggy:

WHAT?!

Send him back to Charlton pronto! :lol:

J Cheever Loophole

Say what???

Oh. Banhammer. That's okay then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not, never you, Bubbles, me ol' Cocker.

The .net perspective.

They really are a bunch of idiots. They talk with an air of authority as if they were top 3 regulars in the Spl when trying to demean us finishing 3rd. Nothing better than a bottom 6 club when they are actually in the Big League.

They struggle to finish in the top 6 ....the pish that they are.

You're easily annoyed! Said I'd be surprised if we signed him - loan player, reputation for not being a good pro - and am. Doesn't mean he won't be great for us.

Eek!

I meant that Watt reminded me of Socrates (from) 1982. Been bothering me all day who he looked like. I wasn't referring to you in anyway. I wasn't even aware there was a "Socrates 82" on JKB let alone that you'd posted on this thread.

:)

I thought I'd check back on this thread to see how the Tony Watt signing was going down. Unsurprisingly the usual suspects have managed to hijack it with unrelated and irrelevant posts.

John mcCartney

made my day this news,just got in from work after an excruciating day and dealing with *****.....

?I?m looking forward to playing here and hopefully the fans will be cheering my name.?

lets get behind this guy,hes pushing it out for us lot

scarf above head,good soundbites

nice one tone and hmfc !!!!!!!!!

Eek!

I meant that Watt reminded me of Socrates (from) 1982. Been bothering me all day who he looked like. I wasn't referring to you in anyway. I wasn't even aware there was a "Socrates 82" on JKB let alone that you'd posted on this thread.

Classic! It's an uncanny resemblance now you mention it. Tony Watt now officially my favourite player.

socrates-brazil-2011.jpg92708f0efd3d3d6b43218e137948ffbd.png

Classic! It's an uncanny resemblance now you mention it. Tony Watt now officially my favourite player.

socrates-brazil-2011.jpg92708f0efd3d3d6b43218e137948ffbd.png

The .net perspective.

Jesus ******* christ.

To give you some credit, some of these are valid points.

The pink tubing could really be repainted, it wouldn't be a massive job and would improve the look of the stadium, at a fairly minimal cost. It's not something to lose sleep over, but I'm sure it will be addressed in time.

The striker situation hasn't been great over the years, but we have had a few half-decent shots. Would agree that we have been missing someone capable of banging 20+ goals in a season for a while now. Worse teams manage it. I'm sure we'll get there.

I'd argue the statue is in the best place for it, over the memorial garden. Unfortunately, with such a tight stadium, we lack any real room for it. I would have preferred the statue to be in the garden, watching over, not facing away, but it can always be moved at a later date.

I think you're overly critical of Neilson though. This season (15/16) was always going to be about rebuilding, and getting back to where we belong. We showed flashes of being able to turn it on, and again, I'm sure it's something we'll address in the coming seasons. It's all looking very positive at the club at the minute, and I can't wait to see what the next few seasons bring. I'd rather we do things right, over a few years, than try and rush it and get it wrong! :thumbsup:

Appreciate a mature and non aggressive response. Good reply. The salary thing won't be proven one way or the other until figures are released. But for the life of me I can't think who at Utd would be on even ?2k a week. But I might be wrong. I admit I'm assuming. But couldn't imagine Juanma, Rossi, Oshaniwa, Sow, Augustyn, etc were all on less than what was effectively a Utd youth team in the end. Who are their big earners?

Anyway. Good reply. Could do with more level headed debate than name calling.

Archived